Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennytang
Stats: 212/169/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2012
Week 2 - Looking for weight loss buddy in same week

Hi all -

I am on Day 1 of Week 2. I'm looking for some buddies in the same week to communicate with. Thought it would be fun to encourage each other and keep track of the weight loss together and just have a friend on this journey.

Any one interested?

Jenny
jennytang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nurseingu
Stats: 234/205/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hi!

I'm in Day 2 of week 2. Is that close enough? I too would also like to communicate with someone in the same phase and timeframe as I am.
Karen
Nurseingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Day 1 of week 2 here too I was happy with my loss the first week but we're going out of town this weekend for 4 days and I'm just really hoping I can still see a loss next week again! I am good about eating on-plan, but it may be hard to count calories as closely while I'm staying at relative's houses. Since they'll be preparing food quite often, I am hoping to just stick to very "safe" choices and not have any unwelcome surprises! Thankfully I can pull up restaurant nutritional info on my phone, so I should be OK there

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

@Karen - Awesome! I had my first weigh-in yesterday and I was 6 pounds down in 6 days. For whatever reason, I thought it would be more but I'm trying to stay positive. First day of veggies today so I'm kind of excited! I think i'm gonna try a chicken sausage with a little onion and pepper tonight.

When are your weigh-ins?

@Momme-2-girls - even though you can't count the calories, you know what the appropriate portion size is and what the right foods are...you'll do great! Our social lives go on even though we are on this program so I guess we need to figure out how to do it all! I have three kids too - two girls (ages 8 and 3) and a boy (age 11). Are you finding challenges cooking for them while you're on MWL or do they eat the same things as you? Good luck with your trip this weekend. Let us know how everything goes.

Jenny
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: 1/4/12
Hello, I'm in Week 2 also (Day 3). My weigh-in date is on Tuesday. I lost 8 lbs in Week 1. I'm happy but I hope I don't get disappointed in the following weeks because I know that you lose the most in Week 1. I guess any weight loss in any week is good!
Do you all get the 2nd B12 shot in the week or just the one every week? If you get the 2nd one mid-week, do you see a difference? I'm not even sure I see a diff in the 1st one!
Anyway, I'm in this for the long haul--I have 100 pounds to lose if I want to get down to my ideal weight for my height.
I'm so glad I found this board!
Christine_Bay Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Hi Christine -

Congrats on 8 pounds! That's awesome. I have the same fears about my Week 2 weigh-in (which is on Wednesday). But I think we just have to remember that as long as we keep losing, that's what's important.

I don't do the supplemental B12 shot. I'm not sure if it helps. Like you, I don't know if the first one really helps. My clinic is about 1/2 hour away so I don't think making the trip just for the shot is worth it.

I was really hungry yesterday for some reason (Week 2, Day 1). I didn't go over the 500 protein calories. I added in 1 1/2 cup serving of veggies (which tasted really good!). I was still in ketosis this morning so I hope everything is still on track.

Good luck with your journey. Keep us posted on your progress on Tuesday.

Jenny
Old 01-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone!!!
@ jessica. Just watch your portions and try to stick with proteins and stay away from starches. When I would go out to eat the first time I was in the program I would always start off at the salad bar with green leafy veggies amd add chicken breast to it. After that I would be full. Stay away from breads, potatos and other simple carbs. If you do consume a large amount of them it will throw your body out of ketosis and you would have to do week 1 all over again. I had to do that last year when I came back from my cruise.
@ Christine. I always go back to my clinic mid ween and recieve both injections- the B12 and the B6. They seem to help with the cravings and water weight. Get my midweek injection (just got it) and my regular weekly appt is Tuesday. The B12 is free but you have to pay $10 for the B6. Stick with it. The weight will be gone in no time.
@ jenny. My weekly appt is Tuesday morning so that's my weigh in day. Will post my weight after weigh in weather good or bad.....hopefully all good!!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Christine- YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I lost over 100 pounds in 2009 on Medi and regained most of it back during pregnancy bedrest with my son. So I'm back, starting again, but I can tell you it IS possible to lost significant weight, feel good, and be proud of yourself on this plan!!

Jenny- Thank you for the encouragement! I am doing well, still here for 1-2 more days. I miss some of my medi-legal treats (ff greek yogurt, sf jello) but being a houseguest I couldn't really bring EVERYTHING with me I have been doing well eating in terms of my choices. Not sure my calories have been as low as they needed to, but definitely been good in terms of carbs. Lots of eating out, lots of eating food cooked by others, but I've been open about my eating and everyone respects that!

Week 1 I had to survive a kids' birthday party at Chuck E Cheese where the ONLY food was pizza (I ate ahead of time), a baby shower, and a hockey game (NO legal foods there!). I did great and I am NOT going to let this week throw me!

Karen- Best of luck on your weigh-in this week!! I go Wednesday. I know you'll do great! Your numbers are already going in the right direction!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone!!!

I'm so glad your eating was on point this weekend jessica. I know how hard it can be eating out and staying with relatives. That's good you let them know about your eating plan and they respected that. Good support!!!
Well I did have 2 glasses of wine this weekend! . Probably threw me out of ketosis. So I'm restarting week 1. Go to the clinic tomorrow morning and I'm sure that's what they will tell me to do. Just getting a head start. No point in looking back...moving forward and sticking to the plan. No more mishaps.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

@Jessica -

Wow! You had a lot temptations this weekend and made it through them all! Congrats. I know how hard that is. We took the kids to a college basketball game over the weekend and we would normally buy snacks to eat (which everyone did but me). It was hard but I just drank my water! A little victory but I'm proud of myself. You should be too.

I go Wednesday at 10:15. I'll post my progress.

Jenny
Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Not sure how far all of you have gotten into the recipes but these are SO good! I am making them tonight in preparation for taking my daughters to the movies tomorrow. Even my hates-all-healthy-food husband said "oohhhh" when I told him I was making them! Anyway, they're great to take along for movies, sports games, etc, when you know you'll want to snack but there won't be healthy options.

I always just 4 packs of gelatin and 1 pack of sf jello.

Quote:
MEDI GUMMIES!

5 envelopes of the unflavored gelatin
1 crystal light package
1/2 cup of very cold water

In 1/2 cup of very cold water, add slowy the 5 packages of unflavored gelatin, then add the crytal light OR 1 envelope of sugar free Jell-O (if you add the Jell-O, you can use 4 envelopes of unflavored gelatin, or add more water).
Mix everything very well, it is going to be like a paste.
Place the container in the microwave and cook in high for 1:30 minutes, or until you can see the foam raising.
In a flat glass container, pour the gelatin and spread it even. Place in the frezeer for 15 minutes, transfer to the fridge for another 15 minutes. Then, take the container out of the fridge, remove the harded gelatin and cut it in cubes, stripes or whatever form you like.

You can prepare different flavors and after being the first flavor in the frezeer for 15 minutes, add the second layer and return it to the freezer for another 15 minutes. You can add as many flavors as you like. Then, you will have a multicolor gummy.

after you cut the gelatin, place the gummies in a air thight container. You do not need to store them in the fridge, but be sure to store them in a cool place.

They help me when I need something sweet or when I go to the movies!

Enjoy them!

Last edited by Mommy-2-girls; 01-16-2012 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4life2
Stats: 302/294/155
Start Date: January 10,2012
I too am a Week 2 Day 1 here! I love this website as well! We can do it!!! I lost 8 lbs in the first week and 7.3 of it being FAT!!!!! Lets go ladies!!
lose4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweepy
Stats: 157
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restarted 6/14
Hi everyone! I just started week 2 day 1! I weighed in today and I lost 5 lbs!
sweepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

We can do it!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

...down 3.2 lbs @ weekly consult this morning!! After this past weekend that's fine with me!!!
Karen
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Hi All -

Congrats on the continued losses!! We are all going in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

@Jessica - thanks for the gummy reciped. I did bring my girls to Beauty & the Beast this weekend and had a pack of almonds - didn't really cut it but I'm thinking the gummies would have. Thanks!

Jenny
Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Karen- That's awesome! What did the clinic say about you redoing week 1? Did you fall out of ketosis?

Sooo, we came back from our family trip and now my husband, 3 year old, and 6 month old are all throwing up. Awesome. I sent my 4 year old to my Mom's house and am just praying that she and I don't get it. Ugh. I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow but we'll see how bad things are at home.. may have to delay it for a day.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4life2
Stats: 302/294/155
Start Date: January 10,2012
OH, can't wait to try to make my own gummies!! Love the originals!!
lose4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: 1/4/12
This morning was my weigh-in...down 3.0 lbs, for a total of 11 lbs in 2 weeks! I'm very happy because I only expected to lose a pound or 2 at the most. Should I be concerned that most of the loss was water loss and not fat loss? The nurse said not to be too hung up about it. Either way, I'll take it. I just came home from all day Annual Company meeting and dinner. I was tempted all day with food, sweets, cocktails but I kept to plan. In the past, I would've given in, especially to the drinks but I swore to myself 2 weeks ago that this was going to be the last diet I am ever on.

Week 3...here I come!
Christine_Bay Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

...going to try those gummies!!! Would be a nice change from jello!! The counselor @ the clinic said I did the right thing by restarting week 1. Whenever you eat carbs it could throw your body out of ketosis. Just wanted to make sure I'm burning that fat so I can get the most out of the program.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Weigh-In Day!

Hi friends -

Today is my 2nd weigh-in. I'm nervous that I'll be disappointed today but I have been so good on the plan so there's really no reason I shouldn't have lost.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a good day.

Jenny
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone -

Very disappointed after weigh in - I lost 3.5 of fat but I gained 2 lb of water so my net weight loss was only 1.5 pounds. I was totally devasted on that scale. The clinician said that she was happy with the fat loss and that the water can be a result of many things....TOM (which it wasn't), high sodium intake (which I don't think I had), etc.

Oh well. Here's hoping week 3 is more successful.

Jenny
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone -

Very disappointed after weigh in - I lost 3.5 of fat but I gained 2 lb of water so my net weight loss was only 1.5 pounds. I was totally devasted on that scale. The clinician said that she was happy with the fat loss and that the water can be a result of many things....TOM (which it wasn't), high sodium intake (which I don't think I had), etc.

Oh well. Here's hoping week 3 is more successful.

Jenny
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Jenny- Hang in there.. 1.5 pounds of loss is still better that where you were before Medi, right? A loss is a loss is a loss!!

Have you started exercising yet? I know last time around I lost quite a bit more when I was exercising 3x per week. It really made a difference for me.

Less than 5 pounds and you'll be in ONEderland!!!

I missed my weigh-in today because my daughter and son are still sick with the stomach flu. Yuk. I may see if I can get in there tomorrow to make it up if they're both healthy at that point.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Jessica -

Thanks for the encouragment. I am feeling better today.

I would love to start working out but the clinician told me to hold off for another week or two until we get my diet in a good place - because she said we'll need to add in more calories for those days that I do workout.

I hope your kids feel better. Nothing worse than the stomach flu! The longer you wait, the more you'll lose!

Keep me posted.

Jennt
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Well, looks like today is my turn with the stomach flu. No weigh-in for me today. The Dr at my clinic isn't in on Fridays, so I will have to wait until Monday and hope my AS last until then. It's all broth and fluids today anyway for me. Ughhhh...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Jessica -

Hope you are feeling better. Maybe you lost a few extra pounds! LOL.

Had a tough day yesterday. Went to a friends house for a get together with lots of food and drink. I brought a couple of snacks but it was very hard. I stayed on plan but when I got home I felt very down. I guess the realization hit me that I can't socialize with food the way I used to.

Hopefully today will be a better day.

Have a good week.

Jenny
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Jenny- I'm proud of you for staying on-plan! It is hard but I honestly found over time that it's easier to just let people know what you're doing and most people are happy to accomodate you! This morning in our Sunday School class one girl brought food.. there is ALWAYS food every Sunday, rarely anything I can eat. It's usually sweet, sugary, and starchy! Anyway, she found a recipe for "egg muffins" that was eggs, bacon, cheese and half & half baked in muffin tins. She even found the calorie and WW points info for the dieters! I thought it was really sweet of her to plan something

Anyway, hang in there!!!

And, yes, everyone is FINALLY healthy! Woohoo!!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I've been having a really hard time with this diet these past few days. I've been craving starch REALLY bad! Anykind! I really dont like cake normally but I've been really wanting some angel food cake! I've done good though. I've stuck to my diet. Its been hard, especially since I havnt gone grocery shopping yet and cant until Weds., but I'm surviving. I'm down 6 lbs! So thats always a plus. Good luck dieters! We can do this!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

@Jessica -

Thanks for the encouraging words! I have been telling everyone about the diet which does help. NOt only because they can be supportive with food choices, but also because it provides some more accountability.

I hope to see a better loss this week than I did last week...It will make my sacrifices well worth it!

So glad you are all feeling better - my two girls are home sick today...fever and runny nose.

@Sweepy - it's hard when those cravings creep up on you but I found something crunchy that helps with my cravings. It's a product called Magic Pop Cakes. They have no fat, 15 calories and 4 grams of carbs. They are bigger and flatter than a rice cake and taste much better! They have different flavors. I bought mine at Shop Rite. Not sure if you have those stores near you. Just a thought...

Anyway, have a good week all. Keep in touch.

Jenny