Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
Week one completed today!! HELP!!!!

Hey all!!! So a few years ago I joined Medi and LOVED IT!!! Lost 28 lbs in 9 weeks. Looked so good I got pregnant!!!! ( my husband said it was all my fault!!!) lol. So I'm back !! Baby is 18 months and although I lost 40 on my own, it took 9 long months and haven't lost a lb since September!!! So I came back. Week one was great although I'm a bit frustrated because I worked out 5 days this week I didn't add protein calories to eat to replace ones burnt off. So my total loss was only 5.4 lbs. I def left appointment a bit let down.

Please, anyone out there make this mistake?? Will I make up for it next week? I was told to lay off exercise during acute. Anyone else!?

Sorry so long ... Just would love the support and comments from
You all .

Also, drinking 128oz and more but still have chapped lips and dry mouth?????? I don't get it!

Thanks everyone!!!
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nurseingu
Stats: 234/205/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hi Mare!
Any loss is good. Our bodies react differently so don't let that get you down. My clinic told me to make sure I get in at least 500 protein calories/day. And on the days I do a heavy workout eat an extra snack. I love those Medi bars! I too started back on the program after gaining back 18 of the 38 lbs I lost. I found this site over the weekend. Love it! Hang in there. We can do this.
Karen
Nurseingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

..and as for the dry mouth. I find that the AS can cause dry mouth. I use a lip moisturizer. That really helps.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girl! It's not the easiest and truth be told I miss my wine but on the end will be so worth it. Looking forward to next week's appointment. Looking for bigger loss for sure!! I just got my period too a few days ago... I'm thinking that may also play a part in low number weight loss. We shall see. Thanks for the encouragement!!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4life2
Stats: 302/294/155
Start Date: January 10,2012
Good Luck!! Just finished Day1, Week 1!! So far so good and yes I have drank more than my share of water today!! I am more than 150 oz so far and I won't be going to be for a few hours yet! But so far so good!
lose4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Good luck!!! We can loose together!!!! Keep me posted!! I go on Tuesday's!!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennytang
Stats: 212/169/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Mare

Its so hard when you work your butt off sticking to the diet and working out -you just want those numbers to be higher! But, you know what a 5.4 pound piece of fat looks like, right? Keep that in mind. Congrats on your weight loss.

I go for my first weigh-in today at 10:30 so I am may be writing back to you this afternoon and you can give me back my own advice!!!

Hang in there and keep up the good work.

Jenny
jennytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

I can relate to missing the wine!!! My mouth is watering for moscato!! ) But it's worth the sacrifice. I went for my first week weigh in yesterday and was down 9.2 pounds. But I know the second week the loss will be a bit less. I constantly drink water and sigar free jello is my best friend! LOL. Everyone have a good day and hang in there...we can do this!!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

@ Jenny, Hope it all goes great for u and you have all big losses! Last time was 11 lbs so this 5.4 was a bit disheartening. But honestly my pants ARE a bit looser and I feel amazing. Good luck today!!

And @ nurse, I am all over the jello idea. Stocking up today. Also I am going to try Medi safe turkey bacon wrapped around whole water chestnuts. We up North call those "poor man scallops!". Lol.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

As long as you feel a difference in your clothing then you're fine! The thing with the turkey bacon and water chestnuts sound good!! I have to try that if I find some whole chestnuts here. Here in Virginia that's something you don't see too often.
Karen
Old 01-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennytang
Stats: 212/169/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 2012
Well I'm back from my weigh in and I am disappointed with a 6 pound loss. But, they were very encouraging at the clinic and I'm psyched up for week 2.

I actually weighed in a day early so it's really 6 pounds in 6 days. I guess that's pretty good. THey also thought I might not be drinking enough water. And, they are limiting me to only one serving of vegetables instead of two for my second week. At least it's something.

Anyway, thanks for listening!

Jenny
jennytang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Jenny I think 6 pounds is good. Just hang in there. You know Medi Weightloss guarantees weightloss so if you don't lose like you should you'ss get some type of refund.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Hi ladies, I just weighed in today after Week 1 and am down 12.8 pounds! Woohoo! Granted, I have a LOT to go, but it's always great to see that first big drop. Makes the pain of week 1 worth it!

I lost over 100 pounds 2 years ago on Medi but after being on bedrest during pregnancy with my son I have gained it all back & then son. Bleh. SUPER glad to be able to get back on program agan!

Congrats on all the week 1 losses!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

6 lbs is awesome but I totally know how you feel!!!! I'm very hesitant to start veggies. I am so afraid to fall out of ketosis !!!! Congrats Jessica!! I'm right behind you!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Congrats to everyone on the losses!!! Today I just don't feel as hungry as I usually do. Don't remember feeling like this when I was on the plan before. Just sat down to eat lunch and couldn't finish it. I just felt as if I wasn't hungry and basically didn't want it!! Don't get me wrong...I think it's a good thing. Just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this and is it something that will last or just something that comes and goes? Wish it would last!!!

Karen
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Truthfully I LOVE TO EAT!! I normally will finish my huge helpings even when full ..... But on Medi that does not happen. I eat beacause I HAVE TO. and that is a great feeling. I'll tell ya thought.... We have a four day weekend here starting very shortly... I am on a military base and all my neighbors party!!! House party after house party and they are all a blast. So much fun and no one has to drive. The ridiculous food spreads won't bother me a bit .... It's the OPEN BAR!!!! I am so not an alcoholic but that's the hard part!!! How do you play drinking games NOT DRINKING!!!!! Lol. Gonna be lonnnnnnnng weekend!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Good luck this weekend mare with the open bar. Think I would have trouble with that too. Try to stick with sugar free mixers like diet soda. That should help. Weekends are the most difficult for me. But I always think about having to repeat Week one if I overdo on the carbs. That usually helps me make wise choices.