Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Boneless skinless chicken breasts...what do you do with them? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/752741-boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts-what-do-you-do-them.html)

aim in Fla*working 01-07-2012 01:49 PM

Boneless skinless chicken breasts...what do you do with them?

Soo used to skin on LCing and not sure what to do with these...any suggestions...also...if you have any suggestions on how to prepare a tasy whole chicken please let me know:) I usually pout butter all over it and bake it...:sad: I am very pleased with this weightloss plan:) I have lost quit a bit in 4 weeks. I was 149 and this morning I am 134. I most definately to not want to screw up on a legal meal. Thank you!!

zogo 01-07-2012 01:58 PM

mmm I made some great chicken breasts this week. I had 6 frozen ch. breasts and put them in a crockpot. Topped them with a jar of salsa and let them cook most of the day. When they were fall-apart done, I kind of shredded them with a fork and stirred in an 8 oz block of cream cheese. Put some on a low carb tortilla with some cheese. It was really tasty.

aim in Fla*working 01-07-2012 03:08 PM

do you use LF stuff

zogo 01-07-2012 04:42 PM

Definitely not the low fat version of the cream cheese. As the chicken and salsa are very low fat, you will do well to have some fat with the meal.

Desert-Rose7 01-07-2012 05:36 PM

We have lots of great recipes, many involving chicken. Our recipe threads are all stickied at the top of the forum. Enjoy.

Jo

aim in Fla*working 01-07-2012 06:31 PM

thank you!

MiniMomma 01-29-2012 09:44 AM

I tried the Chili relanos recipe from the dinner recipes last week and it was really good. Even my hubs and son enjoyed. The roast with cream of mushroom soup was tasty too :)

Twisted Suze 02-01-2012 02:21 PM

I do eat chicken breasts, but not very often.

It gets boring too quickly...or maybe I'm just a natural beef lover.

Anyway, no offense meant but, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were starting a joke thread !
Kind of like, What are the different uses for fruitcake (doorstops).
:D

Sandinga80 02-01-2012 06:18 PM

For boneless skinless breasts, I love dry rubs....if you have a decent collection of spices in your cabinet, now's the time to get creative and start mixing things....I made a dry rub out of poultry seasoning (no msg), cumin, paprika, cinnamon, white pepper, black pepper, kosher salt and Splenda...it was awesomeness! Also someone else on here said they used the ranch dry mix, which I am going to try this week...just cover the chicken with foil or a pan if you are grilling to help keep it moist. Lemon and capers would be good too...also there are lots of great chicken recipes on pinterest :)

Also for the whole chicken...I typically do bone-in breasts but you can do this with whole chicken....I chop up a bunch of fresh rosemary and mix with fresh minced garlic, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and olive oil. I mix it together and put it under the skin, then rub the leftover oil onto the skin and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Then bake at 350 for 45 minutes..it looks and smells beautiful. Then I pull off the skin before eating...I just leave the skin on to help the chicken stay moist while cooking :) Lemon and thyme would be good as well!

Hope that helps!

Sandra

lindaincalifornia 02-03-2012 09:11 PM

is cream of mushroom ok to eat on this diet with chicken?
maybe put both in a crockpot? suggestions?