Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdulcelife
Stats: Start: 186lbs / Now: 177.6 / Goal: 140lbs
WOE: Weight-Loss Clinic
Start Date: December 28, 2011
Saving and Storing Recipes for easy access.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new at this (Starting week 2) but I am so thrilled that you guys have shared so many recipes with all of us. I am eager to try many of them. I am a bit of an organizational freak so I can access things in quick and easy way. Because of this, I've been looking for a way to save the recipes that I want to try or that I like without having to scroll through the recipe threads every time.

I am sure some of you have figured out a way to do this ... maybe copy/pasting into a word document? or something similar ... Anyhow, I wanted to share with you what I found and how easy and awesome it's been so I can save and access all of your recipes from any computer or smart phone.

I've been using Evernote. You can simply google Evernote and the website will pull up. Click on Get Evernote and download the application. Create an Evernote account (It's ABSOLUTELY FREE). Install the Evernote applet so you can copy paste things from your browsed and get them saved into your Evernote Notebook. You can organize your notebook any way you'd like. I created a big notebook called Medi-Recipes and as I copied the recipes I assigned tags to them (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Cool Tips, etc). I'm in love with it!

Below is a snapshot of what my Evernote looks like.

To the very left you will see my notebooks
Next are all of my notes (all of the recipes I've saved)
Next The recipe I've clicked (this one is the Oopsie Rolls by Robyn)

I copied the entire post from the bulletin board so that I can see ingredients, recipe and nutritional information. If you look right on top of the recipe you will see the tags I gave this recipe (Dessert, Side and Snacks).

One of the coolest things is that you can think of EVERNOTE as a Virtual Notebook. You can access your notebook as long as you have access to the internet.

If you are not too tech savvy that's okay. It's rather simple, after you install the applet to copy from your browser you simply select the text you want to copy as if you were copying any other text and click on the Evernote symbol (elephant) on your browser tool bar. Evernote will open with the text already copied and you can simply add tags. DONE!

*I have no connection or relationship with EVERNOTE. I am avid user of tech tools and web 2.0 tools to simplify my life. EVERNOTE was suggested to me via a Twitter friend*

Just thought I would share. Are any of you using something similar?
sweetdulcelife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Listen, I'll just tell you right now. If Evernote goes away, I'd just as soon roll up and die. My life would be gone!

Evernote keeps track of everything in my life....all my recipes (don't forget that you can copy/paste the photos as well, if they are provided), my tax records, my websites, my travel information, my investments....copies of any and every bit of important information....did I mention that Evernote can READ the words in a JPEG, which makes your photos searchable?

When I first heard of Evernote, I thought "Yeah, Yeah, the 'greatest thing in the world' comes along at least once every day....this will be no different"....but believe me - it's DIFFERENT!

Any of you who are floundering with how to keep your life organized...give Evernote a try. It IS free, though I do have a paid account which gives me a bit more upload room. But believe, me, I don't pay for it because I NEED to pay for it, but because I NEED for Evernote to be around forever! I want to do my part to keep them in business :-)

BTW, your Evernote account fits neatly on your computer, your tablet, your phone, anything where you can get a download, you can keep your Evernote.

Have I convinced you yet? GET it!

Last edited by gharkness; 01-05-2012 at 02:41 PM..
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
Listen, I'll just tell you right now. If Evernote goes away, I'd just as soon roll up and die. My life would be gone!

Evernote keeps track of everything in my life....all my recipes (don't forget that you can copy/paste the photos as well, if they are provided), my tax records, my websites, my travel information, my investments....copies of any and every bit of important information....did I mention that Evernote can READ the words in a JPEG, which makes your photos searchable?

When I first heard of Evernote, I thought "Yeah, Yeah, the 'greatest thing in the world' comes along at least once every day....this will be no different"....but believe me - it's DIFFERENT!

Any of you who are floundering with how to keep your life organized...give Evernote a try. It IS free, though I do have a paid account which gives me a bit more upload room. But believe, me, I don't pay for it because I NEED to pay for it, but because I NEED for Evernote to be around forever! I want to do my part to keep them in business :-)

BTW, your Evernote account fits neatly on your computer, your tablet, your phone, anything where you can get a download, you can keep your Evernote.

Ha ha! Yeah ... it's an awesome tool and I thought for this was simply GREAT! I've used something similar with my students before but I am thinking of transferring everything here
Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
I even keep things like a copy of the barcode from my library card...that way, if I forget my card, I can just pull it up, hold it under the barcode reader....and I'm in! I could probably write a book on all the things Evernote does for me!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I even keep things like a copy of the barcode from my library card...that way, if I forget my card, I can just pull it up, hold it under the barcode reader....and I'm in! I could probably write a book on all the things Evernote does for me!
WOW I LOVE IT! You are a true FAN!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13
Quote:

OMG - Evernote is awesome. Once I went to emergency by myself and couldn't remember my meds. Well, while I was recuperating, I added all meds and keep up with date increased or decreased.

I put everything on Evernote.
Bre94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SnotSucker
Stats: 183/174/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/11/11
Interesting...I am gonna have to try this out! Thanks...
SnotSucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

ok, I'm going to log on there now and check it out..thanks so much!
lindaincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
Thank you! Going to check it out now!
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
Love the evernote. Thanks!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

I'm so glad it was useful for you guys. I am sooo in love with it and I feel quite organized!