Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fd1019
Stats: 5'8" 165.6/151.8/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/28/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdulcelife View Post
I AM SO EXCITED TO BE FINISHED WITH WEEK 1. WOO HOO! Went for my weigh in today and I am down 8 lbs. I am very happy about that.

Now, what I am really thrilled about is the fact that I get to have fruits and veggies! YUMMY! I've been dreaming of vegetable medley, mushrooms, raspberries, etc. I am in heaven!
Congrats sweetdulcelife! It's a great feeling! I had my first veggies today and they were delicious! I didn't even season them or anything... They were just naturally yummy. I weighed in today and had lost 10.2 lbs! Wow! DH lost almost 12 lbs! I feel like those numbers are both really high especially since we were both only looking to lose about 30 lbs... We are 1/3 there! lol

Also, I met up with a friend at lunch today and a friend at dinner. Both meals were eaten at restaurants. Had grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies at lunch and a 1/2 salmon fillet and steamed broccoli for dinner! No problem!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdulcelife
Stats: Start: 186lbs / Now: 177.6 / Goal: 140lbs
WOE: Weight-Loss Clinic
Start Date: December 28, 2011
FD1O19

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby! WOW! You guys did great! Tonight I had beef and vegetables stir fry (no sauce just a bit of garlic) and it was delicious. I love broccoli, peppers and onions ;-)
Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Happy and healthy first week of the New Year to everyone!!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Hello all! This has been SUCH a busy season...holiday wise and work wise. I had a two day family vacation, a two day christmas holiday and new years eve/day to contend with. I did not go to the medi clinic for 2 weeks and 3 days...partly beyond my control, but partly a decision to stay somewhat on track...I panic if I think I won't show a loss and actually do better if I give myself extra time. WONT work for everyone, so this is not advice!

Sooooo, even thought its been 2 wks, 3 days and lots of holiday time, I managed to lose 3.9 pounds and over 3 of that was FAT! So I am very happy and now only 8.6 pounds from my "maintenance" goal.

I hope to lose 5 or more pounds after that but for "realistic" and financial reasons I set my goal at 150 pounds. I can see only NOW that I have more to lose...sadly, I haven't been 158 pounds in 20 years so I am only now realizing that you can get small enough to actually see the pounds that are EXTRA.

But I am hoping that being on maintenance and upping my exercise I will find a way to lose more while toning this poor once-abused body. Sorry I havent been around to post much recently. Very busy times, but so glad to have a place to come and be accountable and know that you will be happy for me and hopefully be encouraged as well!

My clinic is so-so...its the program that works!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXGRLY09
Stats: 155/139/115 (5'2")
Start Date: Orig. 6/19/09 Restart 12/29/11
Hello Again...Got to 122lbs from 155 in 6 months and kept it off for a year and in 2011 my weight slowly crept back up to 141 so I'm back and finished week 1 now down to 139...learn from my mistakes newbies...so much harder to do this the 2nd time.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DiniRN
Stats: 236.2/222.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 12/16/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post

Sooooo, even thought its been 2 wks, 3 days and lots of holiday time, I managed to lose 3.9 pounds and over 3 of that was FAT! So I am very happy and now only 8.6 pounds from my "maintenance" goal.
That's great! I'm jealous you're so close! I started week 4 today, today's weigh in I was down 2.9lbs for a total of 13.7. Lots of people lose more than that in the beginning, but this is the second time I've lost weight, first time by South Beach Diet, and the second time around is much harder. But I'm pretty happy with my results so far, and I'm retaining some water because I have had to weigh in the last 2 times after working 13 hours...but when I weigh myself when I get up I'm consistently 1.5-2lbs less than when I weigh in after work.

I'm still having mood swings, especially when I'm hungry or others are eating something like pasta or bread, I thought this would be over by now..anyone else having this issue??
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Hello LCF!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am in Week 2 so I've been happily eating veggies! I had a friend come to visit me this weekend and she wanted to do lots of shopping and eating out... Somehow I managed to go to three restaurants and make due... I think.

1) Breakfast place-- Luckily I was able to get an egg white omelet with some veggies in it. I also had a side of fruit and ate just a few of the apple slices.
2) Mexican restaurant-- Chicken fajita salad with no sour cream, cheese, or guac... Though I did end up adding one wedge of light laughing cow cheese and a lil bit of guac.
3) Pei Wei Asian Bistro-- I had never been here actually, so I had to make my best guess as to what to get. I told the cashier about my diet and she suggested I order ginger chicken and broccoli, so I did. I ate most of it and tried to blot off all of the excess sauce on an extra plate and napkin. After I got home and researched, I found out the full dish is 34 g carbs. Uh oh! However, I left behind a pool of sauce on my plate, so I am hoping that the "34 g carbs" is referring to all of the sauce I didn't eat! I guess we'll find out if I'm still in ketosis in the morning... Eek! I'm definitely worried. :/

So what do you guys think of my eating over the weekend? This was over two days... It's so easy to eat right at home with the hubby, but this definitely proved a little more challenging.

Have a great week all!

fd1019
Old 01-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ckmom15
Stats: 163/163/135
WOE: mwl
Start Date: april 12, 2011
hi again LCF

I am back again after slacking off and letting my weight creep back on. today was day 1 of week 1. My starting weight is 163.8 this time. I'm hoping to get to 135 by April. We'll see how it goes! It's so awesome knowing I have such an amazing support system here. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to afford the clinic this time aroundbc Dh got laid off right before Christmas. So I will have to use what I learned last go around and work rly hard, but I'm so ready!

New year, new me!!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

fd1019....here is my best tip. I keep Maple farms sugar free Raspberry Vinaigrette on hand at home. TWO tablespoons is only FIVE calories and ONE carb and I love it. I take a tiny jar of the stuff with me if I know I am going to be eating out.

Then I spent some time googling restaurants and believe me you want to do this ahead of time. Olive Garden salads have LOTS of carbs for example....Panera's not so much. Calories are all over the map too.

Sooooo, have a list of places with good salads, you won't always have the breakdown on calories and carbs but I do the best I can. At a local restaurant I will ask to leave off the croutons, nuts, etc but with my very low cal dressing in my purse, I can usually add some gorgonzola or blue cheese sprinkles, grilled chicken or shrimp etc...

This way, when I am out with family or friends, I have a big salad to enjoy, that takes me awhile to eat and I don't feel deprived at all. I will also splurge on a diet coke with lots of refills....normally I drink so much water I save the diet cokes for eating out.

My favorite restaurants for salads are Moe's southwest grill salad and paneras. But I have two local places that have great ones too. Ruby Tuesdays has a creole fish and you can add two sides of grilled vegt for a total of 280 calories. Good luck and hang in there!

The key is the dressing IMHO....give it a try!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mzthang581
Stats: 206.4/183.6/160
Start Date: November 14,2011
My next weigh in will be 2 months since starting medi and I am already down 22.2 pounds! I am hoping to hit my goal of 25 pounds lost by next week so I really have to stay on track!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
fd1019....here is my best tip. I keep Maple farms sugar free Raspberry Vinaigrette on hand at home. TWO tablespoons is only FIVE calories and ONE carb and I love it. I take a tiny jar of the stuff with me if I know I am going to be eating out.

Then I spent some time googling restaurants and believe me you want to do this ahead of time. Olive Garden salads have LOTS of carbs for example....Panera's not so much. Calories are all over the map too.

Sooooo, have a list of places with good salads, you won't always have the breakdown on calories and carbs but I do the best I can. At a local restaurant I will ask to leave off the croutons, nuts, etc but with my very low cal dressing in my purse, I can usually add some gorgonzola or blue cheese sprinkles, grilled chicken or shrimp etc...

This way, when I am out with family or friends, I have a big salad to enjoy, that takes me awhile to eat and I don't feel deprived at all. I will also splurge on a diet coke with lots of refills....normally I drink so much water I save the diet cokes for eating out.

My favorite restaurants for salads are Moe's southwest grill salad and paneras. But I have two local places that have great ones too. Ruby Tuesdays has a creole fish and you can add two sides of grilled vegt for a total of 280 calories. Good luck and hang in there!

The key is the dressing IMHO....give it a try!
Thanks Maramom. I really don't like to eat out all the time, but my friend wanted to and I didn't want to say no. Thanks for the tips... I will definitely use those when I have an unavoidable eating out situation. I checked my ketone level today and still in the moderate zone! Yay! My weight went up about 0.8 lbs but I'm guessing it's from all the sodium, etc. (Got in a bad habit of weighing myself daily! lol). I'm just gonna make sure to drink plenty of water until my next official weigh in (Wednes) to flush all the sodium out. I'm almost to week 3!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
I went to the client on Saturday and I'm very proud to report that I lost 8.2 pounds my first week.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marsizemore
Stats: 223/161/155
WOE: I've tried South Beach. Newbie to Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: December 2011
Hello, everybody. Desert Rose, thank you very much for starting this thread. I'm happy to have found this forum as I started on MWL recently as well, and getting / giving advice with others on the same journey is awesome!

I took the leap on 12/29, just before New Years, and I'm very happy to say that I lost a whopping 9.8 lbs on my first week! I'm excited that I have finally found a program that will work. I'm looking forward to my next weigh in on Thursday.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Great to see some good losses this past week...and so soon after the holidays. Today my weigh in was only 1.6 pounds, but all of that was fat so I will be a good girl and humbly be thankful. Could have done better this week calorie wise.

7 pounds from my medi-maintenance goal. Want to see how I maintain there, increase my exercising etc before deciding to go lower. Ideally would love to be 139 to 146 pounds...for weird reasons. 139 cause I'd be in the ONETHIRTIES and 146 cause at one time, sadly, I weighed 246 pounds and I want to beat the mantra "One HUNDRED pounds gone" into my brain til it sticks!

Have a good week everyone. BTW, my clinic is moving from RIGHT NEXT DOOR to my work in 2 or 3 weeks to a 10 minute drive one way. Still not bad but I am so spoiled running over to get my mid week shot, walking across the sidewalk to work etc. Hopefully I can motivate myself to be really strict these next few weeks so I won't have to do weekly drive for long. Ok....ta ta for now!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4life2
Stats: 302/294/155
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: January 10,2012
Went to my very first appointment today!! WEek 1, Day 1 tomorrow!! Love this forum!! So glad I found it!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JSal88
Has anyone had Cottage Cheese on week one? I know it varies by clinic...but I am interested in what other peoples experiences are. =) Thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSal88 View Post
Has anyone had Cottage Cheese on week one? I know it varies by clinic...but I am interested in what other peoples experiences are. =) Thanks!
Yes, I had lots of cottage cheese week 1 (and still do!). Love it!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
I lost 2 this week for a total of 39! I hope to reach the big 4-0 next week!!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JSal88
Congrats!!! that is AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Kudos

Congratulations to all of you losing! It is so worth the effort and committment. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY, that it does get easier over time. February 3rd will mark my 1 year anniversary of my low carb lifestyle. I never thought it would be possible for me to become a low carb way of eating person; however, I proved myself wrong and contiune to adhere to feeding my body foods that fuel it. For those of you new to this board, I highly recommend that you READ, READ, READ these older threads. They are jammed packed with valuable information. This is a very exciting journey, your body will change in ways that you will find it hard to believe that is you looking back in the mirror. This way of eating, gives you the power to change. If you really want it, you can do it!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Swirve!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Just finished Week 2!

Ok LCF!

Week 2 weigh in has me down another 2.4 lbs for a total of 12.6 lbs! I was starting to get greedy and hoped for more of course, but I told myself I would be happy with 2 lbs since (A) the weight loss slows down to 2-3 lbs after week one, and (B) I lost over 10 lbs the first week! So I'm happy with my numbers! Hubby is down another 2 lbs for a total of 14.8 lbs! Yay us! He is about halfway to his goal of 30 lbs. Both of our BF% is down, water up, and muscle up. So everything is looking good! Excited to eat some almonds this week! Haha!

fd1019
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Congratulations to all of you losing! It is so worth the effort and committment. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY, that it does get easier over time. February 3rd will mark my 1 year anniversary of my low carb lifestyle. I never thought it would be possible for me to become a low carb way of eating person; however, I proved myself wrong and contiune to adhere to feeding my body foods that fuel it. For those of you new to this board, I highly recommend that you READ, READ, READ these older threads. They are jammed packed with valuable information. This is a very exciting journey, your body will change in ways that you will find it hard to believe that is you looking back in the mirror. This way of eating, gives you the power to change. If you really want it, you can do it!
Great post!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hello everyone,

It has been a little while. It was a super busy season. I am glad to see the losses and great posts in this new year. Tomorrow is my one year anniversary with the program. I am excited and hope to go for a weigh in. If not tomorrow, soon. My weight has been maintaining at around 130, which is great for me. I got to skinny at 125. But, it was the I lost 101 pounds and finally made it to the goal that I have struggled for years and years to reach. I personally would like to maintain around 127. But, my hubby is complaining that I am to skinny at that weight. He actually likes it when I weigh about 135. I am trying to find a happy medium for both of us. He has never liked thin women. He also tells me he wants me to be happy with myself and he will be happy. However, it is a very uncomfortable feeling when your husband doesn't seem to be attracted to you. So, if I can maintain 130 pounds I will happy. Besides I still fit in my size 3 jeans there. And, I have to admit I think I did get to skinny at 125. I could see my ribs and not only was my hubby telling me I was to skinny so was a lot of other people. I also think I looked a lot older than I am. Although, that could be from all the flabby skin from losing the weight so fast. I am happy to report that my skin is firming up and I am feeling great.

My advice to you all is find a weight that you are happy with yourself at. Good luck to everyone on this fantastic journey. I hope to be on more now that the New year has came around.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
Start Date: August 30 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Hello everyone,

It has been a little while. It was a super busy season. I am glad to see the losses and great posts in this new year. Tomorrow is my one year anniversary with the program. I am excited and hope to go for a weigh in. If not tomorrow, soon. My weight has been maintaining at around 130, which is great for me. I got to skinny at 125. But, it was the I lost 101 pounds and finally made it to the goal that I have struggled for years and years to reach. I personally would like to maintain around 127. But, my hubby is complaining that I am to skinny at that weight. He actually likes it when I weigh about 135. I am trying to find a happy medium for both of us. He has never liked thin women. He also tells me he wants me to be happy with myself and he will be happy. However, it is a very uncomfortable feeling when your husband doesn't seem to be attracted to you. So, if I can maintain 130 pounds I will happy. Besides I still fit in my size 3 jeans there. And, I have to admit I think I did get to skinny at 125. I could see my ribs and not only was my hubby telling me I was to skinny so was a lot of other people. I also think I looked a lot older than I am. Although, that could be from all the flabby skin from losing the weight so fast. I am happy to report that my skin is firming up and I am feeling great.

My advice to you all is find a weight that you are happy with yourself at. Good luck to everyone on this fantastic journey. I hope to be on more now that the New year has came around.
OMG yes to now looking older!!!!! My clinic also does Botox and Rejuvederm etc so when I brought up to the Dr at my appt my saggy face skin, she said to hold off on treatments, at 6-8 months I should she a marked improvement in elasticity. Hmmm, we shall see.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Hi everyone, just had my week 1 weigh in and am down 12.8 pounds! Woohoo! I am already seeing my baby-belly beginning to shrink back down.. good thing since my son is 6 months old already!

I was on bedrest during pregnancy and gained a TON. Never had morning sickness with my son, was just HUNGRY the whole time. Add that to not being able to move other than trips to the bathroom & to the Dr and I regained all the weight I lost on Medi in 2009

BUT, I'm super excited to be mobile again and to be back into the program!! This WOE is great, and it DOES work! I have a long way to go (again) but I'm so excited to feel in control of my eating

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSal88 View Post
I eat cottage cheese (2% milk) everyday. 90 cals. 4 oz. plus one boiled egg sometimes or turkey sausage.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chanlynn42
Stats: 212/212/160
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdulcelife View Post
Like FIT2010 said, the Newbie thread has some awesome advise. I've been going through it during the past week. If I saw tips or things or recipes I liked I took a screen shot of it and saved it on a folder on my computer. I'm not done yet since there is a lot of useful information.

I will finish week 1 on Wed. and by now I am a bit tired of protein and having to get creative about how to season it and what to eat so I don't detest it. Having said that something that has helped me tremendously is looking over the Medi Friendly recipes and imagining what I am going to be able to eat soon. At this time, I am super excited to add fruits and veggies next week. If you knew me you would have never guessed I am looking forward to VEGETABLES. Me? Vegetables? not much LOL but now Oh My Goodness I've been craving them like there is no tomorrow.

Hang in there. You'll do great. I've found awesome helpful and supportive people within the Medi Weightloss Thread.

What clinic will you be going to? I'm in FL too.
Sweetdulcelife:
I am going to the Lake Mary Clinic
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I went to MWL yest for a restart....I'm at the end of day 1....successful and tired. =)
Old 01-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
WTG Deb
Closed Thread