Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   ? regarding appetite suppressants and hunger (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/751578-regarding-appetite-suppressants-hunger.html)

aim in Fla*working 12-29-2011 07:06 PM

? regarding appetite suppressants and hunger

I was really hungry today and I am not sure why. Been on Medi with appetite suppressants and I have not been hungry at all. Forcing myself to eat my required amounts. Today, took AS as usual and i think I could have eaten pain off the wall. NO idea why but i was really hungry. I ate more than my calories allowed by about 200. It was all low fat protein but still...anyone else have this occur? Right out of the blue too...:dunno:

aim in Fla*working 12-29-2011 09:24 PM

no one?

hyonlyf 12-30-2011 08:24 AM

Not sure why, some days are just like that, where I literally have hunger PAINS, churning, growling stomach.

As for the AS, if you are taking it daily, you will build up a resistance, the medication won't work as effectively, but I think that takes a couple months of daily use.

Just try to get a little exercise in to counter that indulgence, it happens :-) No big deal, just keep on.

aim in Fla*working 12-30-2011 09:05 AM

you know..I think it was the excersice that made me hungrier. I played golf yesterday and I was really hungry all day after. I am up a pound from water weight as I ate alot of raw fish and that makes me retain. I split the tablet and take 1/2 in the am and 1/2 about 4 and I am good all night. Yesterday I took 1/2 at 9 and another 1/2 at 1 and I was hungrier. Hmm...i dunno. I will keep on keeping on because I am VERY pleased with my loss. Ihave been on this diet for 2 weeks so I don't think I am already resistant to meds. Iwill take my first 1/2 now and see. However, I never have stuck with a diet so well as this. I am gong to continue:)

hyonlyf 12-30-2011 09:21 AM

It DOES work! Keep it up!

aim in Fla*working 12-30-2011 11:46 AM

I am:) Thank you for your response. I see you hit goal:) Wonderful! How is maintenance? will i ever get butter again? LOL

hyonlyf 12-30-2011 12:08 PM

OMG yes to butter!! And to be quite honest, towards the end, I ate a little butter, esp when cooking eggs or anything that required non-stick.

Maintainance is scary!!! LOL I am OKed to eat 1000 caolries but I still can't bring myself to do it consistantly. I weigh in again next week and so far so good on my home scale.

aim in Fla*working 12-30-2011 12:25 PM

good for YOU! I just have about 10-15 more to go...I lost 10 in a week wish I could lose the other 10 in 2:)

Twisted Suze 12-30-2011 05:11 PM

Raw fish ?
Sushi or ceviche ?

I've had ceviche only once but it was made right and I loved it.
Don't care for the sushi much.

You hang in there !
The last lbs. can be the most stubborn !

aim in Fla*working 12-30-2011 05:51 PM

Sashimi...it was so delish! I had ahi seared with sesame seeds the night before. I eat a lot of fish ...glad I am allowed:) I am hanging in:) I am taking this all the way and then I promised i would spend a year on maintenance and go monthly. Believe me..I am in for the long haul!

Kierwin 01-04-2012 09:04 AM

Stay Slim

I'm into Day 2 of Medi and starving. I'm not able to take the RX appetite suppressant and have to take Stay Slim instead. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to succeed without the RX AS? Thank you!

jbjb93 01-05-2012 04:06 AM

Talk to your clinic. I can't remember what week I was in, but I had the same thing at the same time of day for several days. So they had me up my RX to 2 in the am and still the 1 in the pm. It worked!
Now I have days where I'm not really hungry at all, so on those days I take just the 1 in the am (and sometimes skip the pm). I have skipped the pm if I don't take it by 3:00 or so as I found it kept me up at night.
Hope this helps!

Wease 05-19-2012 03:02 PM

Medi Weight Loss with no Rx Suppressant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kierwin (Post 15296644)
I'm into Day 2 of Medi and starving. I'm not able to take the RX appetite suppressant and have to take Stay Slim instead. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to succeed without the RX AS? Thank you!

Did anyone answer Kierwin? I have the same question. Thanks!!

aim in Fla*working 05-20-2012 08:23 AM

so the stay slim does not work?

Wease 05-20-2012 08:34 AM

Stay Slim

Can't say for sure yet...only second day on it. I have used Mega-T Green Tea w/ Hoodia from Walmart / grocery store / CVS in the past. I know that makes a big difference.

What I'm really wondering is if there's no AS provided by Medi, is there really a point paying all the $$ to be told to (basically) follow any one of several very low carb / high protein plans out there and take 'supplements' I can get at Vitamin Shoppe and Walmart?

Thoughts????

nhrakat 05-21-2012 06:54 PM

So AIM did the AS start working for you again, or did splitting it up do the trick, its my 12th day on them and its not working like it was :sad:

bre1972 05-21-2012 07:32 PM

glad to know I am not the only one who after only a couple weeks feel like the AS are not as effective as they were the first week. I have tried the OTC ones like mega green tea and they had absolutely no effect on me.

tm501 06-04-2012 01:05 PM

I am on the phendimetrazine that they prescribed me. 1 3x a day and it still seems to be working. The weekly price is killing me though so I went to my own doctor and she prescribed it for me. A full months supply for $20. Big difference from the 70 per week with medi