Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandinga80
Stats: 185/154/105
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2011
No change on the scale?

Hi everyone!
I am in the middle of my third week of Medi...so far I've lost 12 pounds (yay!) but for some reason, I'm not losing anything this week. I havent cheated or gone off the diet at all, been drinking all the water... I've exercised some, but probably not as much as I should ....has anyone else experienced this, or do I just need to stop being lazy and start hitting the gym more?

Thank you in advance and I love reading all of your stories and advice...you all are inspirational!

Happy holidays,
Sanrdra

P.S. I just took the ketosis test and it looks like i'm falling out of ketosis...not sure what i did to do this since I didnt go off the diet, I'd appreciate any advice, thanks!

Last edited by Sandinga80; 12-22-2011 at 07:28 PM..
Sandinga80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
It looks like you were testing for ketosis at night (based on the time on your post). You should test first thing in the morning.

Don't worry about what the scale shows in the middle of the week. I know it's tempting, and I know when you've been seeing frequent losses, it's motivating. But I often go several days without a change and then a loss shows up near or at the end of the week. If weighing at home is discouraging, don't do it. If you're following everything properly, you're going to lose!

One more thing about ketosis -- some people never get a positive reading on the test strips. Don't let that freak you out either. But, DEFINITELY only test first thing in the morning.
Abdomen -15.5
Hips -10
Michelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandinga80
Stats: 185/154/105
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
It looks like you were testing for ketosis at night (based on the time on your post). You should test first thing in the morning.

Don't worry about what the scale shows in the middle of the week. I know it's tempting, and I know when you've been seeing frequent losses, it's motivating. But I often go several days without a change and then a loss shows up near or at the end of the week. If weighing at home is discouraging, don't do it. If you're following everything properly, you're going to lose!

One more thing about ketosis -- some people never get a positive reading on the test strips. Don't let that freak you out either. But, DEFINITELY only test first thing in the morning.
Thank you for your response! I actually was told by my counselor to do the ketosis test at night, because in the morning I wake up very dehydrated and the tests were always reading purple...and you're so right! The first two weeks I was losing everyday and it was soooo exciting...but it's kinda getting me down not seeing it anymore I was worried that maybe consuming the carbs from the veggies was keeping me from losing weight...
Sandinga80 is offline   Reply With Quote