Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   new to Medi:) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/749898-new-medi.html)

aim in Fla*working 12-19-2011 01:30 PM

new to Medi:)

fist week is 500 cals...all protein. i have an appetite supressant and 2 shots today and fat burners and colon cleanse. I am nervous becaues I had my thyroid out and although fully medicated..i fear this wont work. But... I am sticking to it. Habing high fat and low carb was nice but i could not stick with it...low fat and low carb will be difficuly without the AS at first I am sure. what can I expect? Any help for a newbie?

aim in Fla*working 12-19-2011 04:19 PM

33 peeps and no comment?

Afer0841 12-19-2011 08:57 PM

I also am on thryoid medication. I still have my thryoid but it is basically non functioing. I have lost ovet 70 pounds so it isnt impossible! :)

Afer0841 12-19-2011 08:59 PM

Wops i lied only 69.5 lbs :p

AmandaCriv 12-19-2011 09:02 PM

I am just in my second week but I can tell you the appitite suppresant really helps! After the third day it got alot easier... I actually find myself not eating enough calories. The hardest part I am having is finding something I can make quickly for breakfast because I usually run out of time in the mornings.

Afer0841 12-19-2011 09:05 PM

I eat eas carb control protein shakes. Im on the road all day between being a full time student in clinicals 40 hrs a week and working 20plus hours a week. So i always have to grab breakfast and gooooo!

AmandaCriv 12-19-2011 09:35 PM

Thank you, I need to get somethis week :)

aim in Fla*working 12-20-2011 06:49 AM

hey guys! Thanks for popping in! I am down 3.5 pounds over night...I was not hungry at all. the appetite suppressant made all the difference and I only took 1/2. After...how long did it take to lose that...that is amazing!

Afer0841 12-20-2011 10:51 AM

A little over 4 months. I havent taken the appetite surpesent in over 2 months, i honestly didnt notice a difference from being on it and not being on it.

aim in Fla*working 12-20-2011 12:37 PM

wow... i sure do. Huge difference. I am sure when you have a couple of day of ketosis you are good without the suppressant

aim in Fla*working 12-20-2011 12:51 PM

took 1/2 a tablet this morning and then got hungry around 2 so took the other half.. I am really motivated to eat less than 500 cals a day:) I cannot wait until weigh day!

mpellerin 12-20-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aim in Fla*working (Post 15262863)
took 1/2 a tablet this morning and then got hungry around 2 so took the other half.. I am really motivated to eat less than 500 cals a day:) I cannot wait until weigh day!

aim--Please speak with your councilor about eating less than 500 calories. I am almost at the end of week 7 and in the first 3 weeks I struggled to get to 500 calories but my clinic STRESSED the importance of 500 calories or a little more of protein every day, saying it was better to go over than under. They said your body goes into 'starvation' mode so the metabolism slows down thinking it won't get more. They said I would have lost more than I did had I reached 500.

The way I manage now to reach 500 if I'm not really hungry and need to add a few calories is greek yogurt, 0% fat (which I find tastes awful on its own) with a little Berry Pomegranate MiO liquid water enhancer stirred in. Delicious! I've also done this with a fruit flavored Crystal Lite (Cherry??). Now I can always get over the 500.

My stats: So far I lost 16.8 in 6 weeks, 13.6 of which is fat, which is low compared to many, but I am thrilled. I'm female, 55 years old, also have thyroid problems and take levothyroxine every day. Started at 153 and now am down to 136. I never thought I would be able to do this, and I don't find it hard to stick to the plan at all, even with dining out a couple of times and one Christmas gathering with lots of my (old) favorite foods. I was able to pass those up and eat the 'right' things. I never got out of ketosis.

Good luck, it has a remarkable journey for me, hope it is for you, too.

mpellerin

aim in Fla*working 12-21-2011 07:30 AM

mpellerin
thank you so much for your input! i value it highly! Last night i ate more steak and was at 610 cals. I meant it seems difficult to get the cals in. I am on appetite suppressant and fat burners and they seem to really do the trick. I do eat 500 cals a day...slightly more actually. But I was eating 3000 plus on an attempt to do low carbing and would easilty eat a 12 oz steak and veggies and then consume about a cup of heavy whipping cream. then the next day wat a pizza...i could not get my hunger under control and I knew I could not do this without a doctor;s support with appetite suppressants. I did not know how to eat smaller portions and I am learning that cals do matter for me. With low carb and even zero carb, i was unable to stick with it out of food boredom and cravings. I have been in ketosis all week (this is my week 1) and the meds make me deel more in control than i did without them. They have provied some self control I have not had in the recent past that I used to have when I started low carbing. When I started low carbing in 2001 I got to 125 and I felt great. Stayed there for 6 years and I was never above 130. Met my BF who is a carboholic and started giving in. then the carb addiction reared its ugly head and I sprialed out of control. i never got how people wouln't stick with low carbing till I was 150. Then, I think depression sabotabed my weight loss attempts. I felt like I would never get to 125 again and so every third or 4th day I would say, oh I willhave some piza and ice cream...totaly carb out and then start tomorrow. This was the cycle. tomorrow can and went leaving me feeling worse. I still smoke and want to quit New Years day but I had quit in 2008 and gained 20 lbs. Started smoking again a year later and was fat and smoking. Now, I want to quit due to my recent pnemonia in the hospital after my thyroidectomy on Nov. 16th. I feel I can do it with Medi and lose still. can't wait. Monday I went in at 150 and today..WED...2 days later I am 141.5. I know it is water weight but i will take it. I have not been able to get the water weight under control since my thryoid was out. I partially think it is due to when I was my lightest I was drinking ( I mean religiously) 120oz of water a day...after my surgery...I barely drank 60oz. Thank and when I lost weight in 2001 I went from 147 to 125. Weight dropped off from stress and going out alot and not eating but drinking. i would grab a few oz's of cheese and then meet my friends for a few beers. I did not buy groceries except cheese and beer and eggs. Ex hubbie was a gourmet cooka nd the foods he made were amazing. So that was a huge change in life. When I was heavy before the 2001 loss..I had a goiter radiated and was gaining almost 10 lbs a week. I went from 120 to 147 in about 4 weeks..then I got medicated and no change...did research on carbs and thryoid and realized thrypoid issues cause people to not metabolize carbs from starches as well. So I cut the ALL out. Basically zero carb and beer. My fibromyalgia went away and I felt amazing. however, I never really learned how to eat...did not do Atkins rungs ...just went from eating whatever I want to zero carbs again to get the weight off...Now, i think I get portions much better and Ihave 0 carb cravings on the meds. I know once I am in ketosis for weeks I can stave off the carb addiction. Plus, medi has a maintenece program that I think I will never leave...I had no support the first time I went through this...Now I do. Sorry for this long post. I think I typed it more for me than you:) Anyway...Monday I was 150. Today I was 141.5

mpellerin 12-21-2011 05:17 PM

Glad to hear you aren't trying to stay under 500, and congrats!! You're off to a great start! This program WORKS, I've seen the results with 2 family members who started before me. My true test will be in keeping the weight off later.

Mpellerin

aim in Fla*working 12-22-2011 08:34 PM

well today I had 700 cals! I went to dinner and had a filet steak and it was a 9oz and i thought it was a 7 oz. Then I had a miller light. I lost 7 pounds gained one back this morning and that means 6 so far. Went and got a shot and I had some energy because i was crashing from these few carbs and cals and now I have a sore throat and mom got me some antibiotics so I am unsure what that will do to my ketosis.:dunno:

aim in Fla*working 12-24-2011 08:42 AM

Officially 10 lbs lighter! in one week.

Afer0841 12-24-2011 08:17 PM

Great job!

aim in Fla*working 12-27-2011 04:44 PM

Okay so today was week 1 to a close. I lost ...according to the Tanita scale...6 lbs of fat and 0 loss of muscle. Doc was blown away. Apparently that is atypical???
I am celebrating with some sashimi and seaweed.
tomorrow begins week 2 and I am going to stick to my guns because I want a 10 lb loss in 2 weeks!I am thinking...I was perfect all week except I ate Daddy's homemade corn bread dressing and I am SURE that was probably the worst thing I could eat besides a ton of donuts.
Anyway, here I go to week 2:D
YAY me!

mpellerin 12-27-2011 05:08 PM

Awesome! Keep that up and you'll be in maintenance in no time.
mpellerin

aim in Fla*working 12-29-2011 08:02 PM

137 today!!!!! However, I am sooooooo hungry today. Even with the appetite suppressant. Not sure why? Stayed on plan but ate a little more than usual. I had stomach hunger even after the pill:(

aim in Fla*working 12-30-2011 06:52 PM

well up a pound today to 138. I ate alot of raw fish and soy so i am not really surprised. I am surprised how hungry I was today though:(

aim in Fla*working 12-31-2011 07:19 AM

136 today.
:lol:I am 8 pounds from goal!

aim in Fla*working 12-31-2011 11:46 AM

I have noticed just how much my BF Bryan eats. I cannot believe I used to go toe to toe with that..Medi has taught me so much about real hunger and 'mouth hunger' or craving. I do not need to EVER eat 3000 calories a day LMAO! I used to drink cream out of the carton and usually that was another 200 plus cals a day. It has been an interesting journey for me:)

MiniMomma 12-31-2011 05:07 PM

i have my first appointment coming up on the 9th, I am really excited after reading your posts and some others.. a little nervious after being a carb counter and not calorie counter for so long... but really need a LC type plan where I have to go check in.. Need some accountablity other than my own scale :) Alot of Central Florida peeps here ... woo! :weigh:

aim in Fla*working 01-01-2012 01:07 AM

hi MiniMomma! It has been the best weightloss program ever for me. THE only thing that works for me. However, having said that...I blew the diet for the first time in 14 days. I had mexican chips and salsa and quacomole and then 2 pieces of fudge. I think the AS wore off...I was drinking on New Years Eve and my resolve wore off. I am upset with myself but I realize I cannot drink and stick with this diet at this time. So, until I hit goal, no beer. Period. I am full force right now and ready to stick with this!

aim in Fla*working 01-01-2012 02:54 PM

137:(

MiniMomma 01-01-2012 04:26 PM

Just get back on the wagon! Will be joining you next week. :-)

aim in Fla*working 01-01-2012 05:56 PM

good for you! Best diet with the quickest results bar none. And i only gained a pound and I think it was just water weight:) I am on the wagon all day and am loking forward to goal of 125:)

aim in Fla*working 01-02-2012 08:42 AM

137 today and back at work. I am so tired I could drop. Need and early night tonight for sure.

aim in Fla*working 01-02-2012 03:59 PM

go to weigh in tomorrow. I am disappointed that it is so cold her tomorrow..I will have to pile on clothes and that will ass to weigh in:(