Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chapman182
Stats: 188.8/186.6/165
WOE: Medi Weightloss (doing on my own without clinic)
Start Date: 11/19/2011
Week one...will this throw me out of ketosis?

Hey guys,
so I'm on day 3 of my first week of Medi. I've been DYING for peanut butter, so today I ate some. I was wondering, will this throw me out of Ketosis? Here's the ingredients as followed:

Skippy Natural Peanut Butter

2 Tablespoons

Calories: 190
Fat: 16g
Sodium: 150mg
Carbs: 6
Fiber: 2
Sugars: 3
Protein: 7

The only thing I'm concerned about is the 3 grams of sugar. I'm guessing thats what would throw me out?

Thanks and I really appreciate any answers

Chapman182
chapman182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
The only advice I can offer is this: Week one is designed specifically to help your body adjust to lower carbs and sugar, and flush the bad stuff from your system. You are allotted 500 calories a day of protein. Peanut butter was not on my list of approved foods for week one. A lot of the reason is that 190 calories is close 1/3 of your calories for the day. And the carb count is high, as is the fat.

Ketosis happens when your body turns to carbs for energy and this helps burn off the fat. Personally I believe that you are not doing yourself any favors by going off plan on just the third day of the program. The program works, and a certain amount of craving is to be expected. One of the things you learn with MWL is the difference between the need for nourishment and the want of a particular item.

Get back on plan, and talk to your counselor at your appointment. One slip is not a terrible thing, but it certainly will not help you in the long run.

Understand please, that I have done this program and been successful keeping the weight off for three years now. It was hard that first week (which included Christmas) but do-able. Hang in there. You CAN do this.

Jo