Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
December is the month of Decadent, Delicious deserts. What's your plan for success? Will you be making a new New Year's resolution this year? You now have the tools for success. You don't have to have the same dreaded thoughts when the clock strikes midnight this year, do you? Share your thoughts and feelings here. Remember this board is your safe place. You may not always like our advice, but it is honest

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
I was hoping I could lose 20 lbs. the first month, and I DID !

I weigh in on Thursdays.

I don't make resolutions each January, so that's no big deal.

I'd just like to hit my goal by my birthday May 20th.
With MWL, I think I've got an excellent chance of doing that if I can lose 8 to 10 a month.

edit:
I just noticed I had my height as 2'3", which is absurd. I don't know how I did that but it's fixed now.

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 12-01-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melissa Meow
Stats: 307/296/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Nov 29, 2011
My resolution is to do well on Medi. I've tried everything else, so I hope I get results this time. My first visit was Tuesday and this is day 2. So far so good. I did have a question for all you seasoned vets. Since we're looking at net carbs, can I have zero carb bread and baked goods? Most have 7g carbs but 7g fiber, so net 0 carbs, right? Bread is my favorite food group and I love to bake, so I was hoping to find new ways and ingredients to get the same result without carbs. I know not for week 1, but in the future? Maybe?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mzthang581
Stats: 206.4/183.6/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: November 14,2011
I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds this month. I still cant believe I lost 12.6 pounds in 2 weeks so I feel very encouraged that I can hit my 10 pound goal this month!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Melissam

I wouldn't the first week. Stick strictly to the plan. When you have your second appt take e package in and ask.
What bread is it? Curious to know.
Good luck!!

Mzthng and twisted - congrats to you both!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Melissam I second jbj93. Avoid bread, pasta, etc. because that's the entire philosophy of the diet. Good luck!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

I'll ask on Wed for my weekly visit. If not, oh well. I want this too bad to cheat =) I am proud of myself though, I made it through my first holiday party without losing my mind. Week 1 is tough on parties! Snacked on a scallop and had a good time watching everyone else enjoy their food. Skipped the open bar and had a diet coke. Not too bad =) Have another holiday party tomorrow so I hope I can make it without drooling over everyone else's meal LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Meow View Post
I'll ask on Wed for my weekly visit. If not, oh well. I want this too bad to cheat =) I am proud of myself though, I made it through my first holiday party without losing my mind. Week 1 is tough on parties! Snacked on a scallop and had a good time watching everyone else enjoy their food. Skipped the open bar and had a diet coke. Not too bad =) Have another holiday party tomorrow so I hope I can make it without drooling over everyone else's meal LOL
Melissa and all of your other newbies the beginning is the hardest, but it gets so much easier. I'm not saying after 9 months of this lifestyle change, I don't find myself dreaming of french fries, when I smell them; but, what I will say is that the freedom and the satisfaction that I have gained since losing 65 lbs feels so much better than what any piece of pie, bread, or eating ice cream has ever given me.

The Holidays are such a difficult time for trying to "diet". You have to change your way of thinking about this plan. If you are here just to lose weight, and then go back to your old habits but in "MODERATION" I don't think this is the plan for you for the long term. This way of eating is for life, it doesn't mean you can never have a potato again, but it means that you are changing your diet to a clean diet. You are focusing on primarily nourishing your body with protein, vegetables, and fruits. Once you hit maintenance, you will add in higher carb foods but healthy ones like certain fruits/veggies, and other high fiber items.

Remember on this plan if you "cheat" the only person that suffers is you. You don't have to rationalize your behaviors on this board. The fact is that if you eat foods, that you are supposed to have eliminated you are setting yourself up for sabotage. You will have the cravings for more of that food, and cravings may lead to binging.

This way of eating has given me control. I don't have to daydream about what drive-thru to hit up next. I don't have to think about just 1 more cookie. I don't CRAVE those foods anymore. This doesn't mean that I don't overeat at times, because I do. Fortunately, the items I may overeat are nuts, or too big a portion of meats/veggies/fruits. This is a daily battle.

My intention in this post is not to deter anyone from this WOE, it is to empower you to be accountable. The fact is, if you eat certain foods you will be overweight, if you don't want to be that anymore, follow your plan exactly and this time next year, you will have a great before and AFTER photo to share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horton.jpg (59.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 12-03-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Old 12-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
What Rachel says is absolutely true. No one got to their heaviest weight in one day or one month,but rather through a long time of overeating, of eating high calorie,high carb and high sugar type foods. The "modern" diet of processed foods and enticing snacks is making our country more overweight day by day. This new WOE is truly a major life change.You will change the way you look at food, the way you purchase food (and WHERE you purchase food), the way you eat, the way you exercise. It is a total change that affects your body, your mind and your spirit. If you think this program is a magic bullet that will solve your weight issues...it is not...you are the key factor to making it work.

MWL does work. You must stick to plan, follow the directions and your journey will be successful. Which is not to say that it will be easy. You will be changing long established habits for new habits that are healthier and will give you a new outlook on life in general. The major item here is change. And you have to be willing to change. to make the leap to a healthier lifestyle. It will not always be easy, and may not even be fun. But it works. I began the program in December 2008. Today is December 2011. I have kept my weight off and I plan to keep it that way. And it does take planning. Maintaining the weight loss is a lot harder in many ways than losing it. But it is so very worth it.

And also, as Rachel has said before, and as many of my friends on this forum will tell you to...you may not always want to hear what we say, you may think we are being heartless...rather look at it this way. We have been there, we have done it and above all we have the t-shirt. We made it. And we all want you to be successful as well.

I wish all of you great success. Hang in there. You CAN do this!

Jo
Old 12-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

I am so proud of myself right now. I have to share with everyone! I just had my family over for a "taco night". I had the usual tortillas, salsa, gaucolme, shredded cheese, rice and beans, etc. Everyone who knows me, knows I love tortillas and rice and I didnt cheat once. We also had chocolate cake for dessert and not one morsel touched my lips lol. The surprising part is that I didnt even feel deprived at all . Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

mzthang that's awesome! It's nice not feeling like you'll fall to pieces without tortillas - I love them too =) I watched the family have meatballs and rice and garlic bread tonight but I had some lemon grilled shrimp. I actually thought mine was better LOL
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

GOOD JOB ladies! Determination like this will make your December Delightful
Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I think it becomes easier over time. I found if I don't see the food it isn't as bad!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

If you're like me at home, you're surrounded by food you are not eating because it is your husband's (or wife's) food and/or your kids' food.

Even if they eat healthy you still have food around that you aren't eating right now (and would be in limited amounts in the future).

Always check on your perspective of the situation.
NEVER say "I can't have..." to yourself, or around anyone else......because the bottom line is that it is simply a choice.....
I say "I'm not eating that for awhile" and put your mind on something else.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I am at a new low!!! 5.5 years ago and then only for a few days. Lowest I had been since I started trying to lose (and then, gain, gain, gain) - and I finally passed it. Woohoo!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tstubbs12
Stats: 193.5
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 12-7-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
GOOD JOB ladies! Determination like this will make your December Delightful
today is day 1 for me and i'm feeling pretty good. I'm curious though...once you start maintaining your weight will you ever get to have pasta, potatoes, etc.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Tstubbs12- I can answer the question about pasta and potatoes. Yes, in maintenance you can have it. However, it will not be in the portion sizes you may have been used to and it will not be everyday. I would also suggest the whole grain pasta. I will also say that everyone is different and that your body may react differently than mine to certain carbs. I eat them in extreme moderation because I know that my body is very sensitive to them. If you are just starting out today, then you are still craving your carbs. As you go further along on the program the cravings will become less (at least they did for me). I realized that I was making a lifestyle change not just a change to make it to a new size and stay for a little while. It took me 9 months to loose my weight and yes there were times I wanted to cheat and even a few I did. But, make sure you change your whole mindset as you go through this journey. Concentrate on what is good for you and how great you feel instead of what you can't have. I have been on enough diet plans to know that if you don't change your mindset and keep thinking of what you can have after you loose the weight you will put it back on with some friends.

I hope this came across as I meant it to and didn't sound bad. (That wasn't my intention at all). You can do this and this program works. You are worth all the HARD work that it takes. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to reading about your journey.

Dionne
Old 12-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tstubbs12
Stats: 193.5
WOE: Mediloss
Start Date: 12-7-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Tstubbs12- I can answer the question about pasta and potatoes. Yes, in maintenance you can have it. However, it will not be in the portion sizes you may have been used to and it will not be everyday. I would also suggest the whole grain pasta. I will also say that everyone is different and that your body may react differently than mine to certain carbs. I eat them in extreme moderation because I know that my body is very sensitive to them. If you are just starting out today, then you are still craving your carbs. As you go further along on the program the cravings will become less (at least they did for me). I realized that I was making a lifestyle change not just a change to make it to a new size and stay for a little while. It took me 9 months to loose my weight and yes there were times I wanted to cheat and even a few I did. But, make sure you change your whole mindset as you go through this journey. Concentrate on what is good for you and how great you feel instead of what you can't have. I have been on enough diet plans to know that if you don't change your mindset and keep thinking of what you can have after you loose the weight you will put it back on with some friends.

I hope this came across as I meant it to and didn't sound bad. (That wasn't my intention at all). You can do this and this program works. You are worth all the HARD work that it takes. Good luck on your journey and I look forward to reading about your journey.

Dionne
thanks so much ferrairimomof3...yes, this plan is a challenge for me because my weakness is potatoes and pasta but i'm determined to stay on this journey until i lose the weight i need to. i want to get my health back. You are right...I have to focus.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
I am at a new low!!! 5.5 years ago and then only for a few days. Lowest I had been since I started trying to lose (and then, gain, gain, gain) - and I finally passed it. Woohoo!
Congrats, what a great feeling!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

OK....first weigh in today and 9 pounds down =) That's a great motivator LOL. Found out all the great things I can eat and I was surprised. I almost don't want to put those things back into my diet knowing how much I lost without them!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Meow View Post
OK....first weigh in today and 9 pounds down =) That's a great motivator LOL. Found out all the great things I can eat and I was surprised. I almost don't want to put those things back into my diet knowing how much I lost without them!
Fantastic! You are off to a great start. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post

Dionne
Great Post! Love it!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Today I had my 3rd weigh in and I only lost 1.6 this week. I must admit I am a little down about it because I was hoping to be in the 180's this week. Unfortunately it is my TOM so I'm hoping next week I can have a big loss. Crossing my fingers...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

It's more likely just extra water weight if it's your TOM.
Hope next week makes up for it !

I lost 2 lbs. this last week which means I broke the 200 mark !
In the past I have gotten stuck there, and I didn't want that happening again.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Congrats Twistedsuze!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
So happy I waited til this Friday to go in for my weigh-in. I was out of state visiting friends/family for 11 days last month and while I ate considerably less calories than before MWL, I did not follow plan most days. So home for 9-10 days and back on plan immediately...like in the airport, LOL.

Took 3-4 days to be back in ketosis. Today's weigh in was down 3.5 pounds and very happy with that! I have had 3 plus pound wt losses so many weeks since starting that the counselor said my body probably needed a break anyway....(NOT recommending, just sayin' )

I was actually shocked when she reminded me that I was only 13 pounds from goal. SO if I'm setting a Dec. goal only now, it would be to be down 3 or 4 pounds by Dec. 23rd. My SUPER dream would be to be done with the acute phase by the end of January! Six months since starting.

Planning for the holidays daily. I decided that this year I "deserve" to be good to myself by eating right....not by rewarding myself with food that harms. I'm sure I'll find a balance

Lets all treat ourselves to success this holiday season!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Planning for the holidays daily. I decided that this year I "deserve" to be good to myself by eating right....not by rewarding myself with food that harms. I'm sure I'll find a balance

Lets all treat ourselves to success this holiday season!

I love your attitude! That's what I'm reminding myself of when I'm tempted.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #28
RTR
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RTR
Stats: 197.4/183.6/137.4
Start Date: December 2011
I just started my Medi journey last Friday, and today was my first weigh in. To say the least, I WAS BLOWN AWAY! Down 10.4 pounds?!?! In a week?!?! Oh Happy Day!!!

I'm so glad I found this site! There are so many tips and tricks of the trade not to mention fabulous success stories. This has been a great motivator for me to stay on course during my first week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Ok went to a party with a plan to cheat slightly. Had 4 crackers (with ok stuff on top) and some peanut m&ms. Back on today! Don't feel guilty as I thought about it before hand, but I still don't like how my body feels this morning.

The one great thing about this WOE is I can now stop myself. No cheesecake or brownies. Before I would 'Have To Have Some'.

I agree no potatoes and pasta. For me, it just isn't worth it. And I (used to) enjoy a baked potato!

I also realized yesterday i don't constantly think about food all the time! That is a lovely change!

So, my long winded thought is,even if you go off plan (planned or not) jump right back on and you will know why! I will forever be aware of what I am eatting!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

not too happy this week. It's week 2 and while I know I'm not going to get the same results as week 1, I haven't lost ANY weight this week. I don't want to do for my weigh-in on Wednesday with 0 loss. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? I've stayed within my calories, added F/V as required, not gone overboard on fats, drank my water, and stayed in ketosis all week.......I don't know.....
Closed Thread