Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdulcelife
Stats: Start: 186lbs / Now: 177.6 / Goal: 140lbs
WOE: Weight-Loss Clinic
Start Date: December 28, 2011
Thank you fd1019 - Are you tired of the same thing over and over? One thing I truly disliked was the cottage cheese although I must confess it filled me up Today I had Canadian Bacon (YUMMY)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fd1019
Stats: 5'8" 165.6/151.8/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/28/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdulcelife View Post
Thank you fd1019 - Are you tired of the same thing over and over? One thing I truly disliked was the cottage cheese although I must confess it filled me up Today I had Canadian Bacon (YUMMY)
It's not too bad so far... I've been eating egg whites with deli turkey in the mornings, a grilled bison patty for lunch, and a turkey burger for dinner... or some variant of that... Husband grilled steaks and chicken so we have been eating that too. I haven't eaten any cottage cheese since I'm a bit lactose intolerant, but I might add some of the lactaid brand to my diet eventually.

I did start to feel the ketosis kick in today (got a moderate reading on the ketone strip)... Headache for most of the day and tired, but it's not too bad. It may just be related to my allergies from cleaning out all the closets yesterday!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:47 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetdulcelife
Stats: Start: 186lbs / Now: 177.6 / Goal: 140lbs
WOE: Weight-Loss Clinic
Start Date: December 28, 2011
Eating Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1019 View Post
It's not too bad so far... I've been eating egg whites with deli turkey in the mornings, a grilled bison patty for lunch, and a turkey burger for dinner... or some variant of that... Husband grilled steaks and chicken so we have been eating that too. I haven't eaten any cottage cheese since I'm a bit lactose intolerant, but I might add some of the lactaid brand to my diet eventually.

I did start to feel the ketosis kick in today (got a moderate reading on the ketone strip)... Headache for most of the day and tired, but it's not too bad. It may just be related to my allergies from cleaning out all the closets yesterday!

Wow! That actually sounds delicious. My biggest issue is that I don't eat seafood and I am not a big fan of Turkey thus my options are limited. I wish my hubby would grill ;-) this would be so much easier LOL. I have to resort to the Foreman Grill.

I'm starting day 3 today and although I am not supposed to test for ketosis until tomorrow I was curious and based on the stick I am already in ketosis ;-). I did have a bit of headache yesterday but that's it. The only thing I am totally scared of is the fact that we are heading to Disney today and staying until tomorrow. I brought breakfast and possibly lunch with me but I am not sure what I'll do about dinner. Probably order Chicken or steak. Biggest issue is knowing how much it weighs. I doubt the server will be able to tell me that LOL

We'll see how I did next Wed. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fd1019
Stats: 5'8" 165.6/151.8/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/28/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdulcelife View Post
Wow! That actually sounds delicious. My biggest issue is that I don't eat seafood and I am not a big fan of Turkey thus my options are limited. I wish my hubby would grill ;-) this would be so much easier LOL. I have to resort to the Foreman Grill.

I'm starting day 3 today and although I am not supposed to test for ketosis until tomorrow I was curious and based on the stick I am already in ketosis ;-). I did have a bit of headache yesterday but that's it. The only thing I am totally scared of is the fact that we are heading to Disney today and staying until tomorrow. I brought breakfast and possibly lunch with me but I am not sure what I'll do about dinner. Probably order Chicken or steak. Biggest issue is knowing how much it weighs. I doubt the server will be able to tell me that LOL

We'll see how I did next Wed. Keeping my fingers crossed.
You can do it! Don't give up! You'll find a way... Hub and I are going to a NYE get-together tonight and we already told the host not to make any food for us! haha. We are also going out of town to get together with some college friends on the 14th of this month and we already have a plan of attack (pick up grilled chicken salads on the way). In fact, I am going shopping and to a movie with a friend today and she asked if I wanted to meet before or after lunch and I said AFTER so I can eat some meat at home. Just be strong and determined and you'll find a way around your obstacles. Can't wait til Wednesday when I get to eat some veggies though! lol

Oh and 3 oz of meat is like a deck of cards... For chicken breast I think every 3 oz is 100 cals, for steak 165 cals. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Swirvegrrl you look great!

Everyone-just keep focused. I too have had some bumps, but they are definitely not binges! I think that is the difference. I was surprised I didn't take a taste of any potatoes this past month - see what a little info can do!

I've also learned not to weigh a day or two after being bad. That way I don't get discouraged! Happy to say it is exactly 4 months since starting to diet (medi cpl days after) and I am down 50 pounds as of this morning!! I have more empty hangers in the closet than clothes now!! Woo hoo!

Little worried about vacation in two weeks, but it won't include potatoes!

Happy new year - and new you - to everyone!!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
Swirvegrrl you look great!

Everyone-just keep focused. I too have had some bumps, but they are definitely not binges! I think that is the difference. I was surprised I didn't take a taste of any potatoes this past month - see what a little info can do!

I've also learned not to weigh a day or two after being bad. That way I don't get discouraged! Happy to say it is exactly 4 months since starting to diet (medi cpl days after) and I am down 50 pounds as of this morning!! I have more empty hangers in the closet than clothes now!! Woo hoo!

Little worried about vacation in two weeks, but it won't include potatoes!

Happy new year - and new you - to everyone!!
Congrats on your 50 lb loss....it is a new YOU year!!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Come on along and join us in the new January thread! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

**Jumping Joyously into a MWL January**
Closed Thread