Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Meow View Post
not too happy this week. It's week 2 and while I know I'm not going to get the same results as week 1, I haven't lost ANY weight this week. I don't want to do for my weigh-in on Wednesday with 0 loss. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? I've stayed within my calories, added F/V as required, not gone overboard on fats, drank my water, and stayed in ketosis all week.......I don't know.....
Stick with it and don't give up! Sometimes my weight loss doesn't show up until the day or two before weigh-in. If you're doing everything right, it WILL show up.

Something to think about -- you might want to stop weighing at home if it's discouraging you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13
Hello everyone and congratulations for all successes. I haven't done so well the past two weeks even though I lost a few pounds last week. Not feeling well and just haven't been motivated to follow any plan but to feel better and get this crud out of my system.

Everyone have a happy and successfuly weight loss week.

Bre
Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Oh yeah, I also lost 4" off my waist last week. And my blood pressure is as good as it was when I was a teenager. Now that's saying something. If I keep this up, I could possibly get off or reduce the meds in the future. Thank you Jesus because it cost like heck to have health issues these days.

Bre

Last edited by Bre94; 12-12-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
not too happy this week. It's week 2 and while I know I'm not going to get the same results as week 1, I haven't lost ANY weight this week. I don't want to do for my weigh-in on Wednesday with 0 loss. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? I've stayed within my calories, added F/V as required, not gone overboard on fats, drank my water, and stayed in ketosis all week.......I don't know.....
Hi Melissa,
Give yourself some time with the plan, before getting discouraged. I will tell you that when I was ACTIVELY losing weight, I would typically lose 3 lbs 1 week, then none the next, lose 4 lbs, then 0.5lb the next. Everyone's body is different and handles weight loss differently. I always seemed to be on 1 week, then off the next; but 66lbs later I'm a lot smaller than I was this time last year The weight gain didn't occur over night, and it's not going anywhere overnight Be sure to stay on plan, EXACTLY as prescribed, make sure to drink lots of water (at least 1 gallon/ day), and see what happens, if you can't lose weight for weeks at a time and are following the plan to the letter, you may need further blood testing.

NEWBIE ALERT Do not weigh yourself constantly, this will sabotage your success, and make you obsessive. You are paying MEDI good $. Save your weigh in for their TOP OF THE LINE SCALE. Keep in mind there may be times, that your weight doesn't drop (per say), because you are holding water, but may have actually lost FAT. This happened to me several times, so stay the course, and keep positive!

FYI: I added a new pic to my album. I was a size 18 January 1, 2011. My red dress photo is a size 8 dress I will share that I became very motivated as a newbie, when I would see other's before and afters. It made me very motivated, and made me BELIEVE, that if "He/She can do it, I CAN DO IT!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reddec11.jpg (18.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg mj2.jpg (11.4 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 12-12-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Horray, I found all of you again! I lost you! The link from the Nov thread's last day doesn't connect (or didn't for me) so I had to look on the MWL page and find you!

Rachel - I looked at your album....WHAT a fabulous change in the past 12 months thanks to your diligence with MWL!!! It is wonderful, isn't it?

I will be back into exercise very shortly. Just 10 days or so of grad school left. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....and I just have to finish up the final huge project and a few more discussion/journal/time log posts. I'm ready to finally be able to focus on Christmas, but have not allowed myself yet til school is over. DH doesn't even want a tree this year because I've been so focused on school. Well, as soon as I'm done I'm getting one! DDs X2 will be coming for our Christmas celebration with them in early January due to my school schedule, and their work schedules, distances. This will be really different this year, but with them ages 24 and 27 I guess this was bound to happen at some time. At least I'm busy with assignments and cannot pout too much about it.

Thinking of going to WW meetings after a while because I've paid so much to MWL and I'm already a lifetime WW member. But not at goal right now....still would be cheaper than MWL. But I'd do my MWL plan mostly. It is the one that has worked for me!!

Just wanted to stop in and say I'm glad you are all keeping at it. You are WORTH it!!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Rachel,

I must commend you for the tenacity to hang in there and be successful at your weight loss. You look absolutely fabulous. I know that you are proud of your accomplishment.

I'm going to try and use you as inspiration to get back on track. I just have totally lost the well to do the diet. Every week I start but I've lost that fire that I had almost a year ago. The only saving grace for me is that I have no gained any weight back. I want to get to goal but I have to dig deep within myself to find that drive that was there last year.

I look for your post because you really inspire me. I just can't do it myself so I'll be going back to the clinic Saturday. The one that was 5 minutes from my job closed so I have to wait until Saturday to go to my original one because it's too far from where I work. But I'm going to get there on Saturday and use your success as motivation to get my act together.

Keep up the great job!!!!!

Betty
Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Deb & Betty

Thanks Ladies I truly appreciate your kind comments

Betty you can do it, If I can ANYONE can
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mzthang581
Stats: 206.4/183.6/160
Start Date: November 14,2011
Shame on me!

So I totally emotionally ate 850 calories today. It was all medi friendly but way too much for the acute phase. I must confess I have been weighing myself at home and I am only down 2 lbs this week and my official weigh is on Thursday. I have not seen the scale budge in the last 3 days and today I just gave in and ate more then I was suppose too. I know I shouldnt weigh at home but I am just obsessed with it. Anyway just had to vent my frustration with myself. I will let you all know how I do officially on Thursday but after today I dont think it will be good.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: VannishingGrl
Stats: 230
WOE: MWL
Start Date: Jan. 10, 2014
No Ones Perfect...

Ohh Mzthang....seldom is the new path we choose paved. We stumble. You've already picked yourself up, and dusted yourself off. Move forward! I joined shortly after you so I've been watching your progress to help me stay motivated!! So this week just work out a little harder. And put that scale away!!...concentrate on the journey not on the destination. Sending good thoughts!!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

VannishingGrl - especially the part about focusing on the journey, not the destination....
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: medstudent
Stats: 178
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: november 25 ,2011
swirveegrl, I noticed that you are in richmond I am as well--- thanks for the encouraging message I have fallen off the wagon due to exam week ( which is not a good excuse ) and have gained 5 lobs smh... I am determined to gain over christmas break !! This is week 5 for me and I have gained everything I have lost because of binging and not planning my meals appropriately. I extremely upset about this and need to plan a way to fill the carb voids and be smarter about my choices. Thanksgiving was a major fail as far as avoiding the sweets but after seeing the posts from everyone -- I feel more motivated thanks you guys have happy holidays ...
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

medstudent I suggest that you read some of my prior posts. I too suffered with binge eating a lot throughout my life, and have talked about it a lot on these boards. I still stuggle with it at times, especially when the weather turns cold, and I can't stand the thought of going out in the cold This plan has helped me to tame that habit, I will admit, I am not cured of it; however, I have a lot more will power and lead a life now, that makes those cravings much less than they used to be.
Everyone stay positive, REMEMEBER that a new year is just around the corner! DO you want to be in the same body, this time next year? Or, do you want to change? You have to make a committment to change, it is possible
Old 12-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melissa Meow
Stats: 307/296/150
Start Date: Nov 29, 2011
I know I shouldn't have doubted myself! I was worried for nothing. Weighed in today and although I gained 2 pounds of water weight, I lost 4 pounds of fat! So although I need to watch the salt intake and drink more water, but I was REALLY happy about the 4 pounds of fat loss. Considering I was sick with sinus/allergy stuff AND I missed my midweek booster, I think I did pretty well I am really appreciative for all of you here that help us newbies. It makes the lifestyle change much easier with the support!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know I shouldn't have doubted myself! I was worried for nothing. Weighed in today and although I gained 2 pounds of water weight, I lost 4 pounds of fat! So although I need to watch the salt intake and drink more water, but I was REALLY happy about the 4 pounds of fat loss. Considering I was sick with sinus/allergy stuff AND I missed my midweek booster, I think I did pretty well I am really appreciative for all of you here that help us newbies. It makes the lifestyle change much easier with the support!
Hate to say I told you so, BUT I did
Old 12-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
Congratulations, Rachel !
That's wonderful !

And congratulations to everyone else for your success....or during bad times - just trying ! ...or maybe that's just me, but I think people deserve credit for trying instead of throwing all caution to the wind.

I lost 1 lb. last week but lost 4% fat !
The lady who weighed me was excited and said don't worry about the water, it will correct itself....which I knew.
My water intake was all messed up this last week and I totally missed lunch one day.

I don't have as much going on till weigh-in Thursday next week so it should be better.

"Never, never, never give up"
Winston Churchill

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
John Lennon

http://www.brainyquote.com/

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 12-15-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

I lost my mind yesterday and had two bags of potato chips (plain and barbq), hershey almond, snickers, and a New Orleans praline. Is that sick or what? It was good and I haven't eaten it all but could not sleep last night. I was awaken until after 2a.m.

Oh well back to eating 500 cals. of protein until christmas, then I will add the veggies and eat sensible.

Bre94
Old 12-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Hello 180's!

Had my fourth weigh in today and I am officially in the 180's! I lost 3 lbs this week and that makes a total of 17.2 lbs!! Hoping to make my 20 lb goal by Christmas!!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Suze View Post
Congratulations, Rachel !
That's wonderful !

And congratulations to everyone else for your success....or during bad times - just trying ! ...or maybe that's just me, but I think people deserve credit for trying instead of throwing all caution to the wind.

I lost 1 lb. last week but lost 4% fat !
The lady who weighed me was excited and said don't worry about the water, it will correct itself....which I knew.
My water intake was all messed up this last week and I totally missed lunch one day.

I don't have as much going on till weigh-in Thursday next week so it should be better.

"Never, never, never give up"
Winston Churchill

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
John Lennon

Famous Quotes at BrainyQuote
Congrats!! 4% body fat!! That's awesome
Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VannishingGrl View Post
Ohh Mzthang....seldom is the new path we choose paved. We stumble. You've already picked yourself up, and dusted yourself off. Move forward! I joined shortly after you so I've been watching your progress to help me stay motivated!! So this week just work out a little harder. And put that scale away!!...concentrate on the journey not on the destination. Sending good thoughts!!
Thanks for your support this week!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #50
RTR
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RTR
Stats: 197.4/183.6/137.4
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
medstudent Everyone stay positive, REMEMEBER that a new year is just around the corner! DO you want to be in the same body, this time next year? Or, do you want to change? You have to make a committment to change, it is possible
I love this post! A new body for a new year. Totally #1 on my 2012 Resolution list!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #51
RTR
Junior LCF Member

I hope everyone is hanging in there as we are in the midst of the holiday party season! I attended 3 parties this week all complete with good food, good wine and good friends. So far, I have managed to "just say no" ,but I am sure more temptations are lurking around the corner in the upcoming weeks.

Today was my 2nd weigh in and I was down 3.4 making my total weightloss 13.8! I am so thrilled! I hope everyone else has wonderful results this week!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Well, well, well. I was bound to have one of "those" weigh-ins. Trying to keep it all in perspective

Down 2# fat (yea!)
Up .5# muscle (yea!)
Up 1# water (meh)

So total loss HALF a pound!

I just keep saying "down 2# fat"....I have a family gathering tonight. Tradition is eggs benedict! I am bringing two small flax seed pancakes for my "english muffins" and have canadian bacon...so off to find out how horrible hollandaise sauce is!

Made a rhubarb pie...my plan is to take my piece, take a bite with some low carb ice cream and take the rest home. This may be dangerous for some, but I am USUALLY good about taking alittle bit of something that is mine-all-mine and making it last. At halloween I made ONE snack size snicker bar last 6 days! a nibble a day. Trying to strategize so I don't just cave and eat it all out of self pity! Bringing my favorite Chai tea to drink so I feel "special" lol!

I then have a two day "party" with family out of town on Sunday and Monday....my brain hurts. Good luck everyone!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Well, well, well. I was bound to have one of "those" weigh-ins. Trying to keep it all in perspective

Down 2# fat (yea!)
Up .5# muscle (yea!)
Up 1# water (meh)

So total loss HALF a pound!

I just keep saying "down 2# fat"....I have a family gathering tonight. Tradition is eggs benedict! I am bringing two small flax seed pancakes for my "english muffins" and have canadian bacon...so off to find out how horrible hollandaise sauce is!

Made a rhubarb pie...my plan is to take my piece, take a bite with some low carb ice cream and take the rest home. This may be dangerous for some, but I am USUALLY good about taking alittle bit of something that is mine-all-mine and making it last. At halloween I made ONE snack size snicker bar last 6 days! a nibble a day. Trying to strategize so I don't just cave and eat it all out of self pity! Bringing my favorite Chai tea to drink so I feel "special" lol!

I then have a two day "party" with family out of town on Sunday and Monday....my brain hurts. Good luck everyone!

CONGRATS MaraMom, you are doing great. I too am learning how to eat just a bite or two of the 'bad' stuff. And, I still have my praline that I pinch a little here and there. My past would have eaten that and more.

Bre94
Old 12-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #54
RTR
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
At halloween I made ONE snack size snicker bar last 6 days! a nibble a day. Trying to strategize so I don't just cave and eat it all out of self pity! Bringing my favorite Chai tea to drink so I feel "special" lol!

You are doing so great! I buy a Dove Chocolate Bar at the beginning of each week, and savor it little by little the entire week. So delightful without totally overindulging at the same time
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
My home scale is always 2-3 pounds less than the Medi scales, so I use it as a rough gauge of progress.

This morning, it said 178.6 -- I haven't seen this number since I was gaining weight during my pregnancy with my son. After he was born, I could never lose that weight; I had 2 more babies and lost the weight from them but could never break through the weight gained when I was pregnant with him. And he is now THIRTEEN!!!

I am so happy to see true progress!!!

Also, my 8-year-old daughter asked me the other day why people go to Weight Watchers (which I used to do). I told her people go because they're trying to lose weight. She said, "I know that part, but you went there and you don't need to lose weight." My reply: "Thank you, honey." My thoughts: Glad you think that but I do.

Keep working hard, everyone -- it WORKS!
Abdomen -15.5
Hips -10
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I went to the center yesterday after six months away. Turns out I was lower on their scale than I was at home! I was also surprised to find out that I'm in my healthy body fat range. I guess I was still seeing the old me when I looked in the mirror.

Something just kind of clicked while I was sitting there and I realized how far I have come. I decided to change my goal to the number I have wanted to get to all along, but never felt I could --- 142, exactly 100 pounds from my highest weight. I finally feel like I can say what I really want for myself and believe I can achieve it.

With so many challenging eating situations over the holidays, I just want to encourage everyone to stay true to what you really want for yourself. We all started this journey for a reason.

Barb
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

@Barbwired I think the closer we get to goal, we must reevaluate it to makes sure it is realistic, and not just a # we randomly chose. There is a lot of consideration to take in making a goal weight, that will be healthy, attainable, and MAINTAINABLE! I had originally chosen 130lbs, but realized that for my body type, etc. that was most likely not MAINTAINABLE. I have set 145lbs as my new goal. I really hope to reach it my February, which will be my 1 year low carb WOE lifestyle change. I personally hope to reach 151lbs by New Year's so that I can say I lost 70lbs in 1 year
Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DiniRN
Stats: 236.2/222.5/160
Start Date: 12/16/2011
Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join. I'm on day 2 of MWL, and honestly struggling a little but that's to be expected. I don't like eggs or fish, so I'm really limited on week 1 but I'll make it. My only concern is the week I chose to start it may prove difficult. But...if I can get through the holidays then I can get through anything right?

I am having a hard time getting my calories because I don't want to eat what I'm allowed. Just the thought of lunch meat, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt or chicken makes me cringe! I have about 80 calories yet to fill today, so I guess I'll try to stomach some roast beef to meet my calorie intake today.

I'm going to struggle tomorrow and Monday though. I'm a nurse and I work nights, and tomorrow and Monday they are having a carry in for the holidays, and management is providing sandwiches and wings...and everyone brings something, and I'm sure nothing I can eat so I'll pack what I can eat but I'll honestly have to stay out of the break room except to get my lunch. I'm dreading it, but I'm determined for this to work!!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Hi DiniRN,
Several of us here are RNs, and I know what you mean about those workplace snacks. Especially when working long shifts and look to getting away as a little allowed break because it's a potluck...and then you gotta eat, right? Hopefully there will be some cheese there, and since you are past week one, you could have veggies. As far as your protein goes, I've occasionally layed out about 17 turkey pepperoni slices on a plate, cover with a paper towel and nuke it for about 40 seconds (I think). That is ONE serving and it's about 70 calories...I'm going by memory here. Can't have it every day though because of the sodium, but I like it for something different. Sometimes I let them cook a little longer and eat like "chips!" Also you can try beef jerky. Just some thoughts.
As far as work goes, everyone loves deviled eggs...oh yeah, you don't like eggs.
Stick with it!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiniRN View Post
Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join. I'm on day 2 of MWL, and honestly struggling a little but that's to be expected. I don't like eggs or fish, so I'm really limited on week 1 but I'll make it. My only concern is the week I chose to start it may prove difficult. But...if I can get through the holidays then I can get through anything right?

I am having a hard time getting my calories because I don't want to eat what I'm allowed. Just the thought of lunch meat, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt or chicken makes me cringe! I have about 80 calories yet to fill today, so I guess I'll try to stomach some roast beef to meet my calorie intake today.

I'm going to struggle tomorrow and Monday though. I'm a nurse and I work nights, and tomorrow and Monday they are having a carry in for the holidays, and management is providing sandwiches and wings...and everyone brings something, and I'm sure nothing I can eat so I'll pack what I can eat but I'll honestly have to stay out of the break room except to get my lunch. I'm dreading it, but I'm determined for this to work!!
I know what you mean. I am a RN too and work 12 hour shifts. My first week was really hard. We had a potluck at work and I swear everyone around was eating chips all day. I survived it though . I will say it was around Day 4 that the cravings subsided quite a bit and it was more doable. Hang in there!
Closed Thread