Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   I've Commited Murder ! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/746987-ive-commited-murder.html)

Twisted Suze 11-26-2011 03:37 PM

I've Commited Murder !

It was dirty and ugly and messy but I finally managed to kill the Fat Lady who's been presiding in my head !
:D

Occasionally she tries to come back to life like a damned ZOMBIE......so I'm regularly performing SmackDowns.

Anyone else ?

h/t - to my friend this idea came from. She's lost 50 lbs. and posted the murder at her FB page.

Twisted Suze 11-28-2011 02:50 PM

Gee.....I killed my own thread...

Twisted Suze 01-20-2012 07:32 PM

Isn't that interesting.....415 views, and not one reply except mine.

synner 01-20-2012 09:39 PM

i think it is funny. I start tomorrow for the first time, so i haven't killed mine yet...im sure once i get the weight off ill say the same thing.

Twisted Suze 01-21-2012 12:28 AM

Somewhere along the way, before you're finished you'll want to say it.

I guess that's one of the things that's tough about maintenance.
You have to keep smacking that fat person in your head down.
Inner dialogue habits are not easy to change.

Michelynn 01-21-2012 07:43 AM

It is a weird thing -- adjusting to how you look, what size clothes you're in, even how you fit in relation to other people or things.

I remember when I realized that the way I fit in the car was really different, and I had to readjust my seat. And I see clothes in my closet that I think are too small, but when I try them on they either fit or are already too big.

sillykimmie 01-21-2012 08:50 AM

Twisted, Sometimes it seems I kill my own treads too...
Glad to hear you have tackled the fat monster!
I'm doing a pretty good job on mine.
Loving exercise for the first time.
Not loving the pre menapause metabolism though. :annoyed:

Twisted Suze 01-22-2012 01:13 AM

It's fun to go shopping in your own closet.....in my case I find shorts that I forgot I had.

MiniMomma 01-22-2012 08:11 AM

I previously lost weight and donated my clothes, then regained and had no clothes to go back to... I refused to go buy new bigger clothes again and started Medi. Even mid week 2 I am fitting back to my regular clothes and I look forward to some shopping for some smaller ... hopefully soon. Good luck everyone on finding your new self!! :heart:

relsomrr 01-23-2012 03:25 PM

Look forward to having this problem!

Ready4TheNewMe 01-30-2012 07:18 AM

Suze - you are so funny....
We are proud of you.

Twisted Suze 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

Thank you......I've sort of surprised myself with my success with MWL.

Before trying MWL, I must have started and stopped diets (mostly at WW) 4 or 5 times in the last 2 and a half years. I felt like such a total failure and that just made me more depressed.

When I was thinking about trying MWL, I also realized I needed to give myself permission to focus on only losing weight....not to let certain financial problems or whatever drama was going on crowd my head too much.
I needed so badly to do this for ME.

I don't micro-analyze why this has been so much better...just accept my better mind frame and continue on with it.