Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   lose a quick pound today! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/744966-lose-quick-pound-today.html)

Mary T8M 11-10-2011 10:08 AM

lose a quick pound today!

Want to lose a pound? Donate a pint of blood! (it weighs just over a pound) Blood is in short supply, so do yourself, and the 3 others it will help a favor, and go to your local Red Cross and donate a pint of blood! I just did!

I KNOW there will be people saying they can't...... OK, but pass this along to those who CAN

Twisted Suze 11-10-2011 06:31 PM

Having donated over 7 gallons of A-neg myself, I'll offer some suggestions.

Make sure you've drunk at least 64 oz. of your water before you donate blood, and Never donate on an empty stomach.
Go after lunch.

Ask your MWL clinic about the fruit juice and/or cookies the blood center will want you to drink/eat afterward before you can leave.....brings your sugar back up. Maybe just drink 3 or 4 oz. of fruit juice and have more of your water with you to drink.....or plan to eat fruit that day and take your apple in with you.

Also see if it's ok with MWL to have a dinner with extra beef and veggies.
Where I donate they'd always suggest a good steak dinner, and I'd always treat myself to Victoria's Filet from Outback Steakhouse with steamed veggies.

Mary T8M 11-10-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Suze (Post 15166278)
Having donated over 7 gallons of A-neg myself, I'll offer some suggestions.

Make sure you've drunk at least 64 oz. of your water before you donate blood, and Never donate on an empty stomach.
Go after lunch.

Ask your MWL clinic about the fruit juice and/or cookies the blood center will want you to drink/eat afterward before you can leave.....brings your sugar back up. Maybe just drink 3 or 4 oz. of fruit juice and have more of your water with you to drink.....or plan to eat fruit that day and take your apple in with you.

Also see if it's ok with MWL to have a dinner with extra beef and veggies.
Where I donate they'd always suggest a good steak dinner, and I'd always treat myself to Victoria's Filet from Outback Steakhouse with steamed veggies.

I always go after I've eaten. Today I had my usual breakfast (1 egg, and 3 pieces of turkey bacon, coffee). I've been on MWL quite a while and have donated several times during this (as has my DH) and we've never really done anything special. We already drink a gallon + of fluids, and eat higher protein meals. I'm an RN and agree you don't want to do this on an empty stomach, or dehydrated!

Give yourself a HUGE hug :heart::heart: for all of those people you've helped with your seven gallons! WTG you're really an inspiration

Twisted Suze 11-12-2011 06:05 PM

My mom had 4 miscarriages between my older brother and me and I know she had a blood transfusion while pregnant with me (she was 40).
I'll never know if that unit of blood is why I made it or not, but I like returning the favor.

Right after you've donated, don't they want you to drink juice and eat cookies or something to put sugar back in your system ?
What do you do ?

christyran1228 11-12-2011 06:41 PM

Water is always an option when I go ... And bring your own snack, some almonds and grapes or something.

I am a regular donor, and since my daughter turned 16 in August and is old enough, I turned her onto it, too. :)