Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13
Good Morning All,

I was so pumped yesterday, my first day, and finally went to sleep at 1 a.m. I think the meds are the culprit.

Take care, see you later - I will be back (trying to get those 25 in )

Bre

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Hello to Everyone and Welcome to those of you who have just started:

I wanted to give a quick update I went and had a long talk with my MD and she is going to do some extra test for my thyroid, I guess there are indepth test beside the standard thyroid test. I will be having that on Friday. She is not quite sure why my weight is not going down, I hope this will help her, I know that I am hypothyroid and taking meds for that but there may be another med to help this along. I have been sticking to the Medi way and have been getting in my exercise 5 days a week. I love to see everyone with such postive news and insight. I will keep you posted.

Cathy

Cathy,

I went around in circles for 5 years before my hypothyroidism was finally diagnosed at Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. I took Synthroid for 13 years but my Gulf Coast doctor took me off of the meds on June 24, 2011. My doctor tested me every two weeks and then monthly and found that I still had too much of meds in my system. She moved to another state but encouraged me to have it checked every 3 months. On Nov. 2, my cardiologist was shocked to hear that I had been taken off of Synthyroid because normally you have to take it the rest of your life. When my test results came back they finally read normal. So, I wondering if I needed it in the first place for 13 years or what??? I'm a strange bird though, because I started out as having a hyperthyroid. And, at that time I told the doctor about the mercury/iron taste in my mouth. So, possible that when my thyroid went the other way. As a hyper, I was skinny and energetic. With hypo, I started to gain weight and haven't stopped and no energy.

Keep looking into it for your cure.

Catch you later
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Weighed in today...lost 4 pounds!!!

However looking at Tanita slip it was almost all water I'm not even changing my stats for that.

Ugghh
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Humm, I found a thyroid thread, I guess I should have put my message over there.

Bre
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

It is 12:15 pm and I'm not hungry.

Bre
Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Day 2 and I was hit by a bad case of diarreha this evening. So glad that it didn't happen while at work because I had no warning. Is this a common problem or just my sensitive system?

Good night all

Bre
Old 11-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

No, diarrhea is unheard of, if anything we have the opposite problem LOL Loose stools could happen if you are eating foods with sugar alcohols, some people get gas and bloating, some get diarrhea.

Or you may simply have a virus. I see you are on the gulf coast too, and I know my kids have had some stomach bugs lately.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Bre94 - for your thyroid info, you may have Hashimotos. Your thyroid is never stable if that is the case. I was in remission for 18 years, went hyper for less than a year, then hypo for the past 15 years. Recently upped my meds (don't know if tied to Medi or not).

I agree with hyonlyf on the potty issue. You may have a bug going around. If it doesn't let up, call the clinic just in case your body doesn't like some of the supplements.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
I forgot! My woohoo - I'm down to 197.0!! 36 pounds gone. I'm still having a hard time when I enter my weight, I haven't started with a '1' in so long I keep thinking it is a typo! Another 1/2 pound and I will be half way!!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyonlyf View Post
No, diarrhea is unheard of, if anything we have the opposite problem LOL Loose stools could happen if you are eating foods with sugar alcohols, some people get gas and bloating, some get diarrhea.

Or you may simply have a virus. I see you are on the gulf coast too, and I know my kids have had some stomach bugs lately.

Hello Fellow Gulf Coastee, thanks for your response.

My Medi nurse returned my call because I reported that I had diarreha yesterday, haven't had much sleep for two nights, and was dizzy and had tunnel vision this morning. She asked that I cut out one of the AS, all of the fat burner and colon cleanse to see if my problem is related to the 10 pills that I am taking (along with my four regular meds). Also, my cardio doctor doubled my cholesterol med. On my first visit, I did tell her that I am very sensitive to meds. I wanted to try whatever will work to help get this weight off. If I can't use that stuff, I will just have to work harder at the diet and exercise. I think that I need the accountability but it is sad to pay so much money for what I used to just do it. This old girl ain't what she used to be and lack the motivation to do what I need to do on my own.

I transferred to the coast five years ago and said that I would take one month to enjoy all of the good seafood and southern cooking. Well, I didn't put the brakes on after one month as planned. I fit in nicely in the fattest state in the union.

Have a great weight lost day.

Bre
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
Bre94 - for your thyroid info, you may have Hashimotos. Your thyroid is never stable if that is the case. I was in remission for 18 years, went hyper for less than a year, then hypo for the past 15 years. Recently upped my meds (don't know if tied to Medi or not).

I agree with hyonlyf on the potty issue. You may have a bug going around. If it doesn't let up, call the clinic just in case your body doesn't like some of the supplements.

jbjb93 - Thanks for the info on Hashimotos, I will keep that in mind. And congrats on the weight lost. I can't wait to get to the 100s.

Bre
Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #102
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
nyonlyf, MaraMom, and Swirveegrl: Thanks for all of your support! I think Swirveegrl's comment about the Panick Weight is dead on. I was feeling out of control which is scary because it is almost impossible to control your eating when you feel that you have no control over it. I am trying to remind myself that this is a WOE and WOL which I am choosing to do in order to be healthy and feel better about myself. Today, I got a nice compliment which I really needed, and is one of those NSV's that keeps you going. Good luck to all -- having supportive people to share the ups and downs with really keeps you on track.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
hyonly - Celebrate your fantastic 4 pound loss Those scales can really fluctuate from one week to another. I had to just decide not to make myself crazy over the water fluctuations from week to week. The end results is you are down 4 and that's awesome.

jbjb - Congrats on reaching one-derland and keep up the great work!

Bre - Hang in there and hope this passes quickly and you are feeling better soon!

N2low - I know that out of control feeling too well. The important thing is you are taking control and choosing to embrace a WOE that you know works for you. Good luck on this part of your journey. You can do it!

Barb
Old 11-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Barbwired Thanks for the encouragement! I see that you are only 7 pounds away from your goal - that must feel really good! Congratulations on your success so far.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2LowCarb View Post
nyonlyf, MaraMom, and Swirveegrl: Thanks for all of your support! I think Swirveegrl's comment about the Panick Weight is dead on. I was feeling out of control which is scary because it is almost impossible to control your eating when you feel that you have no control over it. I am trying to remind myself that this is a WOE and WOL which I am choosing to do in order to be healthy and feel better about myself. Today, I got a nice compliment which I really needed, and is one of those NSV's that keeps you going. Good luck to all -- having supportive people to share the ups and downs with really keeps you on track.
yes it has to be a WOE forever, not a "diet" and that's what scares me the most about maintainance. I want to succeed at keeping the weight off. I even adjusted my original goal from 140 to 135 for a weight-gain-cushion of 5lbs. Gosh I'm ever the pessimist.

The compliments are nice!! I like them too :-)
Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

hyonlyf
I, too, think of a diet as a temporary thing that has a beginning and an end. That is why I have to remind myself that this is a WOE/WOL (especially after a bad day). As for maintenance, you will be glad that you posted a lot on this board if you get off track. Then, you can go back & read all of your posts which will remind you of what you were doing right previously.

I had low carb yogurt with raw almonds for breakfast; ham and cheese roll ups for lunch; and will have edamame or tuna for dinner. It's amazing how good I feel about myself when I make the right choices. One of my struggles is eating out with my friends. Either I end up eating too much because of peer pressure, or they end up feeling bad about what they are eating and asking me if I am judging them (for eating several slices of pizza or a cheeseburger with fries and chocolate milkshake). All of my friends love to eat as much as I used to!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre94 View Post
Hello Fellow Gulf Coastee, thanks for your response.

My Medi nurse returned my call because I reported that I had diarreha yesterday, haven't had much sleep for two nights, and was dizzy and had tunnel vision this morning. She asked that I cut out one of the AS, all of the fat burner and colon cleanse to see if my problem is related to the 10 pills that I am taking (along with my four regular meds). Also, my cardio doctor doubled my cholesterol med. On my first visit, I did tell her that I am very sensitive to meds. I wanted to try whatever will work to help get this weight off. If I can't use that stuff, I will just have to work harder at the diet and exercise. I think that I need the accountability but it is sad to pay so much money for what I used to just do it. This old girl ain't what she used to be and lack the motivation to do what I need to do on my own.

I transferred to the coast five years ago and said that I would take one month to enjoy all of the good seafood and southern cooking. Well, I didn't put the brakes on after one month as planned. I fit in nicely in the fattest state in the union.

Have a great weight lost day.

Bre
Bre are you going to OS clinic too?
Old 11-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Bre are you going to OS clinic too?

Yes I am
Old 11-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Only have a minute. Down ANOTHER 2.5 pounds for a total of 53 pounds lost in 16 weeks. Off for 10 days of vacation/visiting family and friends. Going to surprise my daughter who hasn't seen me this light in 20 years. Thanks all and keep up the good work. ALL of us!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I am
Ha I figured as much! I have seen a couple of OS people here on the boards too.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Only have a minute. Down ANOTHER 2.5 pounds for a total of 53 pounds lost in 16 weeks. Off for 10 days of vacation/visiting family and friends. Going to surprise my daughter who hasn't seen me this light in 20 years. Thanks all and keep up the good work. ALL of us!
Woohoo! Hope you have a great trip and can't wait to hear about the reaction you get when they see you!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Ha I figured as much! I have seen a couple of OS people here on the boards too.
Are you someone that I already know who goes to OS also.

I can't believe that so many people from my workplace go to OS and Mobile and I didn't hear about it until I kept questioning one of the ladies who dropped weight dramatically in what I thought was a short time. The last time she came in our office to sell purses, I told her that we need to have a meeting when she was done doing business. I took her behind closed doors and asked her point blank what she was doing because I need help. She filled me in and I investigated the heck out of it. Last week, I decided that I shouldn't put it off any longer. I have tried everything else and I didn't see the result that I see in others at my job.

Later all
Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
I hope that everyone is getting prepared for the holiday. Remember to keep motivated, stay goal oriented, and that a piece of pumpkin pie isn't worth a stalled weight loss!! Let's keep on track!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Are you someone that I already know who goes to OS also.

I can't believe that so many people from my workplace go to OS and Mobile and I didn't hear about it until I kept questioning one of the ladies who dropped weight dramatically in what I thought was a short time. The last time she came in our office to sell purses, I told her that we need to have a meeting when she was done doing business. I took her behind closed doors and asked her point blank what she was doing because I need help. She filled me in and I investigated the heck out of it. Last week, I decided that I shouldn't put it off any longer. I have tried everything else and I didn't see the result that I see in others at my job.

Later all
Yes I investigated too :-) My kids go to school here and the entire staff was shrinking so I asked what was going on, then our entire church congregation was diminishing in size and I had to ask what they were all doing to lose weight . The answer was the same-MEDI. The clencher was my good friend doing it successfully so then I signed up September 1st and have lost over 30lbs and I have to say it has been relatively painless. Message me here and I'll give you my name and FB name if you are interested, if not I understand.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I hope that everyone is getting prepared for the holiday. Remember to keep motivated, stay goal oriented, and that a piece of pumpkin pie isn't worth a stalled weight loss!! Let's keep on track!

TOO LATE!! I ate 1/2 a cupcake at my child's Thanksgiving feast at school and it was guilty goodness, butter pecan flavored with nuts. I also ate lots of turkey breast, ONE bite of stuffing, some broccoli and cheese sauce-about 1/4 cup (I had made that). I will walk/jog 45 minutes tonight. Won't help my ketosis status but will help my calories.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone know if Medi will let you go in to a center and buy products even if you're not an active member? I love the chocolate protein bars and want to grab some to have for dessert over the holidays.

Barb
Old 11-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Does anyone know if Medi will let you go in to a center and buy products even if you're not an active member? I love the chocolate protein bars and want to grab some to have for dessert over the holidays.

Barb
I don't know, but I know that when I looked at their website before I started, you could buy some products there. It may ask you at some point if you're an active member, but it looked like there were some products you could buy without logging into the members site.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #118
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes I investigated too :-) My kids go to school here and the entire staff was shrinking so I asked what was going on, then our entire church congregation was diminishing in size and I had to ask what they were all doing to lose weight . The answer was the same-MEDI. The clencher was my good friend doing it successfully so then I signed up September 1st and have lost over 30lbs and I have to say it has been relatively painless. Message me here and I'll give you my name and FB name if you are interested, if not I understand.

Great, I certainly will email you but I must first get those last 10 posts. I'm very tired tonight, so I'm hitting the bed early.

Nite all
Old 11-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
I don't know, but I know that when I looked at their website before I started, you could buy some products there. It may ask you at some point if you're an active member, but it looked like there were some products you could buy without logging into the members site.
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #120
Junior LCF Member

In ketosis yesterday YIPEEEEEEEE
Closed Thread