Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Happy November everyone! Halloween was EASY living out here in the country.......NO kids coming by, so I didn't have to buy any candy! BTW Rachel, your costume is very cute and you look great!

We're getting ready to go on a 7 day cruise (our first) over Thanksgiving. I've maintained my weight of 144-146 for many months now. I work out at the gym several times a week, and my eating is pretty well established. I don't even THINK about potatoes, or pasta any more. Bread isn't really much of a problem either, so between all the walking, and the gym on the ship I think I'll be fine......we're not really into lounging on a beach......we only live 15 min from the beach so we can (and do) go any time we want, but rarely just lounge.
Just had to tell you, my daughter walked by the computer as I was reading your post. She asked why the lady was holding the big pants. I explained that you used to fit in them but you have lost alot of weight. She was like "Wow, that's amazing! She is so tiny now." Out of the mouths of babes.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Great post, Rachel. I have 6 1/2 weeks left of grad school....up to my eyeballs in projects and papers and really not doing well with MWL WOE. No time for exercise, in fact, little time for sleep!! I'll be back!!

Stick with it everybody!!
Hang in there Deb. The end is in sight!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Great idea, Mary! I donated a few weeks ago and the nurse checking my blood said, WOW, your hematocrit number is amazing! If I'm remembering right, that measures the iron in my blood. Yep, protein!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Just had to tell you, my daughter walked by the computer as I was reading your post. She asked why the lady was holding the big pants. I explained that you used to fit in them but you have lost alot of weight. She was like "Wow, that's amazing! She is so tiny now." Out of the mouths of babes.
OMG that really made my day!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, and give your daughter a hug for me too!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: N2LowCarb
I just need to vent today. Lately, I have been having a hard time sticking with this WOE. I have slowly been creaping up over the past year and am currently about 14 pounds above my lowest weight. I'm big on NSV's and try to remind myself of them often, but that isn't working for me like it has in the past. The best thing I can say is that I am still wearing the same size clothing as I was in at my lowest point. The only reason for this is that I have been working out religiously over the past year & have added some muscle mass. The real problem is that my job has slowed way down, and I get bored trying to fill up an 8 hour day. I end up snacking often which isn't too bad when it is cheese or something high in protein, but lately I am eating frozen yogurt and today, a donut. This website has helped a lot in the past so I thought I would come back and try to get back on track.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Good for you to realize you are slipping and make the decision to intervene before it's too late. I agree, I'm only 10 weeks in and find it harder to keep this WOE and worry about the long-term. I hope some of the successful "old-timers" have some words of wisdom for you!!

Staying at home IS harder than being at work as far as snacking goes.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I so agree about staying home being harder than out working all day. Of course, I used to use either as an excuse when I wanted to eat...ie. working all day was stressful, no time to plan blah blah. N2 good for you for coming here to get back on track. I am still at the losing stage..the "exciting" stage, if you will. I worry about the maintenance stage and the long term commitment to change. Hang out here and lets get through this together.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Weigh in today. (Bear with my obnoxious happiness...other than my husband and the clinic, I only come here to share after a weigh in.) Today was the first time that one of the clinic people was more visibly excited than even I was! She told me that she looked at my chart before I arrived, saw that I had averaged almost 3 pounds a week for 3 weeks and was all ready to encourage me when I showed up with at best, a 1 pound loss. (Which she said would be very normal during these weeks of week 12 through 15)

Instead, I lost not only 3.6 pounds but 3 pounds of that was fat! .6 water. That's when she looked at me and said, "this is crazy! what are you doing??"

Uh..."the program." 19 pounds to go, 50.5 pounds lost in 15 weeks. Praying for the strength to keep on. Wish I had known about this sooner...or at least listened to my brother, who once weighed 406 pounds and now weighs 150 pounds and has for years. Once in awhile he would murmur something about "low carbs."

Again, thanks for letting me come here and ....this is an intense program and its so nice to have others to talk to.

Going to visit friends and family over 11 days next Friday. Especially worried about the first 3 days when I will be with friends who live in the country and do not have alot of money....I do NOT want to ask for extra "protein" so will have to do some planning and stealth dieting.

Keep up the good work everyone! Alot of my motivation comes from you....
Old 11-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
MaraMom Great job with your accomplishments you are doing fantastic! I would recommed that you bring some "meal replacements" along with you for your adventure if possible. EASAdvantage shakes carbcontrol are great meal replacements, as well as, powercrunch protein bars. Bring a long some portion control packs of nuts too? I'm thinking of things that you can pack that don't require refridgeration. If you can plan to replace at least 1 of your meals a day with one of those, then you can get your protein intake while keeping low-calorie.
I don't know your comfort level with the people you plan to visit; however, I have found that when people know I am on a "physician prescribed diet" they are very accomodating in making sure that I have the appropriate foods to eat.
N2lowcarb sounds like you have reached your "panic weight". Weight maintenance is really the hardest part of this program, from all of the reading that I have done, as well as personal conversations with physicians. You know what you need to do, right? You've got to do a week 1 I know that noone here likes the idea of protein fasting only; however, you have got to purge the carbs, so that your cravings will decreased. If you can't do it for an entire week, at least aim for 4 days. You know how to lose weight, you have already done that. It's remembering why you wanted to in the first place. How is your life better since you have lost the weight? How did you feel at your goal weight? How are you feeling now? (like you are failing, disappointed in yourself, powerless to the office donuts?) Those are not good feelings. You will feel so much better, once you take back control of your eating. It's great that you are recongnizing this now, especially with the holidays approaching. You don't want to reach new year's and realize that you are 25lbs above your goal!?!
We are all here for support, to be encouraged, to get ideas. This is a safe place, this is where you can come when you need help! This is a very difficult time of year. Let's remember why we all embarked on this journey initially, and try to keep our focus. Self-loathing about eating unhealthy, eating out of control, being powerless to food is not how you deserve to feel. We all deserve to feel happy, proud, confident, and in control of ourselves.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
MaraMom Great job with your accomplishments you are doing fantastic! I would recommed that you bring some "meal replacements" along with you for your adventure if possible. EASAdvantage shakes carbcontrol are great meal replacements, as well as, powercrunch protein bars. Bring a long some portion control packs of nuts too? I'm thinking of things that you can pack that don't require refridgeration. If you can plan to replace at least 1 of your meals a day with one of those, then you can get your protein intake while keeping low-calorie.
I don't know your comfort level with the people you plan to visit; however, I have found that when people know I am on a "physician prescribed diet" they are very accomodating in making sure that I have the appropriate foods to eat.
N2lowcarb sounds like you have reached your "panic weight". Weight maintenance is really the hardest part of this program, from all of the reading that I have done, as well as personal conversations with physicians. You know what you need to do, right? You've got to do a week 1 I know that noone here likes the idea of protein fasting only; however, you have got to purge the carbs, so that your cravings will decreased. If you can't do it for an entire week, at least aim for 4 days. You know how to lose weight, you have already done that. It's remembering why you wanted to in the first place. How is your life better since you have lost the weight? How did you feel at your goal weight? How are you feeling now? (like you are failing, disappointed in yourself, powerless to the office donuts?) Those are not good feelings. You will feel so much better, once you take back control of your eating. It's great that you are recongnizing this now, especially with the holidays approaching. You don't want to reach new year's and realize that you are 25lbs above your goal!?!
We are all here for support, to be encouraged, to get ideas. This is a safe place, this is where you can come when you need help! This is a very difficult time of year. Let's remember why we all embarked on this journey initially, and try to keep our focus. Self-loathing about eating unhealthy, eating out of control, being powerless to food is not how you deserve to feel. We all deserve to feel happy, proud, confident, and in control of ourselves.
You are SOOO right!! "It's the most difficult time of the year"....ha ha sung as that Christmas favorite, Most Wonderful Time of the Year. The food during the holidays is just so glorious and delicious :-) I agree, we need to think back to what brought us here and stay on track.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Down 3.4lbs of fat last week! Yeah!! Even went up in body mass. Almost to the half way point!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:08 AM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre94
Stats: 5'7.5" 240/237.5/165
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: (restarting for the 3rd or 4th time) 11/15/13

Hello All, my 1st visit to the Medi clinic is Monday the 14th at 3:30pm and I'm very excited. Any suggestion on what foods I can buy ahead at the grocery store today when I'm not burned out from work. I could have my safe foods on hands and not eat the wrong foods because they are convenient. I do know that I will be contributing to the holiday food baskets at work this coming week. There are lots of things that I need to get out of my cabinets. Like the high sodium soups and sugar filled items.

Also, where do I go to add the stats that I see on others post. I looked in 'edit options' and could not see what I needed to do.

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

p.s. Let me know if this is not the right place for newbies to post.

Bre
Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre94 View Post
Hello All, my 1st visit to the Medi clinic is Monday the 14th at 3:30pm and I'm very excited. Any suggestion on what foods I can buy ahead at the grocery store today when I'm not burned out from work. I could have my safe foods on hands and not eat the wrong foods because they are convenient. I do know that I will be contributing to the holiday food baskets at work this coming week. There are lots of things that I need to get out of my cabinets. Like the high sodium soups and sugar filled items.

Also, where do I go to add the stats that I see on others post. I looked in 'edit options' and could not see what I needed to do.

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

p.s. Let me know if this is not the right place for newbies to post.

Bre

This is the PERFECT place to post BUT.......I would ALSO suggest you read, read, read and post to the thread for 1st week Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1 - #2 as well as reading some of the monthly threads (you won't be able to post to any past month's thread, but there is a lot of good info out there) Also read and post to the energy in and energy out thread. It will give you good ideas of what other people eat.......go back several months or a year when it was more active Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise)

Most of the people who were VERY active on these boards when I first started, still drop by and read questions etc, BUT they usually only have time to read each months thread, and say they don't spend much time on the individual threads unless a topic really "catches their eye". Read back through some of the older posts and I'll bet you'll find LOTS of great info and ideas. Also don't forget to read the recipe threads. and Talk to the people at your clinic.....even if they don't always seem eager to GIVE info.....you're paying them for their time, so IF you have questions ask away

Again WELCOME!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 11-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
Welcome Bre94 !

I hope this helps re: entering/posting stats:

Go back to your profile page.

Click on "User Control Panel" (on the left in the blue bar near the top)

Then click on "Edit Your Details" (on the left)

Then scroll down to "Additional Information".
Below that you should see "Stats", where you can enter your weight/height information.
Then when your weight drops, you can go back and edit your current weight number.

Congratulations to everybody here on your weight loss and success !
I started MWL Nov. 4th.
On Thanksgiving, I plan to eat turkey, maybe a little turkey skin (zero carbs), a cup of vegetables.......and I plan to have one bite from husband's pumpkin pie slice....and I'll be done.

I don't want to derail my momentum too much.

I plan to be at goal by my birthday, which is May 20th.
About 60 lbs.....I may lower my goal after I get to my current one.
Considering the success I've seen that others have had, I shouldn't have any problem doing that.
I am exercising 5 days a week also....and make sure I get all the fluids in.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
Today is my 3 months anniversary on MWL, and also the day I made it to 50s lost. So incredible to say that.

This is also the first week I've been at it on my own ... Between my dental issues, my brakes, my husband's tires and the impending holidays I just can't swing it for awhile.

I did just fine, although finding some kind of OTC help for appetite control would be helpful.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post
Today is my 3 months anniversary on MWL, and also the day I made it to 50s lost. So incredible to say that.

This is also the first week I've been at it on my own ... Between my dental issues, my brakes, my husband's tires and the impending holidays I just can't swing it for awhile.

I did just fine, although finding some kind of OTC help for appetite control would be helpful.
Congrats on hitting that 50 lb loss!!! That is a major milestone!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post

WTG!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Mary and Twisted Suze, I have been reading and reading. Thanks for the welcome, encouragement and information. I am so excited, I almost can wait until 3:30 tomorrow for my 1st appointment.

All, hang in there.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
I bought 2 pairs of pants (same style, 2 colors) last weekend and wore one pair this week. I decided I need to take the other pair back and get the next smallest size. They stretched a little when I wore them so between that and more weight loss, they aren't going to fit long!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Wow, so much postive low-carb energy on the boards this week. I love it!

Congrats on the losses jbjb, maramom and christy!! I hope you are doing something great for yourselves to celebrate the 50lb milestone.

Keep shopping Michelynn and enjoy your skinny clothes!

Welcome Bre!

Barb
Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Weigh in today. (Bear with my obnoxious happiness...other than my husband and the clinic, I only come here to share after a weigh in.) Today was the first time that one of the clinic people was more visibly excited than even I was! She told me that she looked at my chart before I arrived, saw that I had averaged almost 3 pounds a week for 3 weeks and was all ready to encourage me when I showed up with at best, a 1 pound loss. (Which she said would be very normal during these weeks of week 12 through 15)

Instead, I lost not only 3.6 pounds but 3 pounds of that was fat! .6 water. That's when she looked at me and said, "this is crazy! what are you doing??"

Uh..."the program." 19 pounds to go, 50.5 pounds lost in 15 weeks. Praying for the strength to keep on. Wish I had known about this sooner...or at least listened to my brother, who once weighed 406 pounds and now weighs 150 pounds and has for years. Once in awhile he would murmur something about "low carbs."

Again, thanks for letting me come here and ....this is an intense program and its so nice to have others to talk to.

Going to visit friends and family over 11 days next Friday. Especially worried about the first 3 days when I will be with friends who live in the country and do not have alot of money....I do NOT want to ask for extra "protein" so will have to do some planning and stealth dieting.

Keep up the good work everyone! Alot of my motivation comes from you....
Maramom - I have found it helps to bring something that everyone can have with you, too. A couple of times in the last year when staying with friends I have offered to bring breakfast and made big crustless quiches. Everyone can have them for breakfast and I can have them whenever I need something. Of course, this only works of you're driving and can take a cooler. I also brought turkey pepperoni and low-fat cheese and crackers. I just skip the crackers. I hope you enjoy your visits and keep up the great work!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas. I will pack food for a long day of travel on Friday and make sure my suitcase has a pack of protein bars, almonds etc. I find that eating low carb/high protein really is such a natural appetite suppressant. Does anyone else notice this? Even when I am "really hungry" its a duller ache without the shakiness or even nausea that accompanies being "really hungry" when I am eating alot of carbs.

Guess I worry about that the most....even if I manage to stay low calorie while away, I don't want the carbs to trigger the old way of getting hungry. At any rate, its only 3 days with my friends and 6 days with my daughter...she will be easy to work with. Not that my friends wouldnt be easy, I just don't want to burden them with any special requests.

Its all good....
Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas. I will pack food for a long day of travel on Friday and make sure my suitcase has a pack of protein bars, almonds etc. I find that eating low carb/high protein really is such a natural appetite suppressant. Does anyone else notice this? Even when I am "really hungry" its a duller ache without the shakiness or even nausea that accompanies being "really hungry" when I am eating alot of carbs.

Guess I worry about that the most....even if I manage to stay low calorie while away, I don't want the carbs to trigger the old way of getting hungry. At any rate, its only 3 days with my friends and 6 days with my daughter...she will be easy to work with. Not that my friends wouldnt be easy, I just don't want to burden them with any special requests.

Its all good....
I totally agree with you about feeling less hungry when eating low carb. I find that when I'm in ketosis, everything feels so much easier. Of course getting into and staying in ketosis is the hard part for me!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
OMG that really made my day!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, and give your daughter a hug for me too!
Hello Mary,

How/where do I add the signature/tickerfactory thingy. Or, do you add it everytime you post all though I don't you would have to.

Thanks,
Bre
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 9/6/11
Lost 1.6 pounds this week -- 2 pounds fat!

I haven't been at this weight in about 13 years!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Spent my money yesterday, went shopping for food and I'm pumped, I think. So far so good this morning. Must get electrolytes and broth before the headaches start.

Questions? Can I use olive oil and flax seed oil? Haven't seen that in any of my paperwork, but I'm still reading. Also, does anyone have a brokedown for that little chart on the ketone strips container. I can't see that crap because it's too small. After the 4th day test, do you test every day or every 4th day from then on.

I had my turkey sausage patty and cottage cheese this morning. Took all of my meds and I'm just waiting for things to happen. I feel the pounds dropping off (is that positive or what). Couldn't find any plain greek yogurt last night. But that's okay, I will continue to look because I love that stuff.

I'm babbling, probably because I haven't occupied myself with food this morning.

Still trying to figure out how to add the 'TickerFactory' thingy.

Have a happy weight loss day all.

Bre

Oh yeah, one bad thing that happened while I was waiting in the lobby for my Medi appointment. My cardiologist's office called to tell me that he wants me to double my meds because he doesn't like the numbers (blood pressure and cholesterol) although I lost a few pounds since I saw him on Nov. 2. Oh well, that's only temporary because I'm on a mission to get off of this mess.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Argh! Pies all over at work. Going to leave! They did a Thanksgiving lunch and I didn't go but they brought all these pies back.

Good news! Had dinner with friends last night and my loss was noticed. Yeah!!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
Argh! Pies all over at work. Going to leave! They did a Thanksgiving lunch and I didn't go but they brought all these pies back.

Good news! Had dinner with friends last night and my loss was noticed. Yeah!!
Isn't it nice when people notice?!?

I made a delicious LOOKING ha ha pineapple upside down cake for work today. So far have resisted, but oh my it looks good.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

I'm scared, this day has gone by to easily. I had a hard time eating 500 calories. I suppose that once I get my meals planned out, it will be much better. I slept so good last night and am wondering if the B1/B6 and B12 shots are the reasonfor it? This is something that I probably needed for years. Normally, I only sleep 3-4 hours and that's not good.

Also, I found the answer to my question about the signature (25 days and 25 posts).

Have a good night, I'm out of here.

Bre
Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Hello to Everyone and Welcome to those of you who have just started:

I wanted to give a quick update I went and had a long talk with my MD and she is going to do some extra test for my thyroid, I guess there are indepth test beside the standard thyroid test. I will be having that on Friday. She is not quite sure why my weight is not going down, I hope this will help her, I know that I am hypothyroid and taking meds for that but there may be another med to help this along. I have been sticking to the Medi way and have been getting in my exercise 5 days a week. I love to see everyone with such postive news and insight. I will keep you posted.

Cathy
Closed Thread