Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kcessna
Stats: 250/250/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Soon
Newbie Completely

I have been researching the crap out of this plan for the last few days. I feel that this is the best solution for me.

I am 21 years old, and have the rest of my life to stay healthy. I have some questions..

Will my clinic work with me regarding payments? I live paycheck to paycheck.

Will I have to give up alcohol for the entirety?

I'm nervous about doing this, but excited.

Thanks for any advice, tips and help~!
kcessna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fghtffyrdmns
Stats: 198/154/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11.29.10
Alright so! Instead of going every week, let your clinic know your situation. I go everything two weeks, so it's 140 a month for me minimum. If I get the B6 shot then it's an additional 10 dollars per shot, the B12/MIC is included.

The clinic here charges an additional 10 dollars if you want to get Phendimetrazine instead of Phentermine, because we have to go to Walgreens to get the Phendimetrazine and it's a dispensing fee. Anyways, I don't know if your clinic does that so it might not even matter!

For the first week, you have to give up alcohol! Just 7 days, let your body get into ketosis. After the 7 days, you'll have lost weight, and then talk with your nutritionist about drinking. Particularly, most alcohol doesn't have carbs. Vodka is 80 calories a shot, so just see what your calorie allotment for alcohol is and you'll be fine.

So if you think you can afford 140 a month, then go for it. It is so worth it. NOTHING has worked for me, and I'm young as well. If you have trouble losing weight NOW at 21 like I do, believe me, this will work for you. Also I've noticed not eating carbs clears up your skin nicely.

Good luck and keep me updated,

Christina
fghtffyrdmns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: team
Stats: 374/360.5/180
Start Date: October 2011
kcessna,
as strange as this may seem for me to have "accidently" looked at your stats below your name, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I just started MWL and live around CS... so I'm going to your clinic. Hang in there and maybe we can motivate each other. I'm in day 6 of week 1 and go back on Friday.

Last edited by team; 10-11-2011 at 09:20 AM..
team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hndfulprls
Stats: 285/262/225
Start Date: August 31, 2011
I tried to do the every other week thing and my clinic would not let me while on the appetite supressant.

Kepp and ey on Groupn. My clinic told me they are going to do one real soon, may do it where you are too. I actually got my start through Living Social. They had a deal, one month including injections, supplements and shots for $120. Heck of a deal.
Hndfulprls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
I also got started with Living Social.

I want to tell you that this is the first diet I have stuck to, this is the most weight I have ever lost, and I love that it won't take me more than a year to reach my goal!

I have learned a lot about what I've been eatting wrong, I've found new things I can eat (have a nutrasweet allergy), and I'm not hungry.

I haven't drank alcohol until this week - I had a miller lite! I haven't done any hard liquor as I haven't looked into drinks I would like that don't use sodas. And I love wine, so that has been a little tough.

Be sure and check out the recipes here. There are some great cooks! Just remember that all are not medi-friendly.

Good luck and let us know!
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hndfulprls
Stats: 285/262/225
Start Date: August 31, 2011
I have not had a beer since I started, but have had Grey Goose and Club Soda on the weekends. Also very minimal wine which is really hard because I admit I love a good wine. The eating part has been fairly easy for me, but I like a nice cocktail.
Hndfulprls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

i have lost 7 lns in 3 days I am feeling for the first time in control with the assistance of appetite suppressants.
I am a teacher and know what it is like to live paycheck to paycheck but honestly i live on so much LESS food and to me, where I used to have 2 beers a night I am now having one once a week only I am saving money on booze and food and fast food so I figure it assists in paying for medi.
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: craze4life08
Stats: 250/250/165
Start Date: 12/12/11
I started yesterday! I'm feeling okay. 500 calories is a lot of protein.

I feel like things are going to be boring. I have had the same thing for dinner as I had for lunch.

I've had extra lean ground beef, with cheese.

Shrimp with Mrs. Dash seasoning grilled (MY FAVORITE!!)

And eggs.

I'm so picky, all I like is chicken and beef. So I'm really worried. Any tips??

thanks!
craze4life08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandinga80
Stats: 185/154/105
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by craze4life08 View Post
I started yesterday! I'm feeling okay. 500 calories is a lot of protein.

I feel like things are going to be boring. I have had the same thing for dinner as I had for lunch.

I've had extra lean ground beef, with cheese.

Shrimp with Mrs. Dash seasoning grilled (MY FAVORITE!!)

And eggs.

I'm so picky, all I like is chicken and beef. So I'm really worried. Any tips??

thanks!
Egg white omelettes with turkey are great fast meals, also Jennie o turkey burgers and jimmy dean turkey sausage links are great protein choices too... Also vary how you prepare the chicken....maybe one night make a dry rub out of spices and grill it.... Then next time get some bone in breasts and roast them in the oven? Just some ideas that helped me through week 1, good luck!

Sandra
Sandinga80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

thanks for the tips!

I bought some ranch rub and it's no carb and 5 calories, which is the equivalent to Crystal Light which is allowed, I'm going to try it on my chicken!

PS: Does it get easier after the first week?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DiniRN
Stats: 236.2/222.5/160
Start Date: 12/16/2011
I just finished week 1 and the last few days were hard! I don't like eggs or fish so I was really limited. I was so tired of lunch meat and chicken. I did my cottage cheese daily and did find the turkey sausage helpful.

It wasn't hard to limit the protein calories, because I was so sick of protein by the end of the day that often I'd have to force myself to eat more because I was lacking 100 calories. I was told I wasn't allowed to have cheese yet though, so I stayed away from that and am so glad I can have it again!

Nervous about eating the veggies and stuff now, but honestly my calorie intake and carb intake is going to be so drastically lower than it used to be how can I not continue to loose? And with the help of the appetite suppresant and the supplements...I know I can do this!

Lost 8.8.lbs the first week!! Not as much as some but I like it!
DiniRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandinga80
Stats: 185/154/105
Start Date: December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by craze4life08 View Post
thanks for the tips!

I bought some ranch rub and it's no carb and 5 calories, which is the equivalent to Crystal Light which is allowed, I'm going to try it on my chicken!

PS: Does it get easier after the first week?
Good call on the ranch rub! I LOVE ranch so I will have to try this ASAP....and yes, it gets easier because it becomes a habit. You'll start to memorize how many cals are in this, how many are in that....it is like second nature to me now....also the biggest thing that has helped me is that I never take for granted, (this is even more important than the pounds you lose and the loose clothes, in my opinion) how much better I FEEL. I feel so much healthier and energetic and it's only my third week. I know it's because of this diet and that is what motivates me to stay on track. So be sure to take a minute now and then and analyze how you feel now vs how you felt before medi....that should definitely make it easier knowing you're doing something good for yourself!
Sandinga80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys

Keep up the good work. I'm anxious for Friday so I can see how I did.

But dang, it's hard eating protein. I almost gagged trying to eat more turkey for lunch. But I found this sausage that has no carbs! It was in our fridge, and I cooked some of that!! And my shrimp. I love it.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
kcessna, crazy4life08, and team !
I'm in College Station, also.

I'm so glad to find you !
I was hoping to find someone local on MWL.

My weigh-in was today and I wasn't sure I'd lost at all with Christmas in the middle of the week, buit I lost 1.5 lbs.
Just all the holiday goings on is disruptive to getting all the water in (cold weather doesn't help) and meal times get jumbled.
Now it'll be back down to a dull roar and I can get on with losing more than
1 lb. a week.

I can say that doing some kind of exercise is absolutely essential to really making this program work. Even if it's nothing more than walking for 30 minutes a day.
I kind of slacked off with that the 2nd week of Dec......and I can't afford to not do what I can to help MWL's diet work the way it should.
I, too, read everything I could find online about MWL before deciding to try it.
Lots of links come up with google.
I even found out how it got started.

I wish there was a way to send private messages here. I don't want to post my email in a public board......but I wouldn't mind having a local diet friend to talk with. A friend of mine here is also dieting but she's on Jenny Craig.
I hope she has luck with it.....
I'd "been there" and wasn't going back.

I'm also a Weight Watcher lifetime member from the 70's.

Anyway, I hope everyone here has a great week !
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I would give up alcohol as much as possible.
It will only slow down your weight loss.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

9lbs MY FIRST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5 was fat, the rest water.

I'm sooo happy!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Hey, That's a great kick-start !

Go into your profile and change your weight in your stats each week.

Something else that's fun is to start linking paperclips or anything you can link individually for each lb. lost and watch it grow.....drape it over things, or hang it from a high spot.

Last edited by Twisted Suze; 12-30-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dccc
Best for grilling. Get Grillmate rubs for chicken, pork and steak. All delicious.
dccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
Start Date: 9/30/10
I lost 96 pounds in six months on Medi.. I have never lost that much that fast. So far I am doing pretty good at keeping it off. I still have to work at it and always will but when I gain a few I am learing to go back to protein for a while. When I gain more than a few I go be to medi and refocus. It is so easy... and really in about three weeks your cravings for the carb goes away. Remember that at shot of vodka is 80 calories but a half of a shot is 40 and make a very nice drink.. the less you weight the less it takes! and a fourth of a shot is 20 that is how I survive. How much does it cost.. can I be happy with half? or a third?? It is expensive but it is nothing to the thousands that diabetes meds, shots, bloold pressure meds, heart meds and open heart opeation or stints cost it is a small price to pay.. my A1c is 5.2 whooo hooo it was 12 when I first discovered I was diabetic. I was on a pump!! NO more. I love medi my clinic will work with us on 2 weeks after about the first 8 weeks especially if you do good and have a lot to loose. Don't give up
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you have a good handle on things, stownsend.
Congratulations on your success !

I find medi to be easy to live with - I feel good on it - and it works better than I hoped for.....
Felt jinxed on some other programs, but I think they just had too many carbs.
Another 7 lbs. and I'm half way there !
Old 01-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

1st day down!

Hello all..well I started the plan today.. it was a pretty good day..drinking lots of water and taking lots of pills!! I couldn't eat lunch because the smoked salmon did not taste good to me. I took in 511 calories today. I did not take the appetite suppressant prescribed but wondering if I should? I don't want to feel jittery..I hate that feeling. My issue is going to be unable to drink alcohol as my husband and I enjoy having a drink in the evenings. (just one). I can see how this is going to be a lifestyle change with the low carb thing, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I have about 50 lbs to lose and hoping this program is going to be the one that helps! I go in tuesday for another injection. I can use some tips on foods for the first week that can replace some other protein. Thanks for your help
lindaincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

lindaincalifornia,
I get tired of chicken/turkey Very easily, so the first week I ate chicken only twice and the rest of the time it was eggs, beef, shrimp or catfish.
I like cottage cheese so it was easy to use that for protein as well.

About the alcohol, I'll just say that for most people the first month is going to be your biggest loss month and it only happens that one time.
Also I know for me, my biggest week is the first week that first month.
Since alcohol is a depressant and will only slow your metabolism down, focus on the fact that your first month will be your biggest loss month and you only get that one shot at maximizing that.

I know that was my motivation the first month to do everything as close to perfect as I could.

Hope my 2 cents helps....and Good Luck !!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

So help.

I went to Atlanta the first week in January and blew my diet, and I've blown it since, I had a apt friday but I skipped it because I couldn't afford it and now I'm scared if I call they won't take me back because it'll be 3 weeks from my last visit if I go this coming Friday.

Any advice??

I wanna stay on track and get back there, but I'm scared my clinic hates me.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMomma
Stats: 165.6/124.6/125
WOE: Medi 1-9-11
You cant get help if you dont go. I am sure they will be glad to help you!
MiniMomma is offline   Reply With Quote