Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Please help me (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/738060-please-help-me.html)

th3js 10-01-2011 03:10 PM

Please help me

I had my first visit at medi yesterday and I am at a loss. I spent a ton of $$ at the clinic but i am just at a loss. I have read over the materials but what I really need is a sample menu for the week. Just a general, basic menu - chicken, cheese, etc. I bought a few shakes while I was there. Can someone give me some ideas?

city-gal 10-01-2011 04:44 PM

Hello :shake:
It is confusing at first on week one you should eat only protein. Each clinic is diffrent but my clinic also allowed cheese and Nuts.

Sample day
Medi shake 110 2 carbs (sometimes I used unsweet Almond milk)
Snack Egg or 100 calorie almonds is 2 carbs (Egg = 70 calories 0 carbs)Lunch Chicken ( I bought a rotisserie chicken from Sams) 3 oz (105 calories)
snack Medi bar100 calories 5 carbs
dinner 3 oz chicken 105/ 0 carbs
Day total 520 and 7 carbs

How many calories/ Carbs did they tell you to eat?

The first week is the hardest. Write everything down and make sure to drink lots of water!! Every 25 pounds overweight you have to add 8 oz of water. Also make sure to drink something like powerade zero. Good luck! you can do it! :hugs:

th3js 10-02-2011 03:43 AM

Thank you!! The encouragement is so NEEDED. They said I could eat 700 calories a day.

MaraMom 10-02-2011 07:34 AM

Week one is tough not just because you are only eating protein but because your body is going cold turkey on carbs. Some people have headaches, fatigue etc. I rarely ever get headaches but had one every afternoon. I would take an ibuprofen and sip a mug of chicken broth and it would go away. Rest alot and just be really nice to yourself! You are doing a good thing for yourself. You will feel better the second week and probably feel GREAT by the beginning of the third week.
But yes, stick to protein only the first week. I think there is a thread here for grocery ideas for week one. I'm sorry your clinic did not give you a better idea of what to eat. Don't forget you can buy a yummy rotessiere chicken at your favorite grocery store (walmarts is good too), discard the skin and weigh out some every day towards your 700 calories.
Hope your week gets better!

jbjb93 10-02-2011 08:50 AM

I like Oscar Meyer Carving Board ham and roast beef. I also got broasted chicken breast from the deli and separated it into 3oz bags to grab and go.
A digital scale is very helpful. I got mine at Walmart for $34.
Frigo low fat string cheese. Only 1 a day though. Laughing Cow cheese, but only the 35 calorie ones. LC is good cooked with an egg!
Look thru the recipe board - but keep in mind all are not MWL friendly. Other plans may not watch calories and fat.
Stick with it! Read the boards! When you go for you first weigh in you will be happy. And let us know!

hyonlyf 10-02-2011 10:36 AM

Biggest tip, go back and read these boards! Soooo many questions answered, great food ideas and helpful tips to get through that first week. I personally thought it wasn't too bad, no headaches, no fatigue, but definite hunger.

Stay the course, it works.

ferrarimomof3 10-02-2011 11:25 AM

I agree with all that has been said. Keep up the work and know that you are worth it and can do it. The first week is rough and then you make it to second week and get something besides proteins and it is a whole different world. You will see the scale move and the improvements in your body and health. Just make sure to follow the plan, ask questions of your clinic when you fill you need to, see the doctor when you fill you need to (you are paying for their services), and come back here for encouragement and support. This board has been invaluable to me and many others. After all we know what you are going through on the plan.

As far as food, I ate eggs, Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage, Dannon low carb yogurt, Low fat cheese, lots of fish, chicken, ground turkey, and Oscar Mayer smoked turkey sausage. Just try and find things you enjoy that are on plan. I promise you will find things.

Keep up the good work.

th3js 10-03-2011 04:05 PM

You ladies have been so helpful. today has been rought but I think I'm staying on task. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

th3js 10-04-2011 12:54 AM

I started kind of setting aside the calories I'd have in each food item. A lot of the foods have packaging which make it simple but I purchased deli meats. Any idea how many calories/carbs in a slice of roast beef or turkey?

jbjb93 10-04-2011 06:03 AM

Look in your packet of papers and also the first pages of your journal. There is a table with calories per measurement for various proteins.
My clinic doesn't have me count carbs for proteins.
Watch the deli meats though. Some can have added sugar! Especially ham.

hyonlyf 10-04-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by th3js (Post 15057299)
I started kind of setting aside the calories I'd have in each food item. A lot of the foods have packaging which make it simple but I purchased deli meats. Any idea how many calories/carbs in a slice of roast beef or turkey?

Next time ask the deli clerk to let you see the label and jot down calories per ounce, then weigh out your portions at home. Every brand is different.