Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
*Outrageously Outstanding October for MWL*

Wow! Can you believe it? October already - leaves changing color, cooler temperatures, football season, the end of the baseball season. And Halloween sneaking in at the end of the month.

What an amazing opportunity to refine our goals, and reach for the stars. MWL can help you make it happen. It really is the one that works.

What are your expectations and hopes for October? More outside exercise? Trying more new recipes?

I KNOW you all can do it! Make it happen!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
I am ready for October! Month 2 for me. 17.5 down in September and hoping for good results in October!

Love having everyone to share this with!!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ThisIsIt!
Stats: 184/?/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/3/2012
Went for my weigh in today, lost 3.8 lbs! I'm down 18.4 lbs! I'm so excited to be in the 170's. My goal this month is to be 170 lbs by Oct 15th (I have a wedding to go to). And by the end of October, I'd like to be 165 lbs. I will then stop Medi and start trying for another baby . So excited because with Medi, all these goals are attainable!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
Thank you for your input on the bars. I thought they were to good to be true Just trying to find cheaper bars other than Medi's. I will check out the Netrition website.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsIt! View Post
Went for my weigh in today, lost 3.8 lbs! I'm down 18.4 lbs! I'm so excited to be in the 170's. My goal this month is to be 170 lbs by Oct 15th (I have a wedding to go to). And by the end of October, I'd like to be 165 lbs. I will then stop Medi and start trying for another baby . So excited because with Medi, all these goals are attainable!
Great Job!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Dawny95 - I was pretty interested when you first wrote about the bars...but they have chemical after chemical after chemical, and it's weird when something that starts as "fiber" turns into fat-like substance. I wonder in the long run what that is going to be in my body? If it just passes out and otherwise made me feel full great, and I could live with that. I just don't know. Best thing is to inquire when you go to your clinic. Take the print off of what you posted in the Sept thread about the bar's ingredients. Then let us know!

Thanks Jo for being there, always! And for starting our Oct thread. I'm in again. Up past my eyeballs in grad school practicum/projects/homework assignments/plus work/etc and yet this is my favorite time of year!! Wish I could be out "there" enjoying it! Just a few more weeks (about 12, really) and I'll be done with this degree. Sorry everyone has had to hear all about it, stress has really played a major influence on choices and taking time for planning meals.

Today I made an awesome casserole for late breakfast! Got the idea from something I'd read online here but then couldn't find it so did my own. I'll post it later in the breakfast thread. I think it could be eaten for any meal and could even be served on a MaMa Lupe tortilla to be a litle more protein and a little more filling due to the fiber in that tortilla.

The baseball team I'm watching (Tampa Bay RAYS) are in the playoffs. I follow a particular player and he's been on several winning teams, and this year is on that team, Johnny Damon. Hope they make it all the way and he gets to have another go at a World Series!!

Happy October everybody!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-01-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
I am ready for October. I LOVE the FALL!! However, I must admit it has always been because of the cold weather, holidays (great food , fair, and getting to hide myself in thick clothes. This year, I am looking forward to it because I get to start a new adventure for the rest of my life (transition and wellness). As you can see I am being very optimistic about making goal on Tuesday. But, like I told my husband last night if I miss it by chance on this Tuesday it will not kill me. I will work until I make it. I also am looking forward to the fair. I have always loved the fair for the rides and atmosphere and sharing it with my kids. Last year the fair was horrible. I was so big that I was terrified to get on the rides and avoided most of them. My husband doesn't like to ride them. So, that left me to try and ride with my son. I tell you there were several I didn't think I was going to get to ride. But, the workers would push down really hard on the bars to get them to shut. It was embarrassing. I would find every excuse to not ride and watch the disappointment on my son's face. But, this year I am looking forward to it. I know I won't have that problem now. My son (he is 10) has started picking at me and telling me this year I may fall out of the rides. He is a joker and a great boy.

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows who used to post a quote on her that I think there grandmother or mother told them. It went something like -Being fat is hard and losing weight is hard You have to pick your hard. This quote has helped me through so many times on my journey. I want to quote it correctly and get it framed for my house and give the person credit for it. I have looked and can't find who it was. I seen it way early on in my journey. The statement is so true. I share it with people all the time. I hope everyone has a great week and remember be good to yourself. This is a life that we only get to do once. So, enjoy it.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

ferrarimomof3! I love what you were saying about the "choose your hard" -- being free of excess fat is definitely a lot more healthy! I hope you have a fantastic time at the fair.....do ALL the rides and have a blast! Your son does sound like such a sweetie; tell him how proud we are of you too! This fall you'll be wearing fitted clothes, belts, and smiles!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post

The baseball team I'm watching (Tampa Bay RAYS) are in the playoffs. I follow a particular player and he's been on several winning teams, and this year is on that team, Johnny Damon. Hope they make it all the way and he gets to have another go at a World Series!!

Happy October everybody!
Hi everyone! I've been away for quite a while. Life has been very challenging with sick parents and recovering from my wrist injury. I am happy to report that my right wrist is about 85% back to normal. My orthopedist that did the surgeries said that he has never seen someone come back so well. I will count my blessings.

Deb, thanks for pulling me back here. I've missed you all. It is so funny that you mentioned Johnny Damon. He went to Dr. Phillips High School, where all 3 of my kids went. He has been very generous to the school.

As for those bars... I agree that there is not enough protein in them to be a good snack or meal replacement. If you love them have them once in a while, but have some extra protein with them. Also, be weary of how your body reacts to the sugar alcohols. According to Medi, your body will not absorb the sugar alcohols if less than 9 grams, but anything over 9 grams your body will absorb half. Like Debbie, I try to avoid heavily processed foods with alot of artificial ingredients. Also, I prefer to eat meals over bars in general. The bars don't stay with me for very long.

I encourage my patients to eat meals/snacks with at least 18 grams of protein every 4 hours to keep their appetite down and metabolism up. For instance 3 oz of shrimp has 80 calories and 18 grams of protein.

Thanks to all of you who have continued to make this site such a valuable resource. I share this site with all of our patients.

And...Congratulations to all you losers out there!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Susie!! So good to hear from you, my friend! Yes, you're right there in JD homeland territory and I'm glad to hear your kids got to benefit from his kindness. He's in the family and quite awesome as a person, I think. I'm so glad to hear that your arm is doing better. What a nasty fall you had. Has it been a year ago almost? I'm counting down, twelve weeks left of grad school. I look forward to being able to get away from the paper writing, research, projects, and late nights and instead to taking care of myself better, following the Mediweightloss plan better, and seeing permanent changes once and for all. I know it will always be a choice and take effort, but I'm worth it to be healthy! Please check in with us frequently....you have wonderful advice we can all use!
Hope you have a blessed day!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-02-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 10-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Wow! Can you believe it? October already - leaves changing color, cooler temperatures, football season, the end of the baseball season. And Halloween sneaking in at the end of the month.

What an amazing opportunity to refine our goals, and reach for the stars. MWL can help you make it happen. It really is the one that works.

What are your expectations and hopes for October? More outside exercise? Trying more new recipes?

I KNOW you all can do it! Make it happen!

Jo
Hi Jo. How are you? It's been a while.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi guys! Fall is here! Howl-O-Scream, Scary Berry Farms, Halloween parties, fires, hot tea, those are the things that I love the most about it! The second thing that I love is the fact that I now own "skinny" jeans, that look awesome with knee high boots, for the first time in my life! Anyone else have any exciting fall accomplishments to share?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - I bet you look wonderful and feel sassy in your knee high boots and skinny jeans! Awesome!! I've been on a restart lately and now 6 lbs lighter, in fact, this AM I was 161.3 lbs. I'd like to be at least 2 to 3 lbs lighter by next Monday, but have some traveling this coming Saturday to event in TX for oldest DD. Still going to choose good choices all week ahead of then. I've been in ketosis again, which always helps.

Ideas for Fall....I like to try flavorful hot teas this time of year...use that as a treat instead of all the FOOD temptations. Still smells like Fall and warms me up if it's cold outside. Today I bought a can of pumpkin and plan to sometimes add a tablespoon into my vanilla carbmasters yogurt with cinnamon and other spices, so I feel like I'm getting something like a treat, but it's lower carb than pumpkin pie, etc. Sometimes just a tablespoon of pumpkin, spices, and light cool whip can hit the spot, especially if it is all slightly frozen up together...best thing is to add the yogurt to it so there is the advantage of the the protein.

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-03-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Hi All,

Like some of you it has been a long time since I've posted. I don't know why but I've completely lost my motivation. I have not gained nor lost since June/July. I joined the gym last week hoping that it would help me get back on track. I would love to be at my goal weight before the holidays so I know I have to step up my game. I went back to the clinic a couple of weeks ago but have not gone back since.

I read Rachel's, Deb's, Mary's and so many others posts and they are so inspirational and I envy tall of you for sticking with it no matter what. It's so hard for me because losing the 60 pounds made such a big difference. I know I want to lose 20 more pounds but I don't want to follow the strict 500-800 calories. I get depressed when I think about it.

Thanks for being here. I just needed to express what I'm feeling to people that would understand.

Betty
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Betty

You can do it! You hit a major milestone, losing 60lbs that's hard work! Maybe you just needed a "break" to feel "normal" for a little while. BUT remember there are other reasons why we allowed ourselves to become so overweight, there are reasons that we over eat. Sometimes we get curious to "test the boundaries". If I eat this, will I gain, if I eat a little more of that, will I gain? Remember that is a DANGEROUS game. I have played it many times, resulting in a renewed carb addiction, over eating, gaining all the weight back, beating myself up, gaining more, and so it goes on and on..
One of the hardest things for me during this journey, is to find other ways to cope with problems. I can't turn to food, drive-thrus, ice cream, etc... anymore!
I hope that we can help you get energized, recommited, and motivated! I still have major issues with exercise, so I continue to be a work in progress. Just know that you are not alone on this path, it's ok to fall off the wagon, as long as you get back on it, before you end up being road kill

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 10-04-2011 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Uggh started BC pills this week and now weight seems stuck. Scale at home was down to 151.5, now at 153.5 Am still in ketosis and have been exercising 2-3x a week. Not liking this.

I did go to a party this weekend and indulged in alcohol (4oz raspberry vodka) and party food, but very moderately and NO breads or obvious carbs. That's the only deviance from plan.

I can still do this, just have to buckle down. Weigh-in tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Hi All,

Like some of you it has been a long time since I've posted. I don't know why but I've completely lost my motivation. I have not gained nor lost since June/July. I joined the gym last week hoping that it would help me get back on track. I would love to be at my goal weight before the holidays so I know I have to step up my game. I went back to the clinic a couple of weeks ago but have not gone back since.

I read Rachel's, Deb's, Mary's and so many others posts and they are so inspirational and I envy tall of you for sticking with it no matter what. It's so hard for me because losing the 60 pounds made such a big difference. I know I want to lose 20 more pounds but I don't want to follow the strict 500-800 calories. I get depressed when I think about it.

Thanks for being here. I just needed to express what I'm feeling to people that would understand.

Betty
I can identify with what you are saying, 60lbs is a huge loss, makes the goal not seem so important. My dropping a size almost has me satisfied but I will try for my goal.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
I'm having kind of a rough week ... I seem to be headed for my 2nd week with no progress, despite working out diligently 5 days a week and being sure to drink all of my fluids and sticking to the diet plan. Hard to justify paying $140 for nada, when I was doing that just fine before I started ... for free! lol

*sigh*
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Christy, if you have two weeks of following the plan and no progress, I would ask to talk to the doctor or the most experienced counselor.

That is my plan if what happened this week, happens next week...and that is, I lost 1.8 pounds BUT actually gained 1.5 pounds of fat, not muscle, FAT and lost some water. (at least this is what the tanita scale said.)

Which brings me to a question...has anyone had this happen when they didn't cheat, followed the plan, drank the koolaid, I mean water.... ??

I've been psyching myself up for some weeks where I lose less than 2 pounds but didn't think it was possible to GAIN fat on a <750 calorie diet while in ketosis! Someone tell me its just a blip....
Old 10-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post
I'm having kind of a rough week ... I seem to be headed for my 2nd week with no progress, despite working out diligently 5 days a week and being sure to drink all of my fluids and sticking to the diet plan. Hard to justify paying $140 for nada, when I was doing that just fine before I started ... for free! lol

*sigh*
If you don't mind, post your last few day's meals here for people to see. Also, I LOVE ************.com as a food tracker and a phone app, heck I seldom use the little book Medi gave me-and heck, no one has ever asked to see it anyway.

There is a print function at *** so I will print my meals and take copy with me, just in case.

There has got to be a reason you are stuck if following plan. I agree, ask to speak to the DR or high ranking official at clinic
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Christy, if you have two weeks of following the plan and no progress, I would ask to talk to the doctor or the most experienced counselor.

That is my plan if what happened this week, happens next week...and that is, I lost 1.8 pounds BUT actually gained 1.5 pounds of fat, not muscle, FAT and lost some water. (at least this is what the tanita scale said.)

Which brings me to a question...has anyone had this happen when they didn't cheat, followed the plan, drank the koolaid, I mean water.... ??

I've been psyching myself up for some weeks where I lose less than 2 pounds but didn't think it was possible to GAIN fat on a <750 calorie diet while in ketosis! Someone tell me its just a blip....

I had this happen once. It was actually the only time I didn't loose. I was up .4 and it was in fat. I had not cheated one bit and didn't understand it. I didn't see the doctor that day because of time. But, the only thing the lady weighing me in could figure was I had eaten to many almonds. I still don't think that was it. Because I had been eating the same amount of almonds the whole time and losing. So, just keep up the hard work and follow the plan. If you don't see a loss, ask to talk to the doctor and maybe y'all can figure it out.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post

*sigh*
I would ask to talk to the doctor and see if you are taking in enough protein with exercising so much.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyonlyf View Post
Uggh started BC pills this week and now weight seems stuck. Scale at home was down to 151.5, now at 153.5 Am still in ketosis and have been exercising 2-3x a week. Not liking this.

I did go to a party this weekend and indulged in alcohol (4oz raspberry vodka) and party food, but very moderately and NO breads or obvious carbs. That's the only deviance from plan.

I can still do this, just have to buckle down. Weigh-in tomorrow.
You can do this. Keep with the program. It works.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
You can do it! You hit a major milestone, losing 60lbs that's hard work! Maybe you just needed a "break" to feel "normal" for a little while. BUT remember there are other reasons why we allowed ourselves to become so overweight, there are reasons that we over eat. Sometimes we get curious to "test the boundaries". If I eat this, will I gain, if I eat a little more of that, will I gain? Remember that is a DANGEROUS game. I have played it many times, resulting in a renewed carb addiction, over eating, gaining all the weight back, beating myself up, gaining more, and so it goes on and on..
One of the hardest things for me during this journey, is to find other ways to cope with problems. I can't turn to food, drive-thrus, ice cream, etc... anymore!
I hope that we can help you get energized, recommited, and motivated! I still have major issues with exercise, so I continue to be a work in progress. Just know that you are not alone on this path, it's ok to fall off the wagon, as long as you get back on it, before you end up being road kill

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Rachel,

I love what you said about the road kill.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Hi All,

Betty
Betty,

You can get back on the wagon and finish out that 20lbs. It will be gone in no time. And you will feel a new sense of accomplishment. We are all here for encouragement.

Dionne
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone,

I went for my weigh in today and was hoping to make my goal of 101 lbs lost. I missed it by .6 lbs. But, I did make the 100 mark. So, next week I will be at goal and transition. My doctor and staff at the clinic were very supportive. It is an amazing feeling and I can't wait for the complete sense of accomplishment for the 101 lbs. I lost the 100.4lbs in 39 weeks. That is less time than I was pregnant the first time.

This program works and is great.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Hey everyone,

I went for my weigh in today and was hoping to make my goal of 101 lbs lost. I missed it by .6 lbs. But, I did make the 100 mark. So, next week I will be at goal and transition. My doctor and staff at the clinic were very supportive. It is an amazing feeling and I can't wait for the complete sense of accomplishment for the 101 lbs. I lost the 100.4lbs in 39 weeks. That is less time than I was pregnant the first time.

Ferraromomof3!! That is so awesome! Please be sure to stick around and continue to post so we can all be encouraged/um, I meant so WE can encourage you in the process of STAYING successful but adding in healthy carbs! (Actually, I'm looking forward to getting back at goal and staying successful in maintenance myself....and I want you around for moral support, tips, and friendship! How tall are you?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Hey everyone,

I agree, please stay around, not anyone around in maintainance that is posting much. We need to see your continued successes and possible struggles (hope not!), we can support each other
Old 10-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I'm so excited for October! I have a feeling this is going to be a great month for all of us. I am finally back in ketosis and hoping to reach 150 by the end of the month.

Rachel - I loved your post about Fall and the tall boots. I have always wanted a pair but it was never an option for me and I admit I am still nervous about trying them on. I think I'm going to check some out and maybe even some skinny leg jeans too!

Ferrari - I am so happy for you! Our starting numbers were very close and you are such an inspiration for me. I hope you have a wonderful time at the fair!

Betty - I was wondering if you were still out there and so glad to see you back. I think most people go through periods when it just feels too hard and it gets frustrating. The good news is you are doing something right and maintaining your loss. I am fighting my way out of my own slump. Let's do it together and finish for the holidays!

Thanks to everyone who keeps these boards open, informative and supportive. I am so grateful that you are all willing to share you journeys--- the successes and challenges, here on the boards.

Barb
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

OK worst weigh-in ever so far, BUT I was prepared for it. Disappointing but not surprising.

Lost ONE pound of which .6 was fat .3 was water, and gained .4 in muscle. I am going to exercise for 40 minutes instead of 30 and really REALLY be diligent about what I eat!

I would love to see 149 next week, I haven't ever weighed below 150 even when I got married.

Staff was really sweet and said at least it wasn't a gain and I did lose fat, gain muscle, always a plus.
Closed Thread