Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
I lost 2.3 pounds this week -- lost 3.8 fat and gained 1.2 water. I had a hard time getting my water this week, so I'm going to work on that and hope to lose that water AND fat next week.

Clothes are loose, and I'm wearing things that haven't fit in a while --Love that!!
Congrats on the loss!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof5kids View Post
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I am on Day 2 today and so far this has been easy, the hardest part is not exercising as much as I normally do. I am usually at the gym up to 3 hrs a day. I have a goal of losing 100 lbs.

I am mommy to 5 kids, recently stopped working out of the home and keep busy with the house and life with the kids. I have really enjoyed reading through all the posts here the past few days and can't wait to see my results.

Nikki
Glad to see you on here, Nikki. You are going to do great and that 100 will be off in no time.

Dionne
Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Maramom- Congrats on the 170's Whoo hoo!!!!!! I know it feels great. I hope that you are having a great time with friends and family. You will do terrific!!

Hey Ann- You can do this!!!.. I just started maintenance and must admit I am confused as to what I should be eating. I find myself going back to the all protein way of eating and completely trying to avoid carbs.

Deb, Justin, Susanna, and everyone else- I hope you are having a great week.

Keep up the good "hard" work everyone and I'll try to pop back in later. I love all the encouragement that I get from this board.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

I tried to change my profile pic to my before and after. However, it doesn't appear to be showing. So, feel free to go look at it on my profile. I hope that it inspires someone. Does that sound bad?

Last edited by ferrarimomof3; 10-18-2011 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: needed to add something;
Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Momof5kids
Stats: 247.8/237.7/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/16/2011
Thanks Di,

I am really excited to see something working. As you know I've been running ellipticalling, strength training yada yada yada for nearly a year now and just wasn't getting results. I am hoping this continues to work as well as it has the past 3 days already.

Quick question...how much broth can one eat in a day??? Today is the first day of headaches and the one bowl I had was soooo yummy.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
I tried to change my profile pic to my before and after. However, it doesn't appear to be showing. So, feel free to go look at it on my profile. I hope that it inspires someone. Does that sound bad?
Hey there ferraimomof3, I was wondering in one of of you other post you said you were able to break out of the 140's with more exercise. I would love to read what kind of you did and how often, I am stuck here in the 140's and can't break through I have been exercising 5 days a week and still nothing eating 600-700 cals a day. Any sugguestions from you or others that had that same struggle would be great....Thanks for the support.

Cathy
Old 10-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Hey ferrarimom ~ you look fabulous!!
I've been gone from the boards for awhile, but I do remember you from months ago... what a great job you've done!! I love your before & after pics. Maintenance was confusing for me for awhile, too but, with the help of my Medi counselor, I've come a long way in knowing how to plan my foods, as well as learning about healthier alternatives. I eat all the food groups, even treats now and then... I just have problem areas that I have trouble with when it comes to quantities, like the nuts, beer & almond butter . A little bit of bad stuff can REALLY make my scale go up fast!
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof5kids View Post
Thanks Di,

I am really excited to see something working. As you know I've been running ellipticalling, strength training yada yada yada for nearly a year now and just wasn't getting results. I am hoping this continues to work as well as it has the past 3 days already.

Quick question...how much broth can one eat in a day??? Today is the first day of headaches and the one bowl I had was soooo yummy.
I'm not sure. I never ate the broth. I just took ibuprofen every 4 hours and suffered for the two days. Sorry, couldn't answer your question.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Hey there ferraimomof3, I was wondering in one of of you other post you said you were able to break out of the 140's with more exercise. I would love to read what kind of you did and how often, I am stuck here in the 140's and can't break through I have been exercising 5 days a week and still nothing eating 600-700 cals a day. Any sugguestions from you or others that had that same struggle would be great....Thanks for the support.

Cathy
Hey Cathy,

I broke out of the 140's with more exercise. I had not been on an exercise regiment really at all before that. I would exercise once or twice a week. When I broke out of the 140's, I was walking 5 to 6 times a week for 1 to 2 hours. Which in my case equated to M-F 3 miles a day and on the weekend about 5 miles. I was very active with my kids and never seemed to sit down. I was eating my normal 500 to 600 calories of protein and I added a protein bar before work out and protein shake after. My doctor told me to add the bar and shake to help with exercise. I would think you may not be getting enough protein due to exercise. So, you might want to try adding those two things. I used Pure protein bar's and Pure Protein shakes. I hope that helps some.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Hey ferrarimom ~ you look fabulous!!
I've been gone from the boards for awhile, but I do remember you from months ago... what a great job you've done!! I love your before & after pics. Maintenance was confusing for me for awhile, too but, with the help of my Medi counselor, I've come a long way in knowing how to plan my foods, as well as learning about healthier alternatives. I eat all the food groups, even treats now and then... I just have problem areas that I have trouble with when it comes to quantities, like the nuts, beer & almond butter . A little bit of bad stuff can REALLY make my scale go up fast!
Thank you!!! I sat with one of the counselor's last week and she helped me. I am supposed to sit with her again next week. You will do great getting those 2 lbs back off. I have got to get better at planning my foods.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

I just took some ibruprofen and diet pepsi..this headache turned into a fullblown migraine..but better now after that. I miss guessed the portion of steak i had today. I was thinking it was about 3 oz...turned out to be only 1.5 oz....was off in calories a lot too so tonight I had some shrimp and crab and a little salmon when Veronica asked to go to the chinese rest. All was steamed so that was great. But the popcorn at the movie theatre was so hard to resist.....phew
Old 10-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
ferrarimomof3-WOW, WOW, WOW!! Amazing photo on your public profile!! It's too bad you cannot figure out how to change your avatar. Perhaps you have to remove your current avatar before you apply the new one. You look so fabulous!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
All was steamed so that was great. But the popcorn at the movie theatre was so hard to resist.....phew

This never gets easier for me. Before maintainence I always took the medi gummies with me when I knew in advance I was going. For last minute movies I'd buy a pack of sugar free gum and bring my water. It helped. Now I bring my own healthy popcorn premeasured and try to make it last as long as possible
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Hey Cathy,

I broke out of the 140's with more exercise. I had not been on an exercise regiment really at all before that. I would exercise once or twice a week. When I broke out of the 140's, I was walking 5 to 6 times a week for 1 to 2 hours. Which in my case equated to M-F 3 miles a day and on the weekend about 5 miles. I was very active with my kids and never seemed to sit down. I was eating my normal 500 to 600 calories of protein and I added a protein bar before work out and protein shake after. My doctor told me to add the bar and shake to help with exercise. I would think you may not be getting enough protein due to exercise. So, you might want to try adding those two things. I used Pure protein bar's and Pure Protein shakes. I hope that helps some.
Thanks for the info. I will add them, I use pure protein bars from time to time so I have them on hand and I use the eas protein shake. Thanks again hope this gives my body the push it so needs.

Cathy
Old 10-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
losing in ftm - WOW! Proud of you for resisting the popcorn! I haven't been to a movie since MWL and I think that one would be tough!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Medi gummies sound yummy, will have to make some next time we go. Today I have fish oil burps (tmi) hoping it goes away later. I weighed myself yesterday and was done about 5.5 lbs in the first 3 days...so very excited...It is hard not to weigh every day.

It is raining here today so I've been cleaning house, catching up on laundry and just trying to keep my mind and body active so I don't do the bored nibbling I used to do,
Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rozzie
WOE: MWL
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsIt! View Post
Went for my weigh in today, lost 3.8 lbs! I'm down 18.4 lbs! I'm so excited to be in the 170's. My goal this month is to be 170 lbs by Oct 15th (I have a wedding to go to). And by the end of October, I'd like to be 165 lbs. I will then stop Medi and start trying for another baby . So excited because with Medi, all these goals are attainable!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
went tuesday for my week 1 weigh in...lost 11.4 haha. I was very motivated, even stayed away from cheese the whole week.

really got myself kickstarted back and just feel fantastic.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Good job to all of those losing the LBS and those getting back on track! Yay! We are truly having some beautiful fall weather here in RVA this weekend, wish I wasn't feeling so under the weather this weekend
The most difficult time for low-carb eating in my opinion is when you are under the weather!

[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
Rachel,

You are really doing a great job. You are very close to your goal weight. Keep up the grat job. I'm really impressed.

Betty
Old 10-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
Start Date: August 30 2011
I had a stomach virus this week so weigh in was good LOL

Down 3.5lbs total BUT 1.5 was water, .5 muscle and 1.5 fat. I figure I may see some of the water return next weigh-in but that's OK Still steady on the fat loss.

I felt so rotten yesterday that I didn't eat until 2pm, and all I wanted was comfort food. I chose 4 chicken McNuggets and 10 french fries, bad I know, but I wanted them so badly.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Sad day

Today I am saying goodbye to a friend, a police officer killed in the line of duty, and I feel so rotten. I dont want to eat, but at the same time I keep thinking that I need to eat cookies. I so far haven't eaten any bad food and have stuck with my protein.

Hard to believe I am on day 6 and to tell you the truth I really don't think about other foods very much anymore. I am looking forward to the veggies next week as I haven't had my normal potty breaks(tmi) since starting with all the protein. Today I broke down and bought some fiber tablets. Hoping that they help a little.

When I weighed last night I was down 10.5 lbs for the first 5 days....Can't wait to see my total on Sunday for the who week. I just bought airline tickets for Florida in January to see my sister and some friends, can not wait to see their reactions to my weight loss. I can already see in my stomach less bloating and swelling that I've had. Yeah!!

Hope you all have a great weekend. We are having some friends over tomorrow for a get together. I bought shrimp and chicken wings to help me through it .

Nikki
Old 10-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Happy Fall

BettyThanks a Bunch for your sweet comment!
Fall is definitely in the air around RVA this weekend. I tell you I haven't looked forward to Halloween this much since I was a kid! I'm sure you all know that once you become an adult, the halloween attire gets rather skimpy (to say the least). It's nice this year to be able to shop for a couples costume with my Hubby and not have to be scared to death about what to be! Not that I will be dressing "sluty", but to know that if I want to be a sailor I can wear one of those super cute sailor dresses, and pair it with matching leggings and look good in it! This may sound silly to some, but this is just 1 more way that losing weight is giving me freedom to be me, without having to obsess about my pants size.
Another fun accomplishment is to finally be able to shop in all of those stores that I stayed far away from for many years: Express, American Eagle, etc. etc. I'm fully enjoying my new size 10 pants wardrobe ( I don't miss those 18's at ALL)
Keep motivated, stay on course! It is so very worth it! You have to learn to cope with life in other ways, besides eating your way to the bottom of the cookie jar! We are programmed by the Boob Tube to think about food all of the time, so cut it off, go outside breathe in the fresh air, take a walk, do something to get moving, read a book!
I will share that 2 of my colleagues, somehow became motivated to adopt my WOE. They haven't said it, but I would like to think that I helped to motivate them to do so. Weight is such a "touchy topic", so I just try to be an example, to share my testimony with others about the ways that low-carb eating his improved my life!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 10-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I posted a turkey rollup recipe on the lunch recipe thread that I LOVE! It really satisfied my craving for crunchy finger food. I hope you all try it and give some other ideas for variations to change the flavor
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
And here I was all happy because I had to go buy new jeans today because all my others were beyond baggy ... And I was happy because they were 18's. LOL

I know what you mean about the costumes, though. I am psycho for Halloween, and I'm still working on the costume part.

I was also really happy because I'm going to a wedding next weekend and was digging in the back of my closet and found this fabulous expensive skirt and blouse that I couldn't even get over my hips 2 months ago, fit perfectly. I ran down the stairs to show my husband, and I thought his eyes were going to POP out of his head, which made me feel more than a million bucks, for sure.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Ok, so I only lost a pound this week, but then I found out my thyroid meds needed adjusted. So I'm even more happy that I got any weight off at all!
Hopefully it will go even faster now!!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Hey Deb,

I tried your egg casserole this morning and it was very good. I posted it in the breakfast thread so it's easy for me to find again
Old 10-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Reebs!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #148
Junior LCF Member

So excited week one was a 10.1 lb loss. I can not wait to see what this week will do for me!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Congrats to everyone on the losses, smaller pants and the continued effort to live a healthier low-carb life!

I ran my first 5K today and it was awesome. I heard about the couch to 5k program on these boards and decided to give it a try. Thanks to all who have shared their journey and inspired us all to try new things. I never thought I'd be a runner, but it felt great!

Keep working it, you are worth it!

Barb
Old 10-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Barb!!! I know that felt great!!! It's such a wonderful sense of accomplishment to make our body do something it CAN do that we trained it to do! That's going to be me, again, after January 1st!!! My grad school experience ends the day after Christmas and I can focus on being fit again! It's just taking so much time right now to finish school, grad school project, and two jobs!
Closed Thread