Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi all

I wanted to post a progress pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (15.5 KB, 38 views)
Swirveegrl is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
MaraMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern states
Posts: 96
Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Nice update photo, swirvegirl!!

Weighed in today and very confused. Would have discussed my confusion at the weigh in but the "counselor" did the math on my fat loss vs wt loss and made a mistake according to the tanita slip, so I didn't freak until I got home and re did the math...correctly, I believe! So here goes....

Only lost a WHOPPING 1 pound! BUT...according to the tanita slip and my slip from last week I lost SEVEN pounds of fat this week(counselor said "you only lost a pound overall but you lost 2-3 pounds of fat"). So I get home and its SEVEN. Also adds up to + 4 pounds water and + 2 pounds muscle...for a net loss of one pound.

So, my concern is I am losing faith in these tanita scales and need reassurance! Is it really possible on week 11 to lose 7 pounds of fat??? ( I'm not as concerned with believing the water gain and/or muscle gain as I drink my gallon a day and all my protein and I walk 45 min 5 times a week and ride my bike 30 minutes 4 times a week.)

I know it seems funny to be complaining about a 7 pound fat loss but last week the scale/counselor said I gained 2.4 pounds of fat for a net loss of -1.8 pounds.

So....eating 750 calories a day, exercising daily and taking fat burners 3 x a day and I gained 2.4 pounds of fat? I guess the combination of the past two weigh ins has me really

I'm losing and I'm happy but if anyone has had any similar experience I'd love to hear. To add to my nervousness I will NOT be weighing in next week and will be out of town visiting relatives. Really wanted to see some good numbers (I could believe in..haha) before I left town for my first traveling time since starting medi.

Last edited by MaraMom; 10-10-2011 at 09:32 AM..
MaraMom is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by charity777 View Post
Congratulations Ferrarimomof3!

Hopefully, the rest of us can be a success like you!

:-)
Thank you!!!

You can do this. If you ever have questions or need support this is a great place or message me.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I wanted to post a progress pic!
GREAT PICTURE!!!!

You should be very proud you are looking great.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3
Gallery: Monkey Junkie
Stats: 211/203/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 2, 2011
2nd Week Newbie

I am so glad to have found this blog for Medi Weight Loss! I have lost 4.7 pounds and that was in 4 days! I haven't felt sick, jittery, or really that hungry. I guess I was ready as well as my mind and body to start the next chapter in my life. I love all the encouragement and support found here!
Monkey Junkie is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Remember, that this is a change for the rest of your life, if you truly desire success. You have to learn to live in this upsized, carb overloaded, sugar is king, fat is fun, hypertension, diabetic privy diet ridden society of ours. If you want to be different, change the way you think of food. It is for FUEL, not fun, not to socialize, not for a treat, but do energize you solely. Live by it daily, don't think about what you can't have, think about how great you feel, when you eat the things that your body needs, not your mind! Good luck!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

I love this. Thank you for always encouraging the rest of us.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Junkie View Post
I am so glad to have found this blog for Medi Weight Loss! I have lost 4.7 pounds and that was in 4 days! I haven't felt sick, jittery, or really that hungry. I guess I was ready as well as my mind and body to start the next chapter in my life. I love all the encouragement and support found here!
Congrats on the loss.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3
Gallery: Monkey Junkie
Stats: 211/203/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 2, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Congrats on the loss.
Thanks so much!
Monkey Junkie is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
How is everyone doing? I go for my weigh in tomorrow and should make goal. I reached the 100lb mark last Tuesday and needed to loose .6 to make my goal of 101. I am nervous. My scale here at home says I have gained 4lbs and I don't understand how. I am praying for my goal tomorrow. My doctor and staff made a big deal last week and my hubby is planning my celebration for making my goal. My husband tells me that I will blow it out of the water and probably hit 102 or 103lbs loss. I just want to make it to 101 anything else would be great to. I do have to tell y'all that I did go buy some new pants the other day and they were a size 3 and went yesterday and bought some that were size 2 and 1. I don't think I have ever been in a size 1 or 2. I don't know what size I was before size 5 in high school. But I think I skipped everything in between. It felt great to buy those sizes especially considering when I started I was wearing a size 21 very comfortably ( you know what I mean probably should have went up a size but refused). I hope that everyone has a great day and night. Keep believing in yourselves and doing good things for your body.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member
 
jbiggars63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 586
Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hi everyone! Long time no see..lol. Actually, I have been lurking! I hope all is well with everyone! I have an ebook of my success story that you can read for free. I lost 300 pounds in 16 months on Medi-Weightloss Clinics plan!
jbiggars63 is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member
 
fghtffyrdmns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 12
Gallery: fghtffyrdmns
Stats: 198/154/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11.29.10
Everyone is so inspirational!!!!!

I woke up last Tuesday morning and decided to restart Medi. The clinic I go to is allowing me to go every two weeks, working my with poor college student budget! 40 lbs down since last November! I'd like to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving I think I can do it! Seems like a lot of us want to just get to the lower 150s/upper 140s we can do it!
fghtffyrdmns is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Mara & Ferrari

Thank you ladies for your super kind comments! I am just so passionate about this new way of life, that I get diarrhea of my thoughts at times (excuse the anology, but I AM a nurse)!! I truly do hope that I am helping encourage, motivate, inspire other people, because this board truly did that for me the initial 3 months of my WOE change. This forum continues to motivate me, and keep me commited to my changed relationship with food. I am not perfect, I still fight a personal stuggle with chocolate, ice cream, and mashed potatoes So far, I am victorious; and I to remain that way!
I try to keep on course, keep focused, remember how awful I felt all of those times in the past when I "cheated" while "dieting". I don't ever want to feel that remorse again.
Don't panic if your weight fluctuates a few pounds here and there. It's normal. It's water weight. This happens at times, is related to hormones, salt intake, constipation, and the list goes on and on and on. As long as you are staying on plan, you are not divuring, you are not eating "bites" of junk off of other people's plates, you are not mindlessly munching, you are not eating things that YOU KNOW MAKE YOU FAT, you will succeed!
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I wanted to post a progress pic!
Great picture, Rachel! You are looking fantastic!
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
How is everyone doing? I go for my weigh in tomorrow and should make goal. I reached the 100lb mark last Tuesday and needed to loose .6 to make my goal of 101. I am nervous. My scale here at home says I have gained 4lbs and I don't understand how. I am praying for my goal tomorrow. My doctor and staff made a big deal last week and my hubby is planning my celebration for making my goal. My husband tells me that I will blow it out of the water and probably hit 102 or 103lbs loss. I just want to make it to 101 anything else would be great to. I do have to tell y'all that I did go buy some new pants the other day and they were a size 3 and went yesterday and bought some that were size 2 and 1. I don't think I have ever been in a size 1 or 2. I don't know what size I was before size 5 in high school. But I think I skipped everything in between. It felt great to buy those sizes especially considering when I started I was wearing a size 21 very comfortably ( you know what I mean probably should have went up a size but refused). I hope that everyone has a great day and night. Keep believing in yourselves and doing good things for your body.
Congrats on the new teeny sizes and my fingers are crossed that tomorrow is the day for you!!
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
ketosis?

Hi all,

I have been losing and gaining the same 4 pounds for a few months now and decided last week that I was going to get back into ketosis and I did. I have to to say I feel a difference. I don't know if it's in my head or what, but I am able to sit across the table from all my favorite foods (tortilla chips at restaurant tonight) and not need or want a taste. I am a believer that when I am in ketosis I don't crave carbs or extra food in general. Does anyone else feel a difference in ketosis?

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Really nice picture Rachel.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member
 
jbiggars63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 586
Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hi all,

I have been losing and gaining the same 4 pounds for a few months now and decided last week that I was going to get back into ketosis and I did. I have to to say I feel a difference. I don't know if it's in my head or what, but I am able to sit across the table from all my favorite foods (tortilla chips at restaurant tonight) and not need or want a taste. I am a believer that when I am in ketosis I don't crave carbs or extra food in general. Does anyone else feel a difference in ketosis?

Barb
Yes! I agree!
jbiggars63 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
jbiggars63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 586
Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtffyrdmns View Post
Everyone is so inspirational!!!!!

I woke up last Tuesday morning and decided to restart Medi. The clinic I go to is allowing me to go every two weeks, working my with poor college student budget! 40 lbs down since last November! I'd like to lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving I think I can do it! Seems like a lot of us want to just get to the lower 150s/upper 140s we can do it!
You CAN do it!
jbiggars63 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Hi everyone! Long time no see..lol. Actually, I have been lurking! I hope all is well with everyone! I have an ebook of my success story that you can read for free. I lost 300 pounds in 16 months on Medi-Weightloss Clinics plan!
WOW what commitment! I will say I have fell off and got back on a few times but I continue to return to Medi (on my own). I hope to be able to post a loss soon. I have continued to not gain but I am not able to lose. Keep us posted, it gives us hope that we (I) can do this!

Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member
 
Born To Lose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 13
Gallery: Born To Lose
Stats: 308/233/210
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: July 27, 2011
Whether you hit it today (hopehopehope) or next week, congratulations! Great job!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
How is everyone doing? I go for my weigh in tomorrow and should make goal. I reached the 100lb mark last Tuesday and needed to loose .6 to make my goal of 101. I am nervous. My scale here at home says I have gained 4lbs and I don't understand how. I am praying for my goal tomorrow. My doctor and staff made a big deal last week and my hubby is planning my celebration for making my goal. My husband tells me that I will blow it out of the water and probably hit 102 or 103lbs loss. I just want to make it to 101 anything else would be great to. I do have to tell y'all that I did go buy some new pants the other day and they were a size 3 and went yesterday and bought some that were size 2 and 1. I don't think I have ever been in a size 1 or 2. I don't know what size I was before size 5 in high school. But I think I skipped everything in between. It felt great to buy those sizes especially considering when I started I was wearing a size 21 very comfortably ( you know what I mean probably should have went up a size but refused). I hope that everyone has a great day and night. Keep believing in yourselves and doing good things for your body.
Born To Lose is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Born to lose- Thank you!!

fghtffyrdmns- You can do this!!!

barbwired- Yes, I feel different in ketosis. I notice that I stay really cold also.

I didn't get to weigh in today. I was on my way down to do it and the school called about my daughter. So, I had to take her to the doctor. I will try to make it to weigh in tomorrow. I am really hoping to hit my goal. But, I am scared because my scale at home is not showing it. It says I have gained and I don't understand that. My husband is doing my Celebration party this Saturday. So, I would love to be at goal or beyond.
I hope that everyone has a great night!!!
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
WOW what commitment! I will say I have fell off and got back on a few times but I continue to return to Medi (on my own). I hope to be able to post a loss soon. I have continued to not gain but I am not able to lose. Keep us posted, it gives us hope that we (I) can do this!

Cathy
Great to see you on again, Cathy! You can do it!
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Born to lose- Thank you!!

fghtffyrdmns- You can do this!!!

barbwired- Yes, I feel different in ketosis. I notice that I stay really cold also.

I didn't get to weigh in today. I was on my way down to do it and the school called about my daughter. So, I had to take her to the doctor. I will try to make it to weigh in tomorrow. I am really hoping to hit my goal. But, I am scared because my scale at home is not showing it. It says I have gained and I don't understand that. My husband is doing my Celebration party this Saturday. So, I would love to be at goal or beyond.
I hope that everyone has a great night!!!
I am always freezing too! I just chalked it up to having less insulation now..LOL! Maybe it's ketosis

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon. No matter what the scale says, enjoy every minute of your party! You have accomplished something amazing and your commitment and success should be celebrated!

Last edited by barbwired; 10-11-2011 at 02:46 PM..
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member
 
jbiggars63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wichita, Ks
Posts: 586
Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
WOW what commitment! I will say I have fell off and got back on a few times but I continue to return to Medi (on my own). I hope to be able to post a loss soon. I have continued to not gain but I am not able to lose. Keep us posted, it gives us hope that we (I) can do this!

Cathy
Thanks Cathy! You CAN do it!
jbiggars63 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Rachel - Looking hot and confident! KUTGW!
Fit2010 is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Okay, everyone. I made it to goal today 101 lbs gone. I did it in 40 weeks (9months). Keep doing what you are doing and being good to yourself and you will make it to your goal as well. I plan to stick around and stay active on this board. Have a great day.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
MaraMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern states
Posts: 96
Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Ferrari! Where are your !!!!!! and and LOL

That was such an understated post. I know you are happy and should be very proud of your accomplishment. 101 pounds in 40 weeks shows alot of determination and just plain hard work. Now enjoy that party!

MaraMom is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
ferrarimomof3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 98
Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Ferrari! Where are your !!!!!! and and LOL

That was such an understated post. I know you are happy and should be very proud of your accomplishment. 101 pounds in 40 weeks shows alot of determination and just plain hard work. Now enjoy that party!

Thank you!!!!!! I am very happy.
ferrarimomof3 is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
barbwired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/172/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Okay, everyone. I made it to goal today 101 lbs gone. I did it in 40 weeks (9months). Keep doing what you are doing and being good to yourself and you will make it to your goal as well. I plan to stick around and stay active on this board. Have a great day.
Ferrari, I am so happy for you When you want something bad enough, you make it happen. I raise my glass of protein shake to you Have a wonderful time at your party!

Barb
barbwired is offline  
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: outside Chicago
Posts: 134
Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Ferrari congrats! You look marvelous! And what an inspiration for us!
jbjb93 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.