Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   What the heck am I doing wrong (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/736312-what-heck-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

Elisateach 09-19-2011 04:09 PM

What the heck am I doing wrong

So this is my second go round with Medi.2 years ago I lost 40 lbs ( the 207 in my profile is where Medi counts me since that was where I was the first time I started)but sadly let most of it come back. I started back on August 22. I was 197 at that point. First week 6.2 second week 3.6 last week .8 , this week based on my scale and what time of day either 1.5 or 2.5 or gained .5 What the heck??
I am following the plan, weighing my food, and this time I am working out 3-4 times a week at a gym. When I am at the gym I do the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.5 mph, then weights for about another 20 minutes. One day upper body next lower.
I am trying to drink lots of water but as a teacher it is not easy....
The ketostix have gone bad already, this happened all the time last time,never lasted. I was in ketosis, but added fruit last week, so who knows! The fruit BTW was 1/3 of an apple hardly a pint of ice cream!!!
I can see a big difference in my body, my pants are all loose and my arms are getting toned, I just get so discouraged because I read about these HUGE loses and really mine are not what I wanted to see.
I want to see big numbers too! I am turning 55 on the 10th of October :birthday:and would love to see the low 170's by then. Any advice?? Or should I just stop whining????

hyonlyf 09-20-2011 09:29 AM

Sorry, no advice as I am new to this, but didn't want to read and not respond. I am sure one of the veterans will have some good advice for you, hang in there!

LisaC.NewJersey 09-22-2011 12:23 PM

I am in my fourth week and am down 14 lbs. Not as much as a lot of other people but I am probably not exercising enough either. I do have a hard time drinking all my water because I am on the go a lot. I have been maintaining a 3-3.5 loss each week though. Not sure if I should be losing more....

guitarjg 09-23-2011 11:21 AM

If you're exercising, specifically lifting weights, just wait it out a bit and you'll see the losses. When I first added exercise my weight went up. Just hang in there, you'll lose the weight.

dawny95 09-23-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC.NewJersey (Post 15027050)
I am in my fourth week and am down 14 lbs. Not as much as a lot of other people but I am probably not exercising enough either. I do have a hard time drinking all my water because I am on the go a lot. I have been maintaining a 3-3.5 loss each week though. Not sure if I should be losing more....

Hey Lisa,

We have just about the same weightloss in 4 weeks. I am down 14.8lbs.

I asked at the clinic & they told me that 1-3lbs is a great loss for a week. Its easier on your body. I dont know if they were trying to make me feel better or telling the truth. But I am happy either way!

Dawn

hyonlyf 09-23-2011 01:48 PM

I think that is a great loss. At end of my 3rd week I was down 13lbs so not too much difference. I have been pretty good about walking so I think that may be helping. Splurge on an ipod, makes it go by so much easier.

aim in Fla*working 12-21-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elisateach (Post 15017879)
So this is my second go round with Medi.2 years ago I lost 40 lbs ( the 207 in my profile is where Medi counts me since that was where I was the first time I started)but sadly let most of it come back. I started back on August 22. I was 197 at that point. First week 6.2 second week 3.6 last week .8 , this week based on my scale and what time of day either 1.5 or 2.5 or gained .5 What the heck??
I am following the plan, weighing my food, and this time I am working out 3-4 times a week at a gym. When I am at the gym I do the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.5 mph, then weights for about another 20 minutes. One day upper body next lower.
The ketostix have gone bad already, this happened all the time last time,never lasted. I was in ketosis, but added fruit last week, so who knows! The fruit BTW was 1/3 of an apple hardly a pint of ice cream!!!
I can see a big difference in my body, my pants are all loose and my arms are getting toned, I just get so discouraged because I read about these HUGE loses and really mine are not what I wanted to see.
I want to see big numbers too! I am turning 55 on the 10th of October :birthday:and would love to see the low 170's by then. Any advice?? Or should I just stop whining????

what does your medi doctor think is the cause?

Sandinga80 12-24-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elisateach (Post 15017879)

Also keep in mind...eating more protein in itself in increases muscle mass...my muscle mass went up on my third weigh in and I hadn't started exercising...and since you're lifting weights consistently it will increase even more which is what you want ;)

Happy holidays!
Sandra