Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Day 4 & not in ketosis - disappointed!

I did my first test for ketosis this morning as it is Day 4. Barely off the 0 scale. I'm really disappointed! I have stuck to the plan 100%. Not a single bite of anything. For the 1st time in my life last night I didn't have ice cream with the family!!

I am at 700-800 calories, but I only came close yesterday with 655. I have eatten boiled eggs, turkey bacon, shrimp, crab, steak (last night), low fat string cheese, turkey deli meat, and broasted chicken.

I am not strong at dieting - hence my weight. I am really hoping for good results with MWL so that I can stick to it.

Is this normal? Should I be disappointed?
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
I did my first test for ketosis this morning as it is Day 4. Barely off the 0 scale. I'm really disappointed! I have stuck to the plan 100%. Not a single bite of anything. For the 1st time in my life last night I didn't have ice cream with the family!!

I am at 700-800 calories, but I only came close yesterday with 655. I have eatten boiled eggs, turkey bacon, shrimp, crab, steak (last night), low fat string cheese, turkey deli meat, and broasted chicken.

I am not strong at dieting - hence my weight. I am really hoping for good results with MWL so that I can stick to it.

NOOOOOOO don't be disappointed and for health's sake don't use that as an excuse to give up!
Do a google search, as well as CALLING your clinic tomorrow and talk to the Nurse Practitioner (NOT just the person who answers the phone) Hopefully you will get the info that SOME people (my DH for instance) NEVER EVER show that they are in ketosis! Keep following the program, MAKE SURE YOU DRINK ALL YOUR WATER, go to your weigh in, and you will see THIS does work! REMEMBER this is only the first part of the program.........the most important part is learning what to eat, so when you get to goal, you can add back good carbs/calories and KEEP the weight off! This ACUTE phase is NOT (I repeat NOT) forever. It's only to help you rid yourself (quickly) of unwanted unhealthy weight. THEN you learn to KEEP it off!
Good luck but PLEASE rid yourself of words like "you're not strong at dieting" (that is just giving yourself permission to quit.....be kind to yourself, and tell youself how much you DESERVE to be a healthy weight, and that you DESERVE to LOVE the way you look, and feel.....and you WILL look and feel GREAT very soon! Everything else is self defeating, and an excuse! Come to our MONTHLY thread and get the support from all of us!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 09-05-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Dont give up! I did not go into Ketosis until day 5 also realize everyones bodies are diffrent. I am on week 3 I made up my mind never to weigh at home I only weigh in at the office on my weekly visit. Everytime you feel like cheating ask yourself is the item worth it? NO it will be gone in a few minutes and then long forgotton YOU ARE WORTH IT! We can do this the first week is the hardest. Best of luck ~ and hang in there give a shout to your clinic or here if you need help. Think long term not short term
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post

Hang in there everyones differnet!
The 1st week is hard & your body needs to adjust. Are you weighing all you food? Drinking enough water?
Just keep up the good work!
dawny95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Thanks for the encouragement! Not in ketosis today either. I have decided not to test again until my next weigh in day. I don't want to get discouraged Nd go off.
Thanks again!
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
While ketosis is good, don't think of it as the be-all end-all. At 600 - 700 calories a day, you're going to lose just as much weight if you were in ketosis or not. I've had days where I fall in and out of it. I still lose the same amount of weight. You could also be well hydrated, in which case the ketones could be dispersed in the liquid.

Don't give up just cause you're not in ketosis. You're still going to lose fat. Trust me!
guitarjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
I lost 96 pounds in six months on medi and I have never been in Ketosis.... hang in there
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
While ketosis is good, don't think of it as the be-all end-all. At 600 - 700 calories a day, you're going to lose just as much weight if you were in ketosis or not. I've had days where I fall in and out of it. I still lose the same amount of weight. You could also be well hydrated, in which case the ketones could be dispersed in the liquid.

Don't give up just cause you're not in ketosis. You're still going to lose fat. Trust me!
Yep, what he said. How can you NOT lose eating 500-600 calories per day?! I have been out of ketosis for a week and am still losing. Don't quit!
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Busymommy
Don't quit! My ketosis shows up sometimes, and doesn't other times, and I've lost 40 lbs in 10 weeks. If you know you've been doing everything right then you've got nothing to worry about. My clinic told me that your body can burn off the keytones (and typically it becomes more efficient at burning them the longer you're in ketosis). Also, if you are physically active they may not show up as dark. Please don't give up! I promise you will NOT regret sticking with it- you will see results quickly and it will all be worth it Hang in there
Busymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Twisted Suze
Stats: 5'3"_224/219.2/150
WOE: Atkins - Induction 2014
Start Date: 31 July 2014
At the MWL I go to they said if the little square on the strip changes color at all, then you're in ketosis.
Mine hasn't gotten further than matching that first light color square.
I think I was in and out the first week.
I'd feel like I was about to get a no-carb headache....my head would feel tight, and then it would go away.

Personally I think it's probably healthier to be borderline than in full ketosis, but it's just my opinion.
Twisted Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
I have been at this for almost 4 months. Except for the first two weeks of showing darker on the strip I always stay in the first square color after neutral. I drink alot of water, over 100 ounces a day and the clinic says that may be why. Either way, the program is obviously working.

BTW, after the "dextrose" infusion I received at a hospital a few weeks ago (2 days worth out of 4) it took me 3 days repeating week one to get back in to ketosis. Unlike others here, I found it easier the second time around (repeating week one for x no. of days) because I am so used to the low calorie, high protein part anyway....I just had to skip the added carbs.

I also ate yogurt with 3 carbs on morning. Still ended up in ketosis in 3 days, not 4. I guess I would say, DONT check til you've completed 3 days, then take it a day at a time til you're back in ketosis. Good luck!
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: steph4414
Stats: 217/201.5/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/30/2011
I always seem to be in small or trace and I'm losing consistently.
Keep your head up
steph4414 is offline   Reply With Quote