Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   *Spectacularly Splendid September for MWL Results* (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/733549-spectacularly-splendid-september-mwl-results.html)

Desert-Rose7 09-01-2011 12:31 AM

*Spectacularly Splendid September for MWL Results*
 
WOW!!! September already! Football season, back to school and time for long walks in the cool Fall air! What special plans and goals do YOU have for September? MWL truly is the one that works! You CAN do it!


Go for it! :heart:


Jo

guitarjg 09-01-2011 06:12 AM

Some serious slimming showing, Sounds Super! Should Stop saying S Sentences!

christyran1228 09-01-2011 06:19 AM

So I'm scared of my 3rd weigh-in today ... I haven't deviated from my diet, but my muscles are seriously sore!

Not as good with the S's as Jeff. lol

hyonlyf 09-01-2011 06:52 AM

New here and getting lots of helpful information from you all. I am on day 3 and feeling pretty well so far....but the day just started :)

The few food choices are getting tiresome, but I'm making it work.

Determined Gemini 09-01-2011 07:59 AM

September yet another busy month and a very sad one. Sept 3rd would have been my grandpa's 75th birthday He was the father I never meet (my dad passed away when I was 5 months old) and I miss him so much. I was in NYC on 9/11 ( really don't want to remember this day and hate seeing the images on the news) Sept 22nd would be my son's 18th birthday who passed away 16 years ago. Finally on 9/23 my grandpa passed away 2 years ago. It always hits me hard and it only gets harder. As Green Day's song 'Wake me Up when September Ends' goes

The innocent can never last
Here comes the rain again falling from the starts
drenched in my pain again becoming who I AM
as the memory rests but never forgets what I lost
like my son's come to pass sixteen years has gone so fast
wake me up when September ends

Any way both my son and I go back to school next week, he's off to 11th grade and another class for my masters. He plays HS football, I'm an officer in the football club and run the concession stand for all home games and of course my full time job and long commute to NYC.

For the 3rd year I'm participating in a 3 day 220 mile breast cancer bike ride. I need to raise $2,500.00 and train, specially focusing on hills! Honestly I'm more afraid of the fundraising :eek:

I must be more FOCUSED and DETERMINED now more than ever! Ahh I've hit many obstacles the last few months and my silver lining is to not give up. I may not be losing as quickly as I would like to however a pound lost is a pound lost. I'm happy just as long as I don't gain which I've managed to do (well other than when I swelled up like a sponge!)

Good luck to everyone!

christyran1228 09-01-2011 09:12 AM

Starting September surprised by a 5 pound loss & joining the -20 club ... In only 3 weeks! :-D

dawny95 09-01-2011 09:49 AM

hyonlyf,
I am on day 6 my 1st weigh in is tomorrow. We both started the same week :)
What have you been eating? Where are you struggling?

ktbug283 09-01-2011 09:58 AM

I am doing the LC WOE on my own, but with a Medi style. I wish I could afford to go to the clinic, really for the accountability aspect. But since that is not currently possible, a friend and I are starting a book study tonight of Lysa TerKeurst's book Made to Crave and we are going to weigh in once a week together for the accountability. I love this site and find all the posts inspiring and informational!

city-gal 09-01-2011 04:05 PM

I am about to start week 3. First week down 5.6 this week 2.3 feeling good have added back walking now need to get more creative with what I eat. Hope it is a great month!

christyran1228 09-01-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by city-gal (Post 14967854)
I am about to start week 3. First week down 5.6 this week 2.3 feeling good have added back walking now need to get more creative with what I eat. Hope it is a great month!


I love to cook, but never really bothered with low-cal recipes before, so lately I've really been looking at the recipes at mediweightlossclinics.com. For dinner the other night I made the No-Noodle Chicken casserole. OMG. I made it for my family (didn't tell them it was low-cal) ... I served it to them over a little steamed rice and I just ate it as is. It was a huge portion, and it was so delicious! My family was very surprised when I told them afterward that they had just eaten "diet" food. lol

I will definitely make that again. Getting creative definitely helps. I've been tending to not have eaten enough calories during the day, so my favorite dessert has been a serving of LF cottage cheese topped with sugar free jello and a little shot of Redi-whip. Yum! I would eat that diet or not. :)

Congratulations on your 8 pounds gone!! :high5:

christyran1228 09-01-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktbug283 (Post 14966734)
I am doing the LC WOE on my own, but with a Medi style. I wish I could afford to go to the clinic, really for the accountability aspect. But since that is not currently possible, a friend and I are starting a book study tonight of Lysa TerKeurst's book Made to Crave and we are going to weigh in once a week together for the accountability. I love this site and find all the posts inspiring and informational!


It helps so much to have a friend to go through it with ... 10 years ago when I'd lost my *first* 80 pounds, I did it right a long with my best friend. We were very good motivation for each other. :)

christyran1228 09-01-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny95 (Post 14966704)
hyonlyf,
I am on day 6 my 1st weigh in is tomorrow. We both started the same week :)
What have you been eating? Where are you struggling?

Good luck on your weigh-in!

christyran1228 09-01-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Determined Gemini (Post 14966289)
September yet another busy month and a very sad one. Sept 3rd would have been my grandpa's 75th birthday He was the father I never meet (my dad passed away when I was 5 months old) and I miss him so much. I was in NYC on 9/11 ( really don't want to remember this day and hate seeing the images on the news) Sept 22nd would be my son's 18th birthday who passed away 16 years ago. Finally on 9/23 my grandpa passed away 2 years ago. It always hits me hard and it only gets harder. As Green Day's song 'Wake me Up when September Ends' goes

The innocent can never last
Here comes the rain again falling from the starts
drenched in my pain again becoming who I AM
as the memory rests but never forgets what I lost
like my son's come to pass sixteen years has gone so fast
wake me up when September ends

Any way both my son and I go back to school next week, he's off to 11th grade and another class for my masters. He plays HS football, I'm an officer in the football club and run the concession stand for all home games and of course my full time job and long commute to NYC.

For the 3rd year I'm participating in a 3 day 220 mile breast cancer bike ride. I need to raise $2,500.00 and train, specially focusing on hills! Honestly I'm more afraid of the fundraising :eek:

I must be more FOCUSED and DETERMINED now more than ever! Ahh I've hit many obstacles the last few months and my silver lining is to not give up. I may not be losing as quickly as I would like to however a pound lost is a pound lost. I'm happy just as long as I don't gain which I've managed to do (well other than when I swelled up like a sponge!)

Good luck to everyone!

You're obviously a very strong woman if you're still sane with what you've been through ... you can definitely do this! You've come so far already!

christyran1228 09-01-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyonlyf (Post 14966026)
New here and getting lots of helpful information from you all. I am on day 3 and feeling pretty well so far....but the day just started :)

The few food choices are getting tiresome, but I'm making it work.

Get creative ... there are a ton of things you can eat. So many varieties of seafood, beef, pork. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, pickle spears and sugar free jello got me through the first week! Hang in there! :)

dawny95 09-01-2011 06:14 PM

Thank you Chirstyran1228!

hyonlyf 09-02-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny95 (Post 14966704)
hyonlyf,
I am on day 6 my 1st weigh in is tomorrow. We both started the same week :)
What have you been eating? Where are you struggling?

Hi

I am struggling with trying fix meals for my family yet not eat or taste it. Last night was grilled chicken breasts, mixed veggies and mac-n-cheese...oh the mac-n-cheese was so hard to not eat.

And eggs, if I see another egg it'll be too soon :p

I did find a drink I liked, the Propel in Berry, also bought lemon flavor but haven't tried it yet.

Sitting here eating my plain yogurt, about to take my appetite suppresant, only 1/2, and my vitamins. I have not started the fat burners as I am very leary of how they will make me feel. So far I am really OK! Very surprised at how unjittery I am today.

I tested this AM as it is day 4 and I was in ketosis! About a 4 I believe. Bad news is it's my "time of the month" but hopefully will be over by 1st weigh in Tuesday.

What about you? What seems to be your biggest challenge? I just love to eat and find it hard to not have that "full" feeling I am accustomed to. I can eat a whole Subway footlong at one sitting LOL no problem.

Good luck on your journey, it may be hard but the rewards will be worth it.

hyonlyf 09-02-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyran1228 (Post 14968071)
Get creative ... there are a ton of things you can eat. So many varieties of seafood, beef, pork. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, pickle spears and sugar free jello got me through the first week! Hang in there! :)

My clinic said no pickles, no jell-o :-( but I think I can stick to it through Tuesday where I will hopefully get permission to eat a few more foods.

I am really concerned about what to eat when eating out. I travel a lot with my girls' soccer team and it requires eating on the road. I will ask my counsellor at next meeting and hope she has some ideas.

Thanks for the food tips anyway. I will be stuffing my pickles in next week :p

Swirveegrl 09-02-2011 09:01 AM

Great progress here. I've been MIA with posting for a while, because I've been enjoying summer to the fullest for the first time in a LONG, LONG while! Everyone keep up the great work! Happy to see Mary, and Fit2010 are still plugging along with me! YOU can become the change you want to SEE :)
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

jbjb93 09-02-2011 09:37 AM

First day! Had my appt at MWL. Ready to go!!

christyran1228 09-02-2011 05:01 PM

OMG ... first pizza delivery order, and I have no idea what I'm going to eat! This is not good!!!!! lol

dawny95 09-02-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyonlyf (Post 14969510)
Hi

I am struggling with trying fix meals for my family yet not eat or taste it. Last night was grilled chicken breasts, mixed veggies and mac-n-cheese...oh the mac-n-cheese was so hard to not eat.

And eggs, if I see another egg it'll be too soon :p

I did find a drink I liked, the Propel in Berry, also bought lemon flavor but haven't tried it yet.

Sitting here eating my plain yogurt, about to take my appetite suppresant, only 1/2, and my vitamins. I have not started the fat burners as I am very leary of how they will make me feel. So far I am really OK! Very surprised at how unjittery I am today.

I tested this AM as it is day 4 and I was in ketosis! About a 4 I believe. Bad news is it's my "time of the month" but hopefully will be over by 1st weigh in Tuesday.

What about you? What seems to be your biggest challenge? I just love to eat and find it hard to not have that "full" feeling I am accustomed to. I can eat a whole Subway footlong at one sitting LOL no problem.

Good luck on your journey, it may be hard but the rewards will be worth it.

I totally understand, I am also fixing meals for my family. I have a 6 yr old & there is alot of snacks in the house. I also love to eat food. But thats what got me here. So I am trying my best & thats all we can do. I have been eating a lot fish for dinner & it seems to keep me fuller at night. (maybe its in my head...Lol)

I had my 1st weight in today down 5.6lbs I was alittle disappointed because my scale showed a loss of 7lbs. But I am still happy lost 1lb of fat!!!! Good luck this 1st week !

dawny95 09-02-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyran1228 (Post 14971161)
OMG ... first pizza delivery order, and I have no idea what I'm going to eat! This is not good!!!!! lol

Run,Run,Run...... Kidding! You can resist!!!

dawny95 09-02-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjb93 (Post 14969987)
First day! Had my appt at MWL. Ready to go!!

Congrats!!! There are alot of newbies here including me! 1st week is hard dont get discouraged.

dawny95 09-02-2011 05:42 PM

Had my 1st weigh in today. I lost 5.6lbs was alittle disappointed at first because my scale had shown 7lb weight loss. But I am still happy 1 pound was fat...Woohoo!

christyran1228 09-02-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny95 (Post 14971225)
Run,Run,Run...... Kidding! You can resist!!!

lol ... it's horrible! Fortunately my family isn't mean and is keeping it from rubbing it in!

I had gone to the gym earlier, so I had to replace a lot of protein calories so I made a huge chef salad ... 1 c. romain & cucumbers, 2oz ham, 2oz turkey, 1 serving LF shredded cheddar and one whole chopped up boiled egg. That was a pretty huge, yummy salad!


Congratulations on your 5.6lbs ... that's fantastic! :high5:

hyonlyf 09-03-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny95 (Post 14971278)
Had my 1st weigh in today. I lost 5.6lbs was alittle disappointed at first because my scale had shown 7lb weight loss. But I am still happy 1 pound was fat...Woohoo!

That's still a great weight loss! Keep up the program and every week you will have a good weigh-in :)


My good friend who started the program July 1 has lost 24lbs as of yesterday. Another friend I had not seen in a year had dropped 56lbs with MWL, she looked awesome. The clinic here just opened last year and I swear half the people I know are doing it :p the other half are waiting to see how they do.

I splurged on some $$$$ lunchmeat at the deli counter, mmmmm good. Also tried some of the Walden farm fat, calorie and carb free dressing to dip meat in. Heaven.

My Labor looks to be a wet one, TS Lee is dropping rain like crazy. Hope you all have a great holiday!!

hyonlyf 09-03-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjb93 (Post 14969987)
First day! Had my appt at MWL. Ready to go!!

Welcome! There are quite a few first/second weekers here I think.

I am on day 5 and doing alright :)

Lynnea 09-03-2011 02:27 PM

I'm on my third week and lost 9 lbs total on my first two weigh ins. I'm very happy so far with the results and the food.
The first week was the hardest. I'm getting used to it now and it is getting easier. Losing those first pounds is so inspiring!

Kandi1 09-03-2011 04:22 PM

Soon to be Newbie
 
Hi Everyone--:)

My first appointment is this coming tuesday and I can't wait to get started. I have been so depressed about my ever growing size and have found much hope in your posts. I feel as if I already know some of you and want to congratulate you all on your efforts, dedication, and willpower. I am trying to decide if I will share the fact that I am on this program with my family and friends. They don't all have the best track record for best support system when it comes to weight loss....they are more like sabbotagers! I love the support I feel here already and look foward to sharing this journey here!!

Kandi:heart:

Fit2010 09-03-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyran1228 (Post 14971161)
OMG ... first pizza delivery order, and I have no idea what I'm going to eat! This is not good!!!!! lol

Solution: On a microwave safe large plate place a couple paper towels, then put on 17 slices of turkey pepperoni, then cover with another paper towel. Nuke for about 1 minute, I like mine crispy....then remove paper towels....sop up the "grease", then sprinkle a little bit of mozz cheese over and nuke again. Whalla....MWL safe "pizza"!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.