Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Very happy to see how active the MEDI board has been this month It's awesome! I have been on more of a maintenance way of eating for the last few months, but have still managed to lose 12 lbs, since not going to MEDI since July. I had 2 less than stellar visits to the clinic in a row, and quite honestly I became disappointed with the level of service for 70$ a pop. I didn't feel like it was worth 70$ a week to be told that I have lost so much the only thing I can do now is exercise more. So I have stopped all of the supplements, stick to my low carb way of eating, and am losing the weight MUCH slower, but not gaining any! I wanted to share this to let you all know it is possible to make this a way of life, without feeling like you are denied or suffering. I was a TIGHT size 20 pants in January, and am a comfortable size 10 this month! You can do it, make the decision to change your behaviors, it's a great one!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 09-26-2011 at 05:05 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Rachel - I do not want to even admit how much I've spent on MWL, and then allowed my "behaviors" or illnesses sabotage my WOE. Please stick around here....we need you and you need us! My last visit to the clinic was last week. I got a much needed cheerleading "you can do this AGAIN" boost, but I also asked for a total amount I've spent there. THAT was a reality check. Would I really seriously take that amount and flush it down the toilet? Rather than continue to make myself feel badly about it, I looked at it as an investment into my health and my future choices. I know that I have been helped health-wise, and still have work to do schedule-wise....such as finish grad school in the next few months and get back to real living! I know that the many times I've been on Cipro have changed my WOE because I'd have to be off milk/whey/etc. I want only to encourage everybody here. Stay with it....like Rachel said, "You can do it, make the decision to change your behaviors...!" I was a tight size 16 pants prior to MWL and I'm amazed that I can still fit into 10's. But, I have a closet FULL of size 8 pants/a few 6's; lots of medium tops---and I want back in them! Today marked 167.5 lbs, yikes! This is the end of a successful day one restart for me.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your reply Fit2010, I've been lurking around here most of the summer, not posting much, but reading. This is an INVALUABLE resource, especially for newbies. People look at me like I'm coo-coo for saying no to the cookies, mashed potatoes, rice, chocolate cake, etc. etc. etc. that surround the office, family gatherings, and other functions; HOWEVER, they also wonder how I've lost nearly 60 lbs since January Granted, I am losing slower now, because eventally, your body figures you out. I am maintaing & still losing slowly, and that means the world to me I'm trying to get ENERGIZED, and more motivated, to get back to the gym, that has been a difficult hurdle for me; especially with the weather getting ready to turn cold I find it difficult to make going to the gym my FIRST priority, once the work day ends. I don't know why, I always find other things I'd rather do, like clearence shop for size 10 clothes I know that's not an acceptable excuse, because I probably shouldn't be as elated as I am to be a 10, because realistically I should probably be a 6 at my height, but I've never worn a size 10 ever, never, ever can I recall!
Fit2010 I have pretty much convinced myself that I have an allergy to processed foods/grains. I know it sounds bonkers, BUT my reaction is fatness, so I have chosen, since February 2011, to eliminate those things from my diet PERMANENTLY and not look back. I think of myself, as a sugar-addict, so I cut it out completely! The only carbs I consume come from fruits/vegetables, and I feel healthy, and sexy! I mean if an alcoholic admits he/she to be an alcoholic, would we allow them 1 drink a day? These are simply my personal thoughts, and it makes staying the course that much simpler for me! These drastic measures may not suite everyone, for me they are working, I am healthy, and feeling lovely!
I do want to make a point to say that I fully advocate for MEDI. I am not saying that the program didn't work for me, it did absolutely 100%, and most likely I will return at some point. What I was trying to explain, was that since I have the tools for the diet, MEDI can not MAKE ME do anything. Going there weekly, can NOT MAKE me get up and go the gym, or run longer, or jog faster. Only I can do that. I totally advocate for the program, it gave me the tools, and taught me the dietary guidelines, best suited for me. Thanks to those tools, I have experienced the joys of wearing a bathing suite, and not having to cry in the dressing room, but SMILE, jump up and down, and feel like 1 million bucks, most people probably wouldn't feel that way with the same image staring back at them, but with the progress I have made I feel like a super-star!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 09-26-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: losing4me
Stats: 212/203.5/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Sept. 6, 2011
Rachel, thank you for your posts. I'm glad that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work. Kudos to you!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I've never worn a size 10 ever, never, ever can I recall!
Fit2010 I have pretty much convinced myself that I have an allergy to processed foods/grains. I know it sounds bonkers, BUT my reaction is fatness, so I have chosen, since February 2011, to eliminate those things from my diet PERMANENTLY and not look back. I think of myself, as a sugar-addict, so I cut it out completely! The only carbs I consume come from fruits/vegetables, and I feel healthy, and sexy! I mean if an alcoholic admits he/she to be an alcoholic, would we allow them 1 drink a day? These are simply my personal thoughts, and it makes staying the course that much simpler for me! These drastic measures may not suite everyone, for me they are working, I am healthy, and feeling lovely!I do want to make a point to say that I fully advocate for MEDI. I am not saying that the program didn't work for me, it did absolutely 100%, Thanks to those tools, I have experienced the joys of wearing a bathing suite, and not having to cry in the dressing room, but SMILE, jump up and down, and feel like 1 million bucks, most people probably wouldn't feel that way with the same image staring back at them, but with the progress I have made I feel like a super-star!
Rachel - You are saying all that I have said in the past. But you are COMMITED to staying away from those unhealthy carbs....and I'm proud of you for it! It's why I've done some "research" on HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), which is in EVERYTHING (nearly) that is processed....it makes me puff up like a marshmallow too....you are right how you equate it with 'ism' kind of responses. It just is an addiction, really, really....and it's all over the place, allowed, celebrated in all situations, oversized, and made "normal." Let's fight back!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Deb & Losing4me- Deb I couldn't agree more. As a society, we are overwhelemed with upsizing, value meals, triple size portions, the list goes on and on. We DO HAVE TO FIGHT BACK! It's obvious by our obesity epidemic, prevalence of Diabetes, HyperTensionN, the increased numbers of cardiovascular patients leading to higher numbers of patients receiving Renal Replacement Therapy. It is a VICIOUS cycle. We used to be hunters & gatherers, we used to forge the way for our food, hunt & gather. People take for granted how readily accessibly food is for us, and we quite frankly abuse it. Overeating, overindulging, drugging ourselves into a sugar induced high, then bottoming out into a comatose over-production of insulin. It's self-destructive, abusive, the bottom line is we DON'T NEED those foods. I'm so happy that I have that knowledge now, and the power to own my food choices, not feel like I would be an idiot if I didn't pay just that extra 49cents to upsize to a super fry & cola. Now salad is my staple, and if you notice, there is never an option to upsize that for 49cents good food cost more, accept it, and make sacrifices in other areas!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
yeah Maramom! Love losing the FAT pounds! Great job! WE are proud of you!

Swirveegrl - laughed at the upsize on the salad! 2 wks ago (oot of work), people argued with me at 2 restuaraunts when I said I didn't want rolls! Good grief! You are so right about what we are designed to eat.

I don't know when I have finished losing if I will be able to resist some sweets, but I'm really finding I don't need bread. I don't miss it (scones, rolls, etc.) other than I would like another breakfast option! I cook eggs on the weekend at home, but work days it is grab and go.

Oscar Meyer Carving Board ham is good - with no extra stuff! 1 carb per serving. Had that for breakfast today with lf string cheese.

Any other ideas for breakfasts on the go anyone? I also do boiled eggs alot.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:41 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: losing4me
Stats: 212/203.5/160
Start Date: Sept. 6, 2011
Rachel, I am headed out shortly to the clinic for me weekly weigh-in. Very excited about that. However, it is my last visit to the clinic for a while We had budgeted a certain amount for me to get started with Medi, and to get my mindset right. I feel that i am off to a good start, and I do not miss having the junk that was a part of my daily life. I really think I can do it on my own now, and reading your message has given my hope! I'm still staying with the Medi WOE, just won't be going to the clinic!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjb93 View Post
yeah Maramom! Love losing the FAT pounds! Great job! WE are proud of you!

Swirveegrl - laughed at the upsize on the salad! 2 wks ago (oot of work), people argued with me at 2 restuaraunts when I said I didn't want rolls! Good grief! You are so right about what we are designed to eat.

I don't know when I have finished losing if I will be able to resist some sweets, but I'm really finding I don't need bread. I don't miss it (scones, rolls, etc.) other than I would like another breakfast option! I cook eggs on the weekend at home, but work days it is grab and go.

Oscar Meyer Carving Board ham is good - with no extra stuff! 1 carb per serving. Had that for breakfast today with lf string cheese.

Any other ideas for breakfasts on the go anyone? I also do boiled eggs alot.
Well, when I am really in a hurry I get an egg from McD's, you know the round one like they put on a McMuffin? 80 calories, and sometimes a Canadian bacon patty for an additional 50 calories.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

breakfast

jbjb93,
Since adopting the MEDI WOE I have made an effort to make breakfast every morning. I will tell you why. I know it is time consuming, inconvenient, and requires me to get up earlier in the morning, BUT it is part of my new routine. I get up in the morning, I take the time to feed my body something it needs (usually 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, half an apple occassionally) and my morning coffeesssss I find that when I start my day off this way, I am fuller for longer, I am relaxed as I start my day, and most importantly I start my day off the right way every single day!
I'm not frantically trying to think of which drive thru, I can make it through in time, to order something that requires me to disassemble it, typically get covered in cheese, greese, or some other disgusting additive Clearly, I'm speaking from experience
When I do need something quick, I will typically have turkey bacon with a Sargento low fat cheddar cheese stick, or cottage cheese with strawberries, slicked turkey/ham/chicken or whatever lean protein I have on hand, possibly a MEDI WL protein bar, or a powercrunch protein bar. I only recommed the protein bars for people that are active, especially the power crunch, because they are higher in fat/cals. Kroger carbmaster yogurt & turkey bacon was my go to breakfast for many months, and I still like it! My favorite flavor is the vanilla!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - I like the carbmaster's vanilla yogurt and add almost 2 tsps of cinnamon in it. Bonus!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
I like EAS AdvantEdge carb control shakes 110 cal/ only 3 net carbs & they taste pretty good. I started to gag from the eggs I also like Carb Master yogurts.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Yep, I have gotten where I'm a little repulsed by eggs lately. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me because nothing sounds good that early in the morning. Today I had plain yogurt with lemonade Crystal Light powder and FF SF whipped cream on it.

I went for my 4 week weigh in today and lost 3lbs! 2.5 fat and .5 water. Very pleased. I want this to stay off though...anxious about the long term.

Good luck to all the others doing their weigh-ins this week!! Hope to see some great losses
Old 09-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
Congratulations on your 3lbs!!

I weigh in tomorrow morning-ish, and not expecting a loss of anything. I think I've overdone it at the gym both last week and this week and my muscles are sore from head to toe. My scale at home hasn't budged.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Congratulations on the 3lb loss!!!!

I am trying to catch up on the posts. However, while I do let me say how inspiring this board is for me. Rachel and Deb you are both so inspiring to me. I have had a stomach virus the last couple of days along with the kiddos. Needless to say I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was horrible and then someone has to clean up after kiddos. I know to much information. On a good note I went and weighed in today and was down 3.2lbs. I just hope some of it doesn't show back up next week. Because I am 2.8lbs away from goal. I am praying to hit it next week and start what I say is the hard part of this program and my life. I must admit I am scared and excited to see a finish line. It hit me today that if I can finish my goal next week. I would have lost 101 lbs in less time than I was pregnant the first time. My husband and best friend are planning a big party for me as a celebration. I have told my husband not to worry about it that was to much money at this time of the year. He tells me he is doing it that I deserve it and it should be celebrated. I have a hard time with it all because I feel like I never should have allowed myself to get that big to begin with. But, it is an accomplishment and will continue to be. I hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow. I will try to catch up as soon as possible. For now, I have more sheets and towels to sanitize.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Ferrarimomof3 - THAT'S SO AWESOME that you're almost to goal! Really, really take the time to stick with MWL and learn maintenance, then get to wellness. Perhaps your clinic will give you a "break" ($ wise) when you have successfully been in wellness for a month....then you can keep it up and stop yourself when you're up just 2 to 5 lbs, instead of 15 to 50!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Well, I'll be rooting for you Ferrarimom! Your stats have been my inspiration since I found this forum back in July. Great job and keep us posted next week!
(we can have a cyber party!)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

FerrariMomof3

You are awesome, and you inspire me! Your stats are so inspiring, I have really questioned if it's possible for me to get to 130lbs, but when i look @ your stats it seems like I can reach my goal, maybe 130 isn't realistic for my body build, but i think 140 is ! I admire your stick to it and your self discipline! I second Deb, STAY WITH THE PROGRAM! Clearly it is working wonders for you. Don't beat yourself up about "letting [yourself] get that size", but celebrate your ability to change. Afterall, changing yourself is incredibly difficult. Embrace the support from your husband and friends, you are inspiring, and I hope you continue to share your story with others, to let them BELIEVE they can too be that empowered to break bad habits!
Browsing through your pics- FANTASTIC change! Will you post a side by side before & after here to help inspire some of the new kids on the block!?!

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 09-29-2011 at 04:11 AM..
Old 09-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelynn
Stats: 215/157/150
Start Date: 9/6/11
At my 3-week weigh-in, I was up a pound, BUT:
=Lost 1.5 pounds fat and gained 2 pounds water
=Body fat percentage was down almost 1 percentage point

I'll take it!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarimomof3 View Post
Congratulations on the 3lb loss!!!!

I am trying to catch up on the posts. However, while I do let me say how inspiring this board is for me. Rachel and Deb you are both so inspiring to me. I have had a stomach virus the last couple of days along with the kiddos. Needless to say I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. It was horrible and then someone has to clean up after kiddos. I know to much information. On a good note I went and weighed in today and was down 3.2lbs. I just hope some of it doesn't show back up next week. Because I am 2.8lbs away from goal. I am praying to hit it next week and start what I say is the hard part of this program and my life. I must admit I am scared and excited to see a finish line. It hit me today that if I can finish my goal next week. I would have lost 101 lbs in less time than I was pregnant the first time. My husband and best friend are planning a big party for me as a celebration. I have told my husband not to worry about it that was to much money at this time of the year. He tells me he is doing it that I deserve it and it should be celebrated. I have a hard time with it all because I feel like I never should have allowed myself to get that big to begin with. But, it is an accomplishment and will continue to be. I hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow. I will try to catch up as soon as possible. For now, I have more sheets and towels to sanitize.
How awesome! I totally get you saying getting close to goal is exciting yet scary...wondering if this is too good to be true, will it stay off? At least those are MY concerns (and my skeptical friends). You look wonderful and people you haven't seen in a while must be amazed at the transformation!! Do you have any stories to tell? With such a great loss and testimony did you get your clinic a lot of referrals LOL ?

Great job, keep up the loss!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelynn View Post
At my 3-week weigh-in, I was up a pound, BUT:
=Lost 1.5 pounds fat and gained 2 pounds water
=Body fat percentage was down almost 1 percentage point

I'll take it!
Yeah I had a week similar, small loss due to water gain. The fat loss is still good though.

Tip: WATCH the sodium day before and day of weigh in. No diet sodas or pickles etc
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

With my weight loss my young son commented yesterday that my arm flaps aren't as big and floppy. Well, thanks...I think.

I looked and he is right, soon I can wave with my arm extended

My butt is flatter too, the sour with the sweet I guess.

Anyone else have any noticeable changes?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the breakfast ideas! I've just got to spend some time in the store. I can't do most yogurts as they have aspartame.

I'm going to try a protein shake - they have an artificial sweetner that I haven't had, so I need to do it on a weekend in case I'm allergic. My friend gave me some her husband likes - I will let you know if it is any good.

I've managed to not do any fastfood, I've been taking meats or poulty when I'm off eggs.

I've made the 1-minute muffin which is good, but I only want to do that every so often.

Weigh in tomorrow. Got my old pants out to wash. They are tight but I got them buttoned! They will be perfect after a couple more pounds.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

hyonlyf and Michelynn-

The fat loss is the big thing! Anyone can lose or put on water!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

I completely agree JBJB93- Water weight fluctuates, I always focus on the fat loss.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

My 7-week weigh in yesterday: -4lbs fat, +4lbs water. I knew the water gain was coming, though ... my muscles have been so sore from my workouts lately.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
Start Date: August 27 2011
week 5 - down 1.8 lbs.

Has anyone tried Russell Stover Sugar Free Cinnamon snack bars? I think they would be ok on Medi??? Any experts out there with an opinion? Looking for quick snacks to stash in my purse for emergencys. Thanks!

Dawn

Sugar Free Cinnamon Bun Snack Bars - Tasty breakfast bars with yummy cinnamon bun taste. Five bars to a box. Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 Bar (31g), Total Servings 5 bars,Calories 100,Calories from fat 50, Total Fat 5g,Saturated Fat 3g,Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg,Sodium 85mg,Total Carbohydrates 17g*,Dietary Fiber 6g*, Sugars 0g,Sugar Alcohols 9g*,Protein 4g. Ingredients: Polydextrose, chocolate candy{maltitol, chocolate, cocoa butter, sodium caseinate (milk), milk fat, soy lecithin emulsifier, Sucralose, natural and artificial flavor, and salt},soy protein crisp {soy protein isolate,calcium carbonate, tapioca starch,salt}, maltitol syrup, sorbitol, rolled oats, almonds, Pastel coating{maltitol, fractionated palm kernel oil and partially hydrogenated palm oil, sodium caseinate (milk), milk fat, glycerol-lacto esters of fatty acids with citric acid, soy lecithin emulsifier, vanillin/an artificial flavor, natural flavor, and Sucralose},coconut oil, spice, salt, Sucralose, artificial flavor, Vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), Vitamin E (acetate), Biotin, folate, niacin (niacinamide), pantothenic acid (D-calcium pantothenate), Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate), Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Calcium (dicalcium phosphate), copper (copper gluconate), iodine (potassium iodide), iron (ferrous fumarate), phosphorus (dicalcium phosphate), and zinc (zinc oxide). Allergy Information: Products have been produced on shared equipment with peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat. *Net carbs as listed by the manufacturer on the package = 2g per serving.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Rachel I enjoy your posts a lot you have done so amazing!! As right now I may be moving I know I will have to continue Medi on my own. A scarey thought right now.

Christyran 1228 have you already lost 30 pounds?? That is incrediable. I think we started around the same time. I am down 18 pounds.

Been busy but trying to log and read. Went to the clinic the other day seems I need to eat more protein but the Doctor was happy and said I am doing well.

I would like to add greek yogurt but cant seem to find any that are low in carbs does anyone have a brand they eat?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I was at 30 at my 6-week weigh in, and my 7-week weigh in, too. lol

I've tried the plain, fat free Oikos with a spoonful of SF orange jello powder and a squirt of Redi-Whip. I think it was one of the lowest, but I can't remember off hand how many carbs were in it. The Dannon carb control vanilla isn't Greek, but it wasn't too terrible.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

dawny95- that's not at all very high in protein for being an acute "protein" snack JMHO

Jo, Susie, Mary...what do you think?

I copied this from the netrition website:
LifeSource Foods
PolyD Fiber
PolyD Fiber is a fiber supplement and is 100% polydextrose.

PolyD Fiber can be used as a sugar and/or fat replacer and adds a significant amount of fiber to foods. It is 90% fiber. It provides about 1 calorie per gram vs. 4 calories per gram for other carbs. It keeps foods moist, and acts as a bulking agent replacing fat and sugar volume. When water is added, polydextrose forms a gel that mimics some of the functional characteristics of fat. PolyD Fiber's prebiotic effects help promote growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.

As a fiber supplement, stir PolyD Fiber into your favorite drink. It dissolves best in warm or hot liquids. It tends to gel in cold liquids.

Last edited by Fit2010; 09-30-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Closed Thread