Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Need a Buddy for my First Week (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/732251-need-buddy-my-first-week.html)

clross1221 08-21-2011 07:37 AM

Need a Buddy for my First Week
 
Anyone interested in buddying up for the first week? I start tomorrow and would love to partner with someone who is going through the first week. Hopefully we can encourage each other to succeed.

Mary T8M 08-21-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clross1221 (Post 14933359)
Anyone interested in buddying up for the first week? I start tomorrow and would love to partner with someone who is going through the first week. Hopefully we can encourage each other to succeed.

Have you checked out this thread......it's especially for week 1 http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...eek-1-2-a.html I know I spent every day during week one reading not only the new posts but TONS of the old posts too. Also check out the monthly threads.....there is a new one for each month, and even though the previous month's thread is locked to any NEW posts they're still great to read

:welcome:

city-gal 08-21-2011 03:45 PM

I just started Medi weight loss yesterday today was day two would love a buddy! Lets do this!

clross1221 08-22-2011 07:49 PM

How did day two go? I'm getting ready to go to bed now. Made it through my first day.

amberhyde 08-24-2011 11:52 AM

I started 8/19, also looking for a buddy.

sillykimmie 08-24-2011 12:01 PM

Are you doing induction?
There is a whole catagory for induction on the front page of LCF.
I'm currently on my third week of induction. I've done low carb off and on over the years.
When I start out I keep it simple at first.
Best of luck!!

amberhyde 08-24-2011 12:03 PM

No I am doing Medi Weightloss. Very excited about this program though.

sillykimmie 08-24-2011 12:26 PM

Oops, sorry I didn't read the header on your post. :o
Wishing you the best of luck!

city-gal 08-24-2011 04:58 PM

Made it through day 5. I feel really good @amberhyde and @coss1221 how are you doing? What are you eatting? It has been a challange to get all my fluids in. So far so good

amberhyde 08-25-2011 09:50 AM

Doing well. My counsellor said it was okay to have 6-8 bottles of water and I have been focusing on the 6 part. So far so good. Developed a really yummy recipe:

Omelet:
1 whole egg,
1 egg white
3oz canadian bacon
2 wedges laughing cow light french onion
fresh chives
Mccormick grillmates roasted garlic and herb

Mix eggs and spray nonstick spray on pan over medium high heat. When partially cooked add remaining ingredients to one half. fold other half over top and serve.

This is super yummy and really low in calories.

Enjoy, and if you have any other fun stuff let me know.

city-gal 08-25-2011 05:00 PM

That sounds good. I have been drinking the Medi shake in the morning and chicken for lunch my go to snack is the 100 calorie almonds. I also like shrimp so have been making that and the mock-cocktail sauce (sugar free Ketchup with horseradish). I bought the southwestern egg whites. Every day I drink one of the zero Poweraides love it~ Tomorrow is my weigh in. When is your weigh in?

christyran1228 08-25-2011 05:36 PM

lol ... I think I've tried every zero-calorie electrolyte drink so far.

My favorites: Skinny Water, Powerade Zero (have only tried strawberry, but it was awesome), and just plain, old Smart Water.

Hate: SOBE Lifewater & Vitamin Water Zero. Hated the Propel Zero citrus, but the strawberry kiwi wasn't too bad.

Did they say it was okay for you to eat almonds the first week? They told me not until week 2 at mine ... but I know a lot of clinics vary.

Shrimp, sugar free jello and dill pickle spears make week one really easy for me. :)

clross1221 08-26-2011 05:00 AM

Day 5 and feeling great. I am amazed at how much food I really can eat. I thought I would never say that on 500 calories a day, but I really feel good. Going for my weigh in today even though the first two days I did not stay on the program. I figure this is the beginning of a long journey and there will be times when I go off the program. The good news is I did not turn it into a week of binging and regret. That's a huge step for me!

amberhyde 08-26-2011 07:15 AM

My weigh in is today. I couldn't have almonds until week two so lucky you! So far things have gone really well, I am looking forward to the addition of veggies. The hardest part for me is I don't like chicken or Turkey, which is a huge source of protein. I need to try the mock cocktail sauce, that sounds yummy. It is so nice to find others walking this path with me. Are you married? Any kids?

city-gal 08-27-2011 07:14 AM

@christyn ues I can have almonds I limit them to once a day. Be careful with the zero waters because some really arent zero like SOBE if you look at it is only half the portion. Also pickles I was suprised to see the brand I bought half a pickle is 1 carb so a whole pickle is 2 carbs!! Who eats half a pickle? I have to agree it has helped I need to look at other brands to see if I can find a WHOLE pickle one carb LOL!

@Clross1221 This is a long process for me too so lets stick with it! I need all the support I can get.

@Amberhyde I am married no kids. The mocktail cocktail is awesome taste like the real thing!

I had my first weigh in week 1 was -5.6 I am ashamed to admit I at first was disappointed I wanted a big number but...Then I thought when have I ever lost 5.6 on any plan? I also dont want to loose too fast I want my body to have time to adjust I am amazed how much energy I have this week I will add exercise. The only problem I had is I am metformin for PCOS and with the colon pill it was too much so I am not going to take that every day. Lets do this! Did anyone else have their weigh in yet?

amberhyde 08-29-2011 05:27 AM

My weigh in went awesome -6.1 pounds. @city-gal I totally understand the disappointment, I felt the same way at first with the weight loss number.

I was quite surprised to hear we stay on the same calories for the duration of the acute phase....oh well, it is so totally worth it!

@Clross1221 - don't despair, it is a long road for all of us on here. The good news is we found one another to provide support.

Has anyone had someone notice their weightloss yet?

dawny95 08-29-2011 09:47 AM

I also started this week August 24 2011. Today is day 3 for me. I would also like to find a buddy & support system on this journey. I have read almost every thread on this site, so much good information & support.

thanks!

city-gal 08-29-2011 04:17 PM

@amberhyde 6.1 that is AWESOME ! The past 2 days I am in the dark purple range OH NO! Was drinking 64oz water then 74 and now 94 not enough water found out I need to drink 120 oz this will be a challange! I feel smaller my husband noticed that it is working no one else yet..how about you?

@dawny95 I need as many buddies as I can get! I need to post more but I do check every day. one day at a time!

dawny95 08-29-2011 06:35 PM

@Citygal How long have you been doing the diet? They told me to start checking for ketois tomorrow 4th day. Not really sure I understand what color it should be??? I am new to this site still trying to find my way. I would love to be buddies girl can't do it alone. And yes its one day at a time!

city-gal 08-30-2011 05:07 AM

@dayny95 I am on day 10. On the bottle of your sticks it shows the shade you should be when you check for ketosis. Good luck! How are you doing so far? What are you eatting? Whats your first goal? I just added my walking back in this week. We can do this everytime I feel like eatting something I am not suppose to I think WHY? I want to do this the right way nothing has worked for me and I want to be the best of me!:clap: Lets do this!:shake:

amberhyde 08-30-2011 10:35 AM

@city-gal no one has noticed yet, but I am hoping for continued success. Water is hard for me too...I had to give up every other kind of drink to force myself to do it. Sigh.

@dawny95 we all need support, I've got your back. as for ketosis, I was told that as long as it is positive it doesn't really matter how positive because that is a sign of your hydration level.

dawny95 08-31-2011 05:42 AM

Thanks City-gal & Amberhyde for the info. I went in yesterday for my mid-week shot & they told me the same thing.

@amberhyde- thanks for the support!!!! Today is day 5 for me, I am also here is you need me.

@city-gal my 1st goal would be 20lbs. but i need to loose alot more than that:) I have been feeling pretty good had a headache first two days but its now gone. I stopped taking the Rx @ 3:00 I was having a hard time going to sleep. I am allowed 500-600 protein cals,trying to stay in the middle. I hate exercise but I know I have to do something.

Day 1
1oz canidian bacon
1/4 cup egg beaters
1 cup coffee w/ 2tbsp half & half - they said I could keep using H & H if I only had 1 cup.
Snack- weight watchers string cheese
lunch- starkist 3 oz solid white tuna - plain
dinner- 4 oz grilled chicken
snack - eas carb control shake.
total = 510

day 2
B- 1/4 cup egg beaters
2 turkey sausage patties
1 cup coffee w/ h&h 2 tbsp

snack- Krogers carb masters yogurt

Lunch- oscar mayer oven roasted turkey - 4oz & 1 weight watchers string cheese

Dinner - grilled chicken 4oz

snack kroger carb masters yogurt

Total = 575

city-gal 08-31-2011 08:21 AM

@dawny95 What calorie range did they give you? I am in the 500-800 range. I try to stick around 600. I have added a small cup of Wakame soup (Japanese soup) only 10 calories full of vitimins and gives me the salt I need.

Sample Menu
Breakfast~ (I like the protein Medi shake really keeps me full)
1) Coffee flavor = I use one EAS ready made 210 calories and 2 carbs + 1/2 scoop of vanilla(50 calories and 1.5 carbs) and about 40z of coffee add some ice and blend the total calorie is 260 calories and 3.5 carbs

The other morking shake I like is Green tea 1 scoop Medi powder(110 calories and 3 carbs), 1 low carb yougurt (45 calories and 3 carbs) plus two teaspoons of the total is 155 and 6 carbs sometimes I dont use the yogurt

Lunch usually chicken these days on the weekend I buy a rotisarrie chicken and use that

Snacks 100 calorie almonds (2 carbs) this really keeps me full and serves as my fat, mini bell light (50 calories no carbs), Laughing cow cheese (35 calorie and 1 carb) with Celery, Sugar free Jello (0), Atkins Carmel nut chew bar (130 calories and 2 net carbs) this reallly satisfies my sweet tooth and also keeps me full. Medi has a protein bar 100 calories and 5 carbs but...I dont eat it much would rather have the two carb one. Of course these are all snack ideas I dont eat them all in one day I go by how I feel and what I crave.

Dinner
Reccently shrimp with mock cocktail or Egg beaters southwestern (1/4 of a cup is 30 calories and 1 carb, honestly who would only eat 1/4 of a cup so that is always 2 portions 60 calories and 2 carbs) and turkey susuage.

I am searching the asiles for new ideas. As for vegtables as of week two you add vegtables I usually have raw mushrooms and brocolli with blue cheese dressing (I only need a little) or I throw some veggies in my egg beaters. The only Fruit I have had is a few strawberries in my vanilla protein shake. I have remained in ketosis. Sometimes I also eat deli ham.

I feel I need to come up with new ideas but as I also work 10-12 hours a day I manage a hotel. I need to keep it simple for now. I have my little bag and I bring everything with me. I weigh everything.

My challange is the water I a big girl abut 250 so I have to drink 120 oz of water a day this is a challange I am not going to lie. Sometimes I feel like I am floating or in the bathroom all day! LOL

@amberhyde your stats are 220/214/140 I see people with stats is this how much you lost? Goals? I want to learn how to put a profile photo also the weight loss bar that is cool~

Tomorrow is weigh in day (a day early as I have to work on Friday last week I had to do it early too!) wish me luck!

Mary T8M 08-31-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by city-gal (Post 14962913)
@dawny95 What calorie range did they give you? I am in the 500-800 range. I try to stick around 600. I have added a small cup of Wakame soup (Japanese soup) only 10 calories full of vitimins and gives me the salt I need.

Sample Menu
Breakfast~ (I like the protein Medi shake really keeps me full)
1) Coffee flavor = I use one EAS ready made 210 calories and 2 carbs + 1/2 scoop of vanilla(50 calories and 1.5 carbs) and about 40z of coffee add some ice and blend the total calorie is 260 calories and 3.5 carbs

The other morking shake I like is Green tea 1 scoop Medi powder(110 calories and 3 carbs), 1 low carb yougurt (45 calories and 3 carbs) plus two teaspoons of the total is 155 and 6 carbs sometimes I dont use the yogurt

Lunch usually chicken these days on the weekend I buy a rotisarrie chicken and use that

Snacks 100 calorie almonds (2 carbs) this really keeps me full and serves as my fat, mini bell light (50 calories no carbs), Laughing cow cheese (35 calorie and 1 carb) with Celery, Sugar free Jello (0), Atkins Carmel nut chew bar (130 calories and 2 net carbs) this reallly satisfies my sweet tooth and also keeps me full. Medi has a protein bar 100 calories and 5 carbs but...I dont eat it much would rather have the two carb one. Of course these are all snack ideas I dont eat them all in one day I go by how I feel and what I crave.

Dinner
Reccently shrimp with mock cocktail or Egg beaters southwestern (1/4 of a cup is 30 calories and 1 carb, honestly who would only eat 1/4 of a cup so that is always 2 portions 60 calories and 2 carbs) and turkey susuage.

I am searching the asiles for new ideas. As for vegtables as of week two you add vegtables I usually have raw mushrooms and brocolli with blue cheese dressing (I only need a little) or I throw some veggies in my egg beaters. The only Fruit I have had is a few strawberries in my vanilla protein shake. I have remained in ketosis. Sometimes I also eat deli ham.

I feel I need to come up with new ideas but as I also work 10-12 hours a day I manage a hotel. I need to keep it simple for now. I have my little bag and I bring everything with me. I weigh everything.

My challange is the water I a big girl abut 250 so I have to drink 120 oz of water a day this is a challange I am not going to lie. Sometimes I feel like I am floating or in the bathroom all day! LOL

@amberhyde your stats are 220/214/140 I see people with stats is this how much you lost? Goals? I want to learn how to put a profile photo also the weight loss bar that is cool~

Tomorrow is weigh in day (a day early as I have to work on Friday last week I had to do it early too!) wish me luck!

Posting the stats are: starting weight/current weight/goal weight
Keep drinking the water.....I used to work for a Dr. who told his patients (especially the ones complaining of chronic constipation) that they needed to drink 1 oz of water for every pound they weigh! It's really hard (I know) but you'll find the water comes off easier when you're getting it all in

Please join us on the energy in and energy out thread.......it really helps to read what others are doing/eating plus it helps with accountability
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...-exercise.html

city-gal 08-31-2011 05:15 PM

Thank you Mary I will. How do you add the weight loss tracker?

Mary T8M 09-01-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by city-gal (Post 14964670)
Thank you Mary I will. How do you add the weight loss tracker?

I have SO much trouble trying to add anything to the posts at this site for some reason......and I'm actually pretty competent on computers:laugh:

I think if you go back to the MAIN LOW CARB LOBBY Main Lowcarb Lobby - Low Carb Friends
and look at the first few threads you'll see instructions for posting the "tracker"....it took me several tries for some reason, and even now when I try to change it, it takes more than once to get it right. I had to add the new "ticker/tracker" to MY DOCUMENTS on my computer and add it that way. I couldn't do it by the URL address

Hndfulprls 09-03-2011 10:02 AM

Hey everybody,on day 5. I seem to be lucky. I was given 1000 calories a day, I don't know how you 500 a day guys do it. Not in ketosis yet. 15(1.5) today.I was somewhat disappointed for about that. Can someone explain something to me please? Why would I start 4 days before labor day weekend? Good luck everybody.

hyonlyf 09-03-2011 11:28 AM

Today is my day 5 too and I too wonder why I started over Labor Day weekend LOL but I guess we have to start somewhere!

Keep at it, you can do it!

city-gal 09-03-2011 05:57 PM

Good luck to both of you! We can do it! My calorie range is 500-800 also I exercise so I minus that and end up around 600 or so. It is challlange but it will be worth it actually drinking the water 120 oz is still the hardest for me. This week I trying to find some new receipes yesterday made a taco salad and today tried the chicken lettuce wraps on the medi website! good luck this week I lost 2.3 (one pound at a time)

Ketosis can be tricky if you are not there by tomorrow you may be eatting too many carbs also it should not be a dark purple (means you need more water). I am on day 14 today. Everything that looks tempting ask yourself is it worth it? NO you are worth it! That is how I am getting through it I work at a hotel and there is always food everywhere. I travel with my snacks/ food and drinks better to be prepared.

jbjb93 09-04-2011 07:33 AM

Hyonlyf I started this weekend too! On Friday! I was glad to be home as I felt yucky the first 2 days. Better today.
I thought I bought a lot at the store, but I am going thru it fast. They gave me 700 calories but I haven't been able to eat that much yet.
Loving turkey bacon, lf string cheese, boiled eggs. Anyone have other no carb favorites?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.