Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
My clinic said no pickles, cheese or nuts during 1st week so I am eating chicken, lean hamburgers, lunchmeat, cottage cheese and eggs. I am so excited about Tuesday that I can begin to add some veggies to the menu. My calorie range is 500-750 per day.

Oh I did buy some grouper at the store just now, so I will eat that for dinner tonight. Also I have some of the Walden Farms toppings/sauces that are MWL approved. Makes eating sooooo much easier.

The water is no problem for me, I get a bottle at room temerature, a straw and chug it down non-stop in about 1 minute. Gets it over with. My hard thing to do is drink the electrolyte replacement drink. It just gags me. I do like the flavor, but just can't get it down easily.

I was still in ketosis this morning at a 30 I would guess. So far I am amazed at how physically ok I feel. More than anything I simply miss eating real, tasty food. That is the hardest thing.

City Gal, lettuce wraps sound divine! I cannot wait to eat "real" food.

Look forward to hearing everyone's progress so keep posting :-)
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dawny95
Stats: 230.2/178.8/175
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 27 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyonlyf View Post
My clinic said no pickles, cheese or nuts during 1st week so I am eating chicken, lean hamburgers, lunchmeat, cottage cheese and eggs. I am so excited about Tuesday that I can begin to add some veggies to the menu. My calorie range is 500-750 per day.

Oh I did buy some grouper at the store just now, so I will eat that for dinner tonight. Also I have some of the Walden Farms toppings/sauces that are MWL approved. Makes eating sooooo much easier.

The water is no problem for me, I get a bottle at room temerature, a straw and chug it down non-stop in about 1 minute. Gets it over with. My hard thing to do is drink the electrolyte replacement drink. It just gags me. I do like the flavor, but just can't get it down easily.

I was still in ketosis this morning at a 30 I would guess. So far I am amazed at how physically ok I feel. More than anything I simply miss eating real, tasty food. That is the hardest thing.

City Gal, lettuce wraps sound divine! I cannot wait to eat "real" food.

Look forward to hearing everyone's progress so keep posting :-)
Its funny how clinic's vary. I was allowed cheese & pickles my 1st week.
I prefer Smart water for electrolytes.
I also bought 1lb of shrimp & put alittle bit of old bay seasoning on them broiled them in oven for about 3-4 minutes each side. then pulled off the tails & weighed them into 3oz & 4oz serving's in ziplocks. So I didnt have to think about. Its a pretty good amount. Glad to hear you feel great!
dawny95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Ha I bought shrimp too but I BOILED mine with old bay. Can you say gag!??! The cat wouldn't even eat them. I am going to try again but use the broiler! I bought fish for dinner, but putting off until tomorrow. Having chicken again.

Does Smart Water have a flavor? I think it is the oversweeteness that gags me in Propel products.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyonlyf View Post
Ha I bought shrimp too but I BOILED mine with old bay. Can you say gag!??! The cat wouldn't even eat them. I am going to try again but use the broiler! I bought fish for dinner, but putting off until tomorrow. Having chicken again.

Does Smart Water have a flavor? I think it is the oversweeteness that gags me in Propel products.
Thats too funny about the shrimp! Smart Water is plain no flavors. I find them cheaper at Target sometimes. I drink about 16oz of it a day & then the rest plain water or decaf Ice tea w/lemon. Have you ever tried the Mio Liquid water enhancers? I bought watermelon its not bad just a drop or two in my water. I put to much it was gross over sweet.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hndfulprls
Stats: 285/262/225
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 31, 2011
Hy , there are some Crystal light products like the lemon aid that are zero everything and not so sweet. They don't really help replace your electrolytes, but help you get down the 120 of water. And I need all the help I can get.
Hndfulprls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips. I got Smartwater but haven't drank it yet. Also got Propel lemon, it is awesome!! Tastes just like lemonade, not too sweet either. Delicious over crushed ice and a squeezed lemon.

I can now have some fruit and veggies, so last nights cauliflower was the best I've ever had. And limited to one cup you can bet I was cramming it in the measuring cup LOL and amazingly enough 1 head of cauliflower only made 2 cups of mashed.

Nothing else of note going on diet-wise. Had first weigh-in yesterday, all was well 8.3 loss. Blood work was good too. Going out of town this weekend and will face my first restaurant challenge. Give me strength.

How are you all? Weather is getting really nice here in the south!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Great on your 8.3. I am pretty disappointed in my 7 pounds. I was put on the 1000 calorie, can't help but wonder if maybe I should have been less. Blood work was good too, which at one time I would have never even thought of, but as you get to a certain age it is always a relief.

I got a wedding Saturday night, North Carolina Bar B Que, lord help me please.

All in all it is not going bad though. Last night I didn't even finish my chicken breast. Which two weeks ago would have been unheard of. My problem has been that I LOVE food and would always eat even if I was full. Stress, good days, bad days didn't matter. I was not an emotional eater. I freakin love food! Being able to push the plate away is a HUGE step.

Good luck everybody.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
PSA: I had a 32oz bottle of water, but only had (1) Crystal Light Lemonade and (1) Cyrstal Light Wild Strawberry packets in my purse. So, I mixed them.

O.M.G.

You're welcome. lol
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hndfulprls View Post
Great on your 8.3. I am pretty disappointed in my 7 pounds. I was put on the 1000 calorie, can't help but wonder if maybe I should have been less. Blood work was good too, which at one time I would have never even thought of, but as you get to a certain age it is always a relief.

I got a wedding Saturday night, North Carolina Bar B Que, lord help me please.

All in all it is not going bad though. Last night I didn't even finish my chicken breast. Which two weeks ago would have been unheard of. My problem has been that I LOVE food and would always eat even if I was full. Stress, good days, bad days didn't matter. I was not an emotional eater. I freakin love food! Being able to push the plate away is a HUGE step.

Good luck everybody.
Me too, I LOVE food. Eat until I am really full, uncomfortable sometimes. I love going to Disney, and my favorite part of the planning is where and what I will eat. So sad

Oh a wedding, stay strong! I would have a problem with cocktails and potato salad and bbq and wedding cake and..... you get the idea. I know it may be challenging, but just resist the urge, chew a strong spearmint gum, it makes everything taste awful lol.

Seven pounds is a VERY good loss! I was fortunate to have 8lbs but I am sure it is nothing I "did" but rather we all have different metabolisms and health factors beyond our control.

I know a woman from my church who did this program last year and lost over a hundred pounds, another lost 56, my BFF has lost 25 with 15 to go, another church friend lost 45, her husband 40. It WILL work for YOU. Keep it up!!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post
PSA: I had a 32oz bottle of water, but only had (1) Crystal Light Lemonade and (1) Cyrstal Light Wild Strawberry packets in my purse. So, I mixed them.

O.M.G.

You're welcome. lol

Sounds yummy! I need to try them soon.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=hyonlyf;14984594]Me too, I LOVE food. Eat until I am really full, uncomfortable sometimes. I love going to Disney, and my favorite part of the planning is where and what I will eat. So sad

That is too funny. I do not ever go on a trip without knowing the restaurants I want to go to in advance. 75% of the time I can walk in and not ask for a menu because I know it and know what I want to order. I went to Napa for a week in the spring and the hardest thing to do was to narrow down the restaurants because I could only fit in 3 a day, UNLESS I went little meals LOL.

Ahhh, now I guess you can see what got me to this place.

Having a good week though. The not always hungry is a great thing. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Hi everyone how is your week going? I am entering week 4 (well actually in 2 more days.)

Weighed in yesterday lost 2.0 pounds BUT...was thrilled to be down 8 pounds in fat (up 4 pounds in water.) Actually I am doing good. My biggest challange is I have been having servere leg cramps and I cant get out of the dark purple range in Ketois. The clinic said drink more water well...120, 128, 140, 145 (also had been drinking one or two poweraide zero and one small soup. The rest is water as if I add something else I cant gt my water in. At 145 oz of water litterally I felt I could not swallow another ounce!! I felt like I was floating besides being in the bathroom all day. Now I have to try soup with mortons light salt (hopefully this helps.) I was told I can go back to my 120 oz of water

@hyonlyf 8 pounds? @hudfulprls 7 pounds? WOW!!! I lost only 5.6 and honestly I was way disappointed only for a minute because when have I lost 5.6 on anything?? NEVERA~ honestly I also dont want to lose too fast I want my body time to catch up and adjust. I lose weight very slow my freind lost 17 yes 17 in a week but I dont even understand how that is possible. I was hoping for 10 but I will take what I got.

@christyran1228 I love crystal light I got a little crazy the first few days I think I drank 6 packs (easier to drink water). Then...I read the back 1/2 pack is 5 calories so I had 60 calories in Crystal lite SAY WHAT? I mean honestly who uses 1/2 a pack..? Well now I do I try to limit it to only a few a day and I use half of the pack in the water.

@hndfulprls good luck at the wedding Stay strong? nibble but eat protein stay away from the CAKE~ Run just imagine a pile of sugar.

Have a great weekend!
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EpitomeOfSuccess
Stats: 292/280/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 19,2013
Electrolytes

I am halfway through my first week with medi, I also started having some serious cramps in my legs and back while I was at work. I had a leg cramp really bad the other night that it woke me up and I couldn't move. I know it's because I haven't been drinking my powerade zero. I just can't stomach the stuff. Do any of you know of any alternatives that I can consume to replace my loss of sodium and potassium. I really ramped up the amount of water I drink and that has helped some.
EpitomeOfSuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpitomeOfSuccess View Post
I am halfway through my first week with medi, I also started having some serious cramps in my legs and back while I was at work. I had a leg cramp really bad the other night that it woke me up and I couldn't move. I know it's because I haven't been drinking my powerade zero. I just can't stomach the stuff. Do any of you know of any alternatives that I can consume to replace my loss of sodium and potassium. I really ramped up the amount of water I drink and that has helped some.
Smart Water tastes like plain water. You can buy it almost anywhere Target,Walmart ect. Hope it helps!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

@dawny95 Thank you!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

@epitimoeofsuccess the clinic also told me to take a drink a cup of hot boullion with 1/4 of Mortons Lite salt. I started it yesterday as I was also waking up with terrible leg cramps. Today was the first day I drank it so will let you know how it goes.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

I also just found a recipe online for a low carb sports drink. I'm going to try that for a week and see how it goes. I was told about the buillon as well. I haven't tried it, but if it's salty it won't stay down either. I am too difficult. That's the problem now.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: losing4me
Stats: 212/203.5/160
Start Date: Sept. 6, 2011
Anyone join this week

Hello everyone. I am so excited that I found this board. I've been reading thru several of the posts, and like reading about all of the different experiences. I am in week 1, day 3. So this is my first weekend on the plan. I am thinking about how I will survive the first weekend. We (family), usually get a pizza on Friday night, and I cook a big breakfast on Saturday morning. Followed by a nice Sunday dinner.

Anyone else join this week? I would love a buddy to keep each other encouraged.

Overall, so far so good. I have been a little fatigued, and today I had a tough time drinking my water. But I am determined to make this work.

I look forward to hearing from some of you.
losing4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

@losing4me good luck! I am entering week 4 the first week is the hardest it will get easier
Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #50
Junior LCF Member

@losing4me, this is my first weekend on the plan as well. I started on Monday and go for my first weigh in this coming Monday. Normally work keeps me busy and too tired to think about food, but I am off tomorrow and am not sure how I will handle all of the free time. I completely understand how it is being around family. My family includes food in everything they do. Maybe I should stay home alone. At any rate, best of luck to us all.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Losing4me and Epitome Of Success - I just finished my first week yesterday. Can I buddy up too?

I have been drinking Smart Water this week. I am allergic to artificial sweeteners so this is my only option. Dawn95 is right, no flavor. I drink it first in the day to make sure I get it in.

Yeah to us for gettin thin and healthy!!

Last edited by jbjb93; 09-10-2011 at 08:12 AM..
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

@ Epitome and jbjb93. I'm glad to have you as buddies. Let's keep each other encouraged.

Jbjb93 did you have your first weigh in? If so, how did it go?

Epitome have a great weekend.

My first weigh in will be on Tuesday.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbjb93
Stats: 233/173.0/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Sept 2, 2011
Yes, weight in yesterday. 7 lbs lost with 7.5 lbs fat! Yeah! I can have veggies and fruit now. Love having salad with a boiled egg!
jbjb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Congrats jbjb93. I'm sure you were thrilled.
I'll post my results after I weigh in on Tuesday. Looking forward to having some veggies!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone, today was my first follow up visit with my MWL Clinic. Surprisingly I am down 8.2 lbs. I cheated two days so I definitely wasn't expecting that. I know I must learn to overcome temptation. My goal is to lose 20lbs my first month. Now I know it is definitely doable.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

@Epitome.....WoooHooo. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sure you have your eye on that prize on 20lbs in the first month. Keep up the good work.
I have my first clinic visit tomorrow. I will post my results. I've been staying away from my scale at home, so it will be a complete surprise!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Well went to my second weigh in today. 4 lbs, 2 of which were fat. Not unhappy thats for sure.After the wedding Saturday night, I really wasn't sure where I would be. I don't weigh during the week, I like the surprise on Tuesday mornings. 11 lbs in two weeks, I guess it could be better, but I am not complaining.

How did everyone else do? I hope great!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Everyone seems to be having good weigh-ins, weigh to go!!!

I was supposed to weigh-in today but had to move to tomorrow afternoon. I hope all your good losses rub off on me!!!

Making chicken and cauliflower crock-pot recipe for dinner. Life is so hectic it's hard to get a healthful dinner for everyone.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

jbjb and Epitome great job.

jbjb 7.5 lbs of fat is fantastic so far I am 2 of fat the first week and 2 the second which was today. That was the only thing that was a little disappointing as I had spent a good bit of time at the gym. I guess it is what it is though.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Went for my first weigh in today, and I loss 8.7, and 4.5 of fat. Looking forward to adding fruits and veggies in for week two, and also exercising.

@Hndfulprls don't be disappointed. You are doing a great job. Since this is a lifestyle change, we can't be caught up in the # of the scale, but I'm sure that exercising made you feel better, and I'm sure you body thanks you. Keep up the good work!