Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenplus3
Stats: 208/208/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 08/17/2011
Jennifer's journey Day 1

Well today is Day One. I realize this won't be the easiest thing but I have tried every other diet out there. I must succeed at this for my children and for me. Talk about devotion, I hate cottage cheese, but had it for breakfast. Don't care for fish, had it for lunch. Yum! I will do this!!!!

My goal is to get healthy, not only lose weight. My BMI is 35 and I want it less than 24. I am going to have to get rid of my scale at home because I will become a slave to it and it can't tell me my BMI.

No phentermine for me as it has a contraindication with Zoloft. So I am taking the Stay Slim and hope it will be as effective.

Is it best to really take this one week at a time?
jenplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshydler14
Stats: 238/209/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/5/2011
Welcome aboard!

Jen,

Congrats on making the choice to do Medi.
I like you have done Every diet known to man and then some.
I am on week 7 and have never found anything that is this easy to do and provides this great results. I am down 29lbs in 6weeks.

Some tips that I have figured out and will pass on:
* egg whites make a great breakfast. I do hard boiled 3 - this is only 60 cals
* I use Propel Zero packets for mix ins, I use just a little in my 34oz water bottle, this helps me to drink 2-3 of these at work during the day, provides a little sweet flavor and helps to down more water which is critical. And if you are feeling a little hungry they seem to take the edge off.
* My first week I ate alot of boiled shrimp with reduced sugar ketchup it helped me get over the chicken
* 1st week is the hardest but it is only 7 days. If you adhere 100% you will get great results.My 1st week I lost 10.7lbs.

Your 1st week may be rough depending on your body. I was lucky and felt great and even did some light workouts but listen to your body and you will be fine!
The message boards have a ton of info if you have questions.
Good luck!

Jen 5'8 238/209/160
jshydler14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshydler14
Stats: 238/209/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/5/2011
and more..

Jen...

almost forgot..
make sure you measure your self day 1 - then again afer the 4th week. You will be amazed.
I lost and inch in my neck of all places...

And I know we aren't supposed to but I do weigh myself daily at home.. 1 so I can keep up with what result I will see on the MWL scale..and 2 if you see that number go down daily you will be even more motivated to stay on plan. Just how I have been doing things...

Jen
jshydler14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenplus3 View Post
Well today is Day One. I realize this won't be the easiest thing but I have tried every other diet out there. I must succeed at this for my children and for me. Talk about devotion, I hate cottage cheese, but had it for breakfast. Don't care for fish, had it for lunch. Yum! I will do this!!!!

My goal is to get healthy, not only lose weight. My BMI is 35 and I want it less than 24. I am going to have to get rid of my scale at home because I will become a slave to it and it can't tell me my BMI.

No phentermine for me as it has a contraindication with Zoloft. So I am taking the Stay Slim and hope it will be as effective.

Is it best to really take this one week at a time?

Be sure to check out the thread especially for WEEK 1 Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1 - #2 be sure to read some/most of the old posts.....I'm sure you'll find them VERY helpful!

Then come and join us on the monthly thread.....there is a new one started every month. Post your questions there.......you'll likely get more answers, since at times that is the ONLY thread that some of the most seasoned MWL people read.**Affirm your August Aspirations with Another Astonishing Achievement**

Be sure to check out (and post) on the Energy In and Energy Out thread as well. Energy In (Food) and Energy Out (Exercise)

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
Since I just recently started the program as well, I'm just taking it one DAY at a time. lol

Welcome!
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jenplus3
Stats: 208/208/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 08/17/2011
Thanks for the support. Day One wasn't as bad as I thought. Ate 515 calories and drank 136 ounces of water. Day Two is alright so far

It is crazy but I don't miss the carbs...yet. I have kids so they are eating their regular food. I figure once I get this down, then I can incorporate their food and mine and they won't even know they are eating healthier

Again - thanks!
jenplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote