Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   protein shakes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/731645-protein-shakes.html)

msvads 08-15-2011 03:59 PM

protein shakes

Can the protein shakes be taken daily in the acute phase, as long as you count the calories or should they be limited as the dairy products are?

christyran1228 08-15-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvads (Post 14916727)
Can the protein shakes be taken daily in the acute phase, as long as you count the calories or should they be limited as the dairy products are?

They included them on my list for week one, and counted the calories per serving.

For me, I've only had 1 so far but they really helped calm a craving for something sweet, cold & dairy with minimal or no carbs. :)

guitarjg 08-16-2011 12:48 PM

I drink a protein shake after every workout and count the calories.

jshydler14 08-17-2011 04:58 PM

I got very sick of eating chicken my 1st week and didn't want to eat at all.
My clinic suggested the shakes as a way to get my protein and not have to chew something.
I recommend the unsweetened vanilla almond milk as a mixer, gives good flavor. Once you get to week 2 and beyond if you want to add fruit in and blend I use frozen fruit..makes it a bit more frothy and like a sorbet of sorts.

Good luck!

Jen

Afer0841 08-19-2011 09:08 AM

I drink protein shakes all the time! I drink the was shakes I get them at stop and shop! What kind of shakes do other people drink??

Mary T8M 08-20-2011 02:39 PM

Be careful of the shakes as all are NOT created equal. Check out how much protein and how many carbs are in the Medi Protein powder, and use that as your guideline, then shop around. I use the Syntrax Nectars, or the Syntrax Sweets. ZERO carbs, about 100 calories and somewhere around 24 G of protein. I also use the unsweetened almond milk. I think there is another popular one..... something like UN-Jury.....

suzanna1 08-20-2011 05:58 PM

I drink the pre-made EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control every day. 110 calories and only a couple grams of carbs. You can pick up a 4 pack at Wal-Mart for under $5 near the pharmacy. Make sure you get the carb control. I use the Synteax at home. They are very good in the blender with a little ice.

EpitomeOfSuccess 08-23-2011 05:46 AM

Has anyone ever heard of the Bariwise or Wonderslim protein shakes. Are they too high in carbs to drink. I will be starting with Medi Weightloss in a week or so and I already have these in hand.

dawny95 09-04-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpitomeOfSuccess (Post 14938688)
Has anyone ever heard of the Bariwise or Wonderslim protein shakes. Are they too high in carbs to drink. I will be starting with Medi Weightloss in a week or so and I already have these in hand.

Hi!
I just recently started MWL today is day 8. Congrats on starting!

I asked my clinic if I could use EAS advantEdge carb control shakes & they told me yes even on the 1st week. You might just call & double check with yours.
They come in 4 differnet flavors & can be bought at Target or Walmart I pay $4.74 for a 4pack. 110 Calories, 3grams fat,4 carbs,17 protein. I use them as breakfast sometimes.
Good Luck!

guitarjg 09-12-2011 05:30 AM

You might also want to checkout Isopure Zero Carb. I drink one of these after my weight lifting sessions. I believe it's 210 calories and 0 carbs with 50g of protein.