Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shy1!
Suggestions for water weight loss

I had my week 5 weigh in. My goal for the month was 20 lbs. I cam up short by 1.2 lbs. I was bummed but figured I would get there this week. I went for my weekly visit. I was up 1.4 lbs. I had lost 4.2 lbs of fat and gained 4.4 lbs of water. What can I do to get some of the water off. I have stuck to the plan and exercised every day. Any advice would be appreciated.
Shy1! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Are you drinking ALL your water? That was always seemed to be the problem with me. But I caution you into getting too fixated on the water weight. There are many many factors that can effect it. For me being a woman in her 50's, 24 hrs before weigh in I always had to watch my fluid consumpation. Making sure I had the 164oz of just water. I avoided any caffeine and did not exercise that day. For younger woman the TOM is of course a huge factor. But the reality is whatever your weight loss is for THAT week isn't as important as your overall loss.
Try to look at the big picture and the total loss you've had. 4.2 lbs of fat wow!! that's great. The next time you in the grocery store go find a 4lb roast and picture that you have actually lost that much fat in one week.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
1. Water
2. Coffee
3. Green Tea

All day every day.
guitarjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Water, water and more water. This summer heat is also playing a big part in water weight gain, by the time it gets cool we will have lost 10 lbs of water.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shy1!
Thanks for your suggestions. I had another weigh in yesterday. Down 1 pound. Lost 1.4 lbs of fat, gained .6lbs of muscle and gained 2 pounds of water. I am following this plan exactly. I always drink my water, I have not eaten anything that I shouldn't have. I exercide everyday. I have been on the plan 6 weeks and have lost 18.8lbs. I am so frustrated.
Shy1! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshydler14
Stats: 238/209/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/5/2011
Shy1

Don't get frustrated! I know it is hard..
If you are working out daily you are going to need more than the 64-126 oz of water a day..
Watch your salt intake...that will make you retain water..check your spices that you are using they could be loaded with it.
Make sure you get your electrolytes as well...there is good stuff in there that you need. I use the Propel Zero single packs..they have no cals, no carbs and only 35 mg of sodium.
And unfortunately that TOM will make your water increase..happened to me last week.

And make sure you talk to your clinic for ideas and that you are journaling everything! You might be surprised at some things that will throw you off base.

Good luck!
Jen
jshydler14 is offline   Reply With Quote