Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
**Affirm your August Aspirations with Another Astonishing Achievement**

August is here! Post your thoughts, feelings, frustrations, accomplishments here!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Ah August.....I have a lot of goals. More than ever I'm focused and determined. I meet last month goal and that has me pumped for this month

I've signed up to do tough mudder in November and my friends and family think I've lost my mind. But I need and want to challenge myself. This month is all about weightlifting, get tone and endurance. I've also joined a meet-up group to do some extra training.

On a side note, my cousin is visiting from florida and his first words out of his mouth was 'wow cous you look great! you lost so much weight!' He had not seen me in a year and it felt so good. I have to post some pics of the before and after. A lot of people think I weigh about 150 to 160 because of my height and body shape and are surprise to hear that I still want to lose 50 lbs.

Any way good luck to everyone on this month's goal! Remember stay focused and determined!

~K
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I am SO looking forward to August! Today was week 1, day 1 of being recommitted to Medi, (after my skirmish with shingles....and feeling like crap for the past few weeks) I'm hoping that the silver lining to all of this is that I've mixed things up enough that my metabolism MAY have kicked in again, and I'll lose not only the few pounds I gained, but some of the "new" pounds I've been trying to take off. I weighed, measured, and wrote down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth today......Back to the Basics!

Tomorrow I find out IF I have to do Jury Duty (AGAIN.....3rd time) on Wednesday. That would mean I'd have to miss the gym once again, AND change 2 appointments I have

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 08-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Yay it's August!! That means I can get my kids back to school and back on a schedule. Their "boredom" is about to drive me insane!!
I'm in maintenance and have managed to stay away from the diet pills for 2 weeks. I'm staying steady at 140lb and think I'll just stay here for awhile. My original goal was 130, but I'm feeling good and exercising. I am now fearing looking "old" with some excess skin showing wrinkles that the fat had filled in before. Oh well... I earned them, I guess!

I've been playing around with the Walden Farms stuff and I have read all of the negative comments, but I truly love them. With a passion, I love them. I cook with them, eat them plain, add it in foods... all kinds of unique ways! I'll share the ones that worked with anyone who might be interested....or that might have found a love for them like I have. (I hope I'm not the ONLY one!) LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lisajaye
Stats: 168.5/143/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 07/26/2011
First week weight in!

I just had my first week weight in and lost 9.5 pounds! Whoo Hoo! So excited. Now I must admit that the week prior to starting, the hubby and I took a vacation to Boston, and we were NOT good. I mean...you have to have a cannolli and Boston cream pie in Boston...and we did indeed. I am very happy with my results but definitely don't expect nearly as much next week. I've got a goal of 35 total to lose, so this makes me feel pretty motivated!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Thank you for getting another month started for us, Rachel! Has anyone heard from Jo lately? Jo, are you checking in here? Who else is checking in? Lea? Charlene? Ann K.? Nance? We miss you all!

Congratulations Determined Gemini! But what's a mudder?

Congratulations JBoJenn and Lisajaye--stick with it! MWL works and they give you great tools! Maintenance can be tricky (I know from experience)---so commit to do it and you will succeed!

Mary - When you were working (as a nurse) did you have to work on a jury? Hope you find out soon if you need to keep going and that you make the right decision in the case. Thank you for serving as a nurse, and for serving in the jury. Still, I hope you get your schedule back soon!! I'm glad you're healing up from your shingles.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajaye View Post
I just had my first week weight in and lost 9.5 pounds! Whoo Hoo! So excited. Now I must admit that the week prior to starting, the hubby and I took a vacation to Boston, and we were NOT good. I mean...you have to have a cannolli and Boston cream pie in Boston...and we did indeed. I am very happy with my results but definitely don't expect nearly as much next week. I've got a goal of 35 total to lose, so this makes me feel pretty motivated!
GREAT job! Feels wonderful, doesn't it?

Just found out that I have jury duty tomorrow I'm hoping to be excused because they have selected the full jury for a murder case! This is either the 3rd or 4th time I've been called for jury duty in 9 yrs, and DH has NEVER been called. I'll have to be at the courthouse at 7:30, and will have to pack food, so I won't be tempted by the vending machines.......think I'll leave my change at home (the instructions said to bring change for the machines )
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
I've signed up to do tough mudder in November and my friends and family think I've lost my mind. But I need and want to challenge myself.

I had never heard of this so I had to look it up. OMG am I impressed!! And I thought doing a marathon was hard! What kind of training are you doing? Good luck and keep us posted on your success.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
thoughts....

Gee wizzz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys.. I had posted this on the July thread.. don't know if anyone read it.. looking for some insight...
Catching up on reading all of the replies that my post illicited. I agree whole heartedly. Since losing so much weight I feel like a new woman. I feel more attractive, more energetic, and happier! I have been "cheating" here and there. My cheats consists of too much protein, a bite here and there of watermelon/cantelope/ or in my case today bing cherries.
I now have the added thought process of starting a family? How do I incorporate this WOE into getting pregnant? Should I return to the clinic, if I'm not able to take injections/fat burners/ app supressants? I have an appointment today, which I plan to keep so that I can talk to the Nurse Practitioner about my concers.... I'm really terrified to gain weight, I don't want to rewind to January 1/2011. I don't want to be that same fat, miserable, stressed out person again. I'm happy now, and I'm scared of falling into bad habits during a pregnancy......
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
I currently weigh 333 lbs. When I started I was 370. About a year ago, I went to Best Buy and bought the Nintendo Wii with the Wii Fit, a few controllers etc... Overall, set me back about $400+ (more expensive than the Medi Weight Loss consultation fee). I was fooling myself into thinking that I'd lose weight the fun way with the Nintendo Wii.

Well, long story short, I found out the hard way that the Wii Fit has a weight limited of 335 lbs! I was too fat! This was very depressing. I even went on the internet and found youtube videos of other fat people with the wii and how to make it work, how to fool it into thinking you weighed less.

Well, I plan on going home tonight and trying out my wasted purchase (no I couldn't return it. Best Buy said it was open and used and their policy was that it had to be defective or unopened) for the first time. No, I don't plan on using this to replace my exercising, but I'm looking at it as a small triumph. One more thing I can enjoy in my life now that I'm losing weight.

Jeff
Third Goal - 275
Fourth Goal - 250
Final Goal - 225
Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Thank you for getting another month started for us, Rachel! Has anyone heard from Jo lately? Jo, are you checking in here? Who else is checking in? Lea? Charlene? Ann K.? Nance? We miss you all!

Congratulations Determined Gemini! But what's a mudder?

Congratulations JBoJenn and Lisajaye--stick with it! MWL works and they give you great tools! Maintenance can be tricky (I know from experience)---so commit to do it and you will succeed!

Mary - When you were working (as a nurse) did you have to work on a jury? Hope you find out soon if you need to keep going and that you make the right decision in the case. Thank you for serving as a nurse, and for serving in the jury. Still, I hope you get your schedule back soon!! I'm glad you're healing up from your shingles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I've signed up to do tough mudder in November and my friends and family think I've lost my mind. But I need and want to challenge myself.

I had never heard of this so I had to look it up. OMG am I impressed!! And I thought doing a marathon was hard! What kind of training are you doing? Good luck and keep us posted on your success.
Hi Deb
Tough Mudder is a 1 to 12 mile obstacle course, it's insane! here's the link: Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Hi Losing in ftm,
I joined a meet-up training session to focus on core workouts, endurance and weightlifting. Been increasing my physical activities and praying!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
I currently weigh 333 lbs. When I started I was 370. About a year ago, I went to Best Buy and bought the Nintendo Wii with the Wii Fit, a few controllers etc... Overall, set me back about $400+ (more expensive than the Medi Weight Loss consultation fee). I was fooling myself into thinking that I'd lose weight the fun way with the Nintendo Wii.

Well, long story short, I found out the hard way that the Wii Fit has a weight limited of 335 lbs! I was too fat! This was very depressing. I even went on the internet and found youtube videos of other fat people with the wii and how to make it work, how to fool it into thinking you weighed less.

Well, I plan on going home tonight and trying out my wasted purchase (no I couldn't return it. Best Buy said it was open and used and their policy was that it had to be defective or unopened) for the first time. No, I don't plan on using this to replace my exercising, but I'm looking at it as a small triumph. One more thing I can enjoy in my life now that I'm losing weight.

Jeff
Congratulations on your weight loss so far, Jeff! And for sticking to an exercise program that is working for you!! Have fun on your Wii Fit! (I haven't tried that, so no insight.)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Gee wizzz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys.. I had posted this on the July thread.. don't know if anyone read it.. looking for some insight...
Catching up on reading all of the replies that my post illicited. I agree whole heartedly. Since losing so much weight I feel like a new woman. I feel more attractive, more energetic, and happier! I have been "cheating" here and there. My cheats consists of too much protein, a bite here and there of watermelon/cantelope/ or in my case today bing cherries.
I now have the added thought process of starting a family? How do I incorporate this WOE into getting pregnant? Should I return to the clinic, if I'm not able to take injections/fat burners/ app supressants? I have an appointment today, which I plan to keep so that I can talk to the Nurse Practitioner about my concers.... I'm really terrified to gain weight, I don't want to rewind to January 1/2011. I don't want to be that same fat, miserable, stressed out person again. I'm happy now, and I'm scared of falling into bad habits during a pregnancy......
Hi Rachel, Definitely talk with the Nurse Practitioner about your concerns but include any info about pregnancy in other women in your life, including your mom and sisters. Is that what you fear? Did they gain alot during that time? DH married me when I was 139 and I lost weight just by not eating out as often, especially when studying (I was in nursing school at the time...this was a little over 30 years ago). When I became pregnant with first DD I gained 43 lbs and weighed the most I'd weighed in my life at that time ever. But a few months after she was born I joined WW (a totally different program at that time), stayed faithful to the plan, walked alot, and of course I was nursing my baby (which is a bonus for eating "more" and yet losing), and lost all the weight within 4 months. Then about 2 1/2 years later when pregnant with second DD I knew I was being really self-indulgent and also gained 43 lbs. The second time was harder to lose because I'd developed bad habits and had more excuses....but joined a church program like WW and lost it all plus way more within a year. Even got down to 108 lbs to try to get into size 8 pants by exercising a lot. We play such mind games with ourselves as women. I'd recommend you understand how and why you "cheat" now....rather than ignore it and feed the emotions. (And I don't consider eating more protein or having an extra serving or two of fruit really a cheat, unless you can tell that your thinking is wrapped up in it. Still, it's a good choice for your body to eat protein or fruit....better than a triple scoop ice cream cone!) I think if you can stay checking in with your clinic intermittently that you will be on track to stay healthy and have a correct relationship with food. If you have family issues of emotional self-sabotaging eating during pregnancy, then I'd recommend seeing a counselor or therapist. You DO look beautiful and I'll tell you that being pregnant can also make you feel beautiful....don't look at that weight gain as the same as outright fat weight gain!! I know I felt very responsible and ate healthy for me and my babies 95% of the time....it was just when it was really HOT in southern CA (that's where we lived at the time) or if I was treating myself in a "reward" fashion (confusing food with reward) that I went off track. I wish I'd learned better self care at the time. I think YOU will be fine!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-03-2011 at 07:09 AM..
Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Hi Deb
Tough Mudder is a 1 to 12 mile obstacle course, it's insane! here's the link: Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Hi Losing in ftm,
I joined a meet-up training session to focus on core workouts, endurance and weightlifting. Been increasing my physical activities and praying!
Cool!! Looks like a cross between military boot camp and Survivor! Kind of a reality check that it WILL be tough when you see the medics working with someone on their cart. What a goal!!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Hello to Everyone,

I have not been on the plan for 3days. I plan on doing week one, Thursday. Iam looking for imput on going back to week one after being off for 3 days. Iam not sure if that is the way to go or just keep it at 550 cals of protein or what. Would love to hear from you. I will not let this get me down but, I want to make sure go back the right way. Remember I do Medi without the clinic. Thanks in advance to you all!

Cathy
Old 08-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Hey everyone.
it looks like everyone is doing great. I went for my weigh in yesterday and was down 2.4lbs overall. I had lost 6.2lbs fat and gained 2.8 water and 1.2 in muscle. I hate when I retain water. I am down a total of 82.8lbs. I got a call yesterday to do a newspaper story about my weightloss. I am so excited. It definitely helps with motivation and wanting to stay away from the cookies the kids and I are baking now. Have a great night and stay on track.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Ferrarimomof3 - So awesome!! You have done incredibly well since you started! I'm so happy for you!!! You deserve the adolation...and a new outfit too! I hope you post photos of yourself so we can all be motivated and cheer you along to goal!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-03-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
repost from july to aug

Hi Everyone!

Restarting here as of July 26. I woke up and decided I couldn't do this on my own and called the clinic on my way to work and I am so glad I did. My Week 1 weigh-in is Tuesday and I am hoping for a big loss. I have gone back on 2 separate occasions since joining MWL in Feb '10 but for some reason 3rd time was the charm as far as my motivation and committment goes. I did get to within 10 pounds of my original goal then but now I want to go a bit further. I think I am doing better this Week 1 vs. my original Week 1. I've decided to start fresh with regards to my stats and look at this phase as though I had never joined before. May sound odd but hey, whatever works from a psychological standpoint....LOL. I have been lurking around LCF all this time, have read other books and programs but I honestly feel like this really IS the one that works!!! Will keep you posted on my progress! Also, I am using the Lose-It app for tracking and it seems to be working fine for me.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Had my week 1 weigh in on Tuesday and lost 9 pounds!!

I'm pretty excited to be going through this again with such committment and focus, unlike previous attempts at restarts. And everyone here is so inspirational. I know life is good when I'm craving veggies!!! LOL
Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Yes....I am still lurking about the forum. But...I have been working so much OT that I have very little me time lately. Still walking my 6 miles a day...and maintaining...still with a pound or two of my goal weight...on one side or the other...never more.....

You are all doing splendidly!

Jo
Old 08-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Just finished day 2 of a new workout program I started. It's a 12 week fat burning weigh lifting program. It's Lee Labrada's 12 week Lean Body Challenge. I'm so sore right now that I can't sleep but I don't care, I feel great.

One of the things that deterred me from lifting weights for the first 6 weeks of the program is that I'm a scale junkie and lifting always puts on a few lbs of water weight / swelling weight / or whatever weight that makes no logical sense because our bodies are weird like that. I've finally said, I don't care what the scale says, I'm going to do the healthy thing and the right thing for losing weight. Worst case scenario, I have a gain during week 1 of lifting and then amazing weight loss the next 12 weeks.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Deb- thank you and I will try to figure out how to put the pics up. You are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Susan- Congratulations on your rejoin and what a great loss. You can do this keep up the hard work. Like someone on here's quote says "...pick your hard". You have and you are going to do great.
Jo- keep up the work and I love your quote.
Guitarjg- keep up the hard work. You are doing great.
Everyone else that I missed have a great day and keep up the work. I am going to try and enjoy the last couple of days that school is out with my kiddos.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Yay it's August!! That means I can get my kids back to school and back on a schedule. Their "boredom" is about to drive me insane!!
I'm in maintenance and have managed to stay away from the diet pills for 2 weeks. I'm staying steady at 140lb and think I'll just stay here for awhile. My original goal was 130, but I'm feeling good and exercising. I am now fearing looking "old" with some excess skin showing wrinkles that the fat had filled in before. Oh well... I earned them, I guess!

I've been playing around with the Walden Farms stuff and I have read all of the negative comments, but I truly love them. With a passion, I love them. I cook with them, eat them plain, add it in foods... all kinds of unique ways! I'll share the ones that worked with anyone who might be interested....or that might have found a love for them like I have. (I hope I'm not the ONLY one!) LOL
I love them but not all of them. I use them all the time, but rarely cooking with them. Could you post how you use them in the recipe board?

Thanks,
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Yes....I am still lurking about the forum. But...I have been working so much OT that I have very little me time lately. Still walking my 6 miles a day...and maintaining...still with a pound or two of my goal weight...on one side or the other...never more.....

You are all doing splendidly!

Jo
So good to hear from you again Jo! We are also missing Susie!! (SCD2) and CCCOX......can you tell I've been looking through some previous posts during my initial acute loss "time"?! I am SO very much encouraged by those who were before and with me coming back and posting that they have been successful in maintenance. It's been a learning process for me. I've had a goal to try to be at 148 for my daughter's wedding....today I was 154.6. The big thing is that I truly need to get back into ketosis....I've been trying to eat like I'm in true maintenance (when I'm being "good") and it's just not coming off like it does in ketosis. So I went back and looked at the Energy In/Energy Out thread to get an idea of what I ate last summer just before I got to goal! I invite others to join in too on that thread! Going in for a weigh in in about 45 minutes.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:07 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Hello to Everyone,

I have not been on the plan for 3days. I plan on doing week one, Thursday. Iam looking for imput on going back to week one after being off for 3 days. Iam not sure if that is the way to go or just keep it at 550 cals of protein or what. Would love to hear from you. I will not let this get me down but, I want to make sure go back the right way. Remember I do Medi without the clinic. Thanks in advance to you all!

Cathy
Cathy, I have done it several times. As a matter of fact I am doing it now ( I am in maintenance but the past couple weeks indulged too much ) So when I strayed of the plan for a few days due to some "trigger" food situations then I would go back on strict week 1 for 3-4 days. I call it a "carb" detox. It usually did the trick, removed all the carb cravings and hunger, actually a couple times jump started my sluggish weight loss. So don't be upset, just do it - 500 cal of proteins and no carbs (not even veggies at all for 3-4 days. I avoid cheese too, but some people eat it. Good luck!

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Just finished day 2 of a new workout program I started. It's a 12 week fat burning weigh lifting program. It's Lee Labrada's 12 week Lean Body Challenge. I'm so sore right now that I can't sleep but I don't care, I feel great.

One of the things that deterred me from lifting weights for the first 6 weeks of the program is that I'm a scale junkie and lifting always puts on a few lbs of water weight / swelling weight / or whatever weight that makes no logical sense because our bodies are weird like that. I've finally said, I don't care what the scale says, I'm going to do the healthy thing and the right thing for losing weight. Worst case scenario, I have a gain during week 1 of lifting and then amazing weight loss the next 12 weeks.

Just thought I'd share.
Good for you!! You know that building muscle will actually make you burn more calories even when you are not lifting during the rest of the day. Great goals! Sounds great!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
I love them but not all of them. I use them all the time, but rarely cooking with them. Could you post how you use them in the recipe board?

Thanks,
Cathy - I agree! I'd be interested too =)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
I'll fill you guys in!!

Ok, I'll give all of my helpful hints on Walden Farms but I need your advice as to where to post it! Do I need to separate them out by dinner/lunch/breakfast? Is there a general recipe idea board or something I'm missing?

For example: I made cabbage last night... shredded with onion and turkey bacon... I use the Scampi sauce to cook the onion instead of butter and add more when that cooks down before adding the shredded cabbage and precooked turkey bacon ripped up pieces... then add salt, pepper and drizzle the WF syrup to add a little sweet and kick the bitterness out of the cabbage. Cover and let simmer.... it was amazing and even the kids loved it! They are my best critics!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Ok, I'll give all of my helpful hints on Walden Farms but I need your advice as to where to post it! Do I need to separate them out by dinner/lunch/breakfast? Is there a general recipe idea board or something I'm missing?

For example: I made cabbage last night... shredded with onion and turkey bacon... I use the Scampi sauce to cook the onion instead of butter and add more when that cooks down before adding the shredded cabbage and precooked turkey bacon ripped up pieces... then add salt, pepper and drizzle the WF syrup to add a little sweet and kick the bitterness out of the cabbage. Cover and let simmer.... it was amazing and even the kids loved it! They are my best critics!
There are separate threads for B/L/D, desserts, drinks - this particular dish sounds great - this sounds like lunch or dinner to me.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Cathy, I have done it several times. As a matter of fact I am doing it now ( I am in maintenance but the past couple weeks indulged too much ) So when I strayed of the plan for a few days due to some "trigger" food situations then I would go back on strict week 1 for 3-4 days. I call it a "carb" detox. It usually did the trick, removed all the carb cravings and hunger, actually a couple times jump started my sluggish weight loss. So don't be upset, just do it - 500 cal of proteins and no carbs (not even veggies at all for 3-4 days. I avoid cheese too, but some people eat it. Good luck!
Irina Thanks, I have made it through day 1 w/ 500cals protein only. I post over in ithe energy in and energy out thread w/ some wonderful people who are great about tracking their intake daily. It helps me stay on track too! I miss my exercise but, not sure if I should jump back into that too. Any thoughts? I was doing jillian michaels shred along with her 6week abs.

Cathy
Closed Thread