Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
Just a update. I started the C25K a couple of weeks ago, in fact tomorrow is the last day of week two, and I love it!. I am forcing myself not to do more than what the program states, keeping it to 3x a week and to the time recommended (well I am walking a bit longer but no more than 5 more minutes). I changed from doing it outside to a gym setting because I run/walk at 5am and while I feel safe in my neighborhood I feel more secure in the gym.
Going into a full 10-12hr work day after my exercise and I feel great. Who knew, wish I had started it about 6months ago.
WTG!! I'm SO happy you're feeling good, and enjoying yourself!

I'm back in the gym again (after being under the weather for a while) I HAD been up to week 9 on C25K where I could run 30 minutes without walking......now I'm back to a much earlier week! Today I was able to run for 15 minutes after the 5 min warm-up, and then I did a 10 min cool down. I found that for me it was MUCH easier to run continually for (as an example) 20 minutes, than it was to run 10 minutes, walk for 3 minutes then run another 10 minutes......I'm sure it's all mental, but see what you think when you get to that point.

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
Wanted to share my good news! When I first found this site last month I was reading to prepare for my first week in MWL. I read the term ONEderland many times and "wondered" what you all meant.

Today, 4 weeks after starting the program I am there...ONEderland that is! 20# in 4 weeks!! I am excited about the next month and have set a, hopefully, realistic goal of 8 to 10 pound loss...but am really hoping for 10.

Thanks for letting me share!
HURRAY!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
been very busy commuting 2 1/2 hrs each way to the city, I'm exhausted and have had a migraine the past 5 days! Now today my legs and ankles are swollen with numbness and tingling. I have no idea what's wrong!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Sorry I've been gone so long everybody! Last week I met my birthmother for the first time. It was a pretty successful trip. She had other family over for a picnic and they all brought the foods I would have eaten growing up so I didn't want to be rude and say that I couldn't eat it!

My daughter started Kindergarden today and they require healthy lunches and snacks to be packed. They said to leave the chips, cookies and sodas at home. That was good to hear.

I hope everyone is doing great!!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
been very busy commuting 2 1/2 hrs each way to the city, I'm exhausted and have had a migraine the past 5 days! Now today my legs and ankles are swollen with numbness and tingling. I have no idea what's wrong!
Oh no! Are you better today?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Sorry I've been gone so long everybody! Last week I met my birthmother for the first time. It was a pretty successful trip. She had other family over for a picnic and they all brought the foods I would have eaten growing up so I didn't want to be rude and say that I couldn't eat it!

My daughter started Kindergarden today and they require healthy lunches and snacks to be packed. They said to leave the chips, cookies and sodas at home. That was good to hear.

I hope everyone is doing great!!
It's good hearing from you again..........GREAT news that the school is at least TRYING to influence what parents send for the kids to eat. I'm AMAZED sometimes what I see kids eating (parents buying)
Old 08-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Does anyone recall if either CLA or L-Carnitine are in either of the shots?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
I Googled the MIC Injection, that one contains:

* The amino acid Methionine which helps break down fat, and increases energy lean muscle mass.
* The vitamin Inositol which is vital for the metabolism of fat and cholesterol.
* Vitamin B12, necessary for proper digestion, protein synthesis, and the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats.
* Choline which contributes to cardiovascular health.
* Chromium, a mineral that plays a vital role in the synthesis of fats, cholesterol and proteins. It is an energy source.

The other one (at least what it says on my receipt) is Pyridoxine ... B6

Last edited by christyran1228; 08-24-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wmac
WOE: HCG
Start Date: restart 1/1/2012
Can someone please explain this program to me? I have done hcg a few times but have fallen off the wagon and gained my weight back I have seen this advertised but I am wondering how the plan works and how much does it cost?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
It's good hearing from you again..........GREAT news that the school is at least TRYING to influence what parents send for the kids to eat. I'm AMAZED sometimes what I see kids eating (parents buying)
It is a Charter School which is a public school run in a private way. They get funds from the State of Florida (so it is free!) but they can call their own shots. I imagine the public schools are lobbied by the snack and soda companies.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac View Post
Can someone please explain this program to me? I have done hcg a few times but have fallen off the wagon and gained my weight back I have seen this advertised but I am wondering how the plan works and how much does it cost?

Thanks!!!
First of all it isn't cheap. But it is worth it. I dropped 40 pounds in 3 months on it.

You go to a Medi Weightloss Clinic for an initial evaluation (I think it is about $250) and they run full blood work on you and do an EKG. You will take an appetite suppressant 3 times a day (I only took it twice a day) and you will take vitamins and other natural supplements. You also take a fat burner pill 3 times a day with your meals.

This is the part that loses people that I tell about the plan .... you consume 500 protein calories a day for the first week. No fruits, no veggies this first week. Just lean protein. The second week and on you add in fruits and veggies. They will tell you how much.

Four days into the first week you start testing your ketones in your urine. This diet puts you into ketosis which means you go straight to burning fat since you don't have carbs to burn first.

You go in once a week for a $70 weigh in where they check your blood pressure and give you another prescription for the appetite suppressants as well as a B-12 shot to increase your metabolism.

The weight will come off. You can expect up to 10 pounds of weight loss in the first week. I lost 9 the first week and averaged 2 pounds a week after that.

A lot of people on this forum do it without going to the clinic. I give them a ton of credit for that because I needed the appetite suppressants and the B12 shots.

If anyone sees something I listed incorrectly on here or wants to add more please do so!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Born To Lose
Stats: 308/233/210
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: July 27, 2011
...and my two cents!

I would only add that if you use all their supplements, it will be about $35 more a month (vitamins are free). And an optional B1/B6 shot at the same time as the B12 shots (you get 2 of those per week included in your $70) is an extra $15. They have a small amount of food products, but nothing you can't get on your own (many in this forum also sourced the supplements cheaper). I get both shots twice a week, and I buy their supplements.

Because if something works, I stick with it! I have struggled with my weight since I got out of the Army in 1985, always trending upward, and topping out at 308 (and only 5'10") a month ago. A friend of my wife's suggested MWL, and I was desperate enough to try anything. That first week was a challenge but not unpleasant (for me), and then and since my biggest challenge is eating all the calories I am allowed, as I am never really hungry following the meal/snack/meal/snack/meal schedule. I had my fourth weekly check-in today, and in those 4 weeks I have lost 38 pounds.
I feel so much better than I had, no more swollen ankles, sleep like a baby, and I am wearing clothes from the back of the closet.
So like Jodi says: it isn't cheap, but it's worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
First of all it isn't cheap. But it is worth it. I dropped 40 pounds in 3 months on it.

You go to a Medi Weightloss Clinic for an initial evaluation (I think it is about $250) and they run full blood work on you and do an EKG. You will take an appetite suppressant 3 times a day (I only took it twice a day) and you will take vitamins and other natural supplements. You also take a fat burner pill 3 times a day with your meals.

This is the part that loses people that I tell about the plan .... you consume 500 protein calories a day for the first week. No fruits, no veggies this first week. Just lean protein. The second week and on you add in fruits and veggies. They will tell you how much.

Four days into the first week you start testing your ketones in your urine. This diet puts you into ketosis which means you go straight to burning fat since you don't have carbs to burn first.

You go in once a week for a $70 weigh in where they check your blood pressure and give you another prescription for the appetite suppressants as well as a B-12 shot to increase your metabolism.

The weight will come off. You can expect up to 10 pounds of weight loss in the first week. I lost 9 the first week and averaged 2 pounds a week after that.

A lot of people on this forum do it without going to the clinic. I give them a ton of credit for that because I needed the appetite suppressants and the B12 shots.

If anyone sees something I listed incorrectly on here or wants to add more please do so!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cjackson
Stats: 265.8/255.4/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Aug 23, 2011
Hello everyone!!

Tomorrow will be Day 3, Week 1 for me on Medi. Got a head ache today, but I think its because I haven't fully figured out how I need to divide up my calories for the day... I am on the vitamins, fat burner, colon cleanse, and appetite suppressant (AS), however, I keep reading online that the AS is very dangerous. This is the only part of the diet that worries me and I am wondering if I really need to take the AS. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Good Luck to you all!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
WMAC, I am in the middle of my 5th week, so still a newbie. I think eating very low carbs is a natural appetite suppressant in itself. I am only doing the Stay Slim over the counter appetite suppressant, not the prescription one and it works just fine as well.
I eat 650 to 750 cal a day, usually 600 of that protein. I also drink over 100 ounces of water...I love water and something in the vitamins/supplements makes me thirsty as well so it isn't a problem. Drinking lots of water also suppresses my appetite so I am really only hungry when I should be...at meal time! The fact that the water helps me feel full makes me want to drink it as well.

I thought cutting out diet soda would be hard but without trying I drink maybe 3 or 4 cans a WEEK instead of a day...mostly because I am just not thirsty for them after all the water!

Lastly, I'd like to say that of the 70.00 a week I spend at the clinic, I save probably half or more on what I don't spend eating out. My habit was 6 to 8 dollar sandwich type lunches 4 or 5 times a week. I also needed the motivation of something drastic with good results. So far I have lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks. Realistically hoping for half of that this month but 30 pounds in 2 months? I'll take it!

I am most impressed with the maintenance and wellness phases because as we all know, KEEPING the weight off is half the challange or more. If you decide this is for you, try and schedule as peaceful a first week as you can so you can baby yourself a bit
Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Like I've been here forever or anything, but welcome anyway!

Tomorrow is my second weigh in, I'm thinking down maybe 3 pounds if my own scale is accurate. Was hoping for a little more, but I've really struggled this week adding in exercise. Not from cheating, but by maybe not eating enough. Can't find the right balance.

and I swear this non-stop run of 100*+ weather is making me retain water like crazy.

We'll see tomorrow, I guess.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
Start Date: 5/5/10
I found that for me it was MUCH easier to run continually for (as an example) 20 minutes, than it was to run 10 minutes, walk for 3 minutes then run another 10 minutes......I'm sure it's all mental, but see what you think when you get to that point.

I'll let you know. I talked to a trainer at the gym the other day and she highly recommended interval running instead of a continous run. But she was talking about 20 min at a time walking for 5 - 10 then doing another 20. Right now I'm suppose to be running for 3 min. and I'm worried about that much LOL.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Week 2: -6 ... 14.8 total.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brynssnn
Stats: 200/171/140
Start Date: June 30.2011
Week 9

So this is my first post on this site, even though I have been reading this for a while. Today begins week 9 and I have lost 28 pounds, but compared to what I am reading on here....it doesn't seem like I am doing very well!! Did anyone else start around july 30??
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad you finally started posting, then!

It sounds to me that you're right on track. A lot of us started off quite heavier than you did so the initial loss will be more, but once we get down to where you started, we most likely will be on a similar pattern.

28 pounds in only 9 weeks is nothing to shake a stick at! I was busting my behind for 6 months at the gym before I started MWL and lost a grand total of 6 pounds. So I'd say you're kicking butt in a serious way! lol
Old 08-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post
Week 2: -6 ... 14.8 total.
Awesome! You are rocking the the low-carb life. Congrats!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post
I found that for me it was MUCH easier to run continually for (as an example) 20 minutes, than it was to run 10 minutes, walk for 3 minutes then run another 10 minutes......I'm sure it's all mental, but see what you think when you get to that point.

I'll let you know. I talked to a trainer at the gym the other day and she highly recommended interval running instead of a continous run. But she was talking about 20 min at a time walking for 5 - 10 then doing another 20. Right now I'm suppose to be running for 3 min. and I'm worried about that much LOL.
I'd say do whatever feels the best to YOU . I was trying to train for a 5K, so I wanted to build up my running to accomplish that. I have TRIED interval running (that's what you're doing for the most part on the C25K program) and I believe that it probably DOES help you burn more calories......run faster, then slower, then walk. I did pretty well at first on the C25K but when I got to the run for 5 min part......I about FREAKED
I was SO afraid I wouldn't be able to do it, and would quit (I'm REALLY good at that......or rather I USED to be really good at that) But I pushed through and the day (It was Easter Sunday) that I ran 5 minutes without stopping for the first time, I literally CRIED! Don't worry just tell youself how strong you are, and remember that you haven't done this before, so that in itself is an accomplishment! You CAN do whatever you put your mind to. Your mind is VERY powerful
Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

weigh-in today and I've gained 8 lbs all water! My legs and ankles are very swollen and in so much pain. It almost looks like as if I've sprained my ankle or something but I haven't! It hurts to walk, getting in and out of the car and driving. Sitting at my regular doctor's office ugh to see what's going on with me.

Not to mention getting ready for the hurricane
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
weigh-in today and I've gained 8 lbs all water! My legs and ankles are very swollen and in so much pain. It almost looks like as if I've sprained my ankle or something but I haven't! It hurts to walk, getting in and out of the car and driving. Sitting at my regular doctor's office ugh to see what's going on with me.

Oh, no! I hope it's just something easily corrected!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hope your appointment went well......AND I speak from experience.......do whatever you're told to do with this hurricane! I've been through several, and even a tropical store (less than a cat. 1 hurricane) can be deadly! Stay safe!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

doctor think's I might be allergic to something, hmm not sure about that but had blood test done. My legs are much better today although my ankle still hurts. Missing the gym but I'm keep to low calories

All prepared and ready for the hurricane, hopefully it won't be so bad
Old 08-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
First day back

Well, I decided to get back to the clinic today. I just needed to get back on track so that I could get to my goal weight. I did fine on my own but I really need the accountability to fight through those bad days. The nurse said that I only have to do 3 days of week one so that was a real relief.

Lost 2.2 pounds from the last wiegh in at the clinic but gained 6 from when I was doing it on my own.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

good news, swelling completely gone and down 7lbs. However still a sore spot on my foot. I can't wait to get back to the gym!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Well, I decided to get back to the clinic today. I just needed to get back on track so that I could get to my goal weight. I did fine on my own but I really need the accountability to fight through those bad days. The nurse said that I only have to do 3 days of week one so that was a real relief.

Lost 2.2 pounds from the last wiegh in at the clinic but gained 6 from when I was doing it on my own.
Great! We can do this
Old 08-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Great! We can do this
Thank you and that's great that your swelling and the weight gain are gone. weight gain.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
We just got back from Colorado about 6 hours ago--my daughter's wedding Saturday was BEAUTIFUL and we had a couple tiny moments that she felt I was snapping too many photos...but ALL went well!! (She kept saying the photographer was there and that I could just sit and enjoy...but snapping photos is my hobby and especially if it has to do with my family!) As we arrived lightening was in the sky off over the mountains and the rain had changed from a pour to a slight drizzle, folks sat on the yellow plastic tablecloth covered benches and holding umbrellas!! But when they got to the part about exchanging rings, the sun came up and we could put down the umbrellas! She did a wonderful job investigating vendors and the site for the outdoor wedding and then for the reception in the dining room of the bed and breakfast we'd been in with views of the town below even though we were hidden away in the trees....the day of the wedding, with just four hours or so to go she assigned friends and family little jobs to make it all flow... and it was smooth and lovely!! She looked like she was out of a magazine, and so in love and HAPPY!! She made her daddy cry several times and I just love that he is a tender-hearted wonderful Dad and husband! Their ceremony went on for about 45 minutes and they were touched by the vows they were making to each other, and the vow we, both parents of husband and wife made to them! There was so much love from friends and family and it was amazing; several flew in from areas like New York, Houston, Little Rock; and many drove from Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. At various times folks went off throughout the week to enjoy hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park. My dad said the prayer for the dinner and went ahead and prayed for DD and DSIL too....it was all so special! We had a wonderful past five days!!! However, I was totally off my MWL WOE because our bed and breakfast offered a 3 course breakfast every AM and an amazing salad buffet and soup option for lunch and dinner. I don't want to step on the scales!! Brought home left over wedding cake that I will be taking to share with other nursing instructors tomorrow at work!! I will be going back to Week one probably starting Thursday. I'm sure I'll have carb withdrawal -- yikes!

I have a busy next two days meeting my new students and won't be able to catch up here for a little while. But thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am SO blessed with your friendship!!
Closed Thread