Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Just finished day 2 of a new workout program I started. It's a 12 week fat burning weigh lifting program. It's Lee Labrada's 12 week Lean Body Challenge. I'm so sore right now that I can't sleep but I don't care, I feel great.

One of the things that deterred me from lifting weights for the first 6 weeks of the program is that I'm a scale junkie and lifting always puts on a few lbs of water weight / swelling weight / or whatever weight that makes no logical sense because our bodies are weird like that. I've finally said, I don't care what the scale says, I'm going to do the healthy thing and the right thing for losing weight. Worst case scenario, I have a gain during week 1 of lifting and then amazing weight loss the next 12 weeks.

Just thought I'd share.
Hi Jeff,
I'm going to try out Lee's 12 week challenge, looks good!

~K

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
My nephew completed the Ironman Triathlon in Coeur d'Alene Idaho a few weeks back, so I told him I would power walk the half marathon if he came to the Ironman in Tempe later this year. So I am working up to the 13 mile walk again. Up to 11 miles now on my days off!

Other than working a ton of OT...I work for a major airline.....and walking...and maintaining...life is rolling along. September will be 2 years of maintaining and keeping within a few pounds either way. Still a work in progress and probably always will be but I am well aware of what the triggers are and how to avoid them now. And that is a major accomplishment!

Jo
Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Hi Jeff,
I'm going to try out Lee's 12 week challenge, looks good!

~K
Awesome! I'm on day 4. I am so sore from Day 2! It's amazing how much less time you have to put in when you're doing the right things. I put on a couple pounds from the swelling and water I think, but I feel so good.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
thanks

Fit2010 thanks for your thoughtful reply. I think I'm scared about gaining weight, because I'm scared to use a pregnancy as an excuse to go back to old eating habits. Thanks for empowering me to know that I don't have to do that. You are right, I do know what I can eat these days, and how it effects me.
I had an ecouraging weigh in at my gym this morning. The personal trainer encouraged me, and praised my success. She also made a point to share with me that I have a high muscle to fat ratio currently. She explanied that because I am 103lbs of muscle mass, that I will have a harder time losing weight now, and that actually I am in shape at my 167 lbs, because I am 33%body fat. She said that I look very fit, and clearly I am very active.
So essentially, I need to do daily cardiovascular exercise to really see the scale start moving again. I am optimistic, because I have not gained any more weight, but am losing at a snails pace!
Plateau's suck!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Awesome! I'm on day 4. I am so sore from Day 2! It's amazing how much less time you have to put in when you're doing the right things. I put on a couple pounds from the swelling and water I think, but I feel so good.
I will start the program on Monday. I started Medi wk1 on Monday and want to get the body weight/fat analysis to enter all the information on the website. Exciting!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Fit2010 thanks for your thoughtful reply. I think I'm scared about gaining weight, because I'm scared to use a pregnancy as an excuse to go back to old eating habits. Thanks for empowering me to know that I don't have to do that. You are right, I do know what I can eat these days, and how it effects me.
I had an ecouraging weigh in at my gym this morning. The personal trainer encouraged me, and praised my success. She also made a point to share with me that I have a high muscle to fat ratio currently. She explanied that because I am 103lbs of muscle mass, that I will have a harder time losing weight now, and that actually I am in shape at my 167 lbs, because I am 33%body fat. She said that I look very fit, and clearly I am very active.
So essentially, I need to do daily cardiovascular exercise to really see the scale start moving again. I am optimistic, because I have not gained any more weight, but am losing at a snails pace!
Plateau's suck!
[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter
Rachel, I wish I would have done regular cardiovascular exercise while I was pregnant (25 and almost 28 years ago!). At the time I just remember exercises for pregnant women focused more on stretching (and I did do that). I used cardiovascular exercise (walking, outdoor roller skating while pushing a stroller, and bicycling) to lose the weight after pregnancy plus eating right. Enjoy this time!! It's so awesome!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Just wanted to share this. My daughter is 15 has been watching me working out and eating right decided she wanted to stay fit along with me. She asked if we could buy an elliptical trainer, get this with her summer job money! Well, we did some research on them and we bought one and we split the cost. Iam proud of her and excited that my family just may be joining me on the life changing way of being fit and healthy.

Cathy
Old 08-07-2011, 04:39 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: washdc39
Stats: 5' 7" 222/198/165
Start Date: July 29, 2011
Hi everyone, this site has been a great resource for me. Started MWL at the Franklin Township office in NJ on the 29th of July. Read a lot here, and was very prepared. Ordered stuff from Netrition that i saw recommended here, and brought my PowerAde and College Inn chicken broth, in advance of my appt date.

The B6 did burn (not the second though this past Friday), and i had a massive headache on Day 2, that quickly went away with Excedrin. The chicken broth was very helpful. I did take 2 AS a day, which helped with the hunger urges.
I followed the plan exactly, and lost 10.2 lbs. Wow, so exciting.

Today, is my day 3 of my second week, and i am already obsessing over adding the veggies and fruit allowed this week.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
I don't have my first appointment until Thursday afternoon ... and honestly, I'm kind of freaked out about the no carb thing, especially when having to cook for my family everyday. :blush:

I hope all of y'all's stories continue to inspire me, and give me strength!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Just wanted to share this. My daughter is 15 has been watching me working out and eating right decided she wanted to stay fit along with me. She asked if we could buy an elliptical trainer, get this with her summer job money! Well, we did some research on them and we bought one and we split the cost. Iam proud of her and excited that my family just may be joining me on the life changing way of being fit and healthy.

Cathy
This brought a smile to my face. I remember when I was 11 or 12, I was superfit because my dad and I would bike every day together, we'd go to the health food store and talk about how girls were checking us out!

Then, when he fell off the fit wagon, I didn't even realize that i went right along with him. We'd drive instead of bike, go to KFC instead of the health food store, and talk about how awesome the food was instead of the pretty girls, who were no longer checking us out.

I'm very happy to know you're setting a good example for you daughter. What a unexpected side effect of the weight loss journey.
Third Goal - 275
Fourth Goal - 250
Final Goal - 225
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lifechange
Hello Everyone. I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dalaina. I am in Week 2 of the Medi program. I lost 11.2 on my one week weigh-in but I have so very far to go that it's not something I'm celebrating much. I'm definitely a carb addict so this is a huge change for me. I've also begun counseling at the same time as Medi - to help me better understand why I turn to food so often in my life - even to the point of dangerously hurting my health. Two years ago, in my desperation, I had Lapband surgery and it has been a huge waist of money and effort for me. I now weigh more than I ever have in my life. I'm an older mom - with two beautiful daughters - 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 that were a late in life gift that I never dreamed possible. I'm making this life change because I want to live a long and healthy life while I watch them grow up; And also, because I am desperate to guide them into a lifestyle of healthy eating so that they never have the same nightmare of weight struggles that both I and my mom before me have had. I'm so glad to find a forum that I can both find and give support during this drastic lifestyle change. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Good article on Protein Shakes

TYPES OF PROTEIN POWDERS:

Casein- a slow digesting and rich protein source that sustains steady amino acid elevations for as long as 7 hours. It is the natural, undenatured form of casein found in milk. It is separated from milk by means of ultra filtration, without the use of chemicals, which increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function as well as enhance muscle growth.

Egg Protein- Made from egg whites, is fat-free, very high in protein, and is considered a perfect source for protein because of it's complete makeup of essential amino acids, branch chain amino acids, and glutamic acid.

Soy Protein Isolate- Soy protein is a low fat, low cholesterol and vegetarian protein source. Soy protein is made using soybeans and is very low in (or free of) fat, cholesterol and lactose. Soy protein is approved for those who are lactose intolerant, and it’s fast digestion properties with a high Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) make it ideal for athletes.

Whey (Concentrate, Hydrolyzed & Isolate)- Whey protein is the ultimate source of protein. It's the highest quality of protein available. Whey protein is a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), containing the highest known levels of any natural food source. Here are the types of whey protein:

Whey Concentrate- Whey protein concentrate is the most economical form of whey protein available. It's great for those who want great nutrition, but are on a tight budget. Bodybuilding.com has low prices and fast shipping on all whey protein concentrate supplements.

Whey Hydrolysate-Whey Hydrolysate is an extremely high quality whey protein isolate that has been "predigested" or hydrolyzed. Hydrolyzing breaks larger proteins down into smaller pieces that are able to get into your system rapidly, enabling your muscles to start rebuilding quickly. Whey protein hydrolysate is the fastest acting form of protein available. The best use for whey protein hydrolysate is great for post-workout, when your body needs protein and amino acids as fast as possible to aid in the muscle rebuilding and repair process.

Whey Isolate-Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the most pure form of whey protein available. Whey protein isolate has the highest amount of pure protein, typically containing around 85% to 98% pure protein. WPI also has the highest biological value (BV). Biological value is a measure of how fast your body can use a fuel source. Whey protein isolate is great for both fat loss and muscle gain. Out of all the protein whey sources, isolate has the lowest the lowest amount of fat and lactose.
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Good article on Protein Shakes

TYPES OF PROTEIN POWDERS:

Casein- a slow digesting and rich protein source that sustains steady amino acid elevations for as long as 7 hours. It is the natural, undenatured form of casein found in milk. It is separated from milk by means of ultra filtration, without the use of chemicals, which increases the amount of bioactive milk peptides that support immune function as well as enhance muscle growth.

Egg Protein- Made from egg whites, is fat-free, very high in protein, and is considered a perfect source for protein because of it's complete makeup of essential amino acids, branch chain amino acids, and glutamic acid.

Soy Protein Isolate- Soy protein is a low fat, low cholesterol and vegetarian protein source. Soy protein is made using soybeans and is very low in (or free of) fat, cholesterol and lactose. Soy protein is approved for those who are lactose intolerant, and it’s fast digestion properties with a high Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) make it ideal for athletes.

Whey (Concentrate, Hydrolyzed & Isolate)- Whey protein is the ultimate source of protein. It's the highest quality of protein available. Whey protein is a rich source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), containing the highest known levels of any natural food source. Here are the types of whey protein:

Whey Concentrate- Whey protein concentrate is the most economical form of whey protein available. It's great for those who want great nutrition, but are on a tight budget. Bodybuilding.com has low prices and fast shipping on all whey protein concentrate supplements.

Whey Hydrolysate-Whey Hydrolysate is an extremely high quality whey protein isolate that has been "predigested" or hydrolyzed. Hydrolyzing breaks larger proteins down into smaller pieces that are able to get into your system rapidly, enabling your muscles to start rebuilding quickly. Whey protein hydrolysate is the fastest acting form of protein available. The best use for whey protein hydrolysate is great for post-workout, when your body needs protein and amino acids as fast as possible to aid in the muscle rebuilding and repair process.

Whey Isolate-Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the most pure form of whey protein available. Whey protein isolate has the highest amount of pure protein, typically containing around 85% to 98% pure protein. WPI also has the highest biological value (BV). Biological value is a measure of how fast your body can use a fuel source. Whey protein isolate is great for both fat loss and muscle gain. Out of all the protein whey sources, isolate has the lowest the lowest amount of fat and lactose.
Thanks for the good info!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Ugh very disappointed, just got back from the clinic and I didn't lose anything! And why??? Because I'm not eating enough really? I need to eat more and add more carbs to my diet. I'm exercising 2 to 3 hrs a day burning more calories than I'm eating. Restart/reset today
~K
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ugh very disappointed, just got back from the clinic and I didn't lose anything! And why??? Because I'm not eating enough really? I need to eat more and add more carbs to my diet. I'm exercising 2 to 3 hrs a day burning more calories than I'm eating. Restart/reset today
~K
I was told the same thing.....at least about eating more PROTEIN calories! There were times where I just couldn't gag down more eggs (etc)! I was encouraged to "mix it up more, and have dinner leftovers for breakfast (as an example)

I looked at a couple things you posted on the energy in and energy out thread, and I was wondering if you were getting enough protein to keep you out of "starvation mode".......I was also interested in some of the carbs you were eating (some kind of bready thing....or tortilla?) since my clinic hadn't OK'd anything even remotely like that for the acute phase of Medi I could only have carbs in the form of veggies and a limited amount of fruit........BUT since it appears that you are losing, I didn't question it!

You NEED, NEED, NEED to get AT LEAST your minimum protein calories (that your clinic says) in daily........ ESPECIALLY since you exercise so much, to avoid your body thinking you are being "worked to death", while STARVING! Your body is only trying to protect you!

You're doing such a good job! Hang in there, and like you said "reset".....Just about the time I think I have this plan (and MY body) all figured out, whatever I just figured out quits working, and I have to "reset" all over again!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 08-08-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Old 08-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

repost:

I went to see a plastic surgeon today........he was recommended a while back, by some nurse friends, then there was a "coupon" in the paper for a FREE consultation, so I decided to check into it.

I was thinking what I'd have a "tummy tuck" to get rid of excess low abdominal skin (from 2 C-Sections, and another BIG abdominal surgery), and then have some liposuction to get rid of the little "muffin top" I have. HOWEVER he said the tummy tuck is needed, because the "apron" of loose skin will NOT go away on it's own, and I have problems with skin breakdown under it (sorry for the TMI). BUT that he will NOT do lipo on me because I don't have FAT to remove, but that it's just more loose SKIN! WOW who knew????

He also recommends a breast lift.....then later IF I want I could have an augmentation! He said I have GREAT skin!, and that as PETITE as I am (REALLY???? Looking around to see who else he could be talking to) that smaller, but "perkier" breasts would fit me better! WOW
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I was told the same thing.....at least about eating more PROTEIN calories! There were times where I just couldn't gag down more eggs (etc)! I was encouraged to "mix it up more, and have dinner leftovers for breakfast (as an example)

I looked at a couple things you posted on the energy in and energy out thread, and I was wondering if you were getting enough protein to keep you out of "starvation mode".......I was also interested in some of the carbs you were eating (some kind of bready thing....or tortilla?) since my clinic hadn't OK'd anything even remotely like that for the acute phase of Medi I could only have carbs in the form of veggies and a limited amount of fruit........BUT since it appears that you are losing, I didn't question it!

You NEED, NEED, NEED to get AT LEAST your minimum protein calories (that your clinic says) in daily........ ESPECIALLY since you exercise so much, to avoid your body thinking you are being "worked to death", while STARVING! Your body is only trying to protect you!

You're doing such a good job! Hang in there, and like you said "reset".....Just about the time I think I have this plan (and MY body) all figured out, whatever I just figured out quits working, and I have to "reset" all over again!
Mary,
I was eating between 500 to 750 calories a day and I asked my clinic about the low carb wraps and they said it was fine. Today they told me I need to increase my carbs and calories after looking at my watch workout log. I'm burning any where between 700 to 1100 calories a day working out.

I feel like such a pig stuffing my face all day today, trying to reach 1200 calories. I'm trying to stay positive as best I can.

~K
Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Great post Mary!!!!! Go for it! You have worked so hard and it would be such a blessing for you to have that tummy tuck! Remember when they PULL down the skin, that pulls down your extra skin muffin top, and they PULL up the skin from the lower area....then they cut off and discard the apron of skin you don't lose and cannot tone up on (at this age and after such stretching background with pregnancies and being over 200+ lbs). I'm so happy for you!! And a coupon too?! Awesome!!

Question: What have you done to firm up your upper arms...do you have the flying wings like I do (well sort of, in the tricep area)? Open to suggestions!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-08-2011 at 02:52 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

DD to be married is being so rude....I think the term is bridezilla. I'm sad. I'm the only one that she is showing that side to, and she says I make her that way by asking about $ due (it's TIME now! and we are paying for things!!) She's having a destination wedding with about 50 guests (family and about 16 of their friends and their spouses/girl or boyfriends)....none who live where they live now),and the wedding is in a state none of us live in, and she's worked on making all the arrangements through the internet....I've been very supportive of all her own planning and decisions. No bridesmaids or groomsmen or even maid of honor or best man. I went through emails we'd shared back and forth over the past 4 months on topics and sent six of them (one re: cake, another re: florist, another re: photographer...etc) and each included our progressive discussion which mostly she'd previously written "stop worrying, you're stressing me out, there's time"....well, now things are DUE and I wrote so I'd know who to pay, how much, address, and how to pay (credit, cash, money order).....so in 6 different emails. She wrote back in one email in the subject line "six emails and five texts....really?" and blasted me for BOTHERING her . My DH and I just got off the phone....she is like HIM ....so.....I told DH I have made a list and he needs to pay things off and I'm out of it. His whole attitude the past 4 months has been "if she doesn't tell you things, then let it go...if there's no cake $ total given/address, etc then she will just find out she doesn't have a cake!" Good grief!! See what I've been dealing with for the past few months! No wonder I still cannot get this last 15 lbs off....I stress eat between dealing with the two of them!! So....please pray that DH will take what info I've gleaned, pay the people, help be my husband/protector so DD won't abuse me like that verbally, and that we all enjoy the wedding. I just want to cry!!

Suggestions from recent brides? From mothers of the brides? From anyone?! Prayers welcomed!! I want to lose at least 10 lbs in the next 2 1/2 wks....it's doable if I do week one again, I just know it is!

Last edited by Fit2010; 08-08-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I've uploaded 4 pictures to show my progress and I needed some motication

1. when I started at 256.5
2. at 219
3. at 197
4. current at 175

sorry I cut off the face because I'm still paranoid after a stalker situation. I will make the albums private in 3 days.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

2. at 219
3. at 197
4. current at 175

sorry I cut off the face because I'm still paranoid after a stalker situation. I will make the albums private in 3 days.
LOVED your photos! You have done incredibly well, Girlfriend. And so confident in a dress....yet appearing more comfortable in your own skin as you get closer to goal! Awesome!! Thanks for sharing these--I'm encouraged watching your transformation!!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

2. at 219
3. at 197
4. current at 175

You LOOK wonderful! How tall are you? if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mary,
I was eating between 500 to 750 calories a day and I asked my clinic about the low carb wraps and they said it was fine. Today they told me I need to increase my carbs and calories after looking at my watch workout log. I'm burning any where between 700 to 1100 calories a day working out.

I feel like such a pig stuffing my face all day today, trying to reach 1200 calories. I'm trying to stay positive as best I can.

~K
I was always just PRAYING to have someone tell me I needed to eat more CARBS! I read someplace (maybe on Online Registration & Local Event Directory by Active.com | Sports, Running, Classes, Camps, Training Plans, Triathlons, Marathons, Soccer, Drills & Youth Sports) saying that you burn WAAAAAY more calories "just being alive" (BMR) than you ever could working out, so your 700 - 1100 burned calories are on TOP of your BMR.....Good for you, but you HAVE to keep "tricking" your body into losing. Our bodies are VERY effecient at adapting to what we put in (food) and what we expend (exercise/work), so you have to make sure you get enough PROTEIN for sure, and change things up so you aren't doing/eating the same thing for very many days in a row (especially when you are getting closer to your goal) or things will slow to a stop!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
DD to be married is being so rude....I think the term is bridezilla. I'm sad. I'm the only one that she is showing that side to, and she says I make her that way by asking about $ due (it's TIME now! and we are paying for things!!) She's having a destination wedding with about 50 guests (family and about 16 of their friends and their spouses/girl or boyfriends)....none who live where they live now),and the wedding is in a state none of us live in, and she's worked on making all the arrangements through the internet....I've been very supportive of all her own planning and decisions. No bridesmaids or groomsmen or even maid of honor or best man. I went through emails we'd shared back and forth over the past 4 months on topics and sent six of them (one re: cake, another re: florist, another re: photographer...etc) and each included our progressive discussion which mostly she'd previously written "stop worrying, you're stressing me out, there's time"....well, now things are DUE and I wrote so I'd know who to pay, how much, address, and how to pay (credit, cash, money order).....so in 6 different emails. She wrote back in one email in the subject line "six emails and five texts....really?" and blasted me for BOTHERING her . My DH and I just got off the phone....she is like HIM ....so.....I told DH I have made a list and he needs to pay things off and I'm out of it. His whole attitude the past 4 months has been "if she doesn't tell you things, then let it go...if there's no cake $ total given/address, etc then she will just find out she doesn't have a cake!" Good grief!! See what I've been dealing with for the past few months! No wonder I still cannot get this last 15 lbs off....I stress eat between dealing with the two of them!! So....please pray that DH will take what info I've gleaned, pay the people, help be my husband/protector so DD won't abuse me like that verbally, and that we all enjoy the wedding. I just want to cry!!

Suggestions from recent brides? From mothers of the brides? From anyone?! Prayers welcomed!! I want to lose at least 10 lbs in the next 2 1/2 wks....it's doable if I do week one again, I just know it is!
Deep breath.....in, out, in, out
I'm SO sorry you're having to deal with this Is your DD's Birthday in October by any chance?? I just got off the phone with MY DD and boy did SHE have an attitude too!
Go make yourself a SF hot chocolate, (I KNOW it's blasted HOT outside), or a yummy yogurt, or indulge in fruit, or hard boiled egg......take a bath, and go ahead and CRY.....things WILL be better.....I promise
Old 08-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hers is 9/19 and mine is 10/10. Why?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:

2. at 219
3. at 197
4. current at 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
repost:

I went to see a plastic surgeon today........he was recommended a while back, by some nurse friends, then there was a "coupon" in the paper for a FREE consultation, so I decided to check into it.

I was thinking what I'd have a "tummy tuck" to get rid of excess low abdominal skin (from 2 C-Sections, and another BIG abdominal surgery), and then have some liposuction to get rid of the little "muffin top" I have. HOWEVER he said the tummy tuck is needed, because the "apron" of loose skin will NOT go away on it's own, and I have problems with skin breakdown under it (sorry for the TMI). BUT that he will NOT do lipo on me because I don't have FAT to remove, but that it's just more loose SKIN! WOW who knew????

He also recommends a breast lift.....then later IF I want I could have an augmentation! He said I have GREAT skin!, and that as PETITE as I am (REALLY???? Looking around to see who else he could be talking to) that smaller, but "perkier" breasts would fit me better! WOW
Determined Gemini: You are working so hard! Iam looking at all your exercise and your "determination". You are doing everything right, it will come off just hang in there. Iam here cheering for you!

Deb, bat wings is what I call those nasty hangers in the upper arms and I have found just 5pound hand weights have helped firm them up a bit, I have a ways to go. For you and all that you have been going through with the wedding, take some time for you even if you have to just go for a drive or like Mary said a bath. I will be praying for this to pass and you will enter into the joyfull phase soon.

Mary, Way to go with the plastic surgeon! What a reward and treat for you to be exploring this, enjoy!

We will get through this guys together, we just sometimes get detours or roadblocks to try to bring us down, but lets stick together shake it off and keep moving ahead, we can do it!

Cathy
Old 08-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Deb - Thank you, looking at the pics gave me a better perspective of my progress

Mary - I'm 5'5 but the way my body is shape, people always think I weigh less than I really do. At 195, people guessed I weighed 165 and now at 175 people think I'm at 145. They are surprise to hear I still would like to lose 50 lbs.

Cathy - Thank you very much

I'm very down between the stalled weight loss and the roller coaster relationship with my BF. We were spending so much time together but then it went from seeing each other 6 times a week to once. He kept telling me he was very busy with his son (single dad) and doing his dissertation. But after giving him a lot of space and time, I came to find out he was actually very busy spending quality time with 2 other women

I need to snap out of it and move on but right now I'm hurting really badly
Old 08-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
I know I'm new to the Forum and all ... but I am so sorry to read that, DG. I actually just finished reading that monster old newbie thread and I feel like I know a lot of you already by reading y'all's journies.

I've been there, only married with children at the time ... so fortunately you don't have that baggage to have to deal with as well. When that happened to me I threw myself into diet and exercise instead of food and feeling sorry for myself, and went on to meet my current husband and complete soul mate.

Just hang in there, it will get better.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Lost another 4.5 lbs. 41.7 in 7 weeks.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member