Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wendyc122004
Stats: 225.5/204/145
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: June 17, 2011
Week 5 and Stuck

New to this forum, but I have been reading and feel so inspired by all of you!

I am at the tail end of week 5 and seem to have hit a block. My first mini goal was in my sights and now I am not moving at all. Last Saturday, I cheated just a little. My strip still showed trace ketones, but I decided to slip back into week 1. I would think that after nearly 5 days back on week 1 I should show some movement on the scale, but nothing . . . not even a 1/2 lb. My exercise routine is the same, no PMS, trace carbs under 5, and cals between 500 and 600.

What is going on?

Oh, I did miss a few doses of fat burner. Is that it?

Thanks in advance for your help!
wendyc122004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
The body does weird things. I didn't lose in week 5 either for some reason. I'd cut the salt and/or drink more water. Keep the faith.
guitarjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

I am already at about 160ish oz of water. Prior to medi I was a water drinker. The one thing I was doing right. My sodium is kept low. I don't cook with it and I am not eating out or eating processed foods. My water weight has remained within 1 lb with each weigh in with the exception of the normal monthly gain / loss.

Guess I just need to push forward and hope that I get over that hump soon. It is kind of discouraging.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: plumtree
Stats: 5' 9" 229/173/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011
Hang in there

Try not to be too discouraged. I've been doing this since March and found that I have sort of a pattern of losing very little to none for a couple of weeks then having a fairly big loss the third week. I've been eating fairly consistently so it really doesn't seem to have too much to do with what I'm doing or not doing. So try to hang in there for a while and you may discover something similar. I know patience is the hardest part, but it really will be worth it in the end.
plumtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
Hi Wendy, When I reached a point where I couldn't get the scale moving and I was following the program carefully, people on this board gave me some advice that did the trick -- shake things up! Whatever you are doing for exercise, do something different this week. Change your menus - I realized I had been eating the same breakfast and lunches pretty much every day for months. Try some new recipes. I even added some fruit for that week. The week I mixed it up and did everything differently, I lost 5 pounds. Give it a try and hopefully it will work for you, too! Good luck!
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for your encouragement. I am switching up everything. I did decide to change up the menu and although I didn't change my exercise I am chaging my workouts from the evening to the AM.

Also decided that I am going to stay off of the scale between visits!