Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: workoutgirl
Stats: 176/151/120
WOE: Blue Sky MD
Start Date: August 1, 2011
Medi-weightloss program

Can someone give me some info on the Medi-weightloss program. Prior to my going for an initial appointment I had some questions from people actually on the program. Is it only 500 calories the first week or do they have other options and plans? How restricted is the diet as far as grains, raw fruit, veggies, etc. Has the plan worked long term? Keeping the weight off is the hardest part as we all know. Was it worth the investment since they are pricey compared to others. Any detail that you guys can provide would be great! Thank you ahead of time.
workoutgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: neneRN
Stats: 5'1", 149/125.4/115-120
WOE: lMedi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 12/03/13
It is generally 500 calories of protein for the first week, then after Week 1, you add in 2 cups of veggies each day. There are also some allowable snacks. My program stayed at 500 calories of protein plus the veggies for the duration, but I've read on these boards that some centers fluctuate the calorie allowance depending on your weight and activity level. You are provided with a list of allowable veggies/fruits, but no grains. It sounds extreme, but with the Phentermine, I found it really easy to stick to. Well worth the investment, best money I ever spent, even though I was very skeptical and nervous going in. I lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks, met goal in October...have maintained just by continuing to eat low carb, but that is my choice, the clinic actually recommended adding healthy carbs back in for maintenance...but it works better for me to just stay away from them altogether. Having said that, I have gained a few pounds back a few months ago...went on girls' vacation, honeymoon for a week...actually just started back on acute phase of Medi on my own this week...not going to clinic, just tightening things up for a few weeks to get back to where I was. Hope this helps, it really is a great program, and the cost alone was enough to keep my accountable.
neneRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
I started at 370 lbs, I'm 6'2" and male. I was put on 800 calories of protein a day.

The third week I added in 2 servings of veggies a day and 3 approved snacks a week that do not count toward the 800 calories of protein. You can also have 1 fruit a day in place of the 2 veggies 3 times a week, but I rarely if ever have fruit.

The low calorie is managable with the aid of the appetite suppresants. I prefer the 1 a day phentermine over the 3 a day phendimetrizine.

The invest is 100% worth it. I spend 85 dollars a week at the clinic and maybe 25 - 30 dollars a week on food due to the low intake. I was easily spending twice this amount when overeating / binge-eating.
Third Goal - 275
Fourth Goal - 250
Final Goal - 225
guitarjg is offline   Reply With Quote