Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Week 2- scared to add vegs/fruit back

I lost 7 lbs in week 1! I was getting comfy with just the meat. Now I've got to figure in vegs/fruit again and I'm scared! :blush:

I was looking at the medi-recipes and I think that's what freaked me out. Week 1 was so restrictive and now I can add some more variety but I'm worried it's too much.

Tell me I'm crazy and to eat some green beans.

Jenni
JenniKo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Wait until you're in Wellness. LOL! Talk about freaking out...

Just follow the directions and you will continue to lose rapidly. I will tell you though that your week 2 loss may be a disappointment. You'll be lower on the scale a little but down in fat more. Week 3 will be a nice surprise when it all catches up. Just preparing you!

I did a lot of meats on romaine for my veggies. It adds a nice, cool texture. I don't think I ever ate fruit though.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Fruit kicked me out of ketosis every time! I know that I am really sensitive to carbs.

Like Erin, I stuck to mostly green veggies. I regularly eat "sandwiches", "wraps", and "tacos" made with iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves... stuffed with asian-seasoned chicken, mexican-seasoned ground turkey or chicken, or smoked turkey & laughing cow wedges. I still eat (& love!) these meals consistently even on maintenance!

In fact, I am having fish "tacos" for lunch today. I take the frozen Gorton's tilapia and a pinch of fat free shredded cheese on iceburg lettuce. Delicious and really low in calories!

Don't fear the veggies. They make life much easier & satisfying on this diet plan.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshydler14
Stats: 238/209/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/5/2011
Scared of week 2

I too am scared to add veggies back in for week 2.
I dropped 10.7lbs in week one and haven't figured out how to get the veggies back in either.

Questin - the week 2 paperwork also mentions adding in a healthy fat snack. Something like an oz of cashews...is this ok really? I had to fly and they actually had cashews as one of the snacks. I am just not sure if I count this as protein calories or just count the carbs.
On my trip I think I was overly cautious so hopefully I haven't screwed anything up in the last 2 days.

Jen
jshydler14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Thanks ya'll. I have added veggies back and just like you said, nothing bad happened. I'm mainly eating green beans, broccoli, and a lot of spinach/salad greens. Now that I have a few days w/veggies under my belt I feel better about eating them. I was mainly concerned about getting out of ketosis; but so far so good.
Thank you for all of your help!

Jen- measuring everything makes me feel better about it. That first taste of green beans tasted divine. Nuts are ok as a snack according to my clinic's week 2 paperwork. I haven't tried them yet but only b/c I forget I have them.
JenniKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniKo View Post
Thanks ya'll. I have added veggies back and just like you said, nothing bad happened. I'm mainly eating green beans, broccoli, and a lot of spinach/salad greens. Now that I have a few days w/veggies under my belt I feel better about eating them. I was mainly concerned about getting out of ketosis; but so far so good.
Thank you for all of your help!

Jen- measuring everything makes me feel better about it. That first taste of green beans tasted divine. Nuts are ok as a snack according to my clinic's week 2 paperwork. I haven't tried them yet but only b/c I forget I have them.
HURRAY for staying in Ketosis! I've been on a broccoli "kick" here lately....can't seem to get enough! I've had to go back to measuring, so I don't eat WAAAAY to much!

I do OK with having a few almonds, but we had to quit buying them, because DH can't just eat a few.....a few leads to more and more I also used to keep peanut butter around and would have just a TINY bit on my last bite of apple (I LOVE the really small Fuji apples in a bag that Walmart sells.....they really are what most places considers a "serving") BUT because DH was eating the peanut butter by the spoon full, I had to quit buying THAT all together as well

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: adventuress
Stats: 198/176.5/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: July 2011
I'm in week 3 and have added veggies back in. I eat the green leafy stuff along with brocoli with a little balsamic vinegar on it. I even eat a few cherry tomatoes. I don't eat any carbs after 3pm and I'm in deeper ketosis now than I was the first week according to the little test strips. On my workout days, I do have a little apple (or I cut one in half) along with some almonds. I'm looking forward to my weigh in to see if I'm still on track... my clothes are telling me that I'm losing weight so that's something!
adventuress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Hi, everyone. I was scared, too, to add back in veggies and fruit. I thought I was the only one until I found this board. What I realized, too, is that this is to help teach me to eat sensibly, so I am adding them back in slowly. I am very sensitive to fruit. So, for right now, I am staying away. Evena 1/4 cup of blueberries knocks me out of ketosis.
Maybe when I start exercising regularly, my body will use up the sugars more rapidly?
Any suggestions?
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: prathima
Stats: current 150,5"5 and half ,goal 130
Start Date: 8/5/2011
how was your progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Wait until you're in Wellness. LOL! Talk about freaking out...

Just follow the directions and you will continue to lose rapidly. I will tell you though that your week 2 loss may be a disappointment. You'll be lower on the scale a little but down in fat more. Week 3 will be a nice surprise when it all catches up. Just preparing you!

I did a lot of meats on romaine for my veggies. It adds a nice, cool texture. I don't think I ever ate fruit though.
hi eptexy,

how was ur weight loss once ur in ur healthy weight range?i pretty much started mwl in my healthy weight, im skeptic how the results will be.how quickly could you get rid of your last few pounds?please lemme know, im in week1 of mwl,never ate so much protein in my life, just feels like the end of the world for me not having veggies and fruit!!
prathima is offline   Reply With Quote