Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Vitamins---Vita Super (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/727925-vitamins-vita-super.html)

FloridaAnn 07-11-2011 05:10 PM

Vitamins---Vita Super

Hi All:

Just started today but my initial appt was late afternoon, so don't start in earnest until tomorrow. I was just looking over the handouts and examining the pill bottles... Opened the Vita Super....YUCK...

Anybody else have a negative reaction to the odor of the vita super?? I haven't taken a multi-vitamin in years...mainly because some component just doesn't agree with me---makes me gag, really....and I have a really quick gag reflex. Ugh. I suppose this is necessary since you don't get needed nutrients another way...I'll try to force it down but this might be a deal breaker.

And geez...do all the supplements have to come in such huge caplets? I am not a good pill taker...

I was excited to get started but have to admit his is getting me down, before I even start.

cheri 07-11-2011 05:17 PM

Hi there!!

I am not a pill taker either but wanted to let you know how my son takes pills.. He started doing this on his own.. I was amazed he even thought it out.. He takes a big mouthful of water and then throws the pill in right before swallowing it. I asked why he does it this way and he told me that some pills stick to your tongue and then are hard to get down or start melting on your tongue..

This may help you... Good luck on your weight loss!!

cheri :)

FloridaAnn 07-11-2011 05:27 PM

Thanks, Cheri...maybe i can do that while holding my nose for those stinky vitamins ;->

Mary T8M 07-11-2011 08:34 PM

Make sure you keep your head in a "neutral" position......as in DON'T tilt your head up! That only makes your esophagus tighter! I'm a nurse and have taught LOTS of people how to take pills. Cheri's son is right about pills sticking, so I always take a drink of water first, then put the pill in the middle of your tongue (there aren't any taste buds there) then while holding your head in a "normal/neutral" position start drinking like normal.

These pills look big, but really I'm sure you swallow bigger bites of food every day, They are made so nothing will block your esophagus. Just relax, and drink, drink, drink.

BTW You do NOT have to use the centers vitamins, and they make CHEWABLE vitamins.....just make sure to check for carbs. The soft gels (like the Omega 3) should go down EASY.

FloridaAnn 07-12-2011 11:18 AM

I bought some different vitamins today. Better...although I'm sure they are missing whatever stinky thing is in the Medi ones...i'll have to compare labels tonight.

And thanks for the pill taking tips, Mary.

Mary T8M 07-12-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn (Post 14820625)
I bought some different vitamins today. Better...although I'm sure they are missing whatever stinky thing is in the Medi ones...i'll have to compare labels tonight.

And thanks for the pill taking tips, Mary.

You're welcome
The "stinky" part is probably B vitamins......you might want to get the optional B shot.

Nelle Belle 07-12-2011 05:02 PM

Another pill taking tip from a nurse... Take sip of water then put pill in mouth and drink from a bottle. This will make the pill go down easily.