Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kerrio3
Thinking of starting MWL, looking for support

Hi there everyone, my name is Kerri, I'm 42, married, three kids, suburban housewife and new to this board.

I have picked up the phone about 5 times today to make an appointment with the MWL clinic in Winter Park, Fl. I'm so nervous! My fear exists on 3 levels 1) what if the meds make me sick, or are dangerous (ex. Phen-Fen)? 2) what if I can't handle the 500 calorie diet? 3) what if I fail at this like I have so many other weight loss plans? Just reading those three things makes my heart pound. But the time has come for me to do this, I'm gaining weight and have returned to my old size 18-20 at Lane Bryant.

I need encouragement, and a kick in the pants apparently! I have about 80 pounds to lose, I think. I've stopped weighing myself....

Thanks,

Kerri
Kerrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio3 View Post
Hi there everyone, my name is Kerri, I'm 42, married, three kids, suburban housewife and new to this board.

I have picked up the phone about 5 times today to make an appointment with the MWL clinic in Winter Park, Fl. I'm so nervous! My fear exists on 3 levels 1) what if the meds make me sick, or are dangerous (ex. Phen-Fen)? 2) what if I can't handle the 500 calorie diet? 3) what if I fail at this like I have so many other weight loss plans? Just reading those three things makes my heart pound. But the time has come for me to do this, I'm gaining weight and have returned to my old size 18-20 at Lane Bryant.

I need encouragement, and a kick in the pants apparently! I have about 80 pounds to lose, I think. I've stopped weighing myself....

Thanks,

Kerri
1) If the meds make you sick they will adjust them to what works for you... they are not dangerous when taken as prescribed
2) I thought the same thing about 500 calories but it was so much easier than I ever imagined. Believe it or not, between the appetite suppresants and the water I wasn't hungry
3) This is the only weight loss plan that worked for me so quickly AND taught me how to choose the right foods.

Pick up the phone and do it! You have nothing to lose but pounds and inches! I will be 43 on Saturday and am a single mom and I lost 39 pounds in 3 months. I went clothes shopping this weekend and bought a freakin' bikini!!!

You can do it, Kerri!
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kerrio3
Thanks Jodi

I want to do this so much, it's just killing me (and being this weight is killing me, too!). I'm about to do it, will get back to you!

Kerri
Kerrio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
1) Pick up the phone and do it! You have nothing to lose but pounds and inches! I will be 43 on Saturday and am a single mom and I lost 39 pounds in 3 months. I went clothes shopping this weekend and bought a freakin' bikini!!!

You can do it, Kerri!
Amen to that! I think our stats are nearly the same. I'm going to be 40 in January and I bought a bikini too. Who would ever have imagined???
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
And I second all of those excuses! I felt the same. I was miserable and have lost and gained the same 20-40 pounds over and over and over. Probably in excess of 200 total pounds in my life. I'm not going to lie. It was hard. But it was more effective than anything I'd ever done and I've successfully maintained it for a year. I know they say there is no magic pill but for me, Medi was pretty darn magical. The trick is keeping it off and not going back to old habits.

You will be so happy to do this but you HAVE to do it by the book. No more excuses. Oh and by the way, I was allergic to all of the shots and the omega supplements so I did it without them. I did use the AS but I took about half of what was prescribed.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mama2Trips
Stats: Ht: 5'5" Wt: 213.2/199.4/150
Start Date: July 8, 2011
Hey Kerri-

Just do it!! Everyone is scared to make the call (I was like you...everyday..going to call and kept hanging up the phone. Finally decided I couldn't get control of my current weight gain situation and called last week.) I'm on Day 4 of the program and it's not the worst thing in the world. Heck..you are raising 3 kids and that's harder than this..let me tell you.
I have 3 kids as well and wanted to get in shape while they are still little. I'm so sick of being fat and don't want to be the "fat" mom. You will be so happy if you call.
The meds aren't all necessary..discuss it with your clinic. The appetite supp..they told me I can take 3 pills however if I need to 1/2 them or whatever..they also said that was fine. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Good luck
CIndy
Mama2Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Kerri: I really hope you not only do it but that you keep posting here to make it through. The support here is incredible! I too didn't take all my AS. Only took 2 a day after the first week. Now I have a nice little stockpile should I want to go back to it to lose some more.

Cindy: Welcome and congratulations on your decision. When you weigh in later this week you are going to be so happy!

The best part of this is learning what you should be eating vs. what you should avoid. In maintenance you get to add in breads but they just should be whole grain ones. After not eating them at all for 3 months I don't mind AT ALL!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Amen to that! I think our stats are nearly the same. I'm going to be 40 in January and I bought a bikini too. Who would ever have imagined???
I know right? A bikini! My 5 year old picked it out and I tried it on just to amuse her and I looked hot in it! I'm still not perfect and never will be but it was such a great feeling...... see, Kerri, this could be you!