Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: phillychic
Stats: 278.8/260.2/210
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 6/9/2011
Bloating/Water Weight

Hello All!

I just wrapped up week 4 and I am dealing with painful bloating and water weight. Has anyone else dealt with this and if so, what did you do?

My counselor said that I may need to drink more water because my body is not geeting enough and therefore retaining. She also suggested a diuretic tea.

For the past 4 weeks I have been losing fat weight, but for the past two weeks, I have been gaining in water weight.

Please help....
phillychic is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillychic View Post
Hello All!

I just wrapped up week 4 and I am dealing with painful bloating and water weight. Has anyone else dealt with this and if so, what did you do?

My counselor said that I may need to drink more water because my body is not geeting enough and therefore retaining. She also suggested a diuretic tea.

For the past 4 weeks I have been losing fat weight, but for the past two weeks, I have been gaining in water weight.

Please help....
How much water are you drinking? Plain water? Also (and I hope I'm not being too nosey)....but are you having BMs? WHERE is the "painful bloating"? What is your age? Have you had this kind of thing before? Are you eating veggies? There are several RNs on this board, (including me) but we need a little more information.

My guess is that it probably IS that you are not drinking enough water. As a long time yo-yo dieter, when I was on a "program" I would NEVER drink at all, or very little on the day I was going to weigh in! With the scales at the center I couldn't do that any more, because the scale always "told" on me!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 07-08-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suchissteph
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/2011 restart 2/26/13
Too much sodium? I know I gained water weight when I was eating too many processed foods.
suchissteph is offline   Reply With Quote