Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Monthly Cycle question for the Ladies

Okay, here it is ladies. I'm a strict 28 dayer. The only time I've been late before was when I was pregnant (I have 4 children and 6 angel babies). I am 3 days late, abnormal for me, and I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Stress normally brings on my cycle so its not stress and sometimes if I think it may not start on time having some "fun" will bring it on, which it hasn't. Can this diet cause our periods to dissappear? Have any of you ladies had cycle changes? I am working so hard at this diet. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at my chart and I know we had "fun" on some of my fertile cycle, but I don't feel pregnant, and I can normally tell you I'm pregnant BEFORE I miss my cycle. Thanks!!!
secret_smile85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_smile85 View Post
Okay, here it is ladies. I'm a strict 28 dayer. The only time I've been late before was when I was pregnant (I have 4 children and 6 angel babies). I am 3 days late, abnormal for me, and I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Stress normally brings on my cycle so its not stress and sometimes if I think it may not start on time having some "fun" will bring it on, which it hasn't. Can this diet cause our periods to dissappear? Have any of you ladies had cycle changes? I am working so hard at this diet. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at my chart and I know we had "fun" on some of my fertile cycle, but I don't feel pregnant, and I can normally tell you I'm pregnant BEFORE I miss my cycle. Thanks!!!
DON'T STRESS......hormones (estrogen) are stored in FAT, so as you lose the weight, the fat releases the homones......MANY women have had their cycles disrupted, when they have dropped weight quickly......I think this is particularly true with Medi, because it's Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Calorie. I was one of several women who hadn't had a period for quite a while due to menopause, that once the weight started dropping suddenly HAD a period or two. Do a google search for something like weight loss and delayed period.
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Ditto what Mary said. If the pregnancy test is negative, you are probably good.
ericak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Well I ended up retesting and having a blood draw. Turns out I am and I'm about 6 weeks along. So I guess I will have to stop this for now and come back after baby. Any suggestions on how to keep from gaining too much during the pregnancy (I normally only gain 20 but since I'm already overweight the dr and I see no need to really gain that much)?
secret_smile85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Congratulations!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Well I ended up retesting and having a blood draw. Turns out I am and I'm about 6 weeks along. So I guess I will have to stop this for now and come back after baby. Any suggestions on how to keep from gaining too much during the pregnancy (I normally only gain 20 but since I'm already overweight the dr and I see no need to really gain that much)?
WOW! Congratulations! A baby is worth a postponement of weight loss.
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Congrats! see you AFTER!
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelbaby
Stats: 222/160/150
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 26, 2011
Quote:
Congrats to you! Husband and I have tried to get preggars for over two years, (which is why I need to lose weight). Congrats and see you next year!
angelbaby is offline   Reply With Quote