Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Monthly Cycle question for the Ladies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/726996-monthly-cycle-question-ladies.html)

secret_smile85 07-04-2011 09:13 AM

Monthly Cycle question for the Ladies

Okay, here it is ladies. I'm a strict 28 dayer. The only time I've been late before was when I was pregnant (I have 4 children and 6 angel babies). I am 3 days late, abnormal for me, and I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Stress normally brings on my cycle so its not stress and sometimes if I think it may not start on time having some "fun" will bring it on, which it hasn't. Can this diet cause our periods to dissappear? Have any of you ladies had cycle changes? I am working so hard at this diet. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at my chart and I know we had "fun" on some of my fertile cycle, but I don't feel pregnant, and I can normally tell you I'm pregnant BEFORE I miss my cycle. Thanks!!!

Mary T8M 07-04-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret_smile85 (Post 14795231)
Okay, here it is ladies. I'm a strict 28 dayer. The only time I've been late before was when I was pregnant (I have 4 children and 6 angel babies). I am 3 days late, abnormal for me, and I have taken 2 pregnancy tests both negative. Stress normally brings on my cycle so its not stress and sometimes if I think it may not start on time having some "fun" will bring it on, which it hasn't. Can this diet cause our periods to dissappear? Have any of you ladies had cycle changes? I am working so hard at this diet. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at my chart and I know we had "fun" on some of my fertile cycle, but I don't feel pregnant, and I can normally tell you I'm pregnant BEFORE I miss my cycle. Thanks!!!

DON'T STRESS......hormones (estrogen) are stored in FAT, so as you lose the weight, the fat releases the homones......MANY women have had their cycles disrupted, when they have dropped weight quickly......I think this is particularly true with Medi, because it's Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Calorie. I was one of several women who hadn't had a period for quite a while due to menopause, that once the weight started dropping suddenly HAD a period or two. Do a google search for something like weight loss and delayed period.

ericak44 07-08-2011 07:27 PM

Ditto what Mary said. If the pregnancy test is negative, you are probably good.

secret_smile85 07-09-2011 08:01 AM

Well I ended up retesting and having a blood draw. Turns out I am and I'm about 6 weeks along. So I guess I will have to stop this for now and come back after baby. Any suggestions on how to keep from gaining too much during the pregnancy (I normally only gain 20 but since I'm already overweight the dr and I see no need to really gain that much)?

eptexy 07-09-2011 01:26 PM

Congratulations! :)

Jodi A 07-11-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret_smile85 (Post 14812255)
Well I ended up retesting and having a blood draw. Turns out I am and I'm about 6 weeks along. So I guess I will have to stop this for now and come back after baby. Any suggestions on how to keep from gaining too much during the pregnancy (I normally only gain 20 but since I'm already overweight the dr and I see no need to really gain that much)?

WOW! Congratulations! :clap: A baby is worth a postponement of weight loss.

Mary T8M 07-11-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Congrats! see you AFTER!

angelbaby 07-26-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Congrats to you! Husband and I have tried to get preggars for over two years, (which is why I need to lose weight). Congrats and see you next year!