Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Joyous in July for a MWL Jump to Success

Hey Fellow Medi Followers, join us here in the July thread for all of our MEDI discussions. What summer goals have you already met, and what are you still working to achieve?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
My goal for July is to get back on track and lose 8 pounds. I did not really follow the plan to the letter in June so I'm very happy that I still managed a loss 5 pounds. I have lost a total of 58 pounds so believe me I am not complaining at all.

Happy July 4th to all!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Since mid March I have lost almost two jean sizes. I lost about 5 pounds in June, which is a few less than previous months. I believe it's getting a little harder now that I am 10 pounds away from goal. I plan to try to get exercise in 5 days a week and I hope to reach goal in July or by mid August. Good luck to all!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Big Family Reunion at the end of July and back to VI for the month of August, I am subbing for a local cable access cooking show there and they are giving me a house for the family (that's really my only "payment", but not too bad), so my goal is to lose 10 for the camera.

Last edited by cheftrish; 07-01-2011 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'm nearing the end of the C25K program, and have found out that at 59 yrs old I LIKE to run!!! I won't go as far as to say I LOVE it yet, but I kind of see it progressing that way! I wish I would have figured this out 30-40 years ago OH well, I TRY not to have regrets!

Today, while doing my run (in a nice air conditioned gym, on a treadmill ) I started incorporating more of an "interval" running type thing. I'd run at my usual slower "jog" then I'd speed up, and REALLY run (for me ) then slow back down to the "jog" speed. I repeated that for the whole 25 minutes I was running.........Boy did I work up a sweat

I also plan on going back to doing Jillian's "shred" DVD or swimming!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 07-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
My goal as always is to stay fit and healthy. I have maintained my weight loss for almost two years now. I now have another little goal, and that is to prepare for a half marathon held during the Ironman competition that will be here in November. My nephew completed his first Ironman this past Sunday. Stephen did well...he finished in 11 hrs and 46 minutes.

He was 109th in his age group and 528th overall. There were 2800 participants, and he has NEVER done an Ironman before. I think that is pretty darn awesome.

I told him that if he entered the AZ one, I would do the half marathon along with him while he ran the marathon.

...so that is my reason for working on the training. I know I won't set any records,but I want to finish well.

Jo
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I met my summer goal of being able to wear a 2 piece with a cover-up I've hit a platuea, so my goal is to get rejuvinated and drop about 8lbs this month! It's my birthday tomorrow, so I feel a new sense of motivation
Old 07-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ttpharmd
Stats: 178.5/166.5/155
Start Date: Restarted 2/15/13
Happy (early) Birthday Swirveegrl!

Desert Rose: I think your half-marathon goal is great and you obviously have the dedication and motivation to do it (considering you've kept the weight off for two years already). Half-marathon is one of my future goals so I look forward to reading your updates.

I weighed in today and I have lost 30lbs in 11 weeks.
yay! I haven't been this 'light' in a long time.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
JOY in July

Ok Guys,

I too have a mini goal this month 10lbs, I wanted to try for 15 but, I want to be real no stress. I also have 2lbs gone and now at 144! Yeah

What are your mini goals? Lets keep the support and keep on trying our best.

Cathy

I keep posting in energy out and in thread and find so much support and ideas. hope to see some of you post there too.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 06/20/2011
I would LOVE to lose 12-15 lbs by my August 1st weigh-in... I lost 12.5 last week (week 1), and I know it starts to slow down now, but usually the 2nd week is a pretty good loss as well, and then week 3 & so forth are the ones where you pretty much get to what you can expect to lose on a weekly basis (provided you follow the diet plan, of course) -- it's been that way for me with any diet plan I've ever followed -- HUGE week 1 loss, pretty decent week 2, and week 3 - finish (or quit, lol) are all about the same, smaller.

So, I'm going to aim for 12 lbs down from where I am now, by August 1st. My stretch goal would be 15 lbs down.

If I can lose that 12 lbs, I'll be at my lowest weight since... I dunno, maybe my junior year of high school???

So, July SW: 164.0
GW: 152.0
STRETCH GW: 149.00

LET'S DO THIS!!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
My goal as always is to stay fit and healthy. I have maintained my weight loss for almost two years now. I now have another little goal, and that is to prepare for a half marathon held during the Ironman competition that will be here in November. My nephew completed his first Ironman this past Sunday. Stephen did well...he finished in 11 hrs and 46 minutes.

He was 109th in his age group and 528th overall. There were 2800 participants, and he has NEVER done an Ironman before. I think that is pretty darn awesome.

I told him that if he entered the AZ one, I would do the half marathon along with him while he ran the marathon.

...so that is my reason for working on the training. I know I won't set any records,but I want to finish well.

Jo
OMG I'm impressed for sure! For both your nephew, and for your plans too!

I keep saying I'd like to go back to Colorado for next Memorial Day and "do" the Bolder Boulder, It's a 10K I believe, and it's more of a pipe dream I'm afraid......I'd have to be back there for quite a while to get used to running at that altitude!

Are you doing a special "program" for your training?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I met my summer goal of being able to wear a 2 piece with a cover-up I've hit a platuea, so my goal is to get rejuvinated and drop about 8lbs this month! It's my birthday tomorrow, so I feel a new sense of motivation
YIPPEE on making your mini goal, and Happy Birthday! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #13

Gallery: ash-st
Stats: 194/180/120
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: June 3,1011
My mini-goal is to lose 15.9 lbs this month.

This past month, I only lost 14.1, so my goal is to round it out to 30.

So I'm starting today at: 180.5

By my August 4th weigh in (I like going on Thursdays) I want to weigh 164.6.

Then I'd only have 34.6 more lbs to my goal weight.

I know I can do it... I just have to work hard, and stick to my diet. It's going to be eating out with friends and family dinners that will be the hardest part!

Ash
Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
I guess my mini goal for this month is another 10 to 12 lbs gone. That will put me 5-7 lbs more than I weighed when I met hubby 6 years ago(well 6 years ago on July 8th). Still a long way to my overall goal, BUT it will be a huge milestone because I won't have weighed that much since before getting pregnant with my first surviving pregnancy. I am ecstatic that in one more pound I will be in the 150's!!!! I want to drink more water, does anyone have any suggestions (I feel like I'm doing badly at it even though my clinic says I'm doing well at it because my water level has stayed stable). The 1.4 lbs I lost at this weigh in on 7/1 was ALL fat again. It wasn't much but considering its that time of month I'll take it (and that I fell off the wagon for a meal)! You guys are amazing and inspiring. I CAN do it. My depression from the phentermine is now completely gone after being off it for almost 2 weeks. Let's get this July going and lets begin it and end it with fireworks!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Special training? Not really. I live in AZ and this is the time of year when it is super super hot...tomorrow it is supposed to be 118. This time of year I walk for stamina and endurance not for speed. Just finishing 6 miles during the work week and 10 on my days off is about all I can handle in the heat. Even walking at 7am, I am dealing with 90 plus degrees of heat. And soon, the monsoon moisture will kick in...so stamina and endurance is the key. I power walk for the events. And in the heat, I manage about 2 power walks a week. Nothing special, just a a lot of walking, also work with my rowing machine, and swim as well. Anything that increases endurance.

....and thank you for asking!

Jo
Old 07-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Swirveegrl:
Old 07-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys for the Birthday wishes
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suchissteph
Start Date: 5/5/2011 restart 2/26/13
I've lost 30lbs in the 8weeks I've been with Medi. My goal this month isto 1) get my spacebar fixed and 2) exercise 4 days a week insteadof 3.
ugh I hate my laptop.
Looking forward to hearing everyone else's goals!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

beating myself up

Ok Guys,

Been at this since April 25th and logging and weighing all the foods doing great and then last night I had a weak moment with of all things Pringels Chips, both my daughters were crunching along and when they put them down I took a stack for myself. I have to say they weren't good but, now I feel awful. I do know what is done is done and move on but, really Pringels?? Oh well thought I would share with you all who have had some moments too. Thanks for reading.

On another note I have just finished the 30 day shred and now starting the 30 day ripped has anyone else tried the ripped??

Cathy
Old 07-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marverboston View Post
Ok Guys,

Been at this since April 25th and logging and weighing all the foods doing great and then last night I had a weak moment with of all things Pringels Chips, both my daughters were crunching along and when they put them down I took a stack for myself. I have to say they weren't good but, now I feel awful. I do know what is done is done and move on but, really Pringels?? Oh well thought I would share with you all who have had some moments too. Thanks for reading.

On another note I have just finished the 30 day shred and now starting the 30 day ripped has anyone else tried the ripped??

Cathy
Cathy, We've ALL "been there and done that" so my advice is to do just what you're already doing........move on! When I used to slip up (pre Medi) I would use that as an excuse (all though at the time I didn't THINK I was using it as one) to give up, and TOTALLY pig out, then complain that I gained weight! I'd think/say how hard it is to lose weight. Someone on the Main LCF boards has a signature that says something like: "losing weight is hard and Being FAT is hard. PICK your Hard"

My Mom used to tell me not to beat myself up, because there are plenty of people in the world that are willing to do that for me for FREE.....so give yourself a break! None of us are perfect (really) You've done GREAT! So be proud, and keep going!

Still TRYING to do SHRED..........I'm impressed you've completed it!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 07-03-2011 at 07:25 AM..
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
Cathy, I had a major bad food day yesterday. I started medi back in May. Be thankful yours was only pringles!!! Mine was cookie dough and mcdonalds quarter pounder . But just like you I climbed right back on this morning. I can do this. I know part of it was the fact for me that it's that time of month and I have a hard time with cravings during that week, but I ate all that and felt sick and am still feeling sick from it this morning, so it helps make sure that I won't want to do THAT again for a while. We are doing the best thing and just climbing right back on. That is the difference between just dieting and working on changing our overall lifestyle and behavior. A regular diet we may just say oh well forget it and keep eating and eating. *hugs* Good job at climbing right back on!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:55 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_smile85 View Post
Cathy, I had a major bad food day yesterday. I started medi back in May. Be thankful yours was only pringles!!! Mine was cookie dough and mcdonalds quarter pounder . But just like you I climbed right back on this morning. I can do this. I know part of it was the fact for me that it's that time of month and I have a hard time with cravings during that week, but I ate all that and felt sick and am still feeling sick from it this morning, so it helps make sure that I won't want to do THAT again for a while. We are doing the best thing and just climbing right back on. That is the difference between just dieting and working on changing our overall lifestyle and behavior. A regular diet we may just say oh well forget it and keep eating and eating. *hugs* Good job at climbing right back on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Cathy, We've ALL "been there and done that" so my advice is to do just what you're already doing........move on! When I used to slip up (pre Medi) I would use that as an excuse (all though at the time I didn't THINK I was using it as one) to give up, and TOTALLY pig out, then complain that I gained weight! I'd think/say how hard it is to lose weight. Someone on the Main LCF boards has a signature that says something like: "losing weight is hard and Being FAT is hard. PICK your Hard"

My Mom used to tell me not to beat myself up, because there are plenty of people in the world that are willing to do that for me for FREE.....so give yourself a break! None of us are perfect (really) You've done GREAT! So be proud, and keep going!

Still TRYING to do SHRED..........I'm impressed you've completed it!
Mary and secret_smile85,

Thanks for your kind words. I do feel better already!! You are so right Mary on what your Mom used to tell you. There are so many others willing to take on the task to beat yourself up. Thank you again Iam back on and I plan on staying clear of even my carbquick pancakes(Mary I put the recipe in enery out theread for you) and stick with just protein for a few days. Have a great day guys you are the BEST

secret_smile85 you sound like you are back on too lets keep pushing eachother though these silly moments and stick to our mini goals this month!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Happy 4th everyone!

Kudos to those who fell of the wagon, but climbed right back on! I'd like to share that I didn't have 1 piece of birthday cake, or use my birthday as an excuse to overindulge in carb junk food!
Instead, I did a PLANNED divergence from the plan, because I really did WANT something special to celebrate my birthday. My husband took me to Sweet Frog last night, which is a frozen yogurt shop. I googled frozen yogurt before we went, and found that fat free frozen yogurt has the least amount of carbs. SO, I had Fat-Free vanilla & chocolate Fro-Yo topped with tiny amounts of strawberries, blueberries, nuts, coconut, dark choc chips, peanut butter, and a squirt of whipped cream. NO THIS IS NOT MEDI compliant. But I want to share that it was a planned TREAT, and that I didn't even have to lick the bowl In fact, I threw away the last little bit, because I had enough
Once you have the mindset that this is a lifestyle change, for example people that adopt gluten-free lifestyles, it becomes SO MUCH EASIER. I'm not saying that I didn't want a big scoop of my husband's mashed potatoes last night, but I KNOW that it isn't worth it. The guilt, disappointment, and increased pants size isn't worth it to me ANYMORE.
Regular exercise and ADEQUATE water intake really do help fight the cravings, and motivate you to stay on plan. I need to get back to my exercise regimen today, because I know that without it, cravings increase!
So now I will start drinking the 12 glasses of H20, I've planned to drink, because I'm feeling bloated, probably from the massive sodium intake I had yesterday, from eating out
I also want to tell you all, that my clinic said it's not necessary to do 7 days of protein only, if you diverge. My clinic said that 4 days is enough to kick your body back into ketosis!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsPalombi
Stats: 176.5/164/135
Start Date: 06/20/2011
Congrats to everyone and your abilities to climb back on that wagon! That can be the HARDEST thing to do... sometimes when you fall off the wagon, you just wanna stay off. You think "It would just be easier... screw it" (believe me, I've done it 1000 times if I've done it once!)... BUT climbing back on and continuing down the path to a healthier YOU is the key! Know that you can do this, that you are human and we all make mistakes.

I got invited to my fiance's cousins' in-law's house about 30 miles south of here, for a little Independence Day get-together. I didn't know hardly anybody there, but everyone was so nice and welcoming. It was HARD to stay away from the yummy delicious things.
I have been holding myself to the 500 cals/protein a day thing (plus my healthy fat, and 2 servings of veggies), and when I left the house, I still had about 120 cals left to hit the 500 mark...

Well, the healthiest things there were the veggies for the hamburger fixins (lettuce leaves), and pickle spears...so I had some of that, and I also ate 2 naked hot dog wieners, and 1 naked hamburger patty. The patty tasted leaner than the stuff my parents used to cook with, and I know there are some people in the family there who are heart-healthy, so I am hoping it was lean hamburger meat. lol

Aside from that, I went over on my veggies on Friday night -- I spaced my meals out too far and didn't have my Atkins shake at 5pm when I was supposed to, so by 7:30pm, it had been since NOON that I had eaten! So I ate the WHOLE JAR OF SAUERKRAUT with my 97% FF Hebrew Nationals hot dogs!!
NEEDLESS TO SAY, my stomach was NOT happy with me about 1.5-2 hrs later... omg it could have been embarrassing if anyone had been here!!!

Overall, I am SUPER proud of myself for:
1. Not succumbing to the lure of potato salad (a recent-years acquired taste -- hated it as a kid, but now as an adult, I LOVE it)
2. Not succumbing to the deviled eggs (mmmm)
3. Not succumbing to the BACON
4. Not succumbing to the SAUSAGE
5. Not succumbing to the RIDICULOUS HUGE CAKE that looked like a hamburger (it was so fancy!)
6. Not succumbing to the fresh homemade banana pudding with Nilla wafers
7. Not succumbing to the blackberry cobbler (dear Sweet baby Jesus)
8. Not having drinks or tapas when I went to book club meeting this past Wednesday (it was hard not to get my usual amaretto & pineapple)

Overall, I am proud of myself. Yayyyy me!

Also, I am wearing size 12 pants today -- I bought some from Old Navy a few weeks ago, as my "wish" pants. I am wearing them today and they fit well enough to wear in public and not be embarrassed, haha. They fit RIGHT! I have not worn a size 12 since either 10th or 11th grade of high school, so about 10 years or more. YAYYYYY!!!

My weekly weigh in at the clinic is tomorrow, since they were closed today for Independence Day. Wish me luck, can't wait to see what it says!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

I have to say you are all so great with sharing your food battles, not all of you have this problem. I know I have a long way to go and Iam still having to train the brain this is a way of eating not a diet. It can be hard. I know having a great bunch of you here to share will help me through the battles. So thanks. Today I head to the beach with my girls, bathing suit with a coverup not feeling it to wear just a bathing suit. Maybe in August before summer is over? We will see. Have a great day. I may be alone in this one but Iam glad this holiday weekend is over!

Cathy
Old 07-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

MrsPalombi your post was hysterical! I can appreciate, how in the early phase of MEDI, a July 4th BBQ could cause mental warfare!
Cathy embrace your body! It's the only 1 you will get You will be shocked, I think, at how much sexier you will feel while you keep allegiance to the MEDI way. That has been my experience anyways! I've been enjoying my size 12 physique for about 6 weeks. Kicking my body back into ketosis this week, because I am determined to see a size 8 by Christmas!
Use this board, in my initial MEDI phase, it was my GREATEST assest. I have posted less, due to hechtic summer schedule, but I always read it avidly. We find strength in other people's stories!
Have a great day all!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Week 2, lost 9 more lbs.

So my friend asked me to go to IHOP with him today. I've been saying no to him for the last 2 weeks and he finally gave me a hard time. I said I'm on a diet, but he's my best friend and I do miss going to lunch with him.

So here's my plan. I'm gonna ask for 2 eggs and a side of turkey bacon. The Dr. says I can add veggies and healthy fats this week so I've started counting carbs, but I'm not risking ordering an omelette. Who knows how many eggs they put in that or what strange things may go in it.

2 eggs = 150 calories per Medi Weight Loss Clinic
4 strips turkey bacon = 100 calories per Calories in IHOP - Turkey Bacon Strips (4) - Add | Nutrition Facts and Information

250 calories for lunch at ihop, I can handle that.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Additionally, my dr told me to forget about the Tanita scale. According to my readings I've lost 19.2 lbs of water. 2 lbs of fat and the rest lean mass. There's no way out of 27.6 lbs only 2 of that is fat. Anyone else get strange readings from the Tanita?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
My goal for July is to lose 25lbs. I recently read The Happiness Project and have started my 6 months project plan starting in July with ME. The good news is I haven't gain weight having lost 61 lbs so far.

I'm very confident I can accomplish my goal this month since things are back to normal and with my son going away for the summer, I will have more time.

I've had this goal for the past 3 months! But I was sick and in the hospital for 2 weeks, need to have surgery and then both my mom and grandma were in the hospital at the same time. It's been crazy but thank God it's all good now

Congrats to everyone who lost last month and good luck to all of us on our new goals!

~K
Mini goal #1: 175 by 7/31/11

Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
MrsPalombi your post was hysterical! I can appreciate, how in the early phase of MEDI, a July 4th BBQ could cause mental warfare!
Cathy embrace your body! It's the only 1 you will get You will be shocked, I think, at how much sexier you will feel while you keep allegiance to the MEDI way. That has been my experience anyways! I've been enjoying my size 12 physique for about 6 weeks. Kicking my body back into ketosis this week, because I am determined to see a size 8 by Christmas!
Use this board, in my initial MEDI phase, it was my GREATEST assest. I have posted less, due to hechtic summer schedule, but I always read it avidly. We find strength in other people's stories!
Have a great day all!
Swirveegrl - Happy belated birthday
I always come back to this board for inspiration and motivation, it really pushes me and gets me through specially with all the recent 'stops' I've had to make because of my back giving out and my mom's and grandma's health issues. We definitely find strengths on other people's stories!
~K
Closed Thread