Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
I've been insanely hungry lately. 5th full week of the diet, 3rd full week on Phendimetrizine. I started on the Phentermine.

Do they increase doses? Or do they just switch you back and forth between the meds?
Not sure about the phendimetizine part of your question but, I can say when I get the hungry horrors I pour myself a cup of beef or chicken broth and sip it slowly and it takes away the hunger pangs. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
Hi Swirvee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Hi all... pretty dead here on the MEDI board.. I'm hoping summer vacations are to blame! It's been killer heat here in Richmond, VA these last few weeks. It makes it very difficult for me to leave the house to even go to the gym, or feel like exercising period! Which is what I really NEED to do right now, since it seems I'm at a plateau! What are all of you doing to keep your motivation? Any tips on plateau busting would be HIGHLY appreciated!
On a side note.. I've been seen by a different NP the last 2 visits. I honestly don't like her. She hasn't treated me poorly, but I just don't feel motivated when I leave after seeing her. She doesn't review my food journal, even though I am brining it to be REVIEWED. She also seems very phoney to me. She does MEDI as part-time work, and I really question her belief in the program. So my question is, how do I not see her anymore, without seeming like a B@%!*
I haven't been here in quite awhile, but remember we started around the same time?? BTW, you look GREAT!! Your picture is beautiful...a whole new you from when we started!
I am right around where you are now, both physically and mentally. Have been stuck at this weight for quite awhile...I am also having trouble with motivation and actually staying on the plan. Have been cheating all over the place and missing work outs, etc. Luckily the people at my center are so very supportive- they even asked if I'd like to take a break and then start up again, but I don't really want to do that ...I think the weekly check in is what keeps me in line (yet, how long can I keep spending this money???!).
I guess I feel so good, am back into old size 12's and the compliments are really going to my head!! (I keep thinking I am still 168...NOT skinny, so what am I feeling so good about?? When I was on my way UP the scale, 168 was horrible, now, coming back down it seems like I am feeling too good for my own good- do you know what I mean??)
I could use a good dose of motivation too... and should probably start visiting this board more often. My doc keeps saying I should try to do a Week 1 and yet I just can't even think about doing that again (WHY NOT?? I know that would work...) I start every day really well, then just go off the plan around dinner time and after dinner; I even had a piece of fudge in our break room at work this week- and that was the one behavior that I thought I was TOTALLY over! And now, here I am going back to what made me gain the weight! Am I sick or what?
Any advice from someone who has been in this "place" of having lost a good amount of weight and still has a good amount to go...how do you keep going??
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peagle
Stats: 305/218/160
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: February 22, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
I've been insanely hungry lately. 5th full week of the diet, 3rd full week on Phendimetrizine. I started on the Phentermine.

Do they increase doses? Or do they just switch you back and forth between the meds?
This doesn't really address the RX issue, but I thought this might assist you with the hunger issue. Hope it helps....

I firmly believe that a "one size fits all" program is nonexistent, in that we, as individuals, react differently to certain foods, and what works for one, may not work for another. With that being said, I've been on Medi since Feb. 22nd and have lost to date 81 lbs., and I attribute part of my success to finding the individual tweaks within the Medi program that has worked for me. The "tweak" that has worked for me, and especially helps with hunger issues, is I deviate from the recommended amount of fat in my diet. That is, I would say I follow a more "moderate fat" versus "low fat". Good fats really help with appetite suppression naturally. If I were to eat strictly from the very low fat proteins, I would not have lasted this long. I mainly chose proteins from the middle column (55 calories per ounce) and occasionally from the 75 calories per ounce. Satiation is very important to me and the times that I chose a low fat protein it seems that within an hour I am famished - and that really defeats the purpose. And, also, when I'm hungry and it doesn't pass within a reasonable period of time, I will eat protein to offset it. There have been many, many days that I have far exceeded my protein range (750 to 850 calories per day - I exercise ALOT), but never have cheated, not once, in regards to carbs (they are NOT my friends!). My clinic has offered to increase my AS and/or change to the once a day one - but the way I see it, I'm having continued success and I'm going to stick with what's working. They are fully aware and supportive of what I"m doing, because it's working for me. Just some thoughts! Oh, and btw, I smoked some baby back ribs a few weeks ago and they were awesome! No guilt, no deprivation. Low Carb rocks!

One of the most fascinating things about golf is how it reflects the cycle of life. No matter what you shoot, the next day you have to go back to the first tee and begin all over again, and make yourself into something. ~ Peter Jacobsen
Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
I haven't been here in quite awhile, but remember we started around the same time?? BTW, you look GREAT!! Your picture is beautiful...a whole new you from when we started!
I am right around where you are now, both physically and mentally. Have been stuck at this weight for quite awhile...I am also having trouble with motivation and actually staying on the plan. Have been cheating all over the place and missing work outs, etc. Luckily the people at my center are so very supportive- they even asked if I'd like to take a break and then start up again, but I don't really want to do that ...I think the weekly check in is what keeps me in line (yet, how long can I keep spending this money???!).
I guess I feel so good, am back into old size 12's and the compliments are really going to my head!! (I keep thinking I am still 168...NOT skinny, so what am I feeling so good about?? When I was on my way UP the scale, 168 was horrible, now, coming back down it seems like I am feeling too good for my own good- do you know what I mean??)
I could use a good dose of motivation too... and should probably start visiting this board more often. My doc keeps saying I should try to do a Week 1 and yet I just can't even think about doing that again (WHY NOT?? I know that would work...) I start every day really well, then just go off the plan around dinner time and after dinner; I even had a piece of fudge in our break room at work this week- and that was the one behavior that I thought I was TOTALLY over! And now, here I am going back to what made me gain the weight! Am I sick or what?
Any advice from someone who has been in this "place" of having lost a good amount of weight and still has a good amount to go...how do you keep going??
I don't have any advice but like you I could use some. I can't get motivated to get back on plan. I've lost 62 pounds and because it's such a big difference I too am letting it go to my head. I want to get down to about 160 but because I can now wear 12's and 14's in any store I'm thinking that I can't be too fat. But the number on the scale doesn't agree. 188 pounds in no way should make me believe that I am ok. So, hopefully someone will provide that advice to get us both back on track.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Just checking in! Lost 4.4 lbs this past week for a total of 16 lbs in 3 weeks! YAY ME!

Jenni
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/173/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
motivation

Hi everyone,

Been such a crazy summer, I have not been able to get on much. I've missed checking in with all of you and it's great to see so many of you still here on the boards.

I know what Betty and others mean about the motivation. I feel like I've been in the 60 pound slump for months and just can't hit the 70 lb mark. I stopped going to the center in early April and have only been back once for a check-in in June. While I was still going, one of the counselors told me that alot of people stop following the program carefully when they start getting down to a weight that feels much more comfortable than where they were, even if it's not their goal. That has definitely been the case for me. I feel great, have so much more energy, I don't cringe when I see myself in a mirror and I am buying clothes in sizes I cant even remember wearing. But the truth is, I am not done and I know that.

Today I went back to reading posts from months ago, back to November when I started my low carb life. I needed to remind myself what made me want to lose weight so badly. How I felt the first day I walked inot the center. I remember sitting at Thanksgiving dinner not even caring what was on the table because I just wanted to get the weight off.

Maybe a walk down memory lane is what we all need. Just thinking about an event, a feeling, whatever it was that made us decide to sign on to take better care of ourselves and make a major lifestyle change. I was willing to do it in the beginning because I wanted it SO BAD. Today I realized I still do!

We can do this. We are all proof it works so let's finish strong.

Barb
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniKo View Post
Just checking in! Lost 4.4 lbs this past week for a total of 16 lbs in 3 weeks! YAY ME!

Jenni
Congrats! Yay you!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
Quote:

Jenni
Congrats!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Jenni

YAY to you. I hope to be reporting a loss soon too!

Cathy
Old 07-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #130
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ERINLYNN
Stats: 304/231/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 04/02/2011
i have had sop much of a hard time staying away from chocolate ( espescially a local ice cream place that makes amazing chocoalte peanut ice cream ..... I have lost 73 pounds and this week had to really push myself to saddle back up LOL .....
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:

Jenni

Yaaayyyyy Jenni!!!! Congrats!! Great job!!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hi everyone,

Been such a crazy summer, I have not been able to get on much. I've missed checking in with all of you and it's great to see so many of you still here on the boards.

I know what Betty and others mean about the motivation. I feel like I've been in the 60 pound slump for months and just can't hit the 70 lb mark. I stopped going to the center in early April and have only been back once for a check-in in June. While I was still going, one of the counselors told me that alot of people stop following the program carefully when they start getting down to a weight that feels much more comfortable than where they were, even if it's not their goal. That has definitely been the case for me. I feel great, have so much more energy, I don't cringe when I see myself in a mirror and I am buying clothes in sizes I cant even remember wearing. But the truth is, I am not done and I know that.

Today I went back to reading posts from months ago, back to November when I started my low carb life. I needed to remind myself what made me want to lose weight so badly. How I felt the first day I walked inot the center. I remember sitting at Thanksgiving dinner not even caring what was on the table because I just wanted to get the weight off.

Maybe a walk down memory lane is what we all need. Just thinking about an event, a feeling, whatever it was that made us decide to sign on to take better care of ourselves and make a major lifestyle change. I was willing to do it in the beginning because I wanted it SO BAD. Today I realized I still do!

Barb
Add me to this group as well I believe what your councelor/nurse said is 100% true. I ran into this (usually around 160) where I WANTED to get thinner, but ALWAYS got stuck.....This time I really just kept plugging along and got into the 150s, and it was like I had all of the motivation I needed......right up until I got to 149 ......it has been that SAME strugle all over again. On top of that even though I was hovering around 144-146 my body continued to change shape, and I'm now wearing size 10! That in it'self has thrown me for a loop! I LIKE wearing 10s.....I can't even remember the last time I was this small, BUT I want/need to lose more! I'm only 5'2" so should be more like 115, but my goal is 125!

I've had a small set back (I developed my second case of shingles ) so haven't been able to exercise much for at least 2 weeks, and have been endulging more than I should (I was throwing my own pity party) BUT I'm vowing to get right back on the wagon on Monday.....in the mean time I'm back on plan but still not exercising.

You're RIGHT we CAN do this!!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Old 07-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Close to 3 1/2 weeks with no change in the scale Iam happy to report it has moved!!! Iam down 2 pounds. Ok guys lets keep cheering eachother on

Cathy
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
MOTIVATION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
Hi everyone,

Barb
Thanks Barb for some good insight...yes, a walk down memory lane is good.
I CAN remember the day I walked into the center...and maybe I ought to think about that some more; I felt desperate & miserable. I read somewhere on this board a saying:
"Staying on plan is hard, and being FAT is hard. Pick your HARD" and that is what I have been trying to remember when I am feeling too good about myself! I don't want to go back to those old behaviors, especially while I'm not even done yet!

Mary- you are one of my biggest inspirations here- I have been reading your posts whenever I get to this board and you amaze me at your tenacity and how you just keep going....that is what I am loooking for- THAT kind of mind-set!

Since I posted last week, I have tried to get back to that place of staying on the program perfectly- I haven't been so perfect, but I have been more mindful of what I'm eating and got back to my daily exercise (walked 8 miles yesterday). The other good thing is I switched my weigh in from Thursday back to Monday....you'd be surprised at how that helps keep me in line on the weekend, when I have a tendency to get sloppy. I started on a Monday and always said that is the best day to weigh in because I always had it in the back of my mind. Somewhere along the way (like Memorial Day ) I switched to going on Thursdays and I think that has made a difference in my weekly mindset. Focus is what this is all about...maybe I should make it my business to get on this board more often to focus on what I need to do!

Thanks for some good ideas! And yes, let's finish strong!!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Mary:

Love your new profile pic!

Jodi
Old 07-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Hi Everyone!

Restarting here as of July 26. I woke up and decided I couldn't do this on my own and called the clinic on my way to work and I am so glad I did. My Week 1 weigh-in is Tuesday and I am hoping for a big loss. I have gone back on 2 separate occasions since joining MWL in Feb '10 but for some reason 3rd time was the charm as far as my motivation and committment goes. I did get to within 10 pounds of my original goal then but now I want to go a bit further. I think I am doing better this Week 1 vs. my original Week 1. I've decided to start fresh with regards to my stats and look at this phase as though I had never joined before. May sound odd but hey, whatever works from a psychological standpoint....LOL. I have been lurking around LCF all this time, have read other books and programs but I honestly feel like this really IS the one that works!!! Will keep you posted on my progress! Also, I am using the Lose-It app for tracking and it seems to be working fine for me.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagle View Post
This doesn't really address the RX issue, but I thought this might assist you with the hunger issue. Hope it helps....

I firmly believe that a "one size fits all" program is nonexistent, in that we, as individuals, react differently to certain foods, and what works for one, may not work for another. With that being said, I've been on Medi since Feb. 22nd and have lost to date 81 lbs., and I attribute part of my success to finding the individual tweaks within the Medi program that has worked for me. The "tweak" that has worked for me, and especially helps with hunger issues, is I deviate from the recommended amount of fat in my diet. That is, I would say I follow a more "moderate fat" versus "low fat". Good fats really help with appetite suppression naturally. If I were to eat strictly from the very low fat proteins, I would not have lasted this long. I mainly chose proteins from the middle column (55 calories per ounce) and occasionally from the 75 calories per ounce. Satiation is very important to me and the times that I chose a low fat protein it seems that within an hour I am famished - and that really defeats the purpose. And, also, when I'm hungry and it doesn't pass within a reasonable period of time, I will eat protein to offset it. There have been many, many days that I have far exceeded my protein range (750 to 850 calories per day - I exercise ALOT), but never have cheated, not once, in regards to carbs (they are NOT my friends!). My clinic has offered to increase my AS and/or change to the once a day one - but the way I see it, I'm having continued success and I'm going to stick with what's working. They are fully aware and supportive of what I"m doing, because it's working for me. Just some thoughts! Oh, and btw, I smoked some baby back ribs a few weeks ago and they were awesome! No guilt, no deprivation. Low Carb rocks!

I can totally relate to this Sue!! While on 'MWL hiatus', one of the programs I read about was Eat Fat, Get Thin (Natural Health & Weight Loss). I haven't consciously followed the program but for example, when I eat fattier meats I always lose and I am satiated. For me, it makes sense. I don't do it everyday but it has helped with this round of Week 1. Again, I have chosen MWL because it's the one that works for me.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:45 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERINLYNN View Post
i have had sop much of a hard time staying away from chocolate ( espescially a local ice cream place that makes amazing chocoalte peanut ice cream ..... I have lost 73 pounds and this week had to really push myself to saddle back up LOL .....
Hi Erinlynn,

73 pounds is awesome! I find the summer hard because I am always wanting a sweet frozen treat and I'm usually not even a dessert person. I live in MA too, and there is a store near my house called My Low Carb Life that carries a super low-carb, low-cal ice cream, called Artic Zero, and...it comes in a chocolate peanut butter flavor! The whole pint is only 150 calories. There are about 6 carbs per serving, so I have to watch that. It's not the real, creamy thing, but with a little SF chocolate syrup, it's enough to get me by. Maybe there is one of these stores out your way too. Good luck, you are doing great!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Add me to this group as well I believe what your councelor/nurse said is 100% true. I ran into this (usually around 160) where I WANTED to get thinner, but ALWAYS got stuck.....This time I really just kept plugging along and got into the 150s, and it was like I had all of the motivation I needed......right up until I got to 149 ......it has been that SAME strugle all over again. On top of that even though I was hovering around 144-146 my body continued to change shape, and I'm now wearing size 10! That in it'self has thrown me for a loop! I LIKE wearing 10s.....I can't even remember the last time I was this small, BUT I want/need to lose more! I'm only 5'2" so should be more like 115, but my goal is 125!

I've had a small set back (I developed my second case of shingles ) so haven't been able to exercise much for at least 2 weeks, and have been endulging more than I should (I was throwing my own pity party) BUT I'm vowing to get right back on the wagon on Monday.....in the mean time I'm back on plan but still not exercising.

You're RIGHT we CAN do this!!
So sorry to hear about the shingles! Hang in there and take care of yourself. Your determination is inspiring!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
Start Date: 6/21/2011
I cheated a little bit this week, only on protein, but 2 of the 7 days I had an extra 500 - 1000 calories of protein.

I exercise a great deal, at least 1 hour every day. I track all my food on livestrong.com and all my exercise. I have never eaten above 2000 calories. I average about 1000 - 1200 a day. Even on the cheat days I was at 1700 and 2000.

How is it possible I have not lost any weight this week? My weigh in is tomorrow officially, but as of this morning I'm the same as last week. Livestrong.com says I could 3000+ calories and still lose weight.

I drink tons of water and have little to no salt. Could I have entered starvation mode and the dr at medi just assuming I haven't. WTH is going on. I should have lost 5 lbs so far just mathematically, at least 1 or 2. The amount of exercise I'm doing and the little amount eating, it makes no sense.

WTH is going on!
Third Goal - 275
Fourth Goal - 250
Final Goal - 225
Old 08-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERINLYNN View Post
Hi Erinlynn
I have a hard time too staying away from chocolate ice cream. My friend bought me Bryers Carb Smart and it hits the spot with less calories, carbs and sugar/fat

1/2 cup
90 calories
13 carbs
6 fat
2 protein
4 sugars
4 fiber
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Gee wizzz

Catching up on reading all of the replies that my post illicited. I agree whole heartedly. Since losing so much weight I feel like a new woman. I feel more attractive, more energetic, and happier! I have been "cheating" here and there. My cheats consists of too much protein, a bite here and there of watermelon/cantelope/ or in my case today bing cherries.
I now have the added thought process of starting a family? How do I incorporate this WOE into getting pregnant? Should I return to the clinic, if I'm not able to take injections/fat burners/ app supressants? I have an appointment today, which I plan to keep so that I can talk to the Nurse Practitioner about my concers.... I'm really terrified to gain weight, I don't want to rewind to January 1/2011. I don't want to be that same fat, miserable, stressed out person again. I'm happy now, and I'm scared of falling into bad habits during a pregnancy......
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Join us in the August thread! **Affirm your August Aspirations with Another Astonishing Achievement**
Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Catching up on reading all of the replies that my post illicited. I agree whole heartedly. Since losing so much weight I feel like a new woman. I feel more attractive, more energetic, and happier! I have been "cheating" here and there. My cheats consists of too much protein, a bite here and there of watermelon/cantelope/ or in my case today bing cherries.
I now have the added thought process of starting a family? How do I incorporate this WOE into getting pregnant? Should I return to the clinic, if I'm not able to take injections/fat burners/ app supressants? I have an appointment today, which I plan to keep so that I can talk to the Nurse Practitioner about my concers.... I'm really terrified to gain weight, I don't want to rewind to January 1/2011. I don't want to be that same fat, miserable, stressed out person again. I'm happy now, and I'm scared of falling into bad habits during a pregnancy......
Rachel,
I feel your concerns on gaining weight during pregnancy. I also have that concern, though I really don't have plans right now to have another child. Yes you will gain, BUT you have the tools now that you have been in this WOE to not eat those bad for you carb foods. I gained 40 pounds while pregnant and that's why I am here, because I struggled to lose it for 5 years. I now know what I can and can't eat, whereas when I was pregnant I did not and I ate everything bad for me that's why I ended up here.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Thanks for starting the August thread!

Good job!

Jo
Closed Thread