Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
Quickly checking in, I've lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks even though I've been on busniees travel the whole time. I will update my stats when I have more time.

Really wish there was an app for this site, I love it!

Way to go on your loss

cathy
marverboston is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 269
Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
I have not been on here lately, it has been crazy busy...and I injured myself building a patio (not how you would think though). We tore down our deck and had to put our table and chairs on the lawn which is not level. While taking a break from all the work I sat down in one of the rocking chairs with a glass of water and the next thing you know I was head over heels backwards on the grass. spraining my ankle in the process. My husband was like, "how did you sprain your ankle? you should have hit your head. " thanks honey. And my sister wants a video. Nice .

Anyway I have been battling with my kids since summer started to get out and get some exercise- they have been sluggish and even though they have been blessed with good metabolisms (I never was) I am afraid that it will eventually catch up with them. And lets just say two of them get their coordination from me soooooo (l am making a short story long, sorry) I bought a trampoline (they are on a mission trip right now so it will be set up when they get home) I know I will be branded as the bad mom in the neighborhood(I know they can be dangerous, I know, I know), but since I got it, I have been using it, and it is FUN (as long as I bounce slow it doesn't hurt my foot or ankle)!!! now I am looking into a rebounder for me...one of those little personal jumpy things, has anyone tried them? Everything I read is positive (good for lymphatic system, good for joints, burns more calories than running) I know I look like a total dork on my kids trampoline, but it really is fun! It was featured on Today show and The Doctors....Has anyone else heard about doing this or done it? Or know anything about it??
__________________
Trish

For God did not give us a Spirit of Timidity, but a Spirit of Power, and Love and of Self Discipline.

2Tim 1:7

Last edited by cheftrish; 07-11-2011 at 05:46 AM..
cheftrish is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
The coconut milk, coconut water, coconut oil stuff. I guess it's supposed to be really good for you with the good fats and such - even contributing to weight loss apparently? The USDA website says it's a bunch of unproven hooey but it's all over the low carb friends board as being a cure all with my wonderful side effects. I saw some Silk Pure Coconut Milk in the store and it wasn't too terribly carby (10g for the vanilla) so I was curious as to whether anyone here is using it (and other coconut products) and how.

Trish, I'm sorry your ankle is hurt. I'm curious as to how you sprained your ankle falling backwards too though. LOL Sorry... hehe. Be careful on the trampoline. My younger sister broke her ankle really bad when she landed wrong on one.

Love your signature. Sooo true!
__________________
Erin

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
guitarjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Milford, NJ
Posts: 155
Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Is it ok to have a Tablespoon of regular salad dressing at lunch and then use 2 tsp of Olive oil to cook my chicken / veggies in the evening? Or is that too much fat. Doctor said I needed the fat for my Gal Bladder. Just wondering if those 2 servings is too much or not.

On a side note. I experimented and made a delicious snack.

1 0% Fage (or chiobani) Greek Yogurt - 100 cals, 7 carb
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 splenda

Mix thoroughly and enjoy. For additional enjoyment, put in freezer overnight.

Last edited by guitarjg; 07-11-2011 at 09:16 AM..
guitarjg is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Is it ok to have a Tablespoon of regular salad dressing at lunch and then use 2 tsp of Olive oil to cook my chicken / veggies in the evening? Or is that too much fat. Doctor said I needed the fat for my Gal Bladder. Just wondering if those 2 servings is too much or not.

On a side note. I experimented and made a delicious snack.

1 0% Fage (or chiobani) Greek Yogurt - 100 cals, 7 carb
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 splenda

Mix thoroughly and enjoy. For additional enjoyment, put in freezer overnight.
That recipe sounds yummy!

You are doing so great I would think you will be fine with a Tablespoon of salad dressing to get the extra fat you need but be careful of the calories in the dressing. I had my gall bladder removed 20 years ago so at least that is something I don't have to worry about.

If you need more fat try for the "good fat"... olive oil, avacodo, almonds. Wholly guacamole makes 100 calorie snack packs. I used to put half a pack on my salad. Now that I am in Maintenance I dip whole wheat crackers in it. It's really good.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
guitarjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Milford, NJ
Posts: 155
Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
2 cups Greek O% yogurt (Fage Total 0%)
2 packets sweetener
1-2 tablespoons Cinnamon
Grated rind from 1 lemon with a little extra lemon juice
2 Tbsp. of Vanilla &/or Almond Extract
2 whole eggs (beat before you add to mixture) ...you can try adding 1 egg and beating a few egg whites before you add to mixture.
TOPPING: OPTIONAL
Sprinkle cinnamon
Sugar Free Hot Cocoa powder or Alba Dairy Shake powder
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all ingredients except Cocoa Powder with a wire whisk. Spoon mixture into a slightly greased pan. Swirl cinnamon and cocoa powder on top (to taste). Place pan into a larger pan with a ¼ inch of water in it. Bake for one hour. If not firm to touch, leave in oven after it’s turned off for 10 minutes.
guitarjg is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS
2 cups Greek O% yogurt (Fage Total 0%)
2 packets sweetener
1-2 tablespoons Cinnamon
Grated rind from 1 lemon with a little extra lemon juice
2 Tbsp. of Vanilla &/or Almond Extract
2 whole eggs (beat before you add to mixture) ...you can try adding 1 egg and beating a few egg whites before you add to mixture.
TOPPING: OPTIONAL
Sprinkle cinnamon
Sugar Free Hot Cocoa powder or Alba Dairy Shake powder
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375°. Mix all ingredients except Cocoa Powder with a wire whisk. Spoon mixture into a slightly greased pan. Swirl cinnamon and cocoa powder on top (to taste). Place pan into a larger pan with a ¼ inch of water in it. Bake for one hour. If not firm to touch, leave in oven after it’s turned off for 10 minutes.
Looks good, but would you post this on the recipe thread as well? I think there is one for desserts!

I also eat Greek yogurt with cinnamon, Liquid Splenda, and vanilla.......it's GREAT! In a pinch I've also added cinnamon, liquid Splenda, and vanilla to cottage cheese. Don't forget to try adding a few blueberries, or strawberries to the yogurt as well......they're GREAT with the cinnamon as well!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
The coconut milk, coconut water, coconut oil stuff. I guess it's supposed to be really good for you with the good fats and such - even contributing to weight loss apparently? The USDA website says it's a bunch of unproven hooey but it's all over the low carb friends board as being a cure all with my wonderful side effects. I saw some Silk Pure Coconut Milk in the store and it wasn't too terribly carby (10g for the vanilla) so I was curious as to whether anyone here is using it (and other coconut products) and how.
I have used coconut oil for years.....I buy a better grade (virgin or something) from Netrition , and also buy from Walmart. The cheaper stuff I make a coconut "bark" from, when I "need" chocolate. I also put some (of the "better" stuff) in my coffee during the winter, when my skin is so dry. I also use (the cheaper stuff) in the soap I make, as well as rub it on in place of lotion! I've used it when I had some funky irritation. I'd like to be able to find the coconut coffee creamer someone wrote about a while back. I think it's made by so delicious.
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
I have not been on here lately, it has been crazy busy...and I injured myself building a patio (not how you would think though). We tore down our deck and had to put our table and chairs on the lawn which is not level. While taking a break from all the work I sat down in one of the rocking chairs with a glass of water and the next thing you know I was head over heels backwards on the grass. spraining my ankle in the process. My husband was like, "how did you sprain your ankle? you should have hit your head. " thanks honey. And my sister wants a video. Nice .

Anyway I have been battling with my kids since summer started to get out and get some exercise- they have been sluggish and even though they have been blessed with good metabolisms (I never was) I am afraid that it will eventually catch up with them. And lets just say two of them get their coordination from me soooooo (l am making a short story long, sorry) I bought a trampoline (they are on a mission trip right now so it will be set up when they get home) I know I will be branded as the bad mom in the neighborhood(I know they can be dangerous, I know, I know), but since I got it, I have been using it, and it is FUN (as long as I bounce slow it doesn't hurt my foot or ankle)!!! now I am looking into a rebounder for me...one of those little personal jumpy things, has anyone tried them? Everything I read is positive (good for lymphatic system, good for joints, burns more calories than running) I know I look like a total dork on my kids trampoline, but it really is fun! It was featured on Today show and The Doctors....Has anyone else heard about doing this or done it? Or know anything about it??
I'm SO sorry you hurt yourself I had one of those little trampolines YEARS ago, and loved it! But if I had a REAL trampoline I'd just have fun playing on it! That was one of the few athletic things I was semi good at as a kid!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Mary... I just noticed on another post that your birthday is the day before mine. Happy birthday week!
Yours is the 16th? Happy Birthday to BOTH of us!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi All

Seems all is well on the MEDI home front Remember to post your recipes in the appropriate recipe thread, so that they can easily be found in the future
I've been challenging myself this week to get in the gym, and work harder at it! Actually was able to JOG for 10 mins straight, speed walk 20, and stair climb 15! I'm really enjoying this lighter body! Never would have thought last summer, that I could actually exercise and LIKE it again I'm going to attend classes tonight, and tomorrow, to switch up my routine, and keep my interest peaked!
Keep up all of the hard work, because it really does pay off!
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 07-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
I have some too.....I see a lot of people on the Main recipe board here at LCF mix it (and other nut flours) with the flaxmeal. So far I'm really liking the Flaxmeal.

Stephany is your MIM (Muffin in a minute) recipe the same as the One Minute Muffin?
I am pretty sure it is. I use the golden flax over the regular. It seems to have a better flavor. I tried yesterday making it is a bowl instead of the coffee mug so I could try it for making a sandwich. Didn't work too well for my first try. I did leave out the splenda and cinnamon but I added some Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning and it tasted pretty good.
think-skinny is offline  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member
 
Jbojennjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
That's weird... they kept me on them until I hit my goal weight. Even when I was within a normal BMI. I am on Stay Slim now but I am in Maintenance so I get to eat twice as many calories. I couldn't do 500 calories a day with Stay Slim.... no way!

They just told me that they couldn't justify prescribing them to me when I was within normal BMI. And, for the record, it's ROUGH to keep to the 500 calories with Stay Slim alone which I can't feel it helping me whatsoever. I think my stomach growls about 80% of the day. I can shut it up with water and coffee for only so long. I'm hanging in there, though! I didn't come this far to quit now!!
Thanks for the support and kind words... I needed that!
Jbojennjenn is offline  
Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
They cut me off early too! I stock piled mine though so I could wean myself off slower than they wanted me to. hehe Totally against the rules so don't say one thing about it if you decide to do that. I figured that out quickly. I went down to 1 a day on my own and I was open about it so they completely cut back my prescription! Errr hell to the no! The week after, I told them how hungry I was so they gave me the full dose again.

I sound like an addict. lol
eptexy is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
WOO HOO! My scale has FINALLY moved!! I was down 2 pounds yesterday, but wanted to confirm it today! I'm at a new low (144) NOW if I can just get my blasted "ticker" to post right.....I already changed my stats!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 43
Gallery: lorig
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: November2008
help

HI,
I was a former MEDI patient and recently have come back. But I was kinda surprised....first week back I lost 6.2 but on my second week I only lost 1lb.....was strick on the plan and worked out 4days that week......any suggestions????
lorig is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorig View Post
HI,
I was a former MEDI patient and recently have come back. But I was kinda surprised....first week back I lost 6.2 but on my second week I only lost 1lb.....was strick on the plan and worked out 4days that week......any suggestions????
So you're drinking ALL of your plain water?? I ALWAYS gain weight the day or two after I work out. Your muscles get microscopic tears and the inflammation retains water. If you're following the plan don't worry the weight WILL come off! Welcome back
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
betty_going_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 153
Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
That is fantastic Mary. I really like how you really stick with it. Congrats.
betty_going_85 is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
KUDOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
WOO HOO! My scale has FINALLY moved!! I was down 2 pounds yesterday, but wanted to confirm it today! I'm at a new low (144) NOW if I can just get my blasted "ticker" to post right.....I already changed my stats!
AWESOME MARY! You are so inspiring for me personally, because our beginning stats are so similar! Keep it up girl! I know you will reach your goal!
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 07-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member
 
irabeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 288
Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
WOO HOO! My scale has FINALLY moved!! I was down 2 pounds yesterday, but wanted to confirm it today! I'm at a new low (144) NOW if I can just get my blasted "ticker" to post right.....I already changed my stats!
Your patience is amazing! You are a shining examples for many of us. Your weight loss is very slow but you don't get discouraged and you get results. I wish I can be this disciplined. Congratulations!
irabeslim is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
Yours is the 16th? Happy Birthday to BOTH of us!
Thanks, Mary! Hope you had a terrific one!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
They cut me off early too! I stock piled mine though so I could wean myself off slower than they wanted me to. hehe Totally against the rules so don't say one thing about it if you decide to do that. I figured that out quickly. I went down to 1 a day on my own and I was open about it so they completely cut back my prescription! Errr hell to the no! The week after, I told them how hungry I was so they gave me the full dose again.

I sound like an addict. lol
I guess all clinics are different. I actually got a bottle of AS when I stared maintenance!! After 3 weeks of maintenance I've gained a pound. My high school reunion (and birthday) are today and I'm going to the Keys for 4 days next week so I think I'll be doing a couple weeks of acute when I get back! I'm glad I have my stock pile of AS because I couldn't do it on Stay Slim. NO WAY!!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 135
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
WOO HOO! My scale has FINALLY moved!! I was down 2 pounds yesterday, but wanted to confirm it today! I'm at a new low (144) NOW if I can just get my blasted "ticker" to post right.....I already changed my stats!
What a great birthday present for yourself!!!!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 18
Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Happy Saturday!

While I'm getting into the swing of medi-life, I do find myself getting royally ticked I can't have ice cream or chocolate. I haven't cheated but I find I am really missing chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions to help with my chocolate cravings? I've found some recipes in the recipe section I'm going to try; I'm really looking for more suggestions as how to deal with knowing I'm limited in what I eat. Does that make sense?
I really want to succeed on this diet, but even when on WW, I could eat something every now & then that wouldn't throw my entire diet off. This is definitely more restrictive. Thanks!
JenniKo is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
suthrn grl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 106
Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniKo View Post
Happy Saturday!

While I'm getting into the swing of medi-life, I do find myself getting royally ticked I can't have ice cream or chocolate. I haven't cheated but I find I am really missing chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions to help with my chocolate cravings? I've found some recipes in the recipe section I'm going to try; I'm really looking for more suggestions as how to deal with knowing I'm limited in what I eat. Does that make sense?
I really want to succeed on this diet, but even when on WW, I could eat something every now & then that wouldn't throw my entire diet off. This is definitely more restrictive. Thanks!
Hey JenniKo
Fellow "lower Alabama" gal here too... great to have you here!
I am like you with your struggle for chocolate. This may be non-medi advice but it helped me GREATLY in the beginning so here goes.... Atkins bars. I would cut them in half and have 1/2 as a "treat" in the evening. There is one that tastes kinda like a snickers. I can't remember the name but it had 130 calories and 2 to 4 net carbs (can't remember). This may stall some folks or not be the remedy for others... but, it worked for me. I still crave sweets frequently...OK VERY frequently and have found some super ideas here on these boards. Not just on the Medi recipe boards but some of the others too. You just may have to "tweak" them to make them medi-friendly.
Right now my favorite snack is 3 Tblsp. ricotta cheese (part skim-milk kind) sprinkled with white chocolate SF/FF Jello pudding, a little Torani vanilla SF syrup, and a couple drops of ezsweets liquid splenda. Nuke in the microwave for about 30 sec., stir, then nuke about 30 more sec. Stir and enjoy...it's a warm yummy treat. Not sure of all of the "counts"...but, it fills my need for something sweet.

Happy Saturday to you too and have a great day!!
__________________
~~* Sherri

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." ~ ~

...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
suthrn grl is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniKo View Post
Happy Saturday!

While I'm getting into the swing of medi-life, I do find myself getting royally ticked I can't have ice cream or chocolate. I haven't cheated but I find I am really missing chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions to help with my chocolate cravings? I've found some recipes in the recipe section I'm going to try; I'm really looking for more suggestions as how to deal with knowing I'm limited in what I eat. Does that make sense?
I really want to succeed on this diet, but even when on WW, I could eat something every now & then that wouldn't throw my entire diet off. This is definitely more restrictive. Thanks!
JenniKo,
OK so let me apologize right up front, because I'm PRETTY sure I'm going to step on toes (once again)......Medi weightloss is NOT for everyone.....BUT if you stick with the program you WILL lose weight, and you can lose a LOT of weight! So far I'm down almost 85 pounds, my DH is down about 100, and several people who post here regularly have lost around 100+ pounds (Desert-Rose, Irabeslim, Mommy2princesses).....then of course there is Jerome who lost 300 pounds on medi! To answer your question:
I like Sherrys suggestion of the ricotta cheese....just be sure to weigh and measure! I also like the Medi Gummies Recipe that is posted on the snack thread! They are ALL protein, IF I remember!


In case your clinic didn't tell you... originally Medi was started for morbidly obease clients who NEEDED to lose weight QUICKLY (before they had a stroke, or heart attack and DIED) So AT FIRST clinics ONLY took people with a certain BMI or higher, or had some urgent medical need. They wanted to get people into a better BMI, better lab values, better EKG, etc as FAST as possible, so YES the plan is VERY restrictive.....it is NOT Weight Watchers! Like I said it's NOT for everybody, and that's OK!

One of the reasons they restrict you so much is sort of a DETOX......to get you so you AREN'T craving the high carb foods that were in many ways CONTROLING your life......I know I was thinking about food ALL the time (pre medi)......I'd be thinking about lunch WHILE I was still finishing my morning coffee, and thinking about a snack AT lunch, or what "sounded" good for dinner, while I was preparing my lunch.....commercials "taunted" me. Going to a restaurant was torture because I wanted EVERYTHING.....there were so many choices I couldn't decide! THEN when I'd eat, I'd eat super FAST (I still do) and keep packing it in until I was STUFFED.......by the time I KNEW I was full I felt almost sick! Well, no more!

I would suggest (and PLEASE take this with the friendship, and support in which I'm saying it) don't look for a way around the rules, this plan WORKS.....follow it, and give it a chance. IF after a month or two, you hate it, no harm done, and you can go back to WW. I'd also suggest that unless your clinic says (or it's written in some handout from the clinic) it's OK to eat something sweet (like SF Jello), (especially at the beginning) I'd try my dardest to ONLY eat what they say, or what is posted on OUR recipe boards. BE SURE to COUNT it towards your calorie counts. Staying away from sweets all together will help "reset" you taste buds so that things like apples, or berries taste GREAT! Sometimes having a "FRANKINfood" only makes the cravings more!

Someone on the main LCF board has a signature something like this and IMHO it says it all:
Staying on plan is hard, and being FAT is hard. Pick your HARD

Keep posting and checking in here.....as well as reading old threads......they are a WEALTH of info (you might even run across the last time I "stepped on toes" about sticking to the plan....it was probably in the February thread.....and I wouldn't change a word!

Last edited by Mary T8M; 07-16-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
Thanks, Mary! Hope you had a terrific one!
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes, and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to Jodi!

We ate "light" yesterday, and I ran at the gym (2.25 miles plus walking another .5 mile) since we planned on going to dinner with neighbors to celebrate my big 6-0......Holy Cow HOW can I possibly be THAT old???

Anyway I think I did really well, we split fried calamari, and I had a side salad, then I had grilled yellowtail tuna, and broccoli (I brought a lot of it home). Bill and I split a piece of peanut butter pie instead of birthday cake. I had a LOT of water, but I KNOW it really wasn't enough

Today, while I wasn't craving high carb things in particular, I found I was MUCH hungrier than usual! I finally had a BIG glass of iced coffee and that seemed to help!
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
suthrn grl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 106
Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Mary, you always say it sooo well! I couldn't agree with you more!! The plan WORKS if you will just stick to it. It is restrictive, but it is all for a reason. I haven't had a bite of potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or the such in 7 months...much like the rest or you here on these boards. And to tell you the truth, I really don't miss it. Stick with the plan and like Mary says measure, count and drink all of your water. The weight will come off!!
suthrn grl is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 268
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Mary truly enjoyed reading your post tonight! I agree completely with your advice of avoiding frankenfoods! I think that the more that you RETEACH your taste buds, the more you begin to enjoy the tastes of natural foods. MEDI is really changing many of my thoughts about "healthy" eating habits. I feel like I'm adopting more of a whole food mentality vs. prepackaged/boxed/invented foods! I feel so much healthier and have much more energy, most of the time! This new lifestyle isn't a diet, it's a commitment to changing your body to running on FUEL-- not putting it in a coma with high carb/sugar filled foods. Initially, it is difficult, but through perserverance it becomes much easier!





[img]http://tickers.************.com/ticker/show/480/7345/4807345.png[/img]
Created by ************.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 07-16-2011 at 07:48 PM..
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,405
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
JenniKo,
The one big thing I forgot.........probably because I'm NOT to this point yet in my own journey When you/we get to maintenance you will be adding calories/foods BACK into your diet, so the VERY low carb, VERY low calorie, VERY low fat intake that is the Medi weightloss plan WILL change! This is only temporary! Will you be able to go back to eating what you used to eat, in the same amounts........NO! Hopefully when you/we get to that point you/we will feel SO great that you/we won't even WANT to put all of that junk into your body! Drew Cary said that "eating crappy food isn't a reward"
Mary T8M is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.