Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member
 
guitarjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Milford, NJ
Posts: 155
Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Determined Gemini.

I notice you're from Jersey. Which clinic do you go to? I'm up in Paramus.
guitarjg is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 283
Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Determined Gemini.

I notice you're from Jersey. Which clinic do you go to? I'm up in Paramus.
Yes I'm from Mt.Olive and go to the Randolph clinic.
Determined Gemini is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Additionally, my dr told me to forget about the Tanita scale. According to my readings I've lost 19.2 lbs of water. 2 lbs of fat and the rest lean mass. There's no way out of 27.6 lbs only 2 of that is fat. Anyone else get strange readings from the Tanita?
Yes!! Ignore that thing. There is not way that is correct. Congrats on the weightloss!!

I used to get so caught up in the readings and would ignore the fact that the weight was coming off.
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Since I no longer am able to go to my Medi Center, I can't check to see what their thought on the OMM (one minute muffin) is. I'm thinking that it would be acceptable (maybe only for maintenance) but would someone please check and let me know? I made the original version first (we were out of eggbeaters) and I LOVED it! VERY moist and FILLING! I also used this recipe (and added diet 7-UP to thin it) to make GREAT pancakes this morning. I even made one for my NON-LCing neighbors to try yesterday, and they asked for the recipe!

Here is the recipe (modified for Medi) The original recipe (using BUTTER, and a whole egg) is posted on the main LCF recipe board

1/4 C Flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 C eggbeaters
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 teaspoon Smart Balance Light Margarine
1-3 packets of Splenda

Directions
Melt the margarine in a glass 2 Cup measuring cup, or large microwaveable coffee cup. DON'T let it over heat.
Add eggbeaters, and blend with fork.
Add all dry ingredients, and mix well with fork.
cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 1 minute.
Check, if more time is needed only microwave in 10 second increments.

Remove and eat!

Nutrition Facts
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving

Calories 119.7
Total Fat 2.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.8 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Potassium 12.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g

Dietary Fiber 1.3 g

Sugars 1.1 g

Protein 6.1 g


Vitamin A 5.1 %

Vitamin B-12 10.0 %

Vitamin B-6 17.9 %

Vitamin C 1.1 %

Vitamin D 7.5 %

Vitamin E 5.0 %

Calcium 16.3 %

Copper 0.3 %

Folate 0.2 %

Iron 6.3 %

Magnesium 0.5 %

Manganese 19.2 %

Niacin 0.2 %

Pantothenic Acid 0.0 %

Phosphorus 5.2 %

Riboflavin 0.2 %

Selenium 0.0 %

Thiamin 0.1 %

Zinc 0.3 %
__________________


Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford

Last edited by Mary T8M; 07-06-2011 at 09:05 AM..
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
I'm sure IF you did the One Minute Muffin, you'd want to skip any nuts that day
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member
 
reebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 31
Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Has anyone had the AS stop working for you? Possibly your body "adjusting" to it? I still take it 3 times a day but, I've noticed for the past few weeks that I have been hungry. I'm still losing, so I'm not complaining just curious.
reebs is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 34
Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
I'm so NOT a happy camper! I have lost 30 pounds since April and had a goal to lose 5-10 more before my NYC trip 7/20. The problem is I have a spider bite with a MRSA infection and the doctors have me on strong antibiotics. I got really sick from the antibiotics with the diet and both doctors I have seen have told me to stop the diet until next Friday when I finish the meds. They have me on very strong antibiotics and if I don't eat substantially on them I get really sick. I'm so sad!!!
butterflytrg is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I'm so NOT a happy camper! I have lost 30 pounds since April and had a goal to lose 5-10 more before my NYC trip 7/20. The problem is I have a spider bite with a MRSA infection and the doctors have me on strong antibiotics. I got really sick from the antibiotics with the diet and both doctors I have seen have told me to stop the diet until next Friday when I finish the meds. They have me on very strong antibiotics and if I don't eat substantially on them I get really sick. I'm so sad!!!
Sorry to hear your news. The doctors will have you fixed in no time. Heal yourself and take care. You have done such a great job to this point! Hang in there. I will be thinking of you

Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 272
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I'm so NOT a happy camper! I have lost 30 pounds since April and had a goal to lose 5-10 more before my NYC trip 7/20. The problem is I have a spider bite with a MRSA infection and the doctors have me on strong antibiotics. I got really sick from the antibiotics with the diet and both doctors I have seen have told me to stop the diet until next Friday when I finish the meds. They have me on very strong antibiotics and if I don't eat substantially on them I get really sick. I'm so sad!!!
Sorry to hear your story dear! Hope you get well soon! Please keep optimsitc, and know that the most important thing is your health. Right now abx for MRSA trumps weight loss, but you can pick back up MEDI next week! PLEASE<< PLEASE>>PLEASE drink lots of water. That's so important while taking abx, and also for decreasing cravings. I say avoid the breads and junk food, but continue to eat a healthy diet. Lean protein, greens, and MULTI grain startches! Take care, we are all rooting for you, and remember that your health is most important, that's probably a reason you started MEDI. You will do great!
__________________
*~Rachel~* MEDI journey began 2-3-11, On my own began 7/26/11
Total Loss to date on Low Carb WOE: 71.2 lbs (bye-bye jiggly stuff)
Elie Wiesel "Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself."
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 18
Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Hi everyone. I'm new, just started yesterday and think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm doing Medi with a friend and it makes it so much easier to call her up and get support!

I have 2 questions:

1) Headaches. I've taken ibuprofen and it doesn't help it much. They will go away at some point, right?

2) What food for you fills you up and keeps you feeling full the longest? The Canadian bacon was a lifesaver for me yesterday!

I've been reading the threads and I'm glad I found this place. There is a lot of great information here!

Jenni
JenniKo is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
guitarjg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Milford, NJ
Posts: 155
Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniKo View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new, just started yesterday and think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm doing Medi with a friend and it makes it so much easier to call her up and get support!

I have 2 questions:

1) Headaches. I've taken ibuprofen and it doesn't help it much. They will go away at some point, right?

2) What food for you fills you up and keeps you feeling full the longest? The Canadian bacon was a lifesaver for me yesterday!

I've been reading the threads and I'm glad I found this place. There is a lot of great information here!

Jenni
Jenni - The headaches definately go away. I had bad headaches the first week and felt a little bit of flu like symptoms. This is completely normal and happens when your body enters ketosis. Don't panic! Just try to stick it out and you'll be rewarded.

To keep full I generally have most of my calories at breakfast. I have Jenny-o turkey bacon, 2% cottage cheese and an egg / egg beaters / egg whites. Also, a nice filling snack is 0% Fage Greek Yogurt. Pickles helped for the hunger issues.

Are you taking the appetite suppressants?
guitarjg is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lower Alabama
Posts: 18
Gallery: JenniKo
Stats: 239/220/150
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 7/6/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjg View Post
Jenni - The headaches definately go away. I had bad headaches the first week and felt a little bit of flu like symptoms. This is completely normal and happens when your body enters ketosis. Don't panic! Just try to stick it out and you'll be rewarded.

To keep full I generally have most of my calories at breakfast. I have Jenny-o turkey bacon, 2% cottage cheese and an egg / egg beaters / egg whites. Also, a nice filling snack is 0% Fage Greek Yogurt. Pickles helped for the hunger issues.

Are you taking the appetite suppressants?
Yes, I'm taking the appetite suppressants 3x a day. They really helped with cravings! I didn't eat breakfast yesterday so I decided to see if it would make a difference today and it really did. I had 3 slices Canadian bacon & Southwestern Eggbeaters with coffee. It made a difference and I plan on eating breakfast from now on.

Thanks for the reply!
JenniKo is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 34
Gallery: butterflytrg
Stats: 205/175/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/11/2011
Marverboston and Swirveegrl,
Thanks Ladies!! I just wanted to look really good to see my mom after 1 year and my 5 siblings for the first time in my life. I am proud of my progress right now and have to just remember that. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
butterflytrg is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member
 
Swirveegrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 272
Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Get it done!

Hi all! Getting myself back into my STRUCTURED MEDI way of life And.. it feels good. I weighed in this afternoon down -3.5lbs of fat, but up in water (Sigh.. such is life). BUT, I don't sweat that anymore For all the newbies remember that body water fluctuates! It's perfectly normal, acceptable, and doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong. The best thing to do is drink more H20, SO I will!
The great thing I'm focusing on today is my reduction in total body fat! Yes! Feb 2, 2011 I was carrying around 100.2 lbs of body fat(obese), today I am carrying around 57 lbs of that lumpy, hot, jiggly stuff
This program works! Stick to it, get educated, learn as much about this WOE that you possibly can, READ,READ, READ old threads on this board! During Feb, March, April this board was my part-time job. Make the commitment to change, REMEMBER there is no VACATION from RECOVERY!
I repeat those valuable words of wisdom, from my father; whenever, wedding cake, chips & salsa, candy, and other aromatic JUNK foods fill my nose They have gotten me past 2 vacations, 2 work trips, 2 weddings, 1 birthday, numerous parties and outings without a single SCREW UP!
I'm not meaning to sing my personal praises, BUT I do mean to inspire my fellow MEDI troops to remain compliant during the difficult times. It's possible
An added bonus: Now.. I am pretty much NEVER the fatty in the room

The attatched pic is from last May 2010.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profile 3.jpg (66.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Swirveegrl; 07-07-2011 at 05:52 PM..
Swirveegrl is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrg View Post
I'm so NOT a happy camper! I have lost 30 pounds since April and had a goal to lose 5-10 more before my NYC trip 7/20. The problem is I have a spider bite with a MRSA infection and the doctors have me on strong antibiotics. I got really sick from the antibiotics with the diet and both doctors I have seen have told me to stop the diet until next Friday when I finish the meds. They have me on very strong antibiotics and if I don't eat substantially on them I get really sick. I'm so sad!!!
Just because you have to eat more than 600 calories, doesn't mean you have to binge on carbs. Make good choices.
ericak44 is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
So I was on the wagon- Medi myself r/t budget constraints, lost 6lbs in 3 days then fell off for 4 days. Back in full force, day too but not losing the bloat. I think is is my hormones after the pregnancy loss. Feeling good and optimistic. I know I need to stick with this for the long haul or I will have no clothes to wear when I start my new Nurse Practitioner job in Sept.
ericak44 is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Mary- the muffin recipe sounds delic! I have some almond flour too. I am thinking is would be awesome to mix almond flour and the flax meal. MMmmm
ericak44 is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
Hi all! Getting myself back into my STRUCTURED MEDI way of life And.. it feels good. I weighed in this afternoon down -3.5lbs of fat, but up in water (Sigh.. such is life). BUT, I don't sweat that anymore For all the newbies remember that body water fluctuates! It's perfectly normal, acceptable, and doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong. The best thing to do is drink more H20, SO I will!
The great thing I'm focusing on today is my reduction in total body fat! Yes! Feb 2, 2011 I was carrying around 100.2 lbs of body fat(obese), today I am carrying around 57 lbs of that lumpy, hot, jiggly stuff
This program works! Stick to it, get educated, learn as much about this WOE that you possibly can, READ,READ, READ old threads on this board! During Feb, March, April this board was my part-time job. Make the commitment to change, REMEMBER there is no VACATION from RECOVERY!
I repeat those valuable words of wisdom, from my father; whenever, wedding cake, chips & salsa, candy, and other aromatic JUNK foods fill my nose They have gotten me past 2 vacations, 2 work trips, 2 weddings, 1 birthday, numerous parties and outings without a single SCREW UP!
I'm not meaning to sing my personal praises, BUT I do mean to inspire my fellow MEDI troops to remain compliant during the difficult times. It's possible
An added bonus: Now.. I am pretty much NEVER the fatty in the room

The attatched pic is from last May 2010.
Well said Rachel! We really need keep our eyes on the long haul, I have fell a couple of times into eating out of Medi and it is not worth it. Way to go on all your willpower, I hope to gain some of that.
PS:
your pics look great!

Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member
 
Jbojennjenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 10
Gallery: Jbojennjenn
Stats: 230/140/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: Feb. 17, 2011
Hi everyone! Quick question....when any of you were taken off of the AS, did you get a little depressed? They can't prescribe them anymore because I'm within normal BMI which is admittingly fantastic, but I find myself in this strange emotional struggle now. Like why am I not eating what I want at this stage in my life...I'm an adult and should be able to eat what I want and just exercise it off...stuff like that that I didn't have going on in my head while taking the AS. I wasn't a regular taker of the AS... trying to skip and wean myself off of them, but I still had them there to take every couple of days as a crutch more than anything.
Just wondered if anyone else had any issues with the switch to Stay Slim. Thanks!!! :-)
Jbojennjenn is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
think-skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 63
Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
At the beginning of May I reached my first big goal of weighing 130 lbs. I decided I would like to lose another 5 lbs. and am finding it really hard to reach that goal. I tried going back to the week one (meat, eggs, cheese only) and succeeded for two days and then today we went to CFA for cow appreciation day and ate probably the equivalent of a small fry. I decided to mow the lawn for DH to make up for it. I know I sure sweated a lot but know I need to not order and fries for myself or my boys in the future.

My mini goal this month is to get back on the wagon to lose that last 4-5 lbs and than learn to maintain at 125. I am no longer able to use the AS so they have me on the stay slim. I find myself to be very hungry and unable to stay around my 700 protein calories.

You are all doing such a great job on this WOE. Thanks for all the encouraging word to each other.

BTW, the MIM recipe is delicious. I know I probably should not be having it yet but I figure it is better than having a regular muffin.

On a side note, for those with young children at home, how do you plan meals for them without being tempted to eat what they are having? I find myself nibbling at their food sometimes and I wish I had stonger will power. But like it was stated before we can't beat ourselves up. I know that this WOE is for life and I love being 72lbs lighter. I can't ever remember being this light. I love all the energy I have and the muscle tone my body has taken on (Needing more toning for the lower half of my body, any suggestions?).

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks again for all the wonderful encouragement!
__________________
Have a blessed day,
Stephany
think-skinny is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mary T8M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft. Pierce, Florida
Posts: 1,406
Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Mary- the muffin recipe sounds delic! I have some almond flour too. I am thinking is would be awesome to mix almond flour and the flax meal. MMmmm
I have some too.....I see a lot of people on the Main recipe board here at LCF mix it (and other nut flours) with the flaxmeal. So far I'm really liking the Flaxmeal.

Stephany is your MIM (Muffin in a minute) recipe the same as the One Minute Muffin?
Mary T8M is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Reebs- You can develop a tolerance to AS. Talk to your clinic about it. They can up the phendimetrazine to four times/ day.
ericak44 is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 116
Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Day three on acute and doing well. I think I am over the carb withdrawal side effects. Will check for ketosis in the am. We got a half bushel of Maryland crabs and steamed them up at home. Low calorie, no carbs and it takes forever to eat them so I think I burned more calories cleaning them than I consumed, lol
ericak44 is offline  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member
 
reebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North West NJ
Posts: 31
Gallery: reebs
Stats: 5'11/ 202/160/165 restart 5/2014: 188/188/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 2011/ May 2014
Thanks Erika- when I asked my clinic they said it's possible but we can't give you anymore (maybe since I'm so close to my goal and in the normal bmi) I didn't question them. They just suggested to eat some more protein or a cheese stick (which I have been). So I'm thinking maybe I'll take one in the am and two before lunch. Yummy those crabs sound good!!
reebs is offline  
Old 07-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member
 
eptexy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 664
Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hey can anyone explain the whole coconut craze to me? I'm seeing it everywhere (including LC Friends). Is any of it considered medi friendly?
eptexy is offline  
Old 07-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Maintenance Check-in

Hey everyone! I just wanted to check in and let you know how my first 2 weeks of Maintenance have been going. So far, so good. I have maintained my weight of 135 and gradually started increasing my calories and decreasing my AS.

Currently I am at 1,000 calories a day and no AS. I still take the Fat Burner at every meal and have substituted the AS with Stay Slim. I am definatley hungrier without the AS and am thankful I get to eat the extra calories.

Last weekend I attended three 4th of July parties three days in a row. I drank a few beers at the first one and had a piece of apple pie. I blame eating the pie on the few beers I had that impaired my judgement!!

Other than that I've been on track. I am still eating the same foods I was eating before and just adding to them. I do find that now I sort of obsess about what I can eat next. At 500 calories there was no wiggle room to obsess. Thank goodness for "My Fitness Pal" so I can keep track of everything. I am still working out at least 4 days a week.

My 25th high school reunion and my 43rd birthday are next Saturday so I am so happy that I hit my goal and am thankful to you all for the help and encouragement to get me there!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Mary... I just noticed on another post that your birthday is the day before mine. Happy birthday week!
Jodi A is offline  
Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member
 
marverboston's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 243
Gallery: marverboston
Stats: 180
WOE: medi
Start Date: restart 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Hey can anyone explain the whole coconut craze to me? I'm seeing it everywhere (including LC Friends). Is any of it considered medi friendly?
I have never heard of this coconut craze. I would love to hear about it too.

Cathy
marverboston is offline  
Old 07-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member
 
Determined Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 283
Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Quickly checking in, I've lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks even though I've been on busniees travel the whole time. I will update my stats when I have more time.

Really wish there was an app for this site, I love it!
Determined Gemini is offline  
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 136
Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbojennjenn View Post
Hi everyone! Quick question....when any of you were taken off of the AS, did you get a little depressed? They can't prescribe them anymore because I'm within normal BMI which is admittingly fantastic, but I find myself in this strange emotional struggle now. Like why am I not eating what I want at this stage in my life...I'm an adult and should be able to eat what I want and just exercise it off...stuff like that that I didn't have going on in my head while taking the AS. I wasn't a regular taker of the AS... trying to skip and wean myself off of them, but I still had them there to take every couple of days as a crutch more than anything.
Just wondered if anyone else had any issues with the switch to Stay Slim. Thanks!!! :-)
That's weird... they kept me on them until I hit my goal weight. Even when I was within a normal BMI. I am on Stay Slim now but I am in Maintenance so I get to eat twice as many calories. I couldn't do 500 calories a day with Stay Slim.... no way!
Jodi A is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.