Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/165/147
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I love reading this journal, Jeff. I think most of us have many of the same up ups and downs at some point in this process. There have been times when this felt like a lonely battle for me. Then I come on here and read about all the wonderful people like you reaching their goals and inspiring others to do the same. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work! Not only are you changing your own life, you've already inspired at least one more person to do the same.

Barb
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: guitarjg
Stats: 370/312.5/225
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 6/21/2011
Week 8 Weigh In

Good morning everyone. I haven't made an entry this week because I have been very busy at the gym, work and a class. I'm taking a class for the LSAT's as I'm trying to go to law school. I will sit down and give a recap of my week tonight, but here are my week 8 results.

Week 8 Weigh In - Down 4.5 lbs for a total of 46. Blood Pressure 142/88.

Start Date - 6/21/2011
Start Weight - 370lbs

Week 1 - 6/28/2011
Weight - 351.4
Week Loss - 18.6 lbs

Week 2- 7/5/2011
Weight 342.4
Week Loss - 9 lbs

Week 3 - 7/12/2011
Weight - 339
Week Loss - 3.4

Week 4 - 7/19/2011
Weight - 338.5
Week Loss - .5

Week 5 - 7/26/2011
Weight - 334.5
Week Loss - 4

Week 6 - 8/2/2011
Weight - 333
Week Loss - 1.5

Week 7 - 8/9/2011
Weight - 328.5
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 8 - 8/16/2011
Weight - 324
Week Loss - 4.5
Total Loss - 46
Third Goal - 275
Fourth Goal - 250
Final Goal - 225
guitarjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:40 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwired View Post
I love reading this journal, Jeff. I think most of us have many of the same up ups and downs at some point in this process. There have been times when this felt like a lonely battle for me. Then I come on here and read about all the wonderful people like you reaching their goals and inspiring others to do the same. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work! Not only are you changing your own life, you've already inspired at least one more person to do the same.

Barb

Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Week 9 Weigh In

Week 9 Weigh In - Down 0.5 lbs for a total of 46.5. Blood Pressure 138/88.

Start Date - 6/21/2011
Start Weight - 370lbs

Week 1 - 6/28/2011
Weight - 351.4
Week Loss - 18.6 lbs

Week 2- 7/5/2011
Weight 342.4
Week Loss - 9 lbs

Week 3 - 7/12/2011
Weight - 339
Week Loss - 3.4

Week 4 - 7/19/2011
Weight - 338.5
Week Loss - .5

Week 5 - 7/26/2011
Weight - 334.5
Week Loss - 4

Week 6 - 8/2/2011
Weight - 333
Week Loss - 1.5

Week 7 - 8/9/2011
Weight - 328.5
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 8 - 8/16/2011
Weight - 324
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 9 - 8/23/2011
Weight - 323.5
Week Loss - 0.5
Total Loss - 46.5
Old 08-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amayrial
Stats: 271/263/140
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/7/11
WOO HOO Jeff!!!
Amayrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Week 10 Weight In

Week 10 Weigh In - Down 2.5 lbs for a total of 49. BP 138/80

Start Date - 6/21/2011
Start Weight - 370lbs

Week 1 - 6/28/2011
Weight - 351.4
Week Loss - 18.6 lbs

Week 2- 7/5/2011
Weight 342.4
Week Loss - 9 lbs

Week 3 - 7/12/2011
Weight - 339
Week Loss - 3.4

Week 4 - 7/19/2011
Weight - 338.5
Week Loss - .5

Week 5 - 7/26/2011
Weight - 334.5
Week Loss - 4

Week 6 - 8/2/2011
Weight - 333
Week Loss - 1.5

Week 7 - 8/9/2011
Weight - 328.5
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 8 - 8/16/2011
Weight - 324
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 9 - 8/23/2011
Weight - 323.5
Week Loss - 0.5

Week 10 - 8/30/2011
Weight - 321
Week Loss - 2.5
Total Loss - 49
Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaC.NewJersey
Stats: 230/216/130
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 8/29/2011
Hi Jeff, I've just read your whole thread and its encouraging me. I just joined in Paramus yesterday morning. Low carb is very new to me since I do not eat meat or poultry. I have 100 lbs to lose although Dr. Bernstein told me it was closer to 112. I know it would be hard for me to get down to 118 lbs since i love weight training and can bulk up a bit. Can you tell me when you felt well enough to get back into the gym? I feel like crap today and don't have much energy plus I woke up with a migraine. I am going back on Thursday morning for more injections because I am going camping this weekend.

On a side note- have you gone to the fish market on pleasant ave. in Maywood? They have very fresh fish and will actually prepare your meal to go if you don't have time to cook at home. I went there a lot when I lived in Maywood.

Keep up the good work!
LisaC.NewJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyran1228
Stats: 39, 5'3", 265/248/160
Start Date: August 12, 2011/restart October 9, 2012
WTG, Jeff! Congratulations!
christyran1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC.NewJersey View Post
Hi Jeff, I've just read your whole thread and its encouraging me. I just joined in Paramus yesterday morning. Low carb is very new to me since I do not eat meat or poultry. I have 100 lbs to lose although Dr. Bernstein told me it was closer to 112. I know it would be hard for me to get down to 118 lbs since i love weight training and can bulk up a bit. Can you tell me when you felt well enough to get back into the gym? I feel like crap today and don't have much energy plus I woke up with a migraine. I am going back on Thursday morning for more injections because I am going camping this weekend.

On a side note- have you gone to the fish market on pleasant ave. in Maywood? They have very fresh fish and will actually prepare your meal to go if you don't have time to cook at home. I went there a lot when I lived in Maywood.

Keep up the good work!
Lisa, I'm glad this thread has encouraged you. It's always the great to hear that I was able to give back when others have given so much to me.

If you do not eat meat or poultry, what do you mainly eat? I read later you spoke of a fish market, so I take it you eat fish? I too have gotten into fish but I've never been to that market, I'll have to check it out. I've been going to Fairway in Paramus lately, they have some ok selections.

Stick with the goal you have in your head. Dr. Bernstein thinks I should weigh 210, but I lift weights and would be more than happy at 225. But also, don't disregard what he says. I'm so overweight at this point that at 225 I may honestly have to reevaluate. Maybe I can be 210, just as you might be able to hit 118 even with lifting weights.

You're asking when I felt well enough to go to the gym in terms of the physical sickness from the low carb correct? In that case, it lasted about 4 - 5 days. I had tried low carb on my own in the past and never made it past day 4 or 5 because of how bad I felt. HANG IN THERE! If you can make it into week 2, you'll be great. In some cases it lasts into week 2, but keep taking your supplements and getting your shots.

I signed up for Retro Fitness in Hackensack/River Edge. It's by GNC, Applebees, Riverside square mall. I got in with 1 dollar enrollment fee so it only costs 19.99 a month. I'd suggest starting in your 3rd week. In your second week, maybe go for some walks.

A very important lesson I learned!!! - Weight lifting will help you lose more fat / weight on this program than will cardio. My week 4 and 5 were practically 0lb losses because I was riding my bike for 10 miles and hiking Bear MT. for 3 hours. I overdid it way too much on the cardio.

I started a program called Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body challenge. I've been following that for 4 full weeks, starting my 5th week today. It's basically weight lifting 5 days a week and cardio 4 days a week. I know, sounds like a lot now, but I can't wait to work out. I've addicted now!

As soon as I dropped the cardio and switched to weights, I lost 4.5lbs two weeks in a row! My next week was .5, and now a 2.5. I'm also feeling and seeing changes in my body that I didn't think were possible in such a short time. For example, I've already lost 49lbs and 5.5 inches on my waist!

Pretty soon you'll feel better than you ever have. Low carb makes you not addicted to food. You can stop when you're full, get full faster, and most, if not all, the cravings go away. I couldn't even imagine putting sugar in my mouth now. It's like I'm a recovering alcoholic and if I have sugar I've relapsed! I just won't do it. I take 1 meal a week where I eat extra, but always protein. For example, I ate well all day today, but I had prime rib for dinner. I couldn't even finish half of it!

For a little bit more info about maybe helping you with supplements and exercise, do you mind me asking your age and situation. Like, do you have time? Any injuries etc?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyran1228 View Post
WTG, Jeff! Congratulations!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'll start from the beginning- I just turned 32 a month ago, single, no kids, living in Ramsey. I am 5'3" and hit my highest of 230 after i had my gallbladder out on 12/21/10 (emergency surgery). Since then, my quality of life has sucked! I have experienced digestive problems (although most doctors tell me that its not common- regardless, am going to see a G.I. very soon) and gained at least 15 pounds. I know at this point my body chemistry is changed and food affects me differently now. For instance- I can no longer eat butter. At all. I now have acid reflux. Can't drink alcohol unless is one serving or less (my stomach will be on fire). And that can only be once in a while. My joints also crack and pop like I'm a 30 yrs older than I really am.

Aside from that, I've been a lifelong migraine sufferer and was diagnosed with hypertension two years ago. My bp is now controlled with meds. I have no physical injuries or limitations, just too fat! I eat mostly fish, soy (including tofu), vegetables and fruits. The problem is with being an overeater and partially vegetarian, I ate way too many carbs. I prefer to buy my fish from a fish market or get sushi because it tends to be fresher than going to a grocery store. Most grocery stores will have less wild caught fish or everything will have been previously frozen.

In 2007, I started the South Beach diet- a modified version. That was when I gave up meat and poultry. I never really cooked it or ate it out very much anyway. I also started taking Alli (could this have contributed to my gallbladder exploding years later? possibly). I dropped 15 pounds and started at NYSC in westwood with a personal trainer twice a week. I was averaging 5-6 days in the gym. I lost within 8 months a total of 40 pounds. I started at 215 and was down to 175. But i lost so many inches that i looked like I lost probably 60. I hate cardio (still did it though). I love weights. I was also doing crazy floor exercises. I was able to actually start running and go for a few miles and NOT STOP. Its awesome when you have tons of energy, tons of strength and feel your body tightening up. My goal is to get back to that point and get rid of some of these health issues.

My weight loss and exercising stopped in mid-2008 because life got complicated. My personal life was stressing me out and my weight crept up slowly. I had been in a roller coaster of a long term relationship and over time had very little support for my physical fitness.

As for my goal, Dr. Bernstein made a funny comment that all the women who come in want to look just like the nutritionist- I told him that I want to look like me. Whatever that looks like at 130 or 118 or whatever. He seemed to approve of my attitude.

Because its day 3 and I'm on migraine #2, i am going to stop taking the fat burner pill. I've taken green tea pills in the past and they make my migraines blow up. This is similar. It is probably compounded by the fact that I am experiencing sugar withdrawal. I am going in tomorrow for another round of injections. Money is not a factor if it means I will be healthy. Since I'm supposed to be going camping this weekend, I will see how I feel by Friday (will be day 5).

As of today, I am struggling to walk the dog (and she HAS to be walked!). I am going to sign up for NYSC in Ramsey because at some point, I want to get another trainer. I will check out the program you mention. I got P90X three years ago and never did the program. My goal is to finally do that when I am more capable. At this point, I have all the time in the world to devote to my health and fitness.

Thanks for the pep talk- it definitely motivates me.
Lisa
Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Lisa, I work near Ramsey in Saddle River / Allendale. Single with no kids as well because of my low self esteem about being overweight. Our stories are very similar. I'm 6'2", 28, and reached 370 lbs after an emergency back surgery. I too had lost 100 lbs at NYSC in westwood lol. I lost the weight from 07 - 08 and due to stress in my work / personal life I gained it all back. Most of that body joint pain is from just being overweight. You may be more sensitive to foods, but I think as your overall health improves, things you didn't even know were weight related will get better.

Unlike you with migraines, I did suffer from chronic back pain and have been diagnosed with hypertension. Although I don't want to go on any meds yet as it's not at a critical level, around 138 - 142 over 75 - 82. If it was higher I'd consider meds. I too am a carb addict, but fortunately I love red meat and poultry. May I ask why you're a veggetarian? Health reasons or moral beliefs?

Like I said, I too was at NYSC during the time you were there. We probably ran into each other. Who was your personal trainer at the time? I worked out with Rachel, a long time personal friend of time. Went from 370 - 270 in about a year, but put it all back on like an idiot. I don't mind cardio, but I hated doing weights at the time. Now I love the weigh training and actually lose more weight when I do less cardio and weight train more. I can't wait to get to the gym and actually put it as a higher priority than everything else currently.

I'm at the gym 7 days a week now. lift/cardio, lift, cardio, lift, lift, cardio, lift/cardio - repeat.

I too gained all my weight back when my personal / work life went through turmoil. I had started a new job, lost a very close friend and just bit off way more than I could chew. I made the critical mistake of not going to the gym and doing P90X. P90X works, but, the atmosphere of the gym is more beneficial than I had realize. People there motivate you and you make good friends. I personally don't have a trainer anymore because I can do it on my own and have been, but I definately do not discourage you getting one again if you have the money.

Regarding the "Fat Burners", I don't think they do much anyway. If Green Tea affects your migraines, don't take it. Definately tell Dr. Berstein about it. He's a very nice and understanding professional and will be the first to tell you that half of the supplements out there are crap. The low carb is definately exacerbating your migraines, but it will level out in time, I promise you.

You may be struggling now just to walk the dog, as I struggled just to walk for 15 minutes, but very soon your body will remember that it was once in shape and that it can get back there very quickly. I'm already lifting as much, if not more, than I did when I was 270 and I'm in just about as good cardio shape as before. I'm currently 321, but feel like I'm ready at my goal.

As for looking like the nutritionist, well, you're right to just want to look like you. I sometimes wish I had the body of some of the guys as the gym or in magazines, but I have to remember that I don't even know what my body is capable of looking like. I just have to keep being fit and take it from there. Maybe I'll be more bulky, maybe leaner, maybe wider or flatter or whatever. The point is, I'm not Brad Pitt, I'm me.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

This is just getting weird now! I will admit I not only live in Ramsey, but I work there as well. Best commute I ever had! I know I'm more sensitive to some types of food, so I try to avoid stuff with extra additives, preservatives and nitrates. I gave up meat and poultry because I just didn't eat it at home (i lived alone, it was always wasted). I would eat it sometimes dining out, but they weren't my favorites anyway. I also gave it up because as a migraine sufferer, you never know how much hormones or drugs you are consuming when having red meat.Certain deli meats were not good for me either- of course the ones that I did like were the worst ones for me. When I was in much better shape, the migraines did decrease in frequency, but its been proven that exercise will do that.

I woke up this morning with a dull headache, no more migraine. I had more energy in the evening last night and went for a walk. Felt ok. I have been waking with less energy these past few days, I hope that will pass as well. My first weigh in is on Tuesday, so I hope they check my bp. I had to go on bp meds because it was out of control. I know that it was stress + poor health for me, but 149/100 is pretty bad.

Its really funny you were at NYSC too in WW. I was training with Joe Scarano (not sure if i spelled it correctly). He kicked my butt up and down. I was with him for almost a year but then he left and I couldn't find him after that. He was so great I would have changed gyms to work with him. He knew how to get me to do cardio with floor exercises, setting up obstacle courses and getting some beginner kickboxing in. I really hate cardio machines but still did them. My proudest accomplishment was getting on the step machine they had downstairs and being able to do that nonstop for 30 mins. It hurts like hell. What I didn't like about NYSC is that people were very standoffish. And there we no women working the weight area. Just the machines by the spinning room. So I felt like the guys would be waiting on me to finish with the weights and it make me very self concious. So once i was done with the trainer, i didn't have anyone to work out with nor did i know anyone at the gym.

So I went in this morning for my second round of shots. I told Dr. Bernstein about the migraines and that I stopped the app suppressants and the fat burner. He wasn't concerned and told me that they weren't crucial. He was really nice about it and then gave me a few names of doctors for my migraines.

So at this point, I am hoping to be fully headache free soon. It's only day 4 and now I know why people may quit the first few days. On the plus side, my skin is starting to look better than ever without sugar and because i've more than doubled my water intake! Hope you have a good day!

Last edited by LisaC.NewJersey; 09-01-2011 at 08:19 AM..
Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Week 11 Weigh In

Week 11 Weigh In - Up 2 lbs BP 127/73

Gained 2 lbs this week but I'm not beating myself up over it. I know I did the best I could and ate well all week. Didn't skip a single day at the gym. I'm not going to let the scale dictate my progress.

Start Date - 6/21/2011
Start Weight - 370lbs

Week 1 - 6/28/2011
Weight - 351.4
Week Loss - 18.6 lbs

Week 2- 7/5/2011
Weight 342.4
Week Loss - 9 lbs

Week 3 - 7/12/2011
Weight - 339
Week Loss - 3.4

Week 4 - 7/19/2011
Weight - 338.5
Week Loss - .5

Week 5 - 7/26/2011
Weight - 334.5
Week Loss - 4

Week 6 - 8/2/2011
Weight - 333
Week Loss - 1.5

Week 7 - 8/9/2011
Weight - 328.5
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 8 - 8/16/2011
Weight - 324
Week Loss - 4.5

Week 9 - 8/23/2011
Weight - 323.5
Week Loss - 0.5

Week 10 - 8/30/2011
Weight - 321
Week Loss - 2.5

Week 11 - 9/6/2011
Weight - 323
Week Gain - 2
Total Loss - 47
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hndfulprls
Stats: 285/262/225
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 31, 2011
Jeff very impressive. Your journey is truly inspiring, keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Hndfulprls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Back to week one rules to negate this 2 lb weight gain. I have been lifting a lot of weights and just started taking some creatine. Creatine is known to make you bloat a bit. Additionally, I had been eating a few extra hundred calories and I used my exercise to rationalize this. I've gone back to my 800 calories of protein and cutting out veggies / fruit for the week to kick start ketosis again.

The best part this time is, I still feel great and healthy and I'm not discouraged at all. This program has really put confidence in my ability to change. There will inadvertantly be stumbling blocks on the path to success and I welcome them! I have been at the gym 7 days a week for the past 5 1/2 weeks and feel great!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

So after a week with a 2lb weight gain, I go in for my weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm actually very excited. My scale at home says I've not only lost the 2lbs I've gained, but have gone beyond that. This would mean that the 2lb gain is negated and I'd have a solid loss for the past 2 weeks. I'm loading up on water, coffee and green tea today so as to allow a full flush of anything in my system.

I've been working out very hard and have even come to love going to the gym. Every workout I push myself hard and feel great afterwards. I've only pushed myself to exhaustion once or twice, and it just so happens that the program I'm following advises against that. The program is run by Lee Labrada who says that overtraining can slow results and cause you to recover poorly. Last night I felt like I had the flue because I pushed myself so hard. Luckily today is just cardio, so I'm going to take it easy.

The gym has been a great new source of friendship and camaraderie lately. Turns out, people at the gym are nice! Hell, they're all high on endorphins anyway. I've met a few nice people who go every day, like I do, and have shared their stories with me. There are some who were very skinny and have now gotten bigger. There are some who were very fat and are now in great shape. I look forward to going and seeing these people and making new friends. Not to mention, I actually love the way I feel when I know I've pushed myself hard and have gotten a good workout.

In terms of my eating habits, I've successfully lowered my calorie count by about 500 calories. I was slowley creeping up week by week. 800 of protein + 300 misc eventually turned into 1000 of protein and 500 of misc. That extrat 500 hidden in there is an extra 3500 calories a week, or 1 lb of fat. While I was still consistently losing, it had slowed a bit. I was justifying the increase because of the amount of exercise I was doing. But after the 2lb gain last week, I reenforced my eating habits and brought my calories back down.

One thing I think I'm doing wrong is over supplementing. I got kinda carried away at GNC. I take CLA, L-carnitine, creatine, pre workout drinks, intra workout drinks, post workout drinks.... Half of these probably do nothing and I'm just wasting my money. But hey, I could be splurging on mcdonalds and dominos pizza.

Anyhow, I hope to see a good weightloss tomorrow morning and continued success in the future. I'll have lost over 50lbs in 12 weeks, which is about double the speed as the last time I lost. Also, I'll be on Day 1 Week 7 of my 12 weeks training program, which is exactly half way through!!! I can't believe I've stuck to that this long and still can't wait to hit the gym! I'm very proud of myself for this.

Til tomorrow. If you have any questions, comments or conerns, please feel free to ask.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that I really like reading your thread/journal! Very inspiring so keep it up!
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Week 12 Weigh In - Down 5 2 lbs BP 118/73

So last week I had a gain of 2 lbs. After going back to a week 1 diet plan and continuing my exercise, I'm down 5. So I can either say it's a 5lb loss, or 2 1.5 lb losses. Either way, I'm down a total of 52 lbs.

Week 12 - 9/13/2011
Weight - 318
Week Loss - 5
Total Loss - 52
Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hndfulprls
Stats: 285/262/225
Start Date: August 31, 2011
Great job!
Hndfulprls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

That's awesome Jeff! Keep it up!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all for reading. I appreciate the comments and am always here to support you as well.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Jeff! Amazing. I am back to week one after 2 months of just not caring (due to loss of my Mom) 1st- she would be pissed 2nd- I just don't feel good. Plain and simple. I stayed up tonight reading ALL your posts. Have you connected with Lisa outside of this blog? just askin I look forward to reading about your success and plan to share mine.

Best,
Sue
sally1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Jeff, my DH also LOVES going to the gym and really pushing himself. Guys seem to encourage each other more than women do. I see many of the same people/women there day after day, and no one except the guys speaks to each other.

I am changing my stategy, (just because I've gotten a little bored with my routine of mainly running) then MAYBE doing a few weights. Now I'll do that one day then do just weights the next. Having DH work with me is like having a personal trainer, so I might as well take advantage of his knowledge The other day a guy stopped him and asked him how much $$$ he charges.....DH wasn't sure what he was asking.....the guy thought he WAS a trainer and was interested in hiring him!

Maybe someday I'll LOVE going to the gym too.......guess I can hope!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jeff! Hope all is well.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Was it something I said?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1 View Post
Was it something I said?
No not at all! I'm so sorry I haven't responded. I've been reading all your posts and I'm glad you're reading this thread.

If I don't respond it's because I work a lot and have very little time to contribute. When I do write i know that it will be a long and in depth post / response, so sometime I think about coming here and then I remember that I'm going to be writing for a good 10 - 15 minutes and I put it off.

Speaking of which, here is an update on what I've been doing.

So 2 1/2 months and 50 lbs ago, I went to Bear Mt. in NY state to hike. I decided to climb to the peak of the mountain, which is about 1300 feet. So being the stubborn person I am, I do not choose to go up the easy man made trail made with stairs, gravel and winding paths for ease, I decide to go up the 870 foot (in length) climb, of 1300 feet. Needless to say, I was winded every 10 - 15 steps and had to stop to rest. Running out of light, I didn't make it to the top and felt completely exhausted by the time I got back to my car.

2 1/2 months later, and having been to the gym just about every day for the past 7 weeks, I decided to reattempt the climb. Well, I felt great and only had to stop 2 or 3 times. Granted, the climb was very difficult, my heart rate was through the roof and my legs were on fire. But when I reached the peak and looked out over the mountains, I felt ellated, euphoric and proud. This is what we call a non-scale victory. I made it to the top and not only had a lot of energy left, I was thoroughly enjoying myself.

I took the easy way down, which was still a bit of a challenge. I upped my pace so that I would still have my heart rate up. By the time I got back to my car I felt on top of the world. I was only scheduled to do 30 minutes of cardio that day with a leg workout to follow tonight, but my legs are extremely sore so I'm going to guiltlessly take the night off. I feel I've already worked out my legs and will enjoy tonight to rest and recover.

Again though Sally, I know that somtimes i write on a board and the person doesn't respond, I get upset and think I've done something wrong too. I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I think as overweight people, we are naturally more insecure and always have it in the back of our mind that we're not wanted. It's a sad truth but I suffer from the same insecurities. Know that I am with you in the regard and you can feel safe to comment her as much as you want and know that the only reason I may have not written back is due to my own laziness and not you.

Going in for my week 13 weigh in tomorrow and I hope to see some great results.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks for the update. I knoe you're busy...
Old 09-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Week 13 Weigh In - Down 1.5 lbs

Week 13 - 9/20/2011
Weight - 316.5
Week Loss - 1.5
Total Loss - 53.5
Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Very impressed with your postings and weightloss! I am only on the program a month still trying to make sure I am doing everything right but confused by the diffrences in clinics and postings. I do feel great and am happy with the program! Good Luck!
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote