Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tuesdaygirl
Stats: 5'10" - 216/169/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: 5/2/2011
Going rogue

I have completed 6 weeks with my clinic, but have never felt that the staff is providing me anything beyond the initial information, and weigh-in/accountability. Which, obviously is worth something, as I have lost 27 lbs! But, I don't take the phen, I am at the point where I am using all outside purchased supplements (with approval), and am not getting any additional information, even when I request it. They are all very nice, but with both my husband and I doing the program, $600/month for a friendly weekly weigh-in is a bit insane. We have three small kids and this is a lot of money that has been worth it so far but has made our budget very tight. I have gotten more help with meals and support here and this is free.

So - How many of you are doing the medi plan on your own? Did you feel like you lost momentum or regressed without the accountability? Did you continue towards and meet your goal? How did you handle the transition to maintenance without support? Have you maintained your goal?

Basically, just looking for some input and advice. I do not want to quit, I do not plan to quit. I haven't cheated even once in 6 weeks! I have more weight to lose and I have not lost motivation. But, I am feeling like we've gotten off to a great start and can continue on our own now. Your thoughts? Thanks!
tuesdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
I have completed 6 weeks with my clinic, but have never felt that the staff is providing me anything beyond the initial information, and weigh-in/accountability. Which, obviously is worth something, as I have lost 27 lbs! But, I don't take the phen, I am at the point where I am using all outside purchased supplements (with approval), and am not getting any additional information, even when I request it. They are all very nice, but with both my husband and I doing the program, $600/month for a friendly weekly weigh-in is a bit insane. We have three small kids and this is a lot of money that has been worth it so far but has made our budget very tight. I have gotten more help with meals and support here and this is free.

So - How many of you are doing the medi plan on your own? Did you feel like you lost momentum or regressed without the accountability? Did you continue towards and meet your goal? How did you handle the transition to maintenance without support? Have you maintained your goal?

Basically, just looking for some input and advice. I do not want to quit, I do not plan to quit. I haven't cheated even once in 6 weeks! I have more weight to lose and I have not lost motivation. But, I am feeling like we've gotten off to a great start and can continue on our own now. Your thoughts? Thanks!
DH and I are on own own as well (since the end of December). It's all due to financial reasons for us (DH lost his job/insurance a yr ago) I'd LOVE to still have the AS and Fat Burners, but we're doing OK without them. DH had gotten to a point where he had lost over 90 pounds and wasn't really following the program anyway. NOW he'd like to lose more (we've BOTH maintained our loss) but can't really get back to following the program (he snacks too freely on almonds, for one thing then blames "the program"). I've dropped a few more pounds on my own but get stuck at plateaus more than I used to (and that seemed like it was a lot), BUT as of today I'm back to REALLY WEIGHING and MEASURING then recording everything that goes into my mouth! I think that will help! I'd still like to drop another 20 pounds.
I think it's do-able on your own....we don't have a choice. Just be honest and don't get lazy with the weighing and measuring like I did!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SurpriseMe
Week 1/Day 3 - Medi-Weightloss

Hello, Everyone!!

I bought a Groupon for the Medi clinic near me in the west valley last week. Called right away and had my initial appointment on Friday.

I was on a Low Carb Diet before starting Medi and had lost 10lbs, but had plateaued, so I am hoping this is the boost I need!!

After, I got the shots on Friday I was so TIRED!! I am still having waves of exhaustion, but am hoping these will subside by week 3.

My weight beginning was 163 when I started and my goal is 135....

My ketones are Moderate to Heavy already, but this is due to the LCD before. Wish me luck!
SurpriseMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T8M View Post
DH and I are on own own as well (since the end of December). It's all due to financial reasons for us (DH lost his job/insurance a yr ago) I'd LOVE to still have the AS and Fat Burners, but we're doing OK without them. DH had gotten to a point where he had lost over 90 pounds and wasn't really following the program anyway. NOW he'd like to lose more (we've BOTH maintained our loss) but can't really get back to following the program (he snacks too freely on almonds, for one thing then blames "the program"). I've dropped a few more pounds on my own but get stuck at plateaus more than I used to (and that seemed like it was a lot), BUT as of today I'm back to REALLY WEIGHING and MEASURING then recording everything that goes into my mouth! I think that will help! I'd still like to drop another 20 pounds.
I think it's do-able on your own....we don't have a choice. Just be honest and don't get lazy with the weighing and measuring like I did!
Thanks for the input! It is somewhat financial for us, but mostly feeling like we are paying a lot for not much at all. I could weigh in at WW for a whole lot less. Ideally, I would continue on in acute on my own, and go back for some direction/support when I reach my goal, but I am not sure if that is doable. But I am just having a real hard time paying a large weekly fee for basically just a weigh-in.

Anyone else? I skipped my appt this morning, so needing some reassurance that I am not making a huge mistake!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Tuesdaygirl,

I know exactly how you feel. I have not been to my client in 2 weeks and if I don't go this friday it will be 3. I'm feeling like you that 80 dollars is a lot for what I'm getting. The only problem for me is that I'm not focused right now so I'm not sure if that is the reason that I have not losed anything or do I really need the clinic for accountability. It's a tough decision but it's also an individual one. I'm sure that I need to go back but I need to get my head back in the right place before I do that.

Good luck on whatever decision you make and we are here for you when you need us.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I've been grappling with the same issue. I stopped going because I didn't take the AS and just couldn't justify the money to step on a scale and not much else. I haven't been in for a couple of months but I've been following the program carefully for the last week and decided to go back tomorrow for a weigh-in. I'm only going to go every other week, but hopefully it will be the push I need to get me moving again. Maybe you could try going every other week and see if that works for you.
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 01.14.11
I started going every other week in April. I hit a plateau for a couple of months (hovered a pound or two above or below 160 from March - May) and was tired of spending that much every week and not seeing the scale move. (I randomly had the actual doctor consult with me during a visit in the middle of May and she told me to go off of the diet for the weekend. That started the loss again.)

I have stopped taking the AS at lunch in order to stretch it out over the entire two weeks. If I am not exercising after dinner I don't take it with my third meal since I won't need the energy boost.

So far so good. I haven't been super-hungry with the self-weaning. Good luck! I think it's doable with a little strategy.
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
I've been going every other week too. I only take 2 AS a day so I've stock piled so many that I could do it. $70 for a weigh in was getting crazy. I wish they would have a reduced price for folks who just want to come in and weigh in and get a shot.
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
I'm in the same boat as all of you. Initially I did well with the program, and got to within 10 pounds of my goal. My family doc prescribed AS for me and they are a nominal part of the overhead of which the fees are determined, in my opinion. I thought the weekly visits would be more motivating but I get more support here. I have been doing alot of research and reading both on this site and elsewhere about the high protein. I tried to finish week 1 again to jumpstart and couldn't do it. I lost nothing after a few days unlike my success after round 1. The next day I was frustrated and just made healthy choices without obsessing about each bite. I woke up the following day and lost 3 pounds!! I feel like there is a unique 'recipe' or 'balance' that puts me in losing mode. I wish I can fine tune it though.
Best of luck to all and I lurk here daily but don't always post....lol.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Just as an update, I just completed a week without the clinic - I cancelled my appt last monday, and would have had another today. I stayed on program, and lost 3 lbs - which I consider huge since we had guests from out of town so we ate out quite a bit, and I didn't get a chance to exercise all week! So, I am going to continue on my own for now, knowing that I can turn back if I feel that I need to.

Best wishes to all of you and thanks for the comments and support!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jococook
WOE: MediWeight Loss
Start Date: 5/24/2011
I haven't felt bad since week 1, so don't lose hope! Good luck - my goal is 135 as well. I'm at 147-something now.
jococook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
Just as an update, I just completed a week without the clinic - I cancelled my appt last monday, and would have had another today. I stayed on program, and lost 3 lbs - which I consider huge since we had guests from out of town so we ate out quite a bit, and I didn't get a chance to exercise all week! So, I am going to continue on my own for now, knowing that I can turn back if I feel that I need to.

Best wishes to all of you and thanks for the comments and support!
You can do it!! I did it all on my own because I could not take the meds because of high blood pressure. This board kept me going. Stay focused.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote