Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suchissteph
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/2011 restart 2/26/13
FL folks: Having to get AS at pharmacy starting 7/1

Did anyone else have to sign that form stating they'd received notice of Rick Scott's bill that will not allow our Clinics to dispense the AS. What a pain in the ___!
They are going to still only dispense enough for 7 days. It's such an inconvenience.
BOO! Our clinics are being penalized with this new law.
suchissteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: secret_smile85
Stats: 184/176/110
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: May 2011/RS April 2012
No, I haven't. My clinic hasn't even mentioned that. Gah I'm so sick of Rick Scott. I hope thats not fully true. They better decrease our appointment fees if we have to go pay for it at a pharmacy.
secret_smile85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eastbruce
Stats: 202/187/120
WOE: JUDDD,Low Carb, High Fat
I don't care for Rick Scott either - he seems to concentrate on his personal agenda instead of things that we Floridians see as important.
What is AS?
eastbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suthrn grl
Stats: 170.8/139/140 (Made goal 6-25-11)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbruce View Post
I don't care for Rick Scott either - he seems to concentrate on his personal agenda instead of things that we Floridians see as important.
What is AS?
Appetite suppressant. They normally give them to you at the clinic.
suthrn grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

AS

Okay when I went to the clinic on Friday they changed me from the phendametrizine to the phentermine because only the phendametrizine is covered under the law for the AS they offer. Maybe ask about the phentermine. I wasn't sure it would work because the first day on it was awful, but by day 3 on it I am having less cravings then ever and am having a VERY hard time even making it to my 500
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jodi A
Stats: 174/155/135
Start Date: 3/29/2011; 8/11/2013 trying again with no Splenda
What! That is rediculous. So we have to go to a pharmacy every week now? I didn't go to my weekly appointment today because I am trying to do every other week now so I haven't heard this. What is the point of this? It is being dispensed by a licensed physician so why does it matter???
Jodi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Well I had posted the other day about how the switch to phentermine was working and I know feel the need to re-update. The dr's are taking me off. I went from being fine and functioning fine to full depression. I don't want to eat, I don't want to go out, I really just don't want to do anything, and in the past week I can't even say I have a total of 8 hours of sleep combined. The dr is having me stop immediatly and gave me her cell number in case i needed her night or day. Gosh I wish I hadn't had to switch from the phendametrizine. I'd been on that almost a month with no problems and less then a week into switching to the phentermine I'm having major problems If your clinic offers you the option to stay on the phendimetrazine by going to a pharmacy to get it stick to that one.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret_smile85 View Post
Well I had posted the other day about how the switch to phentermine was working and I know feel the need to re-update. The dr's are taking me off. I went from being fine and functioning fine to full depression. I don't want to eat, I don't want to go out, I really just don't want to do anything, and in the past week I can't even say I have a total of 8 hours of sleep combined. The dr is having me stop immediatly and gave me her cell number in case i needed her night or day. Gosh I wish I hadn't had to switch from the phendametrizine. I'd been on that almost a month with no problems and less then a week into switching to the phentermine I'm having major problems If your clinic offers you the option to stay on the phendimetrazine by going to a pharmacy to get it stick to that one.
ughhh! So sorry to hear that! I counted my pills last night after I read this and I think I have enough to get me through Maintenance. Not sure what they wean you down to but I know they also change it to Stay Slim. I'll definately add my next week's dose to the stock pile. I hate that you had to switch. Hopefully going back will solve the problem.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sacha
Stats: 5'6" 184/152/145
Start Date: 01.14.11
I made my first pharmacy stop yesterday. It wasn't too bad. There was information not listed on the card Medi gave me so the pharmacist had to call, but that only took a minute.

My clinic told me that starting July 1 the multi-vitamin will no longer be included in the package. It will be an additional $15. I'm glad I ran out this week so mine were still "free" for now! LOL!
Sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
I made my first pharmacy stop yesterday. It wasn't too bad. There was information not listed on the card Medi gave me so the pharmacist had to call, but that only took a minute.

My clinic told me that starting July 1 the multi-vitamin will no longer be included in the package. It will be an additional $15. I'm glad I ran out this week so mine were still "free" for now! LOL!
I've always had to pay the $15 for my multi-vitamin.

How much did they charge you for the office visit when they didn't give you the AS? Is it still $70 plus the pharmacy fee for the drug?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi A View Post
I've always had to pay the $15 for my multi-vitamin.

How much did they charge you for the office visit when they didn't give you the AS? Is it still $70 plus the pharmacy fee for the drug?
The office visit was still $70. They gave me a card to present to the pharmacy so that the cost would be billed back to the Medi clinic. I didn't have to pay anything at CVS.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The office visit was still $70. They gave me a card to present to the pharmacy so that the cost would be billed back to the Medi clinic. I didn't have to pay anything at CVS.
Ahhhh, very nice!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amayrial
Stats: 271/263/140
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/7/11
it's a pain to go to the pharmacy though. I've had to go from pharmacy to pharmacy looking for one that 1. carries it, or 2. would accept the card. ( I actually had a cvs decline to take it). It would *almost* be easier to just get the script from my GP.
Amayrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

This past week I went for round two at the pharmacy. There was a sign that said, "The pharmacist is at lunch and is expected back within 30 minutes" (or something to that effect.) When I handed the assistant the prescription, she told me that the pharmacist was on lunch and asked if I planned on waiting. I had another appointment to get to so I asked her how much longer it would be before the pharmacist returned, thinking 15 minutes or so. "40, 45 minutes," was the reply. REALLY? Maybe the sign should not be used. Just a little misleading.

What a pain!

I dropped it off anyway and picked it up a few days later. This type of inconvenience could get old, especially if one goes to weigh-in at the same time each week and then plans to get the script filled.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amayrial View Post
it's a pain to go to the pharmacy though. I've had to go from pharmacy to pharmacy looking for one that 1. carries it, or 2. would accept the card. ( I actually had a cvs decline to take it). It would *almost* be easier to just get the script from my GP.
Amayrial - Which clinic do you go to? The CVS by the Dr. Phillips location fills the prescription, at their convenience...
Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
This past week I went for round two at the pharmacy. There was a sign that said, "The pharmacist is at lunch and is expected back within 30 minutes" (or something to that effect.) When I handed the assistant the prescription, she told me that the pharmacist was on lunch and asked if I planned on waiting. I had another appointment to get to so I asked her how much longer it would be before the pharmacist returned, thinking 15 minutes or so. "40, 45 minutes," was the reply. REALLY? Maybe the sign should not be used. Just a little misleading.

What a pain!

I dropped it off anyway and picked it up a few days later. This type of inconvenience could get old, especially if one goes to weigh-in at the same time each week and then plans to get the script filled.
I'd voice my concern AT your clinic and ask if they have suggestions......maybe they would call the RX in for you so you wouldn't have to make extra trips......OR maybe they have made arrangements with another pharmacy (it sounds like the Dr. Phillips location did just that). Your center doesn't want to lose your business, and you can bet that if you're having problems with this, so are other of their clients (I'd point THAT out as well) IF they haven't addressed this problem, they will more than likely NEED to before long!

Mary T8M (Tatem)

New member of the 80 pounds gone club

Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you're right!
Henry Ford
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I think I really lucked out by hitting Maintenance days before July 1st. I feel so bad that you guys have to take time to go out and get these prescriptions filled!!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Unfortunately, the clinic would not be able to call in a prescription for the phendimetrazine since it is a Schedule II medication, the clinic has to write out a hard copy prescription to give to the pharmacy. Doctors can only call in a 72 hour emergency supply to a pharmacist in which they then have to mail a script to the pharmacy to cover the emergency fill. I'm a pharmacist and believe me, this new law is no fun for us, but unfortunately a neccesity considering all the abuse with controlled substances in Florida thanks to pill mills!
YankeeMom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

My clinic refuses to right rx's for it and will just swap you to the other one, and if you have problems with it like I did they put you on the "natural" one stay slim which doesn't work worth beans. I wonder why some clinics are giving rxs for it and some are just shrugging their shoulders saying "oh well".
Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amayrial
Stats: 271/263/140
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/7/11
Quote:
Amayrial - Which clinic do you go to? The CVS by the Dr. Phillips location fills the prescription, at their convenience...
I do go to Dr Phillips, but at 7am, before the pharmacy opens.
Amayrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suchissteph
Start Date: 5/5/2011 restart 2/26/13
I went to CVS pharmacy and they filled the rx with no problems. Of course, it was inconvenient for me to have to drive there after the kids went to bed, wait for it, and come home.
suchissteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crissyq
Stats: 220/188/165
WOE: MediWeightloss/Transformations
Prescription for Phendimetrizine :)

I just got so fed up with weekly pill fees that I went to my doctor and got a phendimetrizine prescription. Worked out better and cheaper anyway because with my insurance its was only 10 dollars at Walgreens for a months supply (90pills). Without insurance its 30 bucks at Walgreens, and 32 bucks at Target. Either way its a lot less cheaper that the weightloss clinic weekly fee. Now I dont pay a fee at all. I just go in every week to do blood pressure and weigh-in. And now I'll have to see my regular doc once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchissteph View Post
Did anyone else have to sign that form stating they'd received notice of Rick Scott's bill that will not allow our Clinics to dispense the AS. What a pain in the ___!
They are going to still only dispense enough for 7 days. It's such an inconvenience.
BOO! Our clinics are being penalized with this new law.
crissyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Interesting thread. I've never received the pills from the clinic. They did, however, call the script in and all I did was drive a block down the road from the clinic and pick it up. They had a deal with a small pharmacy and I had no paperwork, no cost, no anything. Just gave them my name and never got out of the car!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: crissyq
Stats: 220/188/165
WOE: MediWeightloss/Transformations
Wow!!! I didnt even know Fort Worth had those clinics. I lived in North Richland Hills and never heard a thing about them. I live in Orlando now and billboards are up about weightloss clinics everywhere. Maybe because of all the water parks and beaches nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
Interesting thread. I've never received the pills from the clinic. They did, however, call the script in and all I did was drive a block down the road from the clinic and pick it up. They had a deal with a small pharmacy and I had no paperwork, no cost, no anything. Just gave them my name and never got out of the car!
crissyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:22 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
We have 2 now!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote