Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Day 5 and getting a little discouraged... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/723938-day-5-getting-little-discouraged.html)

Maggie's Mom 06-05-2011 08:22 PM

Day 5 and getting a little discouraged...

Hello All!:hiya:

I am new on here, and new to medi myself. I just have a quick question for you all (as I see that this is a VERY helpful website)...

I am on my 5th day of medi, eating 500 cal per day, 100 of which are cheese. Anyways, I have been in ketosis for about 3 days now, and I cannot get over feeling HORRIBLE....The mornings are the worst, I just feel so fatigued and jittery, but once I get up and get some fluid in me (and my medi meds) I begin to feel a little bit better. I just can't get over feeling like garbage!!

Have any of you experienced this during your first week(s) of the MWL diet?

Thanks a bunch for your time,
Maggie's Mom

reebs 06-05-2011 10:22 PM

Yes I felt horrible the first few days. Tired bad headaches and ready to give up. This seems to be common though. My clinic suggested eating more protein drinking electrolytes (vitamin water zero). I have also heard to try some low sodium broth. Don't give up you have come this far and the results will be worth it. Good luck

Jodi A 06-06-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reebs (Post 14712950)
Yes I felt horrible the first few days. Tired bad headaches and ready to give up. This seems to be common though. My clinic suggested eating more protein drinking electrolytes (vitamin water zero). I have also heard to try some low sodium broth. Don't give up you have come this far and the results will be worth it. Good luck

This is excellent advice. I felt sluggish the first week but the electrolytes and chicken broth helped. Plus more water. I am in week 10 and I don't have any of those symptoms anymore. I haven't since week 3. Don't give up!!

jennifer_goins 06-07-2011 08:55 AM

I am in my third week, and can't believe I got through my first week! DON'T QUIT!!!~~~ It's all worth it! Just think, you'll see the results in a day or so!!!!

suchissteph 06-07-2011 09:17 AM

You should be done with your first week today, no? Here's to vegetables! ;)

Mary T8M 06-07-2011 10:42 AM

I still felt pretty weak, and light headed past week one.......then I read about the chicken broth, and that really helped. Be sure you're getting all of your water, and taking your vitamins, as well as the powerade zero

barbwired 06-07-2011 06:59 PM

It gets better so hang in there. The powerade really seemed to help for me and extra rest when I felt wiped out. When this week is over you'll be so excited to have some salad, next week will seem much easier!

Maggie's Mom 06-08-2011 09:46 PM

I am happy to say that I weighed in yesterday and I have lost 8.6 lbs!!!

Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and the tips. I made the medi "egg drop soup" for dinner a few nights ago, and the chicken broth really did seem to help me. I am also now drinking 32 oz of powerade zero each day, which also seems to help!

I never thought that I would be so excited about eating veggies in my life!! Yay for week 2!!:clap:

suchissteph 06-09-2011 09:06 PM

Way to go, Maggie's Mom! The powerade helped me too. I didn't need it as much when I started the veggies. Thank god for veggies, eh?! ;)