Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tuesdaygirl
Stats: 5'10" - 216/169/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: 5/2/2011
fat burner alternatives?

Now that I have used up my first months supply of supplements, I am substituting my own calcium and fish oil from costco (with clinic approval) but am wondering if there is an acceptable, more affordable substitute for the medi fat burner.

They claim not at my clinic (it is a special formula, etc.) but at $25 for a 30 day supply and both DH and I on medi, I would love a cheaper yet relatively equal alternative.

Also, do you feel that it is even necessary? Did you notice a change if you stopped taking it? I am committed in all ways, including financially, to making this work, but am also trying to cut costs where possible!

Thanks!
tuesdaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
Now that I have used up my first months supply of supplements, I am substituting my own calcium and fish oil from costco (with clinic approval) but am wondering if there is an acceptable, more affordable substitute for the medi fat burner.

They claim not at my clinic (it is a special formula, etc.) but at $25 for a 30 day supply and both DH and I on medi, I would love a cheaper yet relatively equal alternative.

Also, do you feel that it is even necessary? Did you notice a change if you stopped taking it? I am committed in all ways, including financially, to making this work, but am also trying to cut costs where possible!

Thanks!
I hope you come up with one. I'm interested in hearing also
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennifer_goins
Stats: 201.2/183.0/160
Start Date: 5/17/11
Any luck on finding alternative fat burners??? I am going to need more next week--- and would love to save $$$ if at all possible!
jennifer_goins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I am going to ask about the Costco Green Tea Fat burner next week when I have my weekly appointment. I know that they are not really going to endorse a product other than their own, but they gave me the go ahead to substitute other products (calcium, fish oil, colon cleanser) so I can at least ask. It is $15.49 for 200 capsules, take 2 in the am, 1-2 in the afternoon.

FYI - Costco Green Tea fat burner - Green Tea extract (50% EGCG)(leaf) 400 mg, Natural Caffeine 160 mg, Essential Vitality Blend [Maté (Yerba Maté) Powder (leaf), Bladderwrack Powder, Trimethylglycine (TMG), Cayenne Extract (40,000 HU)(Fruit), Eleuthero Extract (0.8% Eleutherosides)(Root), Ginger Extract (5% Gingerols)(Root), Gotu Kola Powder (Aerial), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Powder (Root)] 160mg. Other Ingredients: Soy Bean Oil, Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water, Beeswax, Soy Lecithin, Titanium Dioxide and Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin.

Last edited by tuesdaygirl; 06-07-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
I'm comparing my MEDI fat burner to the Mega-T's Green Tea Dietary Supplement that I think I got from Target or Walgreen's.

Mega-T has more caffeine, per pill, but it's intended dose is one tablet twice a day, vs. MEDI's is one pill 3 times a day. I think I will try taking one MEDI in the morning, and then one Mega-T around noon and then no more fat burners for the day.

To be honest, I think a lot of what I like about MEDI is that I have a regimented plan of exactly what to eat, exactly when, and I don't get stressed over deciding what would be "good" or "bad" to eat next. I struggle with binge/purge and I originally joined MEDI to stop a terrible spiral. It worked. The taking of the pills at certain times is good for my brain "look! we're being serious about this! we have pills to take and it's like medicine!" - any beneficial effect on my body is an added plus.

Jillo's personal TMI for the day:
MEDI's supplements do not make me vomit if I take them on an empty stomach (or a stomach with only 100 calories worth of chicken in there). Because of this, I believe that they are high quality.
Jillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
What colon cleanser do you get at costco? I am going to be out tomorrow and I would love to save some money too. Do you also get your omega 3 at costco too? Sorry if I missed this info in any other post.

Thanks,
Stephany
think-skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mary T8M
Stats: 5'2" 228/144/125 good-bye 150's
WOE: LC/LF/LCal (medi)
Start Date: 4/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by think-skinny View Post
What colon cleanser do you get at costco? I am going to be out tomorrow and I would love to save some money too. Do you also get your omega 3 at costco too? Sorry if I missed this info in any other post.

Thanks,
Stephany
While at Costco, compare the ingredients of the colon cleanse product, and see IF they are basically Magnesium THEN compare the cost of it and magnesium supplements. Magnesium is what MOST "things of this nature" :blush: are.....at least for the most part, they may have some other added ingredient, but the main part is usually magnesium. I know we had a whole thread about this very thing a while back. Magnesium is CHEAP
Mary T8M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillo View Post

Jillo's personal TMI for the day:
MEDI's supplements do not make me vomit if I take them on an empty stomach (or a stomach with only 100 calories worth of chicken in there). Because of this, I believe that they are high quality.
I had the same results and I ALWAYS get sick on vitamins. Now that I'm in maintenance and don't buy the medi vitamins, I can only eat chewable gummies! lol I just took a Mega green tea and I'm so nauseated.
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

I've been using non-medi products for almost a month now, while otherwise following the program and have continued to lose weight. (Calcium, Omega 3, multivitamin and fat burner from Costco, plus Grandma's Herbs colon cleanser.) I don't take the phendimetrazine anymore.

I'm sure that the medi brand supplements are essential to their business plan, but I can't imagine that they are so unique that switching out for more cost effective versions makes any more than a very slight difference. It's really been a non-issue for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kbwillia
Hi Tuesdaygirl,
I'm new to the forum, but would love to save some money on supplements. What fat burner from Costco do you use? Do you feel it works as well as the Fat Burner from the clinic?
kbwillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

I am using the Green Tea Fat Burner from Costco, and I am happy with it!
Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Ok I borrowed a friends card and went in and bought these fat burners. I don't know about burning fat but with me, since I started taking them, I don't seem to be as hungry! Can't say for sure why but I'll take it. I'm taking 2 in the am and 2 at night like the bottle recommends.
losing in Ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rvarner10
Stats: 314/234/180
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: Sept 8,2010
In Orlando we have china town with a lot of traditional Chinesemedicine store or apothecary where you can get the natural medicine for the colon cleanse and the fat burner. Or try a health store, not GNC, but where they sell natural herbs.
Bob
Rvarner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I got prenatal gummies and they are prefect for taking on an empty stomach, even if they are too sweet for my tastes now.

I never thought I'd ever say that.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ncgamedog
I have lost weight in the past using the medi-weightloss plan. I ended up gaining it back by running out of money and forgoing the maintenance phase.

My GF and I have decided to try the diet again on our own to save money. We have been on the diet for about 2 weeks now. We are taking a multivitamin, calcium pill, and Mega-T Fat burner from Wal-mart. I remember taking the medi fat burner 3 times a day vs the recommended 2x/day for the Mega-T. It seems like the weightloss is moving slower this time, despite our strict adherence to the diet.

Should I try taking a third fat burner daily or would this be unsafe?
I have not figured out a way to reproduce the injections, would taking an additional Vitamin D supplement help? Thanks for the input!
ncgamedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: city-gal
Stats: 251/233/140
Start Date: 8/20/2011
Hello Everyone
Interesting topic~ I hate pills and meds and usuaully they dont do well with me either. I still gag every time I take the fat burner pills they are like horse pills. I asked at my clinic today and they of course encouraged me to stay on everything....

I have been looking for a calicum supplement. I dont take the colon cleaners maybe once a week. I am taking the phendimetrazine I definately dont want to stay on it forever. @Tuesdaygirl did you notice anything when you went off of them? I did find a calicum supplement at Whole foods that is a fiz that you add to water I bought a few to try. I just dont want more pills.

@jillo what prenatal vitimins do you take? I am also looking for something chewable.

@ncgamedog I would not take a third one if it says twice a day take it only twice. Stay safe slow is not bad it may help you keep it off in the long run. A vitamin D supplement probably wouldnt hurt at least it will help with energy. Good luck!
city-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I take VitalFusion brand PreNatal Gummy Vitamins I got at Target.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

I think that the phendimetrazine was a great help during the first few weeks, but once my body was used to the low-carb/low calories I was able to stop taking them without noticing an increase in hunger. Maybe I never needed them, who knows. I don't miss them at all. I have been doing all my own supplements for almost three months now and am continuing to lose weight and feel great. Don't be afraid to go out on your own!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
I am using the Green Tea Fat Burner from Costco, and I am happy with it!
on sale @ BJ's for $12.99
schleprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mare :)
Stats: 186/148/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Center
Start Date: January 1 2012
i love cheaper yet effective alternatives!!

I replace everything but the fat burners with products from GNC and I am doing fine. (although have hit a plateau recently! )

Are the Green Tea pills working for you that are using? Can you tell really either way?

As far as Colon Cleanse goes....I thought Medi's didnt work very well....for me. I have since the beginning of program, Jan 2012, used SMOOTH MOVE TEA. Its great. Very reliable. Have a cup in the pm before bed, and about an hour after you get up in the am....a smoooooth moooove...LOL TMI prolly but its true!!! Great product!!!

Also the shakes....GNC has a Wheybolic shake mix that is less calories then medi and less cholesterol. Works great and as a bonus tastes great!!!
Mare :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

@ tuesdays girl...I sure miss the phendimetrizine!!!!! I was devastated when the took me off!!! I really don't need them though anymore for sure. It was just nice with the crazy energy they gave me!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schleprock
Stats: 319/261/219
Start Date: February 28 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare :) View Post
I replace everything but the fat burners with products from GNC and I am doing fine. (although have hit a plateau recently! )

Are the Green Tea pills working for you that are using? Can you tell really either way?

As far as Colon Cleanse goes....I thought Medi's didnt work very well....for me. I have since the beginning of program, Jan 2012, used SMOOTH MOVE TEA. Its great. Very reliable. Have a cup in the pm before bed, and about an hour after you get up in the am....a smoooooth moooove...LOL TMI prolly but its true!!! Great product!!!

Also the shakes....GNC has a Wheybolic shake mix that is less calories then medi and less cholesterol. Works great and as a bonus tastes great!!!
I am having great results with this fat burner
Nutrishop has the best protein I have found and for a cleanser Oxycleanse is the best
schleprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
I am having great results with this fat burner
Nutrishop has the best protein I have found and for a cleanser Oxycleanse is the best
will be trying the green tea pills asap!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Graybird76
Stats: 220.8/190/150
Start Date: 5/15/12
So the only thing Medi that I take is the multi Vitamin oh and the B12 injection. I got Omega 3, calcium, and a b complex from Costco. Just today I bought the Green Tea fat burner from Costco. I can not afford their supplements and the weekly visit. I told my clinic I was going to buy them elsewhere and they said fine. I drink Designer Whey protein shakes and they actually told me it was better than theirs.
Graybird76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgamedog View Post
Should I try taking a third fat burner daily or would this be unsafe?
I have not figured out a way to reproduce theditional Vitamin D supplent help? Thanks for the input!
At my clinic a lot of patients choose to forego the B12 injections for various reasons and still lose good luck
lala is offline   Reply With Quote